It's time for "300" (Official "300" Thread)

Loved the movie i even wanted to go see it again the next day, can't wait until it comes on on dvd, pure testosterone !

[quote name='martin8me']Do you guys agree that 300 pulled a Advent Children?: All visuals, little story.[/QUOTE]

I agree.
But i still enjoyed the movie but the plot was very thin

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I agree.
But i still enjoyed the movie but the plot was very thin[/quote]

Not exactly sure what you people were after. I mean, I know that the plot was on the thin side, but that wasn't what the movie was going for nor what it was advertised as.

I wasn't after anything but the simple difference is watching the scenes in the trailer vs the movie. Without the NIN song to hold them altogether those lines fall apart and the "badness" and intimidation factor of this movie start to become really flat... Unfortunately.

lol i made this.

untitled8copyas3.jpg

[quote name='martin8me']Do you guys agree that 300 pulled a Advent Children?: All visuals, little story.[/quote]

i do agree.. i loved both flicks because of the actions scenes. and i think they're both great movies due to the quality of both the action and cinematic style. junk food for the eyes indeed.. :cool:

Saw the movie and had 3 observations :

1. The previews ruined some of the potentially "Did they just do that" type of moments. Like when Leonidas kicked the Persian into the pit, with out the preview you would have been that was awesome. you get the idea.
2. The plot was just what I expected considering it is based off of a graphic novel.
3. I read Stephen Pressfields "Gates of Fire" which is an awesome book and set up a lot of the back story that a lot of people seem to be missing. So if you feel that the movie lacked plot read the book then watch the movie.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Not exactly sure what you people were after. I mean, I know that the plot was on the thin side, but that wasn't what the movie was going for nor what it was advertised as.[/QUOTE]

I have to say the same thing. The main support of the movie needed no plot. If you wanted to know more, just do some history research on Spartans. I've seen some public television programs on Spartans and can say it is in no way boring.

Just got back from seeing this movie. fuckin' EPIC.

Epic story, great visuals, blood, gore, violence galore. Hell, I even enjoyed what little plot there was.

If you like badass actions flicks, go and see this,

I saw 300 today (it was the first time I've been in the theaters in a long time, maybe since Serenity or King Kong) and I enjoyed it. I loved the visual style, the action scenes were great, and the story wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. However I thought Sin City was a better film.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I saw 300 today (it was the first time I've been in the theaters in a long time, maybe since Serenity or King Kong) and I enjoyed it. I loved the visual style, the action scenes were great, and the story wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. However I thought Sin City was a better film.[/QUOTE]

Well Sin City had Jessica Alba, so... ;)

Yesterday I went to go see 300

1 word: AMAZING

The movie was well crafted. I loved the lighting effects as they created more of a story book feel to the movie. I mean it looked like it was a comic book in movement. 300 launched off with the story of King Leonidias as a boy, then following into the famous "This is Sparta" scene. Hearing that in the theaters sent chills down my spine (Aside from hearing all the parodies on YTMND). Immediately the build up to the war came up and there was no filler plot to get in the way. The characters were well costumed and their appearence was spectacular. Not to mention the filmmakers were not afraid to show bare bodies for both women and men (Not to mention numerous sex scenes). As the war scenes started, you couldn't help but awe at the intensity of the fights. Camera angles and bullet time really created a new age effect to sword and shield combat. Normally you'd see a war movie with the typicaly angles and effects, but here its like BAM a 360 slow motion capture of a decapatation. As the movie went on, I had a smile on my face. This was exactly what I wanted to see. It exceeded my expectations. By the end of the movie I felt as though I had known the Spartans myself. And I teared up at the ending (I won't give it away). I haven't read the comic book, but I ordered it the second I got home from the movie. Hopefully its a great movie and will keep me untill seeing the movie again with my girlfriend. I must say, this is my current favorite movie, and you should all see it...more than once!

[quote name='pop311']I really liked that movie a lot. Also, the women had some really long nipples.[/QUOTE]

Sadly I noticed that to

[quote name='dopa345']For what it's supposed to be; a purely hyper-violent, over the top action flick about a small group of Spartans kicking ass against impossible odds with some boobies thrown in for good measure; I thought it was excellent. The movie never sells itself otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I agree, its meant to be a badass flick.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I just got back from seeing it for the first time. I think it's a really good movie, but not great. In my eyes it fell as being another victim to over-hype.

I think the end "battle" was fairly disappointing considering the previous scenes in the movie were incredible.[/QUOTE]

But if the end battle was longer, or the Spartans kicked more ass then you would have said "oh come on you can finish it." You have to remember that they traveled for days on foot, killing tens of thousands of men. It had to end somewhere.

My favorite scene was when Lynoids told the humpback to live a thousands years. I think he said as way to say "watch as we die, and maybe Sparta dies because of you being a traitor, and live everyday thinking of all the people you've killed. Only for some gold, and women."

There was some great lines as well. "only spartan women give birth to real men." Also when the queen stabbed homeboy, and repeated what he said during her rape scene.

Overall a good action flick. Yes you could say it has deeper meanings but IMO sometimes a movie is just a movie.

bread's done
Back