inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

Just finished the game being Good on hard, going to work on trophies before I start my evil game.

I can't say I predicted the ending, I was expecting Kessler to be Cole's father...so I was sort of close I guess :p I should've known when Sasha was calling Cole Kessler!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Towards the end of Warren...

You and Zeke go the Dustmen Tower. There will be a couple of opportunities for you to fight multiple opponents here. Just keep trying to get three of them close together and then use the power. If you don't get it, just jump off the tower and keep trying.
[/QUOTE]

If this is the mission i'm thinking about, i kept trying to do it but couldn't, and one time i ended up beating the mission because the cops kill the rest of them :bomb:.

I got Have A Nice Fall after beating the game, but I found a relatively easy spot to get the stunt. Just southeast of Zeke's place is the red cylindrical tower where you find the first Dead Drop. There are 3 reapers that spawn on top of here and it's pretty easy to get all three in one shockwave.

How long do you have to grind the railroad tracks to get the "Hotfoot" trophy? I know it says "25 kilometers" but that doesn't really mean anything in the game.

I did the last mission tonight and I still don't have that freakin' trophy. I road the rails around each island searching for missing shards and I still haven't traveled enough the get the trophy for it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I played for a bit tonight and got the trophy about 10 seconds after I hopped on the railroad tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmachine']I'm having trouble with that one, too...I always seem to encounter 2 dudes on a rooftop instead of 3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='disillusion386']I found another opportunity for the Have a Nice Fall stunt while playing the evil side.

When you do the evil karma side mission in the Warren where you follow a bunch of reaper conduits to attack some Dustmen, it leads to a rooftop with a ton of enemies. The respawn point is perfect too because it's very near the start of the battle. I pulled a Thunderdrop on a bunch of them and while they were down I targeted three with the Shockwave. Took me a couple (read: a lot) of tries because of the hard difficulty, but I think you should be able to pull it off in one or two tries on normal or easy.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='the_punisher']I can't get the Have a Nice Fall stunt, any hints? I'm already 100% done with Neon, 50% on Warren.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Whambamm']I got Have A Nice Fall after beating the game, but I found a relatively easy spot to get the stunt. Just southeast of Zeke's place is the red cylindrical tower where you find the first Dead Drop. There are 3 reapers that spawn on top of here and it's pretty easy to get all three in one shockwave.[/QUOTE]

Also, take a look here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225787

The other very easy possibility is in Warren:
On the leftmost side of the huge cranes in Warren (bottom left of island where the 2 peninsulas stick out) and crane closest to land if you climb up to the control level there are like 5 dustmen standing there that you can easily blow off the edge of the crane

I got have a nice fall on some random side mission that spawned a bunch of enemies on a roof.

I think it was a black tar side mission.

I'm in a pretty odd situation with my trophies, haha. They weren't working up until I was about 75% of the way done with the game, then I fixed my trophies. So I have to get the ones I past again. For instance, I have the beat the game trophy, but only 2 of the karma decision trophies in the main storyline.

I also have the collect 50% of the shards, but not the 25% of the shards trophy :p

I started again as a bad guy and not being able to skip cut scenes is making me not want to play through again.....I dont feel the story will be that much different after making a few evil choices and the game is still on the same path as if you were doing everything good. Only diff that I can see is my shit is all red instead of blue and
I will end up being what Kessler was trying to stop
... i dont think that's enough for me to play through it again

Yeah, that's killing me too Malik. Well, that, and the fact that Uncharted 2 beta is live, glorious, and addicting.

just watched the bad ending on youtube and it doesnt seem to change the story at all. Just different shit after the credits. I think I am done with this game....

Did i screw myself out of getting all of the blast shards? On one of the side missions I was given the good/evil choice of either rescuing the woman's brother from the Reapers, or just stealing the Blast Shards. I saved the brother.

[quote name='diddy310']Did i screw myself out of getting all of the blast shards? On one of the side missions I was given the good/evil choice of either rescuing the woman's brother from the Reapers, or just stealing the Blast Shards. I saved the brother.[/QUOTE]
Side mission shards don't count towards the 350.

Now I'm having trouble finding a good spot to pull off the "Unquenchable Thirst" grind-four-rails stunt. I'll check out your thread, Woodcan...good idea.

Only need to find 6 more blast shards for that trophy, too!

[quote name='diddy310']Did i screw myself out of getting all of the blast shards? On one of the side missions I was given the good/evil choice of either rescuing the woman's brother from the Reapers, or just stealing the Blast Shards. I saved the brother.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere (this thread, maybe?) that the missions where you get blast shards from the NPC's don't affect your total "found count" in the game.

[quote name='bmachine']Now I'm having trouble finding a good spot to pull off the "Unquenchable Thirst" grind-four-rails stunt. I'll check out your thread, Woodcan...good idea.

Only need to find 6 more blast shards for that trophy, too!

I read somewhere (this thread, maybe?) that the missions where you get blast shards from the NPC's don't affect your total "found count" in the game.[/QUOTE]

Use the train tracks. That's actually one of the easier ones to pull off. Even easier is when you have the hover ability unlocked.

Finished my evil, hard run last night. Now I have all the trophies except the stunts one (and the all evil power upgrades, but that's easy enough)

All stunts complete! Thanks to those who provided suggestions on getting them done.

Now I'm just trying to finish the "Get Off My Cloud" trophy and find the last 4 blast shards.

Just started playing for about an hour last night, liking it so far. I tried playing it more like a conservative shooter with my lightning but I realized that I could just spam it while jumping/running to be more effective.

Also, when I first booted it up, I saw that it was installing and assumed I had to wait ~10 minutes, but I got a drink and came back and it was ready to go. I thought my install fucked up, but I saw that Sucker Punch wanted to get people into the action ASAP.

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2009/01/13/ces-09-infamous-installation-is-later-in-the-game/

Yeah the quick install was definitely a plus. A quick piss and bam, I'm playing the game. Really irks me about not skipping cutscenes on a new playthrough, though. Anywho, between this and the Uncharted 2 beta, my PS3 is finally getting some decent play. I'm also trying to get back into MGO again...

[quote name='bmachine']I read somewhere (this thread, maybe?) that the missions where you get blast shards from the NPC's don't affect your total "found count" in the game.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s
Like... Post 560 in this thread... the one right before yours?
:lol:;)

Any tricks to getting the trophy while riding on the train? Hard to aim + playing on hard makes it hard to take anyone down.

[quote name='pete5883']Any tricks to getting the trophy while riding on the train? Hard to aim + playing on hard makes it hard to take anyone down.[/QUOTE]
Grenades.

[quote name='pete5883']Any tricks to getting the trophy while riding on the train? Hard to aim + playing on hard makes it hard to take anyone down.[/QUOTE]
It's real easy during the missions where you have to fix the trains. Just ride it, kill some enemies, kill yourself, kill the same enemies, kill yourself, etc, etc. :lol:

Interesting little glitch I found while looking for shards...
If you go to the end of that big dock on the far right side of the last island and try to jump on the, what looks like beams in the water on either side to get around the "barricade" of fence to try to climb the structure at the end, you'll fall through the world. :lol:

I fell through the world two or three times during my first playthrough. Luckily, I was able to get out each time by spam jumping.

Has anyone else experienced the bug on Mission 10 (Nemesis Revealed) that makes it impossible to destroy the water kegs with shockwave? Im trying to play through my 1st run with all good karma, but this mission forces me to choose the bad karma option of overloading the towers. I have tried blowing the damn things up with shockwave for about an hour straight with no luck! Am I doing something wrong!?!? Its really pissing me off!

[quote name='brewin']Has anyone else experienced the bug on Mission 10 (Nemesis Revealed) that makes it impossible to destroy the water kegs with shockwave? Im trying to play through my 1st run with all good karma, but this mission forces me to choose the bad karma option of overloading the towers. I have tried blowing the damn things up with shockwave for about an hour straight with no luck! Am I doing something wrong!?!? Its really pissing me off![/QUOTE]

Are you getting right in front of the kegs?

Either way, don't stress you'll have a chance to make up the karma anyway.

[quote name='mguiddy']:whistle2:s
Like... Post 560 in this thread... the one right before yours?
:lol:;)[/QUOTE]

See, I knew I had read that somewhere. :razz:

[quote name='Sarrasis']I don't think this has been posted here yet. It may help for tracking down shards.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=v7ujbn&s=5[/QUOTE]

Excellent...I'm having a bitch of a time finding the last 2 shards. Thanks!

[quote name='brewin']Has anyone else experienced the bug on Mission 10 (Nemesis Revealed) that makes it impossible to destroy the water kegs with shockwave? [/QUOTE]

The only way to hit 'em with shockwave is to stand on top of the tower directly in front of the tar pump.

Am I the only one who think playing a "good" game is fun? I started an evil play through and as much fun as it is causing massive amounts of damage I find myself missing the powers you go from Positive karma... especially the upgrades for the lightning bolt and megaton hammer.

I'll let you know in about a week, Chibi. I've started my good playthrough, but the Uncharted 2 beta keeps pulling me away, so I haven't put much time into it. Plus, I still have a few shards to find on my evil playthrough, and it's proving to be a bitch.

I feel like the luckiest man alive for finding my final shard while doing one of the side missions. Thank god I don't have to slog around looking for it.

Can someone explain something to me? In the top left corner, you have your Karma or whatever it is. It's got 6 sections (3 top for good, 3 bottom for bad) and also an arrow pointing somewhere on that circle. What's the arrow mean? Is that your heroness? Or is that when you fill up each bar of blue? If the arrow points to your karma for where your next rank is, then what do you do with all the filled up power in the 3 sections?

The arrow points to your current general karma level, thug/hero/outlaw/infamous/etc though NOT the exact karma level.

[quote name='mguiddy']The arrow points to your current general karma level, thug/hero/outlaw/infamous/etc though NOT the exact karma level.[/QUOTE]

Ok. And what's the other sections do?

[quote name='Sarrasis']The arrow points to how close you are to reaching the next level of karma. Once it fills up, your title will change.[/QUOTE]

What do the other 3 sections of color do? They fill up when you do good things, I'm currently full. Is it another way to meature karma or do you use that as a power at some point?

If the arrow points to your rank, what's these 3 sections do? Just tell you how close you are to your next rank? Or something else? They don't seem to match up with the arrow and junk
23kpv2r.jpg

The arrow indicates your karmic rank, think of the bars themselves as experience meters. The more karma you get, the more they fill up (or empty if you do bad things). Once the bar fills up, you move to the next karmic rank.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The arrow indicates your karmic rank, think of the bars themselves as experience meters. The more karma you get, the more they fill up (or empty if you do bad things). Once the bar fills up, you move to the next karmic rank.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought but wasn't too sure. Thanks for the help!

Finished the whole city with my good character, 261 shards and all stunts/dead drops done. I'm still missing the Casey Jones trophy as far as ones I can get without starting over. I do not recommend trying to ride on the train outside of the missions where you are powering them, the violent camera shaking will cause motion sickness (and i've never gotten motion sick from a game before)

In my opinion, getting all 350 shards should be worth a platinum in-and-of itself. Most tedious task I would ever even consider.

Game is enjoyable otherwise though.

Do you ever get to jump higher? And do the explosions get much bigger? I am playing the demo currently and its disappointing that you really cant jump that high. I heard so many comparisons to crackdown that I was hoping this game would really make me feel like a super human again but so far I really dont feel that way....feel more like im playing GTA since the shooting is similar and not overally impressive and the closest you have to a cool jump is the glide....which just feels like a hover pack not some kind of cool power since you fall so fast.

[quote name='diddy310']Finished the whole city with my good character, 261 shards and all stunts/dead drops done. I'm still missing the Casey Jones trophy as far as ones I can get without starting over. I do not recommend trying to ride on the train outside of the missions where you are powering them, the violent camera shaking will cause motion sickness (and i've never gotten motion sick from a game before)[/QUOTE]
I actually got that one after finishing the game. There was a area by the tracks in the Historic district where guys would always spawn on the rooftops. So I just keep going back and forth on the trains sniping 1 or 2 guys on each pass.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Do you ever get to jump higher? And do the explosions get much bigger?[/QUOTE]
Nope, you never get to jump any higher.

I think ill still enjoy the game. Its just hard to enjoy these types of games after crackdown nearly as much if I cant jump really high or have some way to move very very fast. I just feel like im playing most open world games at a snails pace if its not on par.

Got the plat tonight!

This is a game that is totally worth playing twice. The story and action are really top notch. inFamous 2 is going to be EPIC!

I find that I'm really not enjoying playing the game as a bad guy(There are a few evil side-missions that are pretty cool). The powers just don't seem that fun to me. I find myself missing the guided Megaton Hammer and zapping punks with my lightning blot to get energy back.

[quote name='Ecofreak']In my opinion, getting all 350 shards should be worth a platinum in-and-of itself. Most tedious task I would ever even consider.

Game is enjoyable otherwise though.[/QUOTE]

This is fun after finding all 1001 light seeds in Prince of Persia

bread's done
Back