I like girls who are bad ass.... Ergo Anime (Thread)

I know this seems dumb, but I JUST realized that both the OP and ED of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are sung by the voice actress for Haruhi. I just can't help but absolutely love the ending. Especially the retarded dance parts.

[quote name='karsh']I know this seems dumb, but I JUST realized that both the OP and ED of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are sung by the voice actress for Haruhi. I just can't help but absolutely love the ending. Especially the retarded dance parts.[/quote]

What are you talking about? That dancing was synchronized genius! Genius I tell you! :lol:

FMA ch 58 is now out.

the people at ZOMGFTA have a sense of humor and will usually take a part of the chapter and put their own spin on it:

:lol:

this page is a hilarious part of the actual chapter (dont worry, it wont spoil anything, I only took the funny part):

:rofl:

[quote name='LiquidNight']:lol:

this page isa hilarious part of the actual chapter (dont worry, it wont spoil anything, I only took the funny part):

:rofl:[/quote]

:rofl::rofl:

Poor Black Hayate!

[quote name='jmcc']Yowza. Seems that Chopper will smoosh you if you get him riled enough:
[/QUOTE]

Well, it looks like Kumadori is fucked.

And is it me, or does it seem like that's a combo of all the forms?

:rofl:
I just watched the first FMA ova, the Chibi Party, and its one the the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

The second ep of the 3 ep OVA was just released yesterday, so everyone go and get that along with the first ep if you havent seen that yet.

edit: I just saw your post shinkuu, and that is what happens when chopper eats 3 rumble balls. he loses total control and beats beats up basically anything. its explained on this page in ch 407

[quote name='LiquidNight']edit: I just saw your post shinkuu, and that is what happens when chopper eats 3 rumble balls. he loses total control and beats beats up basically anything. its explained on this page in ch 407[/QUOTE]

I know about it, I was just stating that it vaguely reminded me of all his forms combined.
It also reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, but that's different >_>

Also:
Kalifa's fruit is revealed. Bubble-Bubble-Fruit. Although I still question if it's logia or paramecia

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Naruto 304: We all knew it was coming, but damn they didn't waste any time with it, huh? :lol:[/quote]

Are you kidding? That's all they did...until now.:lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Are you kidding? That's all they did...until now.:lol:[/QUOTE]After the last chapter I was expecting another 2 or 3 before, you know. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']After the last chapter I was expecting another 2 or 3 before, you know. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I was expecting some more navel-gazing. :roll: I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't go there. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Yeah, I was expecting some more navel-gazing. :roll: I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't go there. :lol:[/QUOTE]

something really needs to happen already, they have just been giving us like flickers of a story. I mean the whole fight between
4tails and Oro was just to show how crazy powerful naruto can be
which could have been done in 1 or 2 chapters. Now the whole double triple cross and not showing mr. grumpy eyes is just annoying. They need to just get on with it already.

Hey, I just read a little about Fate/Stay Night and it looks interesting. I also see that it is licensed but I haven't found out by who. Also, when will it be out in North America?

[quote name='Over easy']I finished Ah My Goddess Friday. It is a pretty good series, and a much different genre of anime I have been watching lately. I'm quite excited that season 2 is already coming out.

For those starting AMG, remember to get 25 and 26. I think those are seperate episodes that came on the DVD or something.

Time to go start on Shakugan no Shana.[/QUOTE]
I finished the series earlier this week and I loved it. I do have to say that the special episode was BS, just a recap episode.

Do you know if there is anybody fansubbing the second season? I noticed this spinoff and I'm wondering if anybody has fansubbed that, as well?

With AMG done, I'm back to focusing on Prince of Tennis, and I managed to watch 101-104 yesterday, which detailed the time off for Seigaku up to their match against Rikkaida, which I cannot wait for.

[quote name='LiquidNight']FMA ch 58 is now out.[/QUOTE]

I liked the first half of the chapter but the second part was meh
I think I have had enough with the whole Isballah crap

[quote name='karsh']It seems according to this one site I go to, AnimeOne is subbing the second season of AMG.[/QUOTE]
Just checked gotwoot and I can confirm that now. Thanks for the heads up. This is assuming that Sorezore no Tsubasa is teh subtitle for the new season. :)

I'm sad now. After seeing that Beet the Vandel Hunter 46 was released not too long ago, Anime Keep's site says that they've dropped it. Apparently the only other fansubbers are spanish. :whistle2:( Edit: It seems it was an April Fool's joke, and a rather cruel one to make consider how fucking long it's been between episodes (almost 10 weeks). Now I'm all happy again. :D

Now for a happy edit: Anime Otaku has released two more episodes (163 + 164) of Prince of Tennis for you anal fansub grabbers. Enjoy.

i was reading 304 again and a question came to me
why the hell didnt they kill kabuto. He was involved directly in several murders of Konoha citizens, and was involved in planning of many more. 4 on 1 they could have easily killed him and taken him out of the way.

Hmm. So Bleach 224 seems to be hinting that
Chad's power is hollow based. Interesting if true, though I'll need some good explanation for that. Also, I have to wonder who's with Orihime in the last page. I'd almost suspect it's Ishida, given the skinny legs, but he doesn't seem the type to break his promise so fast.

[quote name='jmcc']Hmm. So Bleach 224 seems to be hinting that
Chad's power is hollow based. Interesting if true, though I'll need some good explanation for that. Also, I have to wonder who's with Orihime in the last page. I'd almost suspect it's Ishida, given the skinny legs, but he doesn't seem the type to break his promise so fast.
[/quote]

Wait,
how did she know how to find him in the first place? I thought Ichigo was trying not to be found.

[quote name='jaykrue']Wait,
how did she know how to find him in the first place? I thought Ichigo was trying not to be found.
[/QUOTE]
I already got rid of the chapter. But if it was Ishida, he knows how to track using the spirit threads.

[quote name='jmcc']
I already got rid of the chapter. But if it was Ishida, he knows how to track using the spirit threads.
[/quote]

But I thought Ichigo had already mastered hiding his spirit thread or is that just my baseless assumption?

[quote name='jaykrue']
But I thought Ichigo had already mastered hiding his spirit thread or is that just my baseless assumption?
[/QUOTE]
If he is able to, totally that is, I'm not sure when it came about.

Bleach 224 stuff:

I think that Orihime is with Hitsugaya. They look like the pants he wears with his school outfit and Hitsugaya is staying with her. Plus they just had the conversation with Genryuusai, so I wouldn't be surprised. And it definitely seems like Chad's powers are Hollow-based.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I finished the series earlier this week and I loved it. I do have to say that the special episode was BS, just a recap episode.

Do you know if there is anybody fansubbing the second season? I noticed this spinoff and I'm wondering if anybody has fansubbed that, as well?

With AMG done, I'm back to focusing on Prince of Tennis, and I managed to watch 101-104 yesterday, which detailed the time off for Seigaku up to their match against Rikkaida, which I cannot wait for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the special episode has nothing new in it, but I did love episode 26, which I consider to be my favorite episode of all time in any anime.

As for the mini-goddesses series, they made that a long long time ago (like 5?).So I'm not sure who did the subs. But as for the second season, AnimeOne and AnimeYuki is doing it again.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hey, I just read a little about Fate/Stay Night and it looks interesting. I also see that it is licensed but I haven't found out by who. Also, when will it be out in North America?[/QUOTE]

I knew they were licensed, but not who. Maybe I'll look into it a bit more. Definately a very good series.

Wow. Steve Blum is amazing as Orochimaru. I knew he had the range beyond his "DIE!" voice, but I didn't expect such a perfect match. It's almost exactly what I expected his voice to sound like in English.

This is mainly for Frisky but I suppose there are other unspoken fans on this board. There's a new PoT OVA series out by Anime-Jiyuu. It's 3 eps. and it basically continues the story right after the main series ends

as Seigaku begins the road to the National Championships

[quote name='jaykrue']This is mainly for Frisky but I suppose there are other unspoken fans on this board. There's a new PoT OVA series out by Anime-Jiyuu. It's 3 eps. and it basically continues the story right after the main series ends

as Seigaku begins the road to the National Championships
[/QUOTE]
Sweet. I'll have to check it out once I finish the series.

As for Orochimaru/Steve Blum, I was a little surprised by his ability to capture the voice so well. I cannot wait to see more Naruto next week, though I dread the long Sakura flashbacks we'll have to endure, moreso than in the fansub since we have to wait another week to hopefully get past that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sweet. I'll have to check it out once I finish the series.[/quote]

Just saw the 1st episode and

they immediately killed off one of my favorite teams - Rokkaku. :bomb:

The full version of the Haruhi Suzumiya OP is out and I love it. Such a random song. Can't wait for the full version of the ED to come out.

[quote name='karsh']The full version of the Haruhi Suzumiya OP is out and I love it. Such a random song. Can't wait for the full version of the ED to come out.[/quote]

Eps. 4 is out as well. :D

Watched some more Dragon Ball, which I'm up to the part where Goku's nearing Commander Red and the gang is trying to catch up to him quickly so as to help him.

I loved the part where Roshi uses the scouter plane to peek at girls changing at the beach and ends up zooming in on some guy as he's pulling down his pants with his ass to the camera. He promptly puts his head out the window to throw up at what he saw.
I love the uncut version of this show. :lol:

[quote name='thespillcanvas']Ep 4 of Haruhi was great. Too bad the series is bieng cut short. :/[/quote]

Yeah, it was awesome. What's that about the series being cut short?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, it was awesome. What's that about the series being cut short?[/quote]

Supposedly, although I've NEVER seen anything besides what people say, the show is only going to be 13 episodes because they need the animators over on Kanon. Like I said, I personally have never seen this written anywhere, but it's what tons of people say.

[quote name='LiquidNight']well done Guile :lol:
I dont like the presence of the subs in that first one though, even though they're barely noticable[/quote]

I didn't either to be honest. I made another with those last few frames cut.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I didn't either to be honest. I made another with those last few frames cut.

[/quote]

Heh, those are great. :)
I've been searching around for a good Haruhi background. Only found one though, since I always use up the contribution limit in under 5 minutes on Animepaper... (Not good with photoshop x_x)

On another note, just ordered the Evangelion Platinum Collection, finally. :D

[quote name='thespillcanvas']Heh, those are great. :)
I've been searching around for a good Haruhi background. Only found one though, since I always use up the contribution limit in under 5 minutes on Animepaper... (Not good with photoshop x_x)

On another note, just ordered the Evangelion Platinum Collection, finally. :D[/quote]

Here's one I made. It's not great but it's a start.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']I like it! :applause:[/quote]

Since I am really into this show I'll try to make more over the next few days.

[quote name='karsh']Supposedly, although I've NEVER seen anything besides what people say, the show is only going to be 13 episodes because they need the animators over on Kanon. Like I said, I personally have never seen this written anywhere, but it's what tons of people say.[/quote]

That's messed up considering the animation of Suzumiya is quite good especially the OP/ED. I'd rather they devote more animators to Suzumiya as I can envision it outdoing Kanon. I saw the original version of Kanon and I doubt the reimagining could change my perception of it (I thought it was 'meh' at best).

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I think I'll watch the 2nd Naruto movie today, as I wait for plans to work out.[/quote]

I'll hafta put it off till tomorrow as it's the weekend aka party time so I'll see it once I'm awake from my drunken stupor. :lol:

bread's done
Back