I like girls who are bad ass.... Ergo Anime (Thread)

I was looking over at GotWoot's forums to see if they know of why AonE has skipped Naruto 160-172 and I found an interesting tidbit of news about the upcoming dub episodes. It seems that Orochimaru will be dubbed by none other than...Steve Blum. I don't know if it's officially true, but it's good news if he can get Orochimaru's voice down. And if you're downloading the AonE subs to keep, they've got up to 159 and a pack of 173-175, so enjoy that.

Now I've got the rest of Ah My Goddess downloaded, so I'm going to really get into it now as I got up to episode 10 before the torrent was done.

Steve Blum as Oro? He's good, but I don't think he can pull it off. Not that I'll ever watch them anyway, I'm too used to the japanese cast. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Steve Blum as Oro? He's good, but I don't think he can pull it off. Not that I'll ever watch them anyway, I'm too used to the japanese cast. :lol:[/quote]

I agree. Steve Blum's got too much of a manly voice. Oro's on the flamingly flamboyant side so I can't picture anyone unless they do an effeminate voice.

[quote name='jaykrue']I agree. Steve Blum's got too much of a manly voice. Oro's on the flamingly flamboyant side so I can't picture anyone unless they do an effeminate voice.[/QUOTE]

yeah I doubt he will pull off Oro's "Ku Ku Ku" laugh right, but anything is better than "believe it"

So...will the fillers end after 180? I'm getting 180 right now, but it's gonna be another hour or so before it's done!

I like all kinds of girls......except big gilrs(no offense to anyone) I dont know why this is I am a big guy(extra beef) and I dont like bigger girls???? wtf like I am all into the latino-girls, african-american, even white chicks, and mostly with good bodies.

[quote name='Buhametz']I like all kinds of girls......except big gilrs(no offense to anyone) I dont know why this is I am a big guy(extra beef) and I dont like bigger girls???? wtf like I am all into the latino-girls, african-american, even white chicks, and mostly with good bodies.[/quote]

:rofl: Do you know what this thread is?!?

[quote name='Rig']So...will the fillers end after 180? I'm getting 180 right now, but it's gonna be another hour or so before it's done![/QUOTE]

nope at least till 183 is still fillers, rumors of 184 as a filler to and 183 airs on May 3rd

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']nope at least till 183 is still fillers, rumors of 184 as a filler to and 183 airs on May 3rd[/quote]

-_- ...That wasn't the answer I wanted. Damn.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the most badass girl in my book is any girl who can turn into cotton candy and shut up to let me eat her.[/quote]

:lol: Double entendre!! :rofl:

New show called Kiba looks interesting. Storywise, it 'seems' to be a monster-calling type show a la Yugioh... but w/o the crappy art. The art style is clean while the protagonist, Zed, looks like like a teenaged Dante from Devil May Cry. Not much happened in the 1st episode but enough of a expositionary tale to get my interest piqued. Preview opinion - 6/10

Another to look out for on the horizon is an upcoming show called NHK. It's a bit demented (if they're going to follow the manga which I've read part of already). I haven't seen anyone sub it although I believe it's already out in RAW form. It's a story of a Hikikimori or 'shut-in'. They're ppl (usually young men between 17-30) who lock themselves away voluntarily in their rooms to avoid human contact for days, weeks, even years. This particular one is trying to slowly re-enter human society again but has become paranoid due to his long lack of actual human contact. He believes that the NHK (a public broadcasting company) is part of a hidden conspiracy out to get him. It's part Monster, part Death Note, & a dash of twisted humor thrown in. So far nothing supernatural has happened (from what I've read) but it does seem to be leaning in that direction.

If you wanna watch an absolute hilarious/off the wall show, try watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's absolute insanity after two episodes. I absolutely have no clue what's really going on in it. But I can definitely say it's awesome.

[quote name='karsh']If you wanna watch an absolute hilarious/off the wall show, try watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's absolute insanity after two episodes. I absolutely have no clue what's really going on in it. But I can definitely say it's awesome.[/quote]

Sounds wackily entertaining.

Your signature is awesome. :cool:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Sounds wackily entertaining.

Your signature is awesome. :cool:[/quote]

Here's the "description" of it, but it doesn't do the insanity justice.

Plot Summary: On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon a boy who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. Commenting on Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting Kyon unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves literally dragged into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (the S.O.S. Brigade for short).

And yeah, I definitely can't wait for the Marvel Civil War to start. It just seems so interesting.

[quote name='karsh']If you wanna watch an absolute hilarious/off the wall show, try watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's absolute insanity after two episodes. I absolutely have no clue what's really going on in it. But I can definitely say it's awesome.[/quote]

Any groups subbing it?

[quote name='jaykrue']thanks dude. :cool:[/quote]

No prob. I'm trying to get in on the gournd floor with shows instead of waiting a year like I usually do. :lol:

Just finished watching Howl's Moving Castle again.

What a great movie.

This is my third time watching it, and I think I understand it for the most part now.

Turnip's part in the end seemed kind of odd, (as did the atmosphere of the ending), but besides that, it was great.

A few things (note, spoilers ahead)

Sophie turned young again in the end (and sporadically throughout the film) due to her love for Howl, right?

Also, was Howl turning into a monster due to lack of his heart? I thought that not having a heart kind of trapped him in a younger state of mind. But did it also cause that?

And lastly, what's up with the Queen's statemnt at the end? She said something along the lines of (after seeing Turnip being the Prince and every happy ever after) "Well, the game's over. Call such-and-such, let's put an end to this idiotic war". Was this all a ploy to get Howl, or soemthing?

Thanks for your insight. I appreciate it.

Just saw the first episode. :lol:

The narrator is hiilarious. :D

Hahaha. :lol: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, that was bizarre and, yeah, the narrator was fcukin' hilarious. :rofl:

Told ya that it was so random it was great. I'm definitely gonna keep watching this show. I love how if you go to their website, there's a thing for the episodes, and it definitely has like 54,000+ episodes listed, which I find hilarious. I'm pretty sure it's only a 13 episode series, but still.

And on another note, I finally started watching Ah My Goddess, and I have to say through two episodes, I definitely like it. It's interesting.

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm enjoying watching a football anime called Eyeshield 21 & looks to be the next Prince of Tennis.[/quote]

American football or football (soccer)?

I finished Ah My Goddess Friday. It is a pretty good series, and a much different genre of anime I have been watching lately. I'm quite excited that season 2 is already coming out.

For those starting AMG, remember to get 25 and 26. I think those are seperate episodes that came on the DVD or something.

Time to go start on Shakugan no Shana.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']It's about American Football[/quote]

Hmm, it'll be interesting seeing a Japanese take on an American sport.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hmm, it'll be interesting seeing a Japanese take on an American sport.[/QUOTE]

Meh I won't share the same enthuisasm as Jaykrue does. Haven't seen the show much but I read most of the manga that has been out and I wasn't overly impressed. Some interesting and even funny characters at times, but the story is the same formulaic sports manga stuff (that's probably why it seems similar to Prince of Tennis) that has been out for some time now and it makes everything pretty predictable and then it couldn't keep me hooked. I had a hard time convincing myself to bother to read vol. 6 and I dunno if I'll pick up 7.

It is interesting to see a bit of a take on American Football from Japan's perspective but that wears off and it wasn't enough to keep me that interested. I may get hooked though if the show is changed up a bit from the manga though (which oddly enough I'm usually against). That's not to say it's all bad, something like the characters I thought were cool (I'm a sucker for good character development). Anyhow, if it peaks your interest you should be able to find the manga at any decent book store.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Meh I won't share the same enthuisasm as Jaykrue does. Haven't seen the show much but I read most of the manga that has been out and I wasn't overly impressed. Some interesting and even funny characters at times, but the story is the same formulaic sports manga stuff (that's probably why it seems similar to Prince of Tennis) that has been out for some time now and it makes everything pretty predictable and then it couldn't keep me hooked. I had a hard time convincing myself to bother to read vol. 6 and I dunno if I'll pick up 7.

It is interesting to see a bit of a take on American Football from Japan's perspective but that wears off and it wasn't enough to keep me that interested. I may get hooked though if the show is changed up a bit from the manga though (which oddly enough I'm usually against). That's not to say it's all bad, something like the characters I thought were cool (I'm a sucker for good character development). Anyhow, if it peaks your interest you should be able to find the manga at any decent book store.[/quote]

I don't think I have ever seen any show or manga that deals with sports (unless you count racing in Initial D). I might check out the manga the next time I go to Barnes and Noble.

On sports animes, I'll recommend Major, which is about baseball.

its a drama as well and its quite good.

Plot Summary: Shigeharu Honda is a Major Leauge batter on the rise. His son Goro is a Little Leauge pitcher who one day hopes to follow in his father's footsteps. Momoko Hoshino is Goro's schoolteacher, and the first woman Shigeharu has been interested in since the death of Goro's mother.The destines of these three individuals will become intertwined as father and son experience both heartbreak and triumph on the baseball diamond. But when an unspeakable tragedy visits the family, it will take everything they have to pick up the pieces and reclaim their dreams.
Summary taken from ANN

[quote name='LiquidNight']On sports animes, I'll recommend Major, which is about baseball.

its a drama as well and its quite good.

Summary taken from ANN[/quote]

I'll add that to my "to view" list also.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']American football or football (soccer)?[/quote]
It's American football and focuses mainly on a skinny kid who runs really fast (who ends up become the team's secret weapon wide receiver - Eyeshield 21). Duo_Max is right that it's formulaic but I think that's part of its appeal. It got me to like Prince of Tennis (a sport which I don't like by any means). Besides, in those 2 anime, everyone's got special 'signature' moves a la Street Fighter and I love seein' special attacks w/ cool (but cheesy) names like Tezuka Zone or Twist Serve.:lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't think I have ever seen any show or manga that deals with sports (unless you count racing in Initial D). I might check out the manga the next time I go to Barnes and Noble.[/quote]

I'm fairly sure there's anime for everything. If you want go-kart racing, check out Capeta. It's a bit drama-ish but it's got its own moments. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm fairly sure there's anime for everything. If you want go-kart racing, check out Capeta. It's a bit drama-ish but it's got its own moments. :lol:[/quote]

That's one thing I like about anime and manga vs. most american comics and cartoons, creativity seems to really flourish in Japan.

Go-kart racing? That's something I doubt Marvel, DC, Image or Dark Horse would have ever come up with.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Go-kart racing? That's something I doubt Marvel, DC, Image or Dark Horse would have ever come up with.[/QUOTE]As a dedicated subject? Probably not, but I bet Superman is cheating in a kart race against Jimmy and Lois using his powers somewhere on Superdickery.

[quote name='jmcc']As a dedicated subject? Probably not, but I bet Superman is cheating in a kart race against Jimmy and Lois using his powers somewhere on Superdickery.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That's one thing I like about anime and manga vs. most american comics and cartoons, creativity seems to really flourish in Japan.

Go-kart racing? That's something I doubt Marvel, DC, Image or Dark Horse would have ever come up with.[/QUOTE]But is it really creativity when all that's changed is the setting? :whistle2:k

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm fairly sure there's anime for everything.[/QUOTE]

Then why have I yet to see an Uno Card Game anime? >_>

And, new One Piece chapter is out
Calipha fanservice, and Franky defeats Fukurou. So that's 3 down (Nero, Fukurou and Blueno) and 6 to go.
Also, Chopper gains a new form, and Calipha's fruit power has something to do with paralysis, as Nami is paralyzed and Sanji is a glass mannequin.

I have to say, I went into Eureka 7 with low expectations. I hate mecha anime, but I have to say, through one episode, I'm willing to give this one a chance. Between a voice cast that's very easy to like (Crispin as Holland was genius from what you see of him in the first episode) and some of the most beautiful animation I have ever seen, I was definitely entertained where I expected utter crap. I'm not sure how much I'll like it as I watch more, but I'll definitely give it a second episode next weekend. But wow was the animation so fluid. Reminded me a lot of FLCL.

[quote name='karsh']I have to say, I went into Eureka 7 with low expectations. I hate mecha anime, but I have to say, through one episode, I'm willing to give this one a chance. Between a voice cast that's very easy to like (Crispin as Holland was genius from what you see of him in the first episode) and some of the most beautiful animation I have ever seen, I was definitely entertained where I expected utter crap. I'm not sure how much I'll like it as I watch more, but I'll definitely give it a second episode next weekend. But wow was the animation so fluid. Reminded me a lot of FLCL.[/quote]

I have to agree with that. The only mecha show I absolutely love is Big O (probably my second favorite anime). In general I just can't get into them at all. Eureka Seven seems like something I could enjoy though and I look forward to more eps.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have to agree with that. The only mecha show I absolutely love is Big O (probably my second favorite anime). In general I just can't get into them at all. Eureka Seven seems like something I could enjoy though and I look forward to more eps.[/quote]

Another thing is that so far, and I've only seen two OPs and the ED, the music is pretty damn catchy. I hope they got all the OPs over, because the 2nd one by Home Made Kazoku or however it's spelled, is so random it's great.

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']Then why have I yet to see an Uno Card Game anime? >_>[/quote]

I'm sure there's one... it's just we haven't heard of it yet or no one wants to sub it. :lol: Hell, there's one about japanese othello (I think or chess, I'm still not sure of the rules) called Hikaru No Go. That's pretty damn obscure if you ask me. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm sure there's one... it's just we haven't heard of it yet or no one wants to sub it. :lol: Hell, there's one about japanese othello (I think or chess, I'm still not sure of the rules) called Hikaru No Go. That's pretty damn obscure if you ask me. :lol:[/quote]

You haven't seen/read Hikaru No Go, jaykrue? It's in Shonen Jump, and the anime/manga is also over here. It's actually based on 'Go' the game.

It's not half bad, actually, though there isn't really much "action." I read it in Shonen Jump and I have some of the anime, though I haven't watched any of it yet.

[quote name='Rig']You haven't seen/read Hikaru No Go, jaykrue? It's in Shonen Jump, and the anime/manga is also over here. It's actually based on 'Go' the game.

It's not half bad, actually, though there isn't really much "action." I read it in Shonen Jump and I have some of the anime, though I haven't watched any of it yet.[/quote]
I have seen about 30 eps. of it from Toriyama World (hence my reference to a japanese othello or chess). I like the strategy aspect but, yeah, I couldn't get past how intense they were over the specific way you put down one of the game pieces. :lol:

EDIT: Checkin' out a new sub by Doremi Fansubs (they did Mai Otome) called Strawberry Panic. From their description it seems to be a lesbo (yuri) drama. Fun times. :lol:

EDIT2: Seems like the FMA short is out as well. If it was out before, I didn't see it.

Alright, I took advantage of the $3.99 deal at Big Lots and purchased these...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55214

Armitage Dual Matrix: Limited Edition
L/R: Licensed by Royalty 1
Lupin the 3rd Vol. 7 - with ChoroQ on-pack (Lupin w/yellow car)
Lupin the 3rd Vol. 8 - with ChoroQ on-pack (Jigen w/red car)
Lupin the 3rd Vol. 9 - with ChoroQ on-pack (Fujiko w/green motorcycle)
Master Keaton 1
Master Keaton 2
Master Keaton 4
Patlabor WXIII: The Movie - Standard Edition
Submarine 707 Revolution

What do you guys think of these shows? I am only familiar with Lupin. The others I bought after reading reviews on AnimeonDVD (which seemed to be good for all of them).

bread's done
Back