Iron Man 3: 5.2.13

[quote name='bardockkun']Osborn! OSBORN! And what's this got to even do with Iron Man? Hell, what's it even got to do with this film company since 20th Century Fox/ Sony own the rights to Spider-man characters and villains?

Sorry, pet peeve...[/QUOTE]

Because I would have rather seen the Dark Avengers develop into something than what they are doing now.

[quote name='skiizim']Because I would have rather seen the Dark Avengers develop into something than what they are doing now.[/QUOTE]
Until 20th Century Fox loses the rights to Spider-man, X-Men and Fantastic Four, you won't be seeing any of those characters and villains in the Avengers films. Plus they already cast Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in the next Spider-man movie. I Think it'd make more sense to have at least a Thunderbolts movie (group of villains forced to do work for the government that then have to stand against the Avengers in the 3rd film or whatever) before they even establish the Dark Avengers.

[quote name='DNukem170']Considering the Hulk himself works for Stark, he shouldn't need the Hulkbuster suit. Then again, if Stark did unleash Banner, the movie would be over in 10 minutes.

Also, glad to see that Happy will have a decent role even though Favereau isn't directing.[/QUOTE]

I still can't accept the hulk 100% under control. Tony knows this so that's why he built the Hulk Buster to take on the beast. He has a suit for almost every situation.

God damn that must take forever to render all those suits.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Is that supposed to be War Machine in red, white & blue or Iron Patriot shown early on in the trailer?[/QUOTE]
It's just War Machine with basically the Iron Patriot colors since he just works for the government now.

So I tried buying tickets for the 9pm IMAX showing today only to find out my local AMC theater has halted sales for that showing. People have already bought tickets and I can buy tickets online via fandango but the manager refuses to sell advance tickets...WTF?!??!?

[quote name='bardockkun']Until 20th Century Fox loses the rights to Spider-man, X-Men and Fantastic Four, you won't be seeing any of those characters and villains in the Avengers films. Plus they already cast Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in the next Spider-man movie. I Think it'd make more sense to have at least a Thunderbolts movie (group of villains forced to do work for the government that then have to stand against the Avengers in the 3rd film or whatever) before they even establish the Dark Avengers.[/QUOTE]

Lil late for a reaponse, but Fox may be smart to incorporate characters in an Avengers movie. I feel it would garner more interest in the Fox films as a good advertising boost.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Lil late for a reaponse, but Fox may be smart to incorporate characters in an Avengers movie. I feel it would garner more interest in the Fox films as a good advertising boost.[/QUOTE]
But let's be honest, Disney doesn't need them and Fox doesn't need them. Both have their respectable movie franchises and they garner them enough money that it's not necessary. Plus Disney doesn't need to help advertise another film company or bring out lawyers for this, since they've got enough cash from just Avengers itself and have everything planned out that by the time (if ever) it loses steam they'll have the film rights to those characters again.

Besides, Disney is probably paying Paramount enough money for a vanity plate that they don't want a 3rd company involved.

[quote name='DNukem170']Meh, I prefer seeing movies on weekdays anyway. Cheaper tickets and not as many people.[/QUOTE]

No joke. There's a place 5 minutes away from me and Tuesdays are $7 a ticket all day.

[quote name='dohdough']No joke. There's a place 5 minutes away from me and Tuesdays are $7 a ticket all day.[/QUOTE]

Theater I usually go to has tickets for $6.25 if you buy the first showing of the day.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I fucking suspected this was the reason why I couldn't buy tickets the other day.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/iro...yet-at-theater-chains-in-dispute-with-disney/

Oh well I give up... I went ahead and bought tickets at another theater closer to home. If this type of shit continues, you might see an even more increase in ticket prices when star wars comes out :([/QUOTE]
What a joke if Disney is trying to squeeze more money out of theaters. It's Disney that's posting billion dollar annual profits, not the theaters... Disgusting

Honestly, how the fuck are theaters keeping themselves in business? I seriously doubt they can keep afloat by charging 6 bucks for a small drink (what we would normally pay 1.85 in a store). With digital distribution, honestly theaters may begin to close down in the next several years if this continues.

[quote name='DNukem170']Theater I usually go to has tickets for $6.25 if you buy the first showing of the day.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...now THAT is a deal! I haven't seen prices like that for maybe 10 years around here!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Honestly, how the fuck are theaters keeping themselves in business? I seriously doubt they can keep afloat by charging 6 bucks for a small drink (what we would normally pay 1.85 in a store). With digital distribution, honestly theaters may begin to close down in the next several years if this continues.[/QUOTE]

Most theaters are struggling which is why I think its so gross that Disney is trying to strongarm them into higher ticket prices by leveraging what will likely be the highest grossing movie of the year. Sad to see how quickly a company loses any sense of humility once they're back on top...

[quote name='ITDEFX']Honestly, how the fuck are theaters keeping themselves in business? I seriously doubt they can keep afloat by charging 6 bucks for a small drink (what we would normally pay 1.85 in a store). With digital distribution, honestly theaters may begin to close down in the next several years if this continues.[/QUOTE]

Part of it is the 3D movies, part of it is summer blockbusters still making money after a few weeks.

Also, the theater I go to is partnered with Fathom Events, so they show a lot of plays and Broadway acts and re-airings of old movies and TV shows.

SO I guess Disney and the chain theaters (AMC, Regal, ect) came to an agreement now the bastards are showing the movie after all. You know what? fuck that. Already bought my tickets at a good theater (Rave) which is closer to home. Not IMAX though.

Well I'm happy they finally got all that taken care of as 90% of the theaters around me are either AMC or Regal. At least the good ones anyway. Got my Iron Man Marathon ticket a few minutes ago.

[quote name='DNukem170']Theater I usually go to has tickets for $6.25 if you buy the first showing of the day.[/QUOTE]

$6.75 is the normal matinee price here.

A place does $5.75 all day Tuesday here and there's a $2 theater that shows movies about a month after they come out.

[quote name='whoknows']$6.75 is the normal matinee price here.

A place does $5.75 all day Tuesday here and there's a $2 theater that shows movies about a month after they come out.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking how the hell do those 2 dollar theaters stay in business..but then again I could see them selling a small popcorn and small drink for 20 dollars to make up the difference.

Concession prices are about the same as at any other theater.

People are just probably more willing to buy popcorn for $7 if they're spending $2 on a movie than they are if they're spending $7+ on the movie.

I saw the movie in London on Saturday and I didn't like it. It was certainly better than Iron Man 2, but I thought it was well below Iron Man 1 and The Avengers.

Just ran across this thread and zoomed through all 7 pages. I prefer trailers in movie theaters, since I haven't seen a film in a theater for a while and always skip commercials with my Tivo (and hate spoilers), finally saw one of the "good" trailers for IM3. I'm a big fan of the Marvel film universe, but I don't like how just anybody can hop into a suit and control it (after it showed all the learning Stark had to do to master it).

So, after Stark's lerning curve, first Obadiah Stane, then Rhodey, Vanko (to an extent) and I think someone else hop in to quickly master controls and be a force to be reckoned with for Stark (who designed them). Total noobs can hop in and Stark can't school them? And apparently
Pepper hops into one as well? WTF
. Having villians steal and master Stark's ultimate weapon is getting old for every IM movie, so I'm hoping this one doesn't suspend my disbelief as much as IM2. That was a total car wreck (pun intended).

Well, once Stark programmed the data, the computer handled everything else. He had to if he was planning on giving Rhodey one eventually.

And Vanko is not only just as tech smart as Tony, but a much better fighter.

And I liked Iron Man 2...

[quote name='whoknows']The Avengers turned out to be one of the best advertising moves ever.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...although I am NOT interested in the Guardians movie.

Grantland has an early review of the movie. Basically, more of the same with some nice character beats. Though Morris is notoriously more analytical than most reviewers.

Saw this the other night. Without spoiling anything good movie but bad as an iron man movie, especially if you read

Sitting in the local AMC waiting for the marathon to start. Room is noticeably less packed than for avengers. Is because that one had the avengers and all the separate characters or did the Disney/Theatre ticket revenue spat lead to the smaller numbers. Who knows.

If anyone goes to a showing that has the special 3d glasses, iron man ones are same as for avengers and two of the other three others match that style but different colors. The tony stark ones have a different build and look to be better for field of view.

[quote name='JP']Sitting in the local AMC waiting for the marathon to start. Room is noticeably less packed than for avengers. Is because that one had the avengers and all the separate characters or did the Disney/Theatre ticket revenue spat lead to the smaller numbers. Who knows.

If anyone goes to a showing that has the special 3d glasses, iron man ones are same as for avengers and two of the other three others match that style but different colors. The tony stark ones have a different build and look to be better for field of view.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. The marathon was set up before AMC got mad at Disney.

Going tot he 9:30 showing tonight at my local Regal. Reviews seem mixed, but so long as this has RDJ being a badass, i can't complain :)

Who in their right mind brings an 8-10 month old baby to a marathon of movies that are full of loud noises and explosions? That dude was ripped a new asshole by a lady in theater. It was awesome.

Update: movie was pretty good and a nice end cap to current iron man movie set.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP']Who in their right mind brings an 8-10 month old baby to a marathon of movies that are full of loud noises and explosions? That dude was ripped a new asshole by a lady in theater. It was awesome.

Update: movie was pretty good and a nice end cap to current iron man movie set.[/QUOTE]

Just saw it... it was so so.........
I still think the first one was better.

Too MANY ARMORS! :( How the hell am I going to collect all those figures?!?!?

As for the baby... So what happened JP to that daddy with the baby? My wife does some baby sitting on the side and makes a few hundred just for watching kids for a few hours. Not many people can afford babysitters these days so what do they do? Bring the baby them to save some $$$ and piss people off.

Heck there was this couple next to us where the chick had Turrets syndrome.

bread's done
Back