iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
If nobody has posted this already, they just added another free two-song DLC pack on the Rock Band music store. It is "Blood Doll" and "Get Clean" by Anarchy Club. I'm really glad they are supporting this game with free downloads of lesser known bands as well as paid downloads of the mainstream known bands. Awesome.

Download complete. Going to play those downloads right now.

Got this email a little while ago-
I can't vouch for the quality but the price is right:
http://www.sonypictures.com/spotlight/movies/planet51/iphone/index_online.html
planet51.jpg

[quote name='Malik112099']Rally Master Pro 3D is pretty fun. Reminds me of Colin McRae[/QUOTE]

Yes, if it was about $5 cheaper, Id' bite as well. iPod deals have spoiled me too much.

firemint's real racing GTI (Free) version is pretty awesome. Very impressed by the game. Too cheap to buy the full version though. A little deep for an iphone game, for my tastes.

[quote name='DtotheP']@outphase yes and complain to no end about firmware updates not being free for iPod touch etc etc[/QUOTE]
Ah right. I forgot about that :cool:

[quote name='Malik112099']Pandorum is actually really good. Probably the best 3rd person shooter controls ive used in an iphone game[/QUOTE]
Is it Terminator: S style?

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvOyAm1y-c

Interesting, a single virtual analog with a slider. It looks unimpressive, but damn- I can't help but think that they could make a decent condemned game with that layout.

i really recommend liar's. It's a form of Liar's dice or Pirate dice and it's free. It's online only. It needs a bigger online community. It just came out in august.

I know it isn't a game and has been mentioned before but, Air Mouse could be the best .99 I've ever spent.

I was seriously considering buying a logitech denovo mini for $125 to have a decent, compact and wireless keyboard/mouse combo for my HTPC. This app makes the iPhone better than the denovo for the unreal price of $1. I still can't get over how well the app works. If you have a HTPC don't even hesitate on this purchase.

yes, love air mouse, for some reason can't get it to work on my work laptop however. probably some security thing (even though I think I have admin writes that I shouldn't have). sucks. works great on my home pc, but really wanted it for working at home on my laptop

Can't believe Robocalypse dropped that quickly. It's been getting great reviews. Giving the lite version a whirl now. Now only if Dungeon Hunter or 2XL ATV Offroad (the two I want but refuse to pay what they're asking) would go on sale. Hey, Derek Jeter is onsale and it's Gameloft, but I guess that wasn't doing as well as DH.

[quote name='Sinksand']Robocalypse is currently on sale for 99 cents.

http://appshopper.com/games/robocalypse-mobile-mayhem[/QUOTE]Bought it for $2 and haven't even played it. It's this kind of thing that makes me rarely pay more than $0.99 for an app. :) It's definitely worth a $1 for anybody based on the demo I did play. Probably one of the highest quality games on the App Store.

That baseball game looks really good, did it really just come out a couple weeks ago, and what's it's usual price? I'm checking for reviews, but it's worth a $1 just for the MLB license to me.

EDIT- Usually is $4.99.

Some Reviews:

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/derek-jeter-real-baseball-review

http://www.operationsports.com/review.php?id=509

No actual MLB teams or players, so forget it.

Anyone know how the iPhone version of Robocalypse compares to the DS version? If you already have the DS version (I do) is it worth getting the iPhone version as well for any reason? That's a great price, but I'm not really sure I need to own the game twice.

Just bought Robocalypse for 99 cents. Couldn't pass that up. Will give it a play later today.

I'd also love to see a drop on 2XL ATV Offroad, but their previous game has never dropped in price, so I'm doubtful. They seem to be sticking to their guns on pricing.

The last Lava Stage in Hook Champ is fucking IMPOSSIBLE! I hate it with all my heart but cannot stop trying...

Also, drums on hard on Rock Band is fun as hell

[quote name='Malik112099']The last Lava Stage in Hook Champ is fucking IMPOSSIBLE! I hate it with all my heart but cannot stop trying...

Also, drums on hard on Rock Band is fun as hell[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm stuck there too. Haven't given up yet though just need more upgrades I suppose. Furthest i did get was 59% though :bomb:

I hate games that require you to "upgrade" in order to beat a level. That's what lost me in Hook Champ. I stopped playing after (as a result of) the 3rd frog level. I should be able to complete any level with skill alone. The levels should get harder, yes, but they shouldn't get impossible short of upgrades. Actually that kind of design can work fine if it's balanced well, but you should never run into a place where you literally can not finish a level without going back and replaying previous levels over and over in order to "level up". That's just bad, and frustrating, design.

Zenonia is on sale for $2.99 (50% off)

Haven't played it, but it looks like a decent RPG and fairly popular since it's loaded on the demo iphones at the Apple Store.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've played the first three levels of Robocalypse and it is definitely worth a download. 99 cents is a steal![/QUOTE]

Agreed. Only played training and part of first level...will take some getting used to, but definately a quality game for the price.

[quote name='etcrane']Zenonia is on sale for $2.99 (50% off)

Haven't played it, but it looks like a decent RPG and fairly popular since it's loaded on the demo iphones at the Apple Store.[/QUOTE]

I bought it on a whim (at full price, dammit) one day when I had to sit around bored for a few hours and wanted something to pass the time. It's ok, but not great. I normally like RPGs, and had high hopes for it, but I wasn't able to really get into it. Still, for $2.99, it might be worth a shot.

Super KO Boxing 2 and Hybrid Eternal Whisper have both dropped demo versions. Saved me the money of having to by Hybrid by confirming I don't like it.

Tap Fu was a waste of money.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Super KO Boxing 2 and Hybrid Eternal Whisper have both dropped demo versions. Saved me the money of having to by Hybrid by confirming I don't like it.

Tap Fu was a waste of money.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Hybrid. I think I would buy it for 99 cents, but not any more than that.

Also, just recently started playing iDropDead. It kept me busy late into the night, making me miss about an hour of sleep. Really good time waster.

Haunted 3D Rollercoaster Rush dropped to it's inevitable $.99 price point for Halloween. Hopefully this weekend brings lots of price drops on horror related apps.

I would highly recommend every1 stay away from the incredibly overrated "skee ball" app. Even for .99 I felt it quite lacking in content and was frankly quite boring.

[quote name='ccohen322']I would highly recommend every1 stay away from the incredibly overrated "skee ball" app. Even for .99 I felt it quite lacking in content and was frankly quite boring.[/QUOTE]

Agree completely. Even at 99 cents this was a waste of money. I feel like a fool for having bought it. Oh well.

EDIT: Also picked up Haunted 3D Rollercoaster Rush for 99 cents. That's a good price for it. Fun game, at least once you get past the first 3 or 4 levels which are too easy.

Scarecrow, Shipwreck and Heavy Crossbow are all also now free today. Also picked up the "Halloween" edition of Crazy Snowboard, on sale for $.99 (advertised in Scarecrow and looked like it would be a fun iPod app with the motion control).

Oh and Octopus Balls for free (stupid name, but I'm a sucker for a lot of these marble type games). And I did also pick up 3D Haunted Rolllercoaster, which I enjoyed the demo of.

Anyway, haven't played any of the others yet. Well, $1.99 out of pocket for 5 games. At least I know one is gonna be good (and Snowboard did get good ratings).

[quote name='crunchewy']Agree completely. Even at 99 cents this was a waste of money. I feel like a fool for having bought it. Oh well.

EDIT: Also picked up Haunted 3D Rollercoaster Rush for 99 cents. That's a good price for it. Fun game, at least once you get past the first 3 or 4 levels which are too easy.[/QUOTE]
Good to know, I was almost sucked into it last night and thought I would see if anyone said anything about it on here. CAG saves me a buck again!

[quote name='Lukami']Wait till you play the level after the lava stage lol. The last lava stage is a piece of cake now :p[/QUOTE]

I'm stuck on the very last level. I'll avoid spoilers, but it's not the Bull run. B-R-U-T-A-L. The new update coming in a couple of weeks has "hot pants" which should give you 1 extra shot at completing the lava stages.

http://www.rocketcat-games.com/blog/

To follow up on my last post, still haven't played some of the freebies, but the Halloween edition of the Crazy Snowboard game (it's the full game just with new Halloween levels added) is definately worth the $.99 (think it's usuallly $2.99).

[quote name='MC Hampster']Rock Band is on sale for $6.99 for the Halloween weekend.[/QUOTE]

Not bad. But still don't think I can bite. TapTap is okay enough for me on the iPod. Rock Band still is and always will be a console experience for me.

[quote name='awp']Not bad. But still don't think I can bite. TapTap is okay enough for me on the iPod. Rock Band still is and always will be a console experience for me.[/QUOTE]

Have you even tried it on the iphone/ipod?

[quote name='MC Hampster']Rock Band is on sale for $6.99 for the Halloween weekend.[/QUOTE]Of course. I buy the game within hours after it is released and everybody else can get it at a discount, lol.

The game is/was worth that $9.99 though and is definitely worth the $6.99 sale price. I've already played it a ton. I've probably played 10-hours total of gameplay since it was released (basically the only thing I have played in a while, handheld or console). So much better than Tap Tap, IMO.

I wonder if any of the DLC is on sale or if they have any additional free packs to go along with the 4 free songs already up on their music store. -Edit- Nope. At least nothing new or on sale added to the store yet.

[quote name='Malik112099']Have you even tried it on the iphone/ipod?[/QUOTE]

No, I haven't and not saying that there aren't people that wouldn't enjoy it. I just like at least using my fake little guitars and drums on my 360. I'm sure the iPhone version is fun, just not worth it to me. For others, however, they may love it. What I'm really trying to say is just that games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band don't really make me feel like I'm in a band playing when it's just on a phone. That's not to say that it isn't a good game.

At this point I don't think anyone should be surprised when a game goes on sale within weeks or even days after release. It seems to be pretty standard practice at this point. :)

undead attack! pinball is on sale for 99¢ instead of the usual $2.99 for a limited time.

Also big buck hunter pro just came out for $2.99, it's not on sale but i know alot of folks have been waiting for it's release. well worth 3 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back