It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know a place where they sell custom choppers, custom motorcycles. Motorcycles like the ones from the old show on the Discovery Channel Biker Build-Of

[quote name='D_Icon']Does anybody know a place where they sell custom choppers, custom motorcycles. Motorcycles like the ones from the old show on the Discovery Channel Biker Build-Of[/quote]

Ummmm, I thought this thread was for Chicago-area video game deals?

Eh, look at the sports tickets posts. Personally, I don't mind anything Chicago-related.

I don't know if they do custom stuff, but there's a big cycle shop on Touhy across from the Lincolnwood Town Center. In Lincolnwood.

edit: teh grammar

Here's a unique flipping opportunity for Chicagoland CAGers:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/472555,CST-NWS-guns18.article

"The third annual CAPS Gun-Turn-In event will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Guns turned in at any one of 23 locations will be destroyed, no questions asked. No one will be charged.
Because of contributions from Chase Bank and other businesses, gun owners will receive a $100 prepaid MasterCard for each gun surrendered."

Time to hit up those pawn shops!

Well, just wanted to let someone know.....

The K-Mart on Roosevelt near Desplaines in Forest Park had ONE Wii in stock when I went there last night. The store is never really that busy, and the electronics section is usually empty, so it might still be there.

I have a question for you all here in Chicagoland. Has anyone gone to any pawn shops and scored some deals on games or found some rare games? If so, has anyone found a shop that seems to get/have a good selection of games? Care to share your info with the rest of us?

[quote name='chicagoz']I have a question for you all here in Chicagoland. Has anyone gone to any pawn shops and scored some deals on games or found some rare games? If so, has anyone found a shop that seems to get/have a good selection of games? Care to share your info with the rest of us?[/quote]

I usually hit up Disc Replay on Golf Rd & Roselle and the Disc Replay on Army Trail Rd, I think its Bloomingdale. Haven't seen any Wii games there yet but I did score a Sealed Wii remote for $30 recently. They do have decent prices on PS3 & 360 games. I know right know right now the store on Golf Rd has a ton of used wireless 360 controllers I think they were under $30. I even saw a used PS3 there.

I have bears tickets for sale. My wife bought them for me just today but I cant go since I have go to a training meeting in San Francisco that day. The tickets are $160 for the pair. Or if someone wants to trade for them with another game that would be even better. Thanks.

Chicago Bears
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
Thu, Aug 30, 2007 07:00 PM

Seat location: section 444, row 33, seats 8-7

[quote name='chicagoz']I have a question for you all here in Chicagoland. Has anyone gone to any pawn shops and scored some deals on games or found some rare games? If so, has anyone found a shop that seems to get/have a good selection of games? Care to share your info with the rest of us?[/QUOTE]

I've checked a few pawn shops for games (1 fairly regularly since it's across the street from work) but I've never found a really good deal. I'd say it's like a lot of the CAG YMMV deals (Walmart clearance being #1) we never seem to get in Chicago - unfortunately we miss out by being in a big city.

Has anyone seen any Urban Reigns or Yakuzas at any Best Buys here in Chicago? I went to two yesterday and they were neither on the shelve or in the front lane. Anyone notice these?

[quote name='ryosnk']I was able to pricematch the cc xbox live points ad at the bb in the hip.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I was wondering if they'd do a pm. I had to special order the cards from CC, because they were out of stock.

[quote name='ryosnk']Post 1500.

Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_detail.php?location_id=6[/QUOTE]

I don't get off work until 10:30 pm on weekdays so I won't be able to make this.

But, I do plan on going to wizardworld for a day. Maybe we can do a meet-up there.
Anyone else plan on going to wizardworld this year?

[quote name='bobo2k4']

But, I do plan on going to wizardworld for a day. Maybe we can do a meet-up there.
Anyone else plan on going to wizardworld this year?[/quote]

Saturday. I should be there in the morning till around around 2-4 pm. I'm down to do a meet-up.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I don't get off work until 10:30 pm on weekdays so I won't be able to make this.

Anyone else plan on going to wizardworld this year?[/QUOTE]

Im going all three days. Let me know were to meet up.

[quote name='mzbagel']Just a heads up. I saw two Wiis at the Villa Park Target on North Ave last night in case anyone is looking :)[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy by Franklin Park had about 12 in stock. That is where I bought mines.

Anyone find anymore 1600 MS Point cards? A few stores said they get more in before the sale ends Saturday but it looking like that's not going to happen.

If anyone finds some, or get a Best Buy that will price match, can ya pick me up 6 cards (about $66 w/ tax)? My budget is kinda tight right now so I can't give ya alittle extra but I can offer something reasonable off my trade list for your trouble....

The Best Buys I went to shot me down in my price match attempts. :cry:

EDIT: Circuit City on Elston Ave let me special order 2 cards for the sale price, but only after 20 minutes of arguing. What a pain in the ass that was! I'd still like 4 more cards if anyone is going out to get them today.... ;)

[quote name='ryosnk']Im going all three days. Let me know were to meet up.[/QUOTE]

I may be only going on the 11th. So if anyone going on the first day can set up an location.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I may be only going on the 11th. So if anyone going on the first day can set up an location.[/quote]

Isn't the first day Friday, the 10th?

[quote name='chicagoz']Isn't the first day Friday, the 10th?[/QUOTE]

I thought the wizardworld site had something about thursday being the promo day or something. Not sure if anyone here was going that that.

But if someone sets up spot for a meet-up I'll most likely show up.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I thought the wizardworld site had something about thursday being the promo day or something. Not sure if anyone here was going that that.

But if someone sets up spot for a meet-up I'll most likely show up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah wizard world starts on thrusday but for only for premium ticket holders. I'm going all three days we all could meet up at a booth or at a panel.

I have two tickets for sale: Chicago bears vs cleveland browns game on August 30, 2007 for $140 ( What I paid for). Anyone interested post here or pm me.

Thanks.

Hey gang,

Anyone purchase a 2007 Entertainment Book - Chicago South and not using their Indiana Beach B1G1F coupon? I would be willing to pay you for it. We are visiting the park this Sunday so this is time sensitive.

Please let me know via PM and thanks for the help.

Anyone want to purchase a 3 day pass to the Penny Arcade Expo? I'm not really in a position to go and would like to unload this for $40 (what I paid at prereg.).

If anyone who is attending wizard world chicago would like to meet up pm me.

Also, I have those bears tickets still available so if interested pm me.

[quote name='Jagi']Any Wii sightings in the Chicagoland area (preferably NW area)?[/quote]

I kinda thought everyone that needed a Wii found one. The Costco at Damen, Diversey and Clybourn got a pallet of Wii bundles in a few days ago. I doubt they have any left, tho.

What is some places that are still open that sells used games other than EB/GS store and VideoGames Etc.?? The disc replay place near VideoGames Etc. is close and was wondering is there any other disc replay in the city. I am mostly looking for cheap GameCube games and controllers and memory card. Finally scored a Wii but no games :cry:. Unless anybody here want to part their gamecube stuff to me.

Had to cancel my preorder for halo3 at the bb on north and clybourn. They're not doing a midnight launch. Looks like I might be going to EB on webster, but anyone have a confirmation on a midnight launch site?

First Place Cubs

[quote name='luffy21']What is some places that are still open that sells used games other than EB/GS store and VideoGames Etc.?? The disc replay place near VideoGames Etc. is close and was wondering is there any other disc replay in the city. I am mostly looking for cheap GameCube games and controllers and memory card. Finally scored a Wii but no games :cry:. Unless anybody here want to part their gamecube stuff to me.[/quote]

Village Crossing in Skokie has a pretty good Disc Replay. You can find some good stuff there occasionally.

Anyone have any info on any Gamecrazy's in Chicago or nearby suburbs that are having the 50% sale?

Hi, the best buy in golf mill had a few ds lite limited editions sets (the black and red ds) in a storage by the xbox 360 section.

Also, does anyone know of any eb/gamestop that still has the regular xbox live adaptor?

Thanks.

[quote name='Jagi']Any Wii sightings in the Chicagoland area (preferably NW area)?[/quote]

I saw 4 or 5 yesterday at the Wal Mart in Rolling Meadows, the one off of golf & algonquin rd. Also the gamestop on algonquin there had a used one for sale a couple days ago. Who would want to trade in their Wii?? They must have been crazy!!

[quote name='jphillips10']Who would want to trade in their Wii?? They must have been crazy!![/quote]

I have considered getting rid of mine. My Wii collects dust. :roll:

Actually my girlfriend uses it a heck of a lot more than I do. It was fun when I first got it but now the novelty has worn off for me. Only reason I still have it is cuz my girlfriend likes it and after I finish my small backlog of Xbox 360 games, I'll (finally) start playing Twilight Princess.

[quote name='chicagoz']I have considered getting rid of mine. My Wii collects dust. :roll:

Actually my girlfriend uses it a heck of a lot more than I do. It was fun when I first got it but now the novelty has worn off for me. Only reason I still have it is cuz my girlfriend likes it and after I finish my small backlog of Xbox 360 games, I'll (finally) start playing Twilight Princess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the novelty of it has worn off for me and my wife. We just packed it back onto its box and put it in the closet. The only game I have for it is wii sports becasue nothing else seemed worthy of getting.

Also the rosemont target has guitar hero cases at $12, a guitar hero pack that has a mounting stand and stickers for I think $17, a few faceplates on sale and a few other ps3, x360, and ds accessories on sale (not that much on the sale price but like 20% off).

Hey Chicago!

I'm gonna be out there in September and was hoping for some suggestions on where to visit (museums, gardens, points of interest) and shop (any great anime stores, outdoor markets) et cetera.

[quote name='guinaevere']Hey Chicago!

I'm gonna be out there in September and was hoping for some suggestions on where to visit (museums, gardens, points of interest) and shop (any great anime stores, outdoor markets) et cetera.[/quote]

-Museum of Science and Industry (my favorite museum here)
-Chicago Botanic Garden
-Sears Tower Skydeck
-Maxwell Street Market (only on Sundays, it's like a big outdoor flea market. I've gotten a few deals on video games there.)

You can google these to find out more about them.

bread's done
Back