Iron Man - Movie Thread

I give a week or two before DC panics an announces the JL movie for a 2011 release, then claiming that they made the decision weeks ago.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I give a week or two before DC panics an announces the JL movie for a 2011 release, then claiming that they made the decision weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

legend_poster.jpg

They "hinted" at a Superman and Batman movie for 2010 in I am Legend

[quote name='ananag112']
legend_poster.jpg

They "hinted" at a Superman and Batman movie for 2010 in I am Legend[/quote]

yea I know that. But I doubt we will get a JL movie before the next superman movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea I know that. But I doubt we will get a JL movie before the next superman movie.[/quote]

We'd be way more likely to see a World's Finest long before a JL live action movie...now that both heroes are re-established, that rumor is constantly swirling. But who knows if Warner will finally get it out there...it would be so badass if they did though.

[quote name='Sulik2']Marvel just released their upcoming movie plans. Avengers in July 2011. Iron Man 2 in 2010. I am now really excited.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7165

News

Marvel Studios Sets Four More Release Dates!
Source: Marvel Entertainment
May 5, 2008

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and over $201 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)[/quote]

well, that kind of sets some members of the team, then. iron man, thor, captain america, hulk, and possibly ant-man. they mention spider-man 4, but unless they make a deal with sony, i doubt he'll be in the flick. this is actually kind of exciting, in that "i'm going to have to wait 3 years to see this all play out" kind of way.

[quote name='karkyco']We'd be way more likely to see a World's Finest long before a JL live action movie...now that both heroes are re-established, that rumor is constantly swirling. But who knows if Warner will finally get it out there...it would be so badass if they did though.[/quote]

world's finest rumors have been swirling since well before the batman and superman revamps. i think at one point the project was almost a go, with wolfgang petersen directing, but it seemed to fall apart as soon as batman begins became a reality. like you said, they've been re-established now, so it might actually come to fruition, but i'll believe it when it actually starts filming. i'd really look forward to it if it happened, but still.

does make me wonder how much Indy 4 is going to make at the end of the month.

Will it beat out Iron man's opening weekend take?

for anyone in this forum with fond memories of the movie, here's a warning:

don't sullen it by playing the 360 game. ick.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']for anyone in this forum with fond memories of the movie, here's a warning:

don't sullen it by playing the 360 game. ick.[/quote]

You bought/rented the game?!?!? #-o

wait for it to drop below 19.99.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']for anyone in this forum with fond memories of the movie, here's a warning:

don't sullen it by playing the 360 game. ick.[/QUOTE]

I struggle with this feeling everyday, how could something that seems so right, turn out so wrong. I then remember Iron Man is in Ultimate Alliance and it does not hurt as much.

[quote name='dwhelan']I struggle with this feeling everyday, how could something that seems so right, turn out so wrong. I then remember Iron Man is in Ultimate Alliance and it does not hurt as much.[/quote]

Yea the game definitely feels rushed out. I think it could have been decent if they spent another year or so on it. Haha. I don't know if it's because I was a QA tester or because Im a 3d Modeler or just because it's obvious, but I found so many bugs and you can tell the objects that got modeled over seas wherever they send it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea the game definitely feels rushed out. I think it could have been decent if they spent another year or so on it. Haha. I don't know if it's because I was a QA tester or because Im a 3d Modeler or just because it's obvious, but I found so many bugs and you can tell the objects that got modeled over seas wherever they send it.[/quote]

Oh damn. It's like that now? I should have known. I certainly got the 'unfinished game' vibe when I played the demo. It has potential though.

[quote name='ITDEFX']You bought/rented the game?!?!? #-o

wait for it to drop below 19.99.[/quote]

haha let me explain! it was a free rental, and i was on such a great vibe from the movie that i thought "surely this game can do no wrong!". the first couple levels were nice, but it got really repetitive after that.

i tell you, i wouldn't mind it half as much if i could tell what was shooting me half the time. it's usually these little drones or rocketpack soldiers that you can't barely see because they're about three pixels big. and the last boss
has 6 FREAKING life bars. he just grows a new one every time you kill him.

there are some cool unlocks, if you like old Iron Man suits. that's about it though.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']haha let me explain! it was a free rental, and i was on such a great vibe from the movie that i thought "surely this game can do no wrong!". the first couple levels were nice, but it got really repetitive after that.

i tell you, i wouldn't mind it half as much if i could tell what was shooting me half the time. it's usually these little drones or rocketpack soldiers that you can't barely see because they're about three pixels big. and the last boss
has 6 FREAKING life bars. he just grows a new one every time you kill him.

there are some cool unlocks, if you like old Iron Man suits. that's about it though.[/quote]

awe man talk about wasting a free rental :( but oh well.

I am gonna wait for Target to clear this out quick but unless I get a higher end machine soon, my computer will be too slow for it.

Great great movie. Saw it with my girlfriend, my dad, and my best friend Saturday and we left with big goofy grins on our faces. Definitely will see it again; definitely will pick it up on blu ray.

As for all the Marvel movie announcements, it's got me pretty excited. I've read somewhere that the Thor script is great, and an Avenger movie was always just a matter of time and money.

But I'm really looking forward to Cap's movie, as long as they make it right. It seems fairly obvious to me, but making Captain America's movie set in World War II, with the end having him frozen, only to have him be discovered and brought back in the Avenger's movie the next year, would be the best route to go. I sincerely hope they set Cap's story strictly in the past - it'd be pretty refreshing admist all the other superhero flicks, IMO.

[quote name='ananag112']I saw the movie last night. Pretty good. My favorite scene was
JIM CRAMER!!!
[/quote]

Not really a spoiler... Then again, if you read into it I would consider it an indirect spoiler. So I'll spoiler my response.

Cramer telling me to get rid of all my fake shares of Stark Industries was pretty good

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know where to get one of those Arc Reactor shirts? Only place I've found is eBay and they're over priced.

8407_1_b.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Damn I want one of those. :D

[quote name='InuFaye']You can make one with an iron on transfer Mr.Autobots.[/quote]

Ok...where do I get the iron on transfer of that image?

[quote name='InuFaye']I dunno I guess you can make one in photoshop.[/quote]

Right. I've never done this sort of thing, do you know of any sites that offer custom iron-ons?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ok...where do I get the iron on transfer of that image?[/quote]

[quote name='InuFaye']I dunno I guess you can make one in photoshop.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? The arc reactor symbol is EXTREMELY easy to make in Illustrator. Use some photoshop for the glow and bam, you got it!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Are you kidding me? The arc reactor symbol is EXTREMELY easy to make in Illustrator. Use some photoshop for the glow and bam, you got it![/quote]

I know how to make it, I did my avatar after all. I was wondering where to get the iron-on. I guess I could try cafepress as my last resort...I don't really like the quality of their shirts though.

You can buy iron on transfer paper, ObliviousPrime.;)

Just print out that image onto the paper, cut it out, then iron on a shirt.

[quote name='JolietJake']You can buy iron on transfer paper, ObliviousPrime.;)

Just print out that image onto the paper, cut it out, then iron on a shirt.[/quote]

Really? I'll have to look into that. I don't think I can get the glow though. It would just be flat.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Really? I'll have to look into that. I don't think I can get the glow though. It would just be flat.[/quote]

Check your PM from a few months ago when you were asking about iron on stuff and I told you about t-shirt.com or going to michael's or another craft store and getting the iron on material yourself.

It's a pain in the ass and there is a chance you will screw up the first time (since it's trial and error) and you might burn your fingers in the process :bouncy:

saw it last night, $24 for two tickets is robbery
But it was excellent, I'd rank all comic movies as x-men 2, iron man and then batman begins, everything else is fighting for scraps.

Can someone tell me what happened at the end after the credits? Does it have something to do with the new Hulk movie coming out later this year?

[quote name='Filbert']Samual L. Jackson shows up playing Nick Fury. At least that's what I saw on YouTube.[/QUOTE]

And tells him he's interested in having him join
the Avengers Initiative

This is now my favorite comic-book-adapted-into-a-movie movie. A comic book movie, if you will. ;) However, if the Spider-Man film series had better leads; instead of Dunst and Maguire, costume design, and disowned the third move, I don't know what film would sit atop the throne. Hehehe... (It would still be Iron Man, in my opinion). The first Blade film was also fun, but no where near Favreau's masterpiece (yes, I'm going out on a limb and calling it something some could consider an exaggeration). Iron Man has tons of fan service, and Downey Jr., even Paltrow, portray their roles well and faithfully. The only other time I can say I have been so satisfied by a comic book movie is with Hellboy, which was also very good.

Ok thanks, I was imagining something like Stark working on a Hulkbuster armor but that's probably more money then they would want to spend just for a 10 second extra. I wonder how much they paid Jackson for the walkon though?

I've never been much of a fan of Iron Man but all the positive feedback has me interested. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know where to get one of those Arc Reactor shirts? Only place I've found is eBay and they're over priced.

8407_1_b.JPG
[/quote]

Hey I was doing a search and came across http://www.zazzle.com/digitalletdown/product/235361524036694776 ...it's a Zazzle.com site (I had never heard of them before, it looks better than cafepress). Anyway, I happened to see this post in the search results and thought I'd share. They are totally awesome and the movie ruled

I love that R8. I want one. My girlfriend is always trying to find an excuse to take one of the R8 fleet cars home for us to screw around in. The movie was good too. ;)

[quote name='Kendal']I love that R8. I want one. My girlfriend is always trying to find an excuse to take one of the R8 fleet cars home for us to screw around in. The movie was good too. ;)[/quote]

I want the armor. :drool: Smoldering desert heat be damned, I would wear it come sweat or stroke. :D ... #-o

I happen to see a Premer show of Iron Man, they listed who else could've played and produced Iron Man. Let me just say we dodged a bullet people.

Tony Stark:

Nick Cage
Tom Cruise

Director:

Quinton Tarentino

Had a second showing helping last night. Much better the second time around!

Picked up the original score. Careful it's missing a lot of what's NOT featured in the movie :(

Thank god I skipped Speed Racer.

I saw Iron Man the other day and I was impressed. I think they did a very good job of making a movie that comic book fans and non comic book fans can enjoy.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/hd/

http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-tlr1_720p.mov

http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-tlr2_720p.mov

http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-30sec_sb_720p.mov

http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-clip_720p.mov

http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-clip2_720p.mov

(If you want the downloadable versions of the above links, just put an "h" before the 7, ie. movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/iron_man/iron_man-30sec_sb_h720p.mov
You can also replace the 720 with 480 or 1080, if you want a different resolution)

what make this movie great is that the parts where hes not in the ironman armor are just as interesting or funny as the ones when hes in them. the guy is tony stark not since wesley snipes been cast as blade has someone fit a role that perfectly. its relly odd his real life kind of mirrors tonys life as well. now i want to know how he will be used in the hulk film.

bread's done
Back