Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

The first Wal-Mart I tried to match at pooed on it. The second one worked fine.

My only complaint is the packaging. You're basically forced to destroy the plastic tray holding the PSP in order to get everything out of the box. Not a huge issue with this bundle (in my opinion) but if the Star Wars one comes the same way and people want to keep it in mint condition, it'll take some finesse.

Off to cancel my Amazon preorder.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Has anyone tested the thick older battery or stamina battery on their opened PSP slim? Do you really need to buy a new backcover, or can you rubberband it or something? Kinda iffy, I know...[/quote]
I've tried it. It fits very snuggly. I don't think it's neccessary to have the battery cover unless you plan on flinging the psp fairly hard.

Has anyone been able to find and purchase the PSP Slim Daxter bundle in the Seattle metro area? Only place I found that said they had them was the Lynnwood Target and they said they could not sell one to me until 9/10/07 or they could be fined.

[quote name='MajorGamerGeek']Has anyone been able to find and purchase the PSP Slim Daxter bundle in the Seattle metro area? Only place I found that said they had them was the Lynnwood Target and they said they could not sell one to me until 9/10/07 or they could be fined.[/QUOTE]

Please feel free to print out the Sony press release that says that the damn PSP 2K can be sold and educate these ignorant retail monkeys. My god this is getting annoying.

BTW-still cant find it in SC/SJ metro area.

[quote name='Rincewind']Please feel free to print out the Sony press release that says that the damn PSP 2K can be sold and educate these ignorant retail monkeys. My god this is getting annoying.[/QUOTE]

You seem to be under the impression that this would actually help, or change things. Retail monkeys will be retail monkeys will be retail monkeys. You're not going to convince said people otherwise. It would *have* to come from Management Above.

DC area:

As of yesterday, none of the local (Arlington/Springfield/Baileys/Fairfax) Targets had the slim in stock. PM was hassle free at the Bailey's Crossroads Circuit City (of course, I spent twenty minutes getting someone to open the glass case).

I pm'd at Best Buy for the $170.

Amusing: I originally went to CC and they told me, "we received 8 units, and they were all sold" so I'm thinking, crap, I'm screwed. SO I go to BB and tell them what happened and the guy says "8 units! We got in 50.'

Talk about a huge difference in inventory.

Just got back from the Circuit City in Newport News, VA. I got one price-matched to $169.99, plus a free Gamers Savings Club membership for a year. Not sure why... but, it made a nice deal even nicer. :bouncy:

I was just at W. Palm Beach, FL Store..they had it out & for sale (about 15 of them). they wouldn't PM me though.. so I passed... waiting for that ceramic white

NJ peeps...

the target on rt 10 in east hanover has about 10. just bring a print out of the website. no problem getting PM.

CC and BB on rt 10 dont have them.

So for the people picking this up at Target, is the price ringing up at $169.99 or do you need to show them the printout?

[quote name='bmsdaddy']So for the people picking this up at Target, is the price ringing up at $169.99 or do you need to show them the printout?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you need the print out. Even then, Target can (and has) pull(ed) the whole, "We don't match our website." bullshit.

I pricematched this at the Perimeter Best Buy in Atlanta, GA. After 7% tax it was $181.89. I brought in a printout of the Target webpage, showed it to the cashier, and voila.

Thanks, OP. Awesome deal.

I bought the system at full price from target then went back later with the printout and had it pricematched. The fact that its "In store only" will work in your favor. Do not let them tell you otherwise.

Frys in Santa Clara were complete asses about it and after half hour I just left in frustration because they couldn't figure out what to do. Trying target Sunday when they say they will have them.

target, and best buy here wont sell them yet because its in the add. got mine at eb this afternoon and am enjoying it alreay. couldn't price match but its o.k. since i was planning on spending it anyway. So where's some good site to get the umd movies cheap? I still need to get the video out cable.

Damn. Still not available in the KC area. I'll have to check again on Sunday after the ads hit. I'm going for a PM at BB so I can use my rewards card.

[quote name='rscaramelo']I'm tempted to try this but I have a practically mint original PSP that I'm happy with. What's the most I could get for it?

RC[/quote]

i think trade in is like $60, but there is a $20 extra trade in credit email coupon from ebgames this week.

Interesting... It's showing up as "available" at all of the stores in my area now. Must be the stock showing up for the Sunday ad.

[quote name='Chitown021']Interesting... It's showing up as "available" at all of the stores in my area now. Must be the stock showing up for the Sunday ad.[/quote]

Or is it... MUST CALL AND CHECK! Doubt it, I went today, no-go.

I called two today and they both said Sunday. I would bet real cash that they have them and they are simply waiting on them for the ad. I am going to try to force them to honor the web price, but who knows...

[quote name='Rincewind']I called two today and they both said Sunday. I would bet real cash that they have them and they are simply waiting on them for the ad. I am going to try to force them to honor the web price, but who knows...[/quote]

They do have them in stock, funny.. I went to one today and I was like "Pstt, do you have any PSP Slims in stock in the back? >_>" and then they said "Sorry man, we don't have them.. You are probably going to have to wait 1-2 weeks." "Oh, alright thanks.." ... I went to Bestbuy like few blocks away... and ask same question and the guy said .. "Oh yeah we have them in stock but we aren't allowed to sell them until Sunday, Target has them too but probably also aren't allowed to sell them." Stupid Target >_>

Well I went to the Redmond Target this evening to get the PSP slim Daxter bundle and they would not price match there own website! The Store Manager Loran was a complete and udder ARSH HOLE!!! The guy said that the item PSP slim Daxter bundle is not the PSP slim Daxter bundle that in the print out. He also went as far to say that I could of made up that print out. STAY AWAY FAR FAR AWAY from this store and maybe all Targets for hiring this type of store managers!

[quote name='Rincewind']Frys in Santa Clara were complete asses about it and after half hour I just left in frustration because they couldn't figure out what to do. Trying target Sunday when they say they will have them.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Tried at Best Buy in Mountain View and the lead goon said "don't have them" (lies) while another person said "Yeah, but I can't sell them."

Oh well, I'll try Circuit City with a PM next.

Ok here's the lowdown on the situation.

I went to both BB and Target today and asked them about the bundle.

I got a surprisingly honest answer out of Best Buy, here's the paraphrase:

I asked the employee if the bundle was in, and he said it's released next week. I then showed him the Target Ad and stated that some people online have already bought them. So then he goes and asks the manager, and comes back with the following response: "We do have them in stock, but we're not allowed to sell them until Sunday (in the ad). We are required to have a certain # of them in stock, and so we can't sell any early." He also noted that it's pretty much true for all BB stores in the region.

On the other hand... the dumbass employee at Target just plain told me "Nope" when I asked if they had any in stock. His co-worker then added "doesn't it come out next week?" and the response by the original employee was another swift "No!" fuck Target imo, he's obviously lying.

Grr I want the damn thing to be PM'ed.

Waiting for Sunday...

I picked up the bundle this afternoon at WM in the Salt Lake City UT area, I went to my local Target first and the manager would not budge on the PM basically saying that the website "screws us up all the time". The funny part, was that their Sony rep was onsite when I asked them about the deal and showed them the printout. In the end, I went down the street to Wal Mart, and they took care of me, no questions asked.

I just went back from Circuitcity,Target, Walmart and they have a lof of PSP Slim Daxter Bundle in stock. I tried to get one at CC but the stupid employee didn't give me a free Gamers Saving Club membership so I gave up and left the store.
Egg Harbor TWP,NJ 08234

[quote name='zakk']Ditto. Tried at Best Buy in Mountain View and the lead goon said "don't have them" (lies) while another person said "Yeah, but I can't sell them."

Oh well, I'll try Circuit City with a PM next.[/QUOTE]

Please LMK Zakk.

came away w/ 2 psp slim bundles at target at 169.99 each! the employee was reluctant to give me the website price at first but the manager quickly ok'd it! thanx op!!!

I found the PSP component cables at Fry's in Burbank today, was their around 8pm they had 2 left. I bought some just in case I wasn't able to find any when I get my PSP on 9/20.

I got mine yesterday from CC. I am really liking it. I can't beleive how much faster the web browser is compared to my old PSP.

If anyone is in the SW Virginia area looking for one, the Dublin, VA Wal-Mart had several but wouldn't PM the Target print-out. The Radford, VA Wal-Mart PMed it for me. I didn't have to try at the Christiansburg, VA Wal-Mart. Good luck.

For those that have gotten this, how's the D-Pad? (especially for fighting games) I'm interested in getting a slim PSP for the better design (my hands cramp sometimes when I play PSP games) video out and better load times. However, I'm kinda attached to my current ceramic white PSP and I also had the D-Pad modded so I Could hit diagonal motions in fighting and other games. I kinda scoff at the fact they redesigned but I did the same thing when I bought my DS Lite and now I can't fathom playing on the regular DS ever again :)

The D-pad is much, much better. Not to go too off topic here but I fired up SFA3 Max and was pulling off supers and 2 in 1s with no problems. It'll never be as good as using a proper joystick or the Sega Saturn pad but it's remarkably better than the old PSP D-pad.

This is your conscience speaking...now that the price has been fixed on the website, is it ethical to still try to get it at the cheaper price?

bread's done
Back