I like girls who are bad ass.... Ergo Anime (Thread)

I'm loving the uncut Dragon Ball even more after seeing one change from the original airing:

When Yamcha, Goku, and Krillin are fighting Baba's fighters to get the location of the last dragon ball since their dragon radar cannot find it. So when Yamcha's up to fight the invisible guy, he's obviously having trouble being able to attack him, so Krillin tells Goku to get Roshi and Bulma and get back quickly. He finds them, gets back in time, and Krillin sets them up and pulls down Bulma's top. Roshi, seeing her boobs, has a major nosebleed and the blood covers the invisible guy giving Yamcha the edge and the invisible guy gives up. I believe it's tomato soup or some similar liquid that is used to pour on the guy to make him visible. Much funnier with the boob flash and I was :rofl: as a result. I'm loving this.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm loving the uncut Dragon Ball even more after seeing one change from the original airing:

When Yamcha, Goku, and Krillin are fighting Baba's fighters to get the location of the last dragon ball since their dragon radar cannot find it. So when Yamcha's up to fight the invisible guy, he's obviously having trouble being able to attack him, so Krillin tells Goku to get Roshi and Bulma and get back quickly. He finds them, gets back in time, and Krillin sets them up and pulls down Bulma's top. Roshi, seeing her boobs, has a major nosebleed and the blood covers the invisible guy giving Yamcha the edge and the invisible guy gives up. I believe it's tomato soup or some similar liquid that is used to pour on the guy to make him visible. Much funnier with the boob flash and I was :rofl: as a result. I'm loving this.
[/QUOTE]
Yet, Z is the more popular incarnation of the series. It seems unfair, given how much more fun original DB is.

[quote name='jmcc']Yet, Z is the more popular incarnation of the series. It seems unfair, given how much more fun original DB is.[/QUOTE]
I know. :whistle2:( As long as Funi releases the first thirteen episodes on DVD, I'll be happy with the situation.

Just saw the music video for one of the older Bleach ED songs (Life by Yui) and the girl who sings the song is hot! :drool: Her style reminds me of a japanese Michelle Branch.

[quote name='jaykrue']Just saw the music video for one of the older Bleach ED songs (Life by Yui) and the girl who sings the song is hot! :drool: Her style reminds me of a japanese Michelle Branch.[/quote]
Did a quick GIS, I'm assuming this is her. Not bad.

yui_tw_jacket.jpg

[quote name='dcfox']Did a quick GIS, I'm assuming this is her. Not bad.

yui_tw_jacket.jpg
[/quote]
Yeah that's her but that pic doesn't do her justice as it makes her seem like she has really squinty eyes. In the video, she's got my favorite type of girl eyes - almond-shaped. :drool::bouncy:

I've always been attracted to girls w/ that eyeshape. It reminds me of one of my first gf's from highschool.

Anyway, just saw the 2nd Naruto movie. The storyline was quite underwhelming while the animation was pretty good. It's no Miyazaki but it's passable for a kiddie type movie.

I blame this on you, jaykrue...I've been hooked on watching all of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan...I have one episode left and damn if it isn't THE most randomly entertaining thing I've ever seen.

[quote name='karsh']I blame this on you, jaykrue...I've been hooked on watching all of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan...I have one episode left and damn if it isn't THE most randomly entertaining thing I've ever seen.[/quote]

C'mon! Who wouldn't love an sadistic angel with a killer spiked bat named Excaliborg? :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']C'mon! Who wouldn't love an sadistic angel with a killer spiked bat named Excaliborg? :lol:[/quote]

:lol:

I'm gonna be sad once I watch this last episode later...It's always interesting to see how many times she can kill Sakura in one episode. I literally was laughing out loud when they told me what happens to angels when their halo is taken. My friends thought I was crazy.

[quote name='jaykrue']Anyway, just saw the 2nd Naruto movie. The storyline was quite underwhelming while the animation was pretty good. It's no Miyazaki but it's passable for a kiddie type movie.[/QUOTE]Needs more Temari. Bastards. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :cry:

[quote name='karsh']I blame this on you, jaykrue...I've been hooked on watching all of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan...I have one episode left and damn if it isn't THE most randomly entertaining thing I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Just watched the first episode of that and it was definitely interesting. The intro song is pretty entertaining.

Finally got around to downloading the second Naruto movie. Not expecting much, but I'll prolly give it a watch tonight. (After spending four or five hours on my last homework project!)

I have to say, I really liked the end of Dokuro. I was worried for a bit, but then the last five minutes or so redeemed it. One of my favorite animes that I can watch in a couple hours.

for those of you who enjoy gore and blood filled anime, check out Tokko and Witchblade.
both are new series, and I'm hoping for story, but only 1 ep of each has been released, so we'll have to see.

Finished watching Tsukihime last week. I didn't find the story as good as some people say, but I did like the animation style a lot. Pretty good series, maybe I'll watch it again when I'm bored.

Still waiting for the new AMG episode to come out. I need something else to tide me over each week before Fate/Stay Night comes out.

[quote name='LiquidNight']for those of you who enjoy gore and blood filled anime, check out Tokko and Witchblade.
both are new series, and I'm hoping for story, but only 1 ep of each has been released, so we'll have to see.[/quote]
Just saw Tokko & have Witchblade in my torrent queue. Tokko reminds me of Blood+ (which I like quite a bit) but the story isn't compelling yet. I'll give it till eps. 5 before I give a full opinion on it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Needs more Temari. Bastards. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :cry:[/quote]
Yeah, I did notice the lack of Temari. I was kinda hoping for some big fan goodness. :lol:

[quote name='karsh']:lol:

I'm gonna be sad once I watch this last episode later...It's always interesting to see how many times she can kill Sakura in one episode. I literally was laughing out loud when they told me what happens to angels when their halo is taken. My friends thought I was crazy.[/quote]
Every one of my friends I've shown it too (including girls that are normally squeamish at bloody violence) were all busting a gut and would always ask me for the remaining episodes. Who says gratuitious violence isn't entertaining? :lol::bouncy:

EDIT: Suzumiya eps. 5 is out. Get it now biatchez.:cool:

Just got Suzumiya ep.5. Interesting, very interesting indeed. Pieces of the puzzle are staring to fall into place it seems.

I'm also up to episode 5 in Kashimashi. The story is really interesting so far. I normally don't get into many romance stories but I'm curious as to how this will play out.

I got the latest Shonen Jump newsletter and there was an interesting piece of news inside:

Starting July 17, watch your favorite SHONEN JUMP manga transformed into anime online courtesy of Toonami Jetstream, including Naruto, The Prince of Tennis and Hikaru no Go!

I'm assuming this would be free, as making people pay doesn't seem like a wise idea. I'd also have to assume that these are the dubs, but being able to watch them at my leisure for free would be great enough. Also, Prince of Tennis! :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I got the latest Shonen Jump newsletter and there was an interesting piece of news inside:

I'm assuming this would be free, as making people pay doesn't seem like a wise idea. I'd also have to assume that these are the dubs, but being able to watch them at my leisure for free would be great enough. Also, Prince of Tennis! :D[/quote]

When did PoT get licensed? I know the manga has been, but I didn't know the anime did...

Well, after finally watching episode 5 of Haruhi, this is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite animes. There's just so much to like about it. Plus, how can I not love a show that literally is skipping around in the episodes? I'm almost expecting the episode after next NOT to be part 2 of next weeks, and instead go back to before the baseball game.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']When did PoT get licensed? I know the manga has been, but I didn't know the anime did...[/QUOTE]
I didn't know either, but it wouldn't be mentioned it they didn't have anything up there sleeve. We'll have to see what's up in two months.

PoT has ALOT of cultural references/jokes in it, which is part of what makes it great. I'm sure they will take them all out to "Americanize" it. :/

[quote name='Over easy']Finished watching Tsukihime last week. I didn't find the story as good as some people say, but I did like the animation style a lot. Pretty good series, maybe I'll watch it again when I'm bored.

[/QUOTE]

I liked Tsukihime at first, then found it downright frustrating. it needed to be longer, with more action and better character development. not to mention that the Tsukihime world is much larger in Japan. There are a ton of characters in Melty Blood who weren't in the anime...

[quote name='integralsmatic']So i just finished Eureka SeveN and dam it was good. so im looking for something new to Torrent any one have any good ideas??[/quote]

Right now The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is all the rage.

[quote name='integralsmatic']So i just finished Eureka SeveN and dam it was good. so im looking for something new to Torrent any one have any good ideas??[/quote]

You're gonna hafta tell us what kind of anime interests you as well as stuff you have/haven't seen already. There's so many things out.

Sports:

Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Initial D 4th Stage

Comedy:

Azumanga Daioh
Pani Poni Dash
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
School Rumble (1st & 2nd Semester)
Ichigo Mashimaro
High School Girls
Magikano
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Karin
Disgaea
Today in Class 5-2

Action:

Bleach
Naruto
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig
Blood+
Black Cat

Drama:

Utawarerumono
Kamichu!

Horror:

~ayakashi~ Japanese Classic Horror
Higurashi no Naku Koro
Tokko
Witchblade

and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a lot of current good series I'm forgetting about.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']When did PoT get licensed? I know the manga has been, but I didn't know the anime did...[/QUOTE]

In January if I recall correctly.

Just watched the second Naruto movie and #183.

The movie had pretty good visuals, but needed more Gaara. (And where the hell was Temari! :bomb: )

#183 is more of the same...

End filler!

Akamaru betrays Kiba next time, or some crap...

[quote name='Rig']

#183 is more of the same...

End filler! [/QUOTE]

not to crush your hopes too much but
Jpn. 05/31/06 Episode 186: "Laughing Shino"

now that doesnt seem like a conclusion to an arc, so must likely filler will go till june maybe even july

ohh and with 305

Sai is so going to get his heart ripped out literally by either Sasuke, Kabuto, or Oro, hopefully he gets to show some interesting jutsus before he is dead

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']not to crush your hopes too much but
Jpn. 05/31/06 Episode 186: "Laughing Shino"

now that doesnt seem like a conclusion to an arc, so must likely filler will go till june maybe even july[/quote]

Oh, my hopes aren't high. My 'end filler' was me wishing they would get the damn filler done with.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Death Note ... wow. (read 106 & 107)[/QUOTE]

yeah that was crazy
i think its pretty obvious thats hes going to be a shingami, he really turned into a lil bitch at the end though

[quote name='jaykrue']You're gonna hafta tell us what kind of anime interests you as well as stuff you have/haven't seen already. There's so many things out.

Sports:

Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Initial D 4th Stage

Comedy:

Azumanga Daioh
Pani Poni Dash
Ichigo Mashimaro
High School Girls
Magikano
Karin
Disgaea
Today in Class 5-2

Action:

Bleach
Naruto
Ergo Proxy
Blood+
Black Cat

Drama:

Utawarerumono
Kamichu!

Horror:

Higurashi no Naku Koro
Tokko
Witchblade

and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a lot of current good series I'm forgetting about.[/quote] I'm going to post what I recommend from this list:

Sports:

Major (not on the list, but a good sports anime about Baseball)

Comedy (watch all of these):

Azumanga Daioh
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Fullmetal Alchemist OVAs
FLCL (not on the list)
Planetes (half drama, half comedy, all good)

Drama:

Air TV (again, not on the list)
Gankutsuou (not on the list, but one of my all time favorites, incredibly well done series)

Action:

Fate/Stay Night (not on list)
Ergo Proxy
GitS: 2nd Gig
Tokko
Blood+ (look for a batch torrent of the first 26 episodes soon)

Horror:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (excellent series, one of my favorites)
Jigouku Shoujo (not on list, check it out)

What would you recommend for someone that likes Boogiepop Phantom, Yugo the Negotiator, Gilgamesh, and Kino's Journey in terms of anime, and Death Note, Dragon Head, Dead End, Priest, A Midnight Opera, The Dreaming, and Bizenghast for manga?

I can't speak any eastern language, and am not really pretending that I'll learn them anytime soon. English, french, or german.

[quote name='jaykrue']You're gonna hafta tell us what kind of anime interests you as well as stuff you have/haven't seen already. There's so many things out.

Sports:

Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Initial D 4th Stage

Comedy:

Azumanga Daioh
Pani Poni Dash
Ichigo Mashimaro
High School Girls
Magikano
Karin
Disgaea
Today in Class 5-2

Action:

Bleach
Naruto
Ergo Proxy
Blood+
Black Cat

Drama:

Utawarerumono
Kamichu!

Horror:

Higurashi no Naku Koro
Tokko
Witchblade

and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a lot of current good series I'm forgetting about.[/QUOTE]
The fact that you don't have Beck on there is an insult to all that is good. Throw in the lack of Planetes and Ah My Goddess and I puke all over your list. ;)

As for the Naruto183 not being the end of the filler, it sucks, but it should've been expected with the new intro, as I'd think that when the big jump does happen that there'd be a new intro to accompany that.

[quote name='Blade']What would you recommend for someone that likes Boogiepop Phantom, Yugo the Negotiator, Gilgamesh, and Kino's Journey in terms of anime, and Death Note, Dragon Head, Dead End, Priest, A Midnight Opera, The Dreaming, and Bizenghast for manga?

I can't speak any eastern language, and am not really pretending that I'll learn them anytime soon. English, french, or german.[/quote]

My reccomendations for manga would be Bleach, The Getbackers, and Hellsing.
For anime I'd reccomend Bleach, Naruto, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Evangelion. This is, however, assuming you don't mind fansubs. Also, for anime I just listed what I think are some good ones since I haven't seen too many of the shows you listed.

These *&*#&*#&# damn .mkv files have reminded me why I prefer buying anime on DVD instead of watching fansubs. :bomb:

I really wish people would stop trying to find the next best format and just use what is known to work for the most people.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']These *&*#&*#&# damn .mkv files have reminded me why I prefer buying anime on DVD instead of watching fansubs. :bomb:

I really wish people would stop trying to find the next best format and just use what is known to work for the most people.[/quote]

What problems are you having? VLC is/has been working fine for me for the past 2 years. You've probably got outdated codecs. It's all about the Combined Community Codec Pack.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The fact that you don't have Beck on there is an insult to all that is good. Throw in the lack of Planetes and Ah My Goddess and I puke all over your list. ;)[/quote]

I didn't like Beck at all. It just wasn't that interesting to me. Planetes is definitely my fault for forgetting but I didn't care for AMG, both the old/new versions.

[quote name='jaykrue']What problems are you having? VLC is/has been working fine for me for the past 2 years. You've probably got outdated codecs. It's all about the Combined Community Codec Pack.
[/quote]

I'm close to finishing Kashimashi. The first eight eps. are Divx, but the last four are from a different group in mkv. I actually got the problem fixed. Animesuki recommended Haali's Matroska Splitter, but that did nothing. I went ahead and got the Matroska Full Pack from the official site though and that worked. After that I could play the files in Windows Media Player.

I just get tired of all the different codecs and crap.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm close to finishing Kashimashi. The first eight eps. are Divx, but the last four are from a different group in mkv. I actually got the problem fixed. Animesuki recommended Haali's Matroska Splitter, but that did nothing. I went ahead and got the Matroska Full Pack from the official site though and that worked. After that I could play the files in Windows Media Player.

I just get tired of all the different codecs and crap.[/quote]

Like I said, it's all about the Combined Community Codec Pack. It has Haali's Matroska Splitter in it as well as a wide variety of codecs you'll need. Ace Megacodec pack has too many conflicts. CCCP is the one you want. Incidentally, mkv is an awesome container. The quality is quite good vs. divx and avi. Though I'm starting to see the benefits of mp4. Many groups are considering the switch to mp4. It allows for the same quality as divx/mkv but in a smaller file size.

[quote name='jaykrue']Like I said, it's all about the Combined Community Codec Pack. It has Haali's Matroska Splitter in it as well as a wide variety of codecs you'll need. Ace Megacodec pack has too many conflicts. CCCP is the one you want. Incidentally, mkv is an awesome container. The quality is quite good vs. divx and avi. Though I'm starting to see the benefits of mp4. Many groups are considering the switch to mp4. It allows for the same quality as divx/mkv but in a smaller file size.[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that quality was really good and the file size was smaller. I had problems a few years ago with a codec pack screwing with some playback so I am wary of them. I prefer installing individual codecs as needed if at all possible.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, I noticed that quality was really good and the file size was smaller. I had problems a few years ago with a codec pack screwing with some playback so I am wary of them. I prefer installing individual codecs as needed if at all possible.[/quote]
If you don't want to have to mess with codecs, you could use VLC. It plays basically everything except RM. And doesn't rely on codecs, has them built in. Or Media Player Classic (Real Alternative), plays RM and a few others right away, and with codecs it can play anything. And it eats up less resources than WMP or RP.

[quote name='jaykrue']I didn't like Beck at all. It just wasn't that interesting to me. Planetes is definitely my fault for forgetting but I didn't care for AMG, both the old/new versions.[/QUOTE]
Fie on you for not liking Beck! :hot:

bread's done
Back