It's time for "300" (Official "300" Thread)

martin8me

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Well 300 finally comes out tomorrow, anyone gonna watch it today at midnight ?(where available)

I personally can't wait for this movie because of how "nex-gen" it is.

I was so excited when I found out it was playing at the Imax. And almost cried when I found out it wasn't playing at the 2 near me =( 50 points extra credit to bring in my ticket stub for my world civilizations class. w00t

[quote name='PKRipp3r']I'm oiling myself up right now![/quote]

Wow....now thats dedication!

Im going at 11:59 tonight, Ill report back afterwards.

UPDATE
Just got home from the movie. It wasn't my favorite movie ever, but I thought it was awesome. Definitely wasn't a thought provoking movie, but the cinematography and action was great. After walking out of the movie, everyone I was with said they felt like going and killing some stuff...so be careful when you leave the theater.

[quote name='Moxio']I'm a bit upset with the RT 61% rating, but I suppose I'll see it. I'm in no hurry.[/quote]
Well RT's reveiws say that there is just too much gore,

but i can't understand why the average is a 60% whereas IMDB average is a 8.5 ot of 10.

[quote name='martin8me']Well RT's reveiws say that there is just too much gore,
but i can't understand why the average is a 60% whereas IMDB average is a 8.5 ot of 10.[/QUOTE]
TEH OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you weren't expecting gore, than this movie is not for you

Almost half of the reviews on RT compare the movie to a video game, and use this as an insult.

fuck that.

These people are looking for too much depth. This is a movie about no-holds-bar ass-kicking. That's it. Take it for what it is and review it on those merits...not what you think it should be. Normally I agree with what most critics say, but this is fuckin' ridiculous.

[quote name='anomynous']TEH OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you weren't expecting gore, than this movie is not for you[/quote]
Oooooo I was expecting gore! Another reason why this movie is gonna be "TEH R0XX0R$":D

[quote name='Greetard']Take it for what it is and review it on those merits...not what you think it should be.[/quote]

AMEN.

What makes this thread official, and the other eight or nine unofficial?

[quote name='Brak']What makes this thread official, and the other eight or nine unofficial?[/QUOTE]
This one says "300" twice.

That's, like, 600 or something.

[quote name='Greetard']Almost half of the reviews on RT compare the movie to a video game, and use this as an insult.

fuck that.

These people are looking for too much depth. This is a movie about no-holds-bar ass-kicking. That's it. Take it for what it is and review it on those merits...not what you think it should be. Normally I agree with what most critics say, but this is fuckin' ridiculous.[/quote]

exactly.

[quote name='Xevious']Wow....now thats dedication![/QUOTE]

that's just how Leonidas and I roll

:cool:

and i agree about the RT reviews

some of the reviewers there are generally good but a bit stuck up and too critical of films that utilize style over substance effectively

it was pretty obvious, imo, that a lot of the reviewers knew nothing about the source material

if those pricks don't like it then i'm there for the fucking matinee show

GET SOME

*pounds chest and points at the sky dramatically*

I'm watching it tomorrow. My girl has been bugging me for the past few weeks about watching it, and I still have no idea what the fuck the movie is about.. mainly because I wasn't listening.

I'll read about it right now.

Also anyone catch that History Channel thing that was on a few hours ago? I did and it was pretty good. Learned alot. It was about two hours long. Obviously the movie is going to be different but hey itsd a movie.

My friend saw the movie, got a special guest past for a advanced screening. He basically sumed it up as all hype, just mindless killing. He also said the spartans seemed more villaines than the persians.

Funny as I typed that, History channel has a special about the real spartan wars..

Just got back from watching it. If you're a man and just want to see a bunch of guys get knocked around and killed in very violent/bloody ways, you'll enjoy this movie. It is pure chewing gum for the brain that has some slick visuals and brutally awesome fighting sequences.

Here are my favorite aspects of the movie:
-violence
-boobs
-hunchback eroticism

Very fun movie.

[quote name='Greetard']Almost half of the reviews on RT compare the movie to a video game, and use this as an insult.

fuck that.

These people are looking for too much depth. This is a movie about no-holds-bar ass-kicking. That's it. Take it for what it is and review it on those merits...not what you think it should be. Normally I agree with what most critics say, but this is fuckin' ridiculous.[/quote]

Exactly. All I'm coming into this movie is for a nonstop, balls-to-the-wall action movie that's above mindless popcorn flick (ala some of the recent comic book movies like Ghost Rider). I haven't seen a good action flick in forever; I'm talking about action flicks like Terminator 2 or some of the 80s actions flicks.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I'm watching it tomorrow. My girl has been bugging me for the past few weeks about watching it, and I still have no idea what the fuck the movie is about.. mainly because I wasn't listening.

I'll read about it right now.[/quote]

You're a lucky man that your gal will go with you. Me, I'm dragging mine to see it.:lol:

Before the week starts I will have seen this movie FINALLY! It will desimate all! Got free tickets too. :D

[quote name='Dhuk']My friend saw the movie, got a special guest past for a advanced screening. He basically sumed it up as all hype, just mindless killing. He also said the spartans seemed more villaines than the persians.[/quote]
I don't care what anyone says... yes this movie is hella hyped and yes there are things not realistic about it and yes I do have high expectations but this movie will still be fucking awesome! It's kinda like Halo 3... Doesn't matter what it is everyone will want it. xD

edit: BTW, me going out of my way to actually go to the theaters to see this says something about this movie... I don't know the last time I stepped into one of them.

Just saw it BITCHES. Wow, are people crazy or what? There were like 4 sold out showing tonight, people dressed up and shit; it was a fucking circus.

If you like violence, blood, death, boobs, and a lot of sick animations and battle scenes with the previously stated aspects involved, this movie was made for you. This shit was EPIC.

Just got back from watching the movie. It's very entertaining. I didn't expect much before watching, so I'm very pleased. I know I'll be getting this on release. Now I just need to wait until my graphic novel comes in the mail.

This also makes me want to play God of War now.

Just saw it . Wow, are people crazy or what? There were like 4 sold out showing tonight, people dressed up and shit; it was a fucking circus.

If you like violence, blood, death, boobs, and a lot of sick animations and battle scenes with the previously stated aspects involved, this movie was made for you. This shit was EPIC.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Just saw it . Wow, are people crazy or what? There were like 4 sold out showing tonight, people dressed up and shit; it was a fucking circus.

If you like violence, blood, death, boobs, and a lot of sick animations and battle scenes with the previously stated aspects involved, this movie was made for you. This shit was EPIC.[/QUOTE]

Fun fact:
The graphic novel has no boobs, but man wang(s) in the first few pages.

[quote name='CitizenB']Fun fact:
The graphic novel has no boobs, but man wang(s) in the first few pages.[/QUOTE]

Fun fact:
Hence why books are gay and movies aren't.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Fun fact:
Hence why books are gay and movies aren't.[/QUOTE]
Fun Fact: This is the third R-rated movie you'll attend where your mom didn't have to buy the tickets for you.

I really want to see this movie, that trailer that was posted really increased my excitment. but I am going out of town so I won't see it this weekend, grrrr.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Fun Fact: This is the third R-rated movie you'll attend where your mom didn't have to buy the tickets for you.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

I think I will see this in theaters eventually, but not this opening weekend. I got fucking finals to study for and I'm in a crap mood. Probably not a good idea to see an uber-violent movie under those conditions.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I haven't seen a good action flick in forever; I'm talking about action flicks like Terminator 2 or some of the 80s actions flicks.[/QUOTE]

GASP. Terminator 2 is a fantastic movie that is enjoyed by both critics and drooling idiots, and is sullied by your lumping it in with other "action flicks," let alone this film.

But, I shall reserve full judgement until I see 300 for myself. I may be going tonight with some people who seem to be a lot more excited for it than I am.

[quote name='KaneRobot']GASP. Terminator 2 is a fantastic movie that is enjoyed by both critics and drooling idiots, and is sullied by your lumping it in with other "action flicks," let alone this film.

But, I shall reserve full judgement until I see 300 for myself. I may be going tonight with some people who seem to be a lot more excited for it than I am.[/quote]

Wait what?!? I hope you're being sarcastic because I didn't say a single bad thing about Terminator 2 just that it was an awesome action flick. Didn't mention anything else about it.:roll:

I saw the movie, and it was a constant brawl of blood and special effects. Though quite entertaining I might add.

The highlight of the movie was the brand new Spider-man 3 trailer that featured Venom. I totally didn't expect that to happen.

bread's done
Back