It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago CAGs. Check out my tradelist. I need money ASAP, so if you see something you like, let me know.

anyone in the chicago area proficient with soldering? I have a psp, and recently replaced the lcd screen, as it cracked. However, in the process, I believe the fuse for the back light fried..i tried the old screen again after i tried the new one, and the backlight didn't work either, so I know its not the screen. anyone you can be any help?

i have a giftcard for Barnes and Nobles for $350...does anyone want to trade gc or buy it off of me? PM me

i rather do things in person so preferably in the Schaumburg area

The city's largest yard/garage sale is happening tomorrow in the alleys of Irving Park, Cicero, Montrose area.

Two more garage sales:

Irving Park YMCA parking lot, Irving Park at Tripp, Saturday, May 17 and 3700 block of N. Kostner, starting today and continuing tomorrow. Happy treasure hunting!

[quote name='shieryda']The city's largest yard/garage sale is happening tomorrow in the alleys of Irving Park, Cicero, Montrose area.

Two more garage sales:

Irving Park YMCA parking lot, Irving Park at Tripp, Saturday, May 17 and 3700 block of N. Kostner, starting today and continuing tomorrow. Happy treasure hunting![/QUOTE]

I never knew about this. Have fun and report if you find anything good.

[quote name='shieryda']The city's largest yard/garage sale is happening tomorrow in the alleys of Irving Park, Cicero, Montrose area.

Two more garage sales:

Irving Park YMCA parking lot, Irving Park at Tripp, Saturday, May 17 and 3700 block of N. Kostner, starting today and continuing tomorrow. Happy treasure hunting![/quote]

God damn, I can't believe I missed this, and I'm about 15 minutes away from this area too.

Just a question for those of you that sell guides to other CAGs...What is a fair price to charge per guide? Is there a guideline (pun intended) for pricing?

Strategy guides. like brady, prima, etc. they are penny guides, that someone wants to buy from me and I did not know if there is some cag standard pricing.

[quote name='slowdive21']Strategy guides. like brady, prima, etc. they are penny guides, that someone wants to buy from me and I did not know if there is some cag standard pricing.[/quote]

Usually $2-3 each. If it's super-rare, then maybe a little more.

As the poster above me said, it all depends on what for game it is. I recently found a Final Fantasy VIII strat guide at my old job and bought it for a penny. One was factory sealed, the other wasn't. So I bought both, I assume they'd go for at least 30.00.

YO, Just found this thread, actually only a couple weeks old to CAG, But I'm a DePaul Student living in Lakeview!

Maybe I will run into some of you :p

[quote name='CAG 79']Where's a good place to get a car alarm w/installation besides BB,CC etc?[/quote]

I think Lee's Auto Parts does car alarm installation's it's in Norridge IL, right on Harlem and Montrose.

It depends on how much you want to spend.

Speaking of which, if someone sees a four door, dark blue acura integra w/ dark tinting on all windows, lemme know yeah?

Car was just stolen last night =/

If you need some energy for those late-night gaming sessions, Big Lots on Diversey has 24 pk cases of Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate Energy Drinks for $10.

[quote name='nikkai']It depends on how much you want to spend.

Speaking of which, if someone sees a four door, dark blue acura integra w/ dark tinting on all windows, lemme know yeah?

Car was just stolen last night =/[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. My car was stolen a couple years ago, but thankfully, it was found (minus the stereo, amp, speakers, and bowling shoes (?!) And the police didn't find it, my girlfriend's parents found it with some dude driving around in it.

With gas prices the way they are, I want to buy a Honda Civic/Accord or Acura Integra. But most people I know who owns those cars have had their cars almost stolen at least once.

[quote name='chicagoz']If you need some energy for those late-night gaming sessions, Big Lots on Diversey has 24 pk cases of Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate Energy Drinks for $10.

.[/quote]

Damn I could use those tonight! I got to write a long ass paper due in the morning. No sleep tonight!

If any Chicago CAGs are interested, I'm selling :ps3: Guitar Hero 3-game, controller, box, the whole deal. PM me if interested in a pick up.

[quote name='Blackout542']Damn I could use those tonight! I got to write a long ass paper due in the morning. No sleep tonight!

If any Chicago CAGs are interested, I'm selling :ps3: Guitar Hero 3-game, controller, box, the whole deal. PM me if interested in a pick up.[/quote]

What's your asking price?

PGR4 was $15 at Target in the Harlem-Irving Plaza, but laziness/etc. prevented me from posting it, for all those interested.
It _may_ still be there. From what I saw they weren't planning on moving anytime soon. My copy is, sadly, still sealed.

[quote name='CAG 79']Just got back from the Kanye West concert, man that show was awesome.[/quote]

So how many people got shot and stabbed?? :D

If anyone goes to any best buy or cc can you hook me up with stuntman $10, zelda ds $17 and grimmore for $5 as talked about in other threads.

[quote name='Blackout542']So how many people got shot and stabbed?? :D[/QUOTE]

None. Not too sound racist but surprisingly the majority of the people there were white.

[quote name='CAG 79']None. Not too sound racist but surprisingly the majority of the people there were white.[/quote]

Heh. I think a couple of my friends went to the concert too (some spanish dudes). I always laugh when I go into Best Buy or something and I hear the biggest white yuppies asking "So where can I get the new Common album?" :rofl:

Common is more of a hip hop artist and an indie one at that, so you may see suburban whites or hipsters that like him. I booked him in 1996 and I think he was called common sense back then or maybe it was his album name. I remember there was a lot of confusion when it came to contracts.

I get more angry when I see white wankstas blasting Yin Yang Twins or some other no talent hack. There is a movie named HAVOC that captures what I am talking about...Plus Anne Hathaway has a nude scene. :drool:

Most of the rappers today have street cred, but little to no talent. Pretty much every show is 5 $$$$as talking in a mic.

Note: I do not think Too Short has any talent, but I am still probably going to go just to see B.J. Betty performed live.

[quote name='slowdive21']Common is more of a hip hop artist and an indie one at that, so you may see suburban whites or hipsters that like him. I booked him in 1996 and I think he was called common sense back then or maybe it was his album name. I remember there was a lot of confusion when it came to contracts.

I get more angry when I see white wankstas blasting Yin Yang Twins or some other no talent hack. There is a movie named HAVOC that captures what I am talking about...Plus Anne Hathaway has a nude scene. :drool:

Most of the rappers today have street cred, but little to no talent. Pretty much every show is 5 $$$$as talking in a mic.

Note: I do not think Too Short has any talent, but I am still probably going to go just to see B.J. Betty performed live.[/QUOTE]

I remember when Common was called Common Sense. Seemed like he dropped the Sense part when he started to become bigger than a local rapper.

And thanks for reminding me about that movie. I was up late one night flipping channels and saw Anne Hathaway dressed up like a hoodrat and I was thinking, "what the hell is this?!" I watched for a little bit and the movie did seem interesting but then her nude scene came on...wow. I made a mental note to buy that movie on DVD (which I quickly forgot). LOL

i know this is outside of Chicago a bit but if anyone is looking for a wii fit, there are a lot of them available in Dekalb. Target and Gamestop both had quite a few in stock.

[quote name='slowdive21']Common is more of a hip hop artist and an indie one at that, so you may see suburban whites or hipsters that like him. I booked him in 1996 and I think he was called common sense back then or maybe it was his album name. I remember there was a lot of confusion when it came to contracts.

Note: I do not think Too Short has any talent, but I am still probably going to go just to see B.J. Betty performed live.[/quote]

I didn't know Common was indie considering I thought he did gap commercials, is in some new movie with Keanu(sp?) Reeves, and I thought I saw him on t.v. before. Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

Common is about as Indie as Jay-Z. I like Common but I don't think a major artist being produced by Kanye West is really qualified to be labeled as Indie. Doesn't being signed to a major record label automatically rule you out of indie status?

It depends on how you view the term indie. He was popular before he was signed. Most rap acts get signed because the record company needs someone who sounds like someone else. I would consider someone who records an studio album without the assistance of a major label to be an indie artist. I would also consider an artist with a somewhat underground following as indie. It all depends on what indie is to you. Is a band that gets signed to a label and then dropped indie? Is someone who has a contract that allows them to keep their artistic integrity indie? The best example I can think of is Dark Horse Comics. I would call them an indie comic label, but someone else would say they are a major label. Their talent have artistic license, rather than dark horse forcing them into the mold. Since common has kept himself grounded and has kept his integrity, I would call him indie...But to each his own.

To me indie is having a cult following and not being able to buy the cds at major stores like Target or Best Buy.

[quote name='ryosnk']If anyone goes to any best buy or cc can you hook me up with stuntman $10, zelda ds $17 and grimmore for $5 as talked about in other threads.[/quote]

I'll try and hit up North Riverside this week, buddy.

[quote name='sociopharm02']i know this is outside of Chicago a bit but if anyone is looking for a wii fit, there are a lot of them available in Dekalb. Target and Gamestop both had quite a few in stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for a Wii Fit, but that's a long drive for me. I'll keep trying the stores in the city. Thanks for the heads up.

Man I remember that last year. I didn't get a chance to go but I passed by it. I gotta make my way over there this year.

bread's done
Back