Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

[quote name='Gamerguy']I'm visiting home and I went a little shop-happy because I finally have a car again.

Circuit City at Regency still has tons of stuff from the last two clearances, such as God Hand and Wario Ware GC. I picked up Karaoke Revolution American Idol Edition for PS2, game only, for $13.

Sears at Regency had some great clearance stuff right outside their electronics department. I picked up Rogue Galaxy (PS2) for $8.99. I saw Super Mario Strikers (GC) for about $10 too.

Best Buy at Regency has nothing special.

Target at Regency has a few games marked "Clearance," but I think they were all recent pricedrops. Final Fantasy XII for $19.99, Splinter Cell Double Agent (Wii) for $19.99, and a bunch of the usual shovelware DS stuff for less than that.

I'm gonna check out TRU on Tuesday for the B2G2 sale.[/QUOTE]
Gamerguy, did that Sears have any more Rogue Galaxies?

Shit shit shit.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Gamerguy, did that Sears have any more Rogue Galaxies?

Shit shit shit.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any, but I didn't look for one after I found mine.
I did notice that they had a ton of Xbox LIVE 12 Month Subscription kits for the original Xbox marked down to $20. I'm not sure if they work for the 360 version of Live, but I assume so...

Woot! Went to the midnight release party for Transformers at Moviestop and won the Optimus Prime display. It is teh awesome! Woot! Kinichiwa Bishes

[quote name='xarchaicx']ne 1 know were 2 get a wireless mic?? ive been evry were but no luck...[/QUOTE]

For 360 right? Target, Gamestop, hell even Best Buy has the darn things. They're so easy to find. If you're talking about a different system, please elaborate.

Anyways I'll be at the Guitar Hero 3 midnight launch at the Regency Best Buy this Saturday since the Blanding store isn't having one. I'll be rocking the CAG bracelet.

Well I went to four Kmarts today. Two on Blanding and one on Normandy. and the one on Beach. Found alot of Kameos at the Orange Park one. Bought Perfect Dark Zero at the other Blanding Kmart for 4.90, two more left. The Normandy one was the only Kmart that acually looked like a store and not an indoor flea market. Every clearance game was labeled. They had Children of Mana DS, Baiten Kaitos Origins 10.00 and alot of EA sports games, mainly basketball. Nothing of note at the one on Beach.

Chris

[quote name='flasht3']Anyone know where to find a good deal on a Wavebird around Jax?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop carries them used for $17.99. Good luck finding one though. There are some GSs around town that have a lot of used accessories. One of the stores in Fleming Island have a surplus of used controllers, cables, etc. They even have those Street Fighter controllers for $5 new. There's a PS2 Ryu and 2 Xbox Guiles last time I went there.

[quote name='flasht3']Anyone know where to find a good deal on a Wavebird around Jax?[/quote]
We have some in stock at Game Over!, pre-played for 14.95. Don't know if you live on the northside or not, seems to be the problem with our location in Yulee, its a drive for most people here.
If your not in a hurry though and if it would be more convienient, I can bring one down to Pecan Park on Saturday for ya. Just call the store and we'll put in in the DM (Dirt Mall:lol:) bin to take out there. The number is 904-548-1133.

I must say that I appreciate all the kind words from everyone who has checked out the store.
Sying, I know the website sucks, we're trying to work on that now. Hopefully in the next few months we'll have it where we want it to be. Getting the database from out point of sale system to work with the website has been a snag, but we're working out the kinks slowly but surely. Eventually the website will mirror the stock on-hand in the store. Its just going to take some time that unfortunately we don't have right now with Xmas coming up. And of course we're not a big corporate giant who can put 100 people aside to work on one thing.

We will be getting our discount cards soon, good for 10%. I know that is GSish, but unfortunately they have burned that into every average consumers head that you have to buy a $5 card to get a good deal. However, in support of the CAG community, if you find yourself in our neck of the woods, just mention CAG and get 10% any pre-played games or accessories. Once we get the cards in, we'll give any CAGs one for free, just ask.

Also, just another shameless plug. If there's any artists checking this out, we're having a "Design our Mascot" contest. The art has to be of non-trademarked or copyrighted material. It can be subitted in any format you prefer, pencil, inks, adobe (preferred), .jpeg, bmp, even crayon if you want. We'll pick the winner on 1/1/08. The winning design will get a Guitar Hero III bundle of their choice or equal store credit if you've already snagged one on a CAG deal!!

;)As always, B2G1 free on all old school and DVDs (collector games and imports excluded, of course:cry:)

GOBBanner.jpg

I've heard that the promotion is nationwide. But I guess we'll find out for sure on Sunday when the new sales paper comes out. I've already preordered at the OP one. I don't have work on Monday, so I'll be there early.

I hope they have the deal because I preordered at the regency TRU. I'll be pissed if not! By the way, if any of you want any of those 20% off Kmart coupons, they're at the one on San Jose.

The circular is out now and it's official.
FREE $25 GIFT CARD with purchase of Wii Super Mario Galaxy

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2561720&rapid=477220&pagenumber=12&listingid=-2092444618&ref=%2ftoysrus%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2561720%26pagenumber%3d12%26rapid%3d477220%26prvid%3dToysRus-071111

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that the circular also says IN-STORE TUESDAY! by 5pm when the release date is Monday the 12th.

I guess I'll be calling the OP TRU when they open up today at 11 to see if it's in and tomorrow at 9:30 if they don't.

Picked up the last Daxter bundle PSP at the Neptune Beach Kmart. Used the 20% off coupon. Man, I love coupons!

I called all 3 TRUs and no such luck. They all said Tuesday by 5pm, but one of them said to call later on the slight chance they do stock it today.

I called the Regency TRU where I got my preorder and the said to call tommorrow morning to see if they had them in. He said for sure before noon they would have it.

I called the one at the Avenues, about 11:45, they said they would be in at five. I'm still holding out hope for 1 or 2 though cause I hate the traffic on Philips Highway after 5 o'clock.

Just called the OP TRU and they said it's on the shelf.

Wear your CAG wristband if you've got it! Good luck with the other TRUs.

Just picked up SMG at 1:45 at the Regency TRU. About 5 five people there picking it up. People who didn't preorder didn't get the coin. The cashier said they had about 70 preorders. Now waiting for the B2G1 free deal.

When I got to the OP TRU, they were completely soldout of on-shelf copies of SMG. They only had copies left were for people that preordered. I love being a CAG.

I felt kinda bad for the 2 people in line behind me that walked out empty handed. But I guess they should have preordered or showed up earlier.

I'm still up in Atlanta, but I'll be back in Jax for Thanksgiving/BF. I'm going to camp at the Regency Circuit City. I guess I'll go around 3 AM?

[quote name='Gamerguy']I'm still up in Atlanta, but I'll be back in Jax for Thanksgiving/BF. I'm going to camp at the Regency Circuit City. I guess I'll go around 3 AM?[/QUOTE]
If you want to be around the corner. I plan to be there by 6pm

[quote name='sying']If you want to be around the corner. I plan to be there by 6pm[/QUOTE]

No need, really. I've been the last two years and gone around 3-4 AM and been in the first wave allowed in the store, gotten everything I needed, and checked out within 10 minutes to go to Target in time for their opening.

Don't think I'll do Black Friday this year. Went last year to CC and stood 2 hours in line then left because I was freezing my butt off. Looked at most of the Black Friday ads, nothing interests me. Maybe BB 20 buck Resident evil 4 wii.

Hiya. Long-time (main site) lurker here.

Jacksonville's my hometown, though I'm a junior at the University of South Carolina, so I'll probably be in and out of both of these threads.

[quote name='Gamerguy']No need, really. I've been the last two years and gone around 3-4 AM and been in the first wave allowed in the store, gotten everything I needed, and checked out within 10 minutes to go to Target in time for their opening.[/quote] Same here. That CC's pretty good about telling people when the doorbusters have all been accounted for. I can't speak for the one on Southside, though.

[quote name='Turbo42']Hiya. Long-time (main site) lurker here.

Jacksonville's my hometown, though I'm a junior at the University of South Carolina, so I'll probably be in and out of both of these threads.

Same here. That CC's pretty good about telling people when the doorbusters have all been accounted for. I can't speak for the one on Southside, though.[/QUOTE]

All the crazy's come to Best Buy (Not as crazy as the people who camp at WM mind you). I was there last year at 5PM Thansgiving and it was not the first. Maybe the new BB at the AIRPORT will aleviate some of the madness.

Madness? THIS IS BLACK FRIDAY!!

[quote name='sying']All the crazy's come to Best Buy (Not as crazy as the people who camp at WM mind you). I was there last year at 5PM Thansgiving and it was not the first. Maybe the new BB at the AIRPORT will aleviate some of the madness.

Madness? THIS IS BLACK FRIDAY!![/quote] Yeah, I remember thinking the same thing about the Southside BB. Hardly helped Regency at all.

I got everything I wanted (500 GB Seagate External Hard Drive, Buffalo Router w/ free printer, Super Mario Galaxy, The Office Season 2, 2 GB SD Card, Call of Juarez) at Circuit City this morning and was the third person to checkout. In and out in 7 minutes.

Now that everyone hopefully got everything they wanted, just thought I would post the deals we have going on at the store this weekend in case anyone is up in the Yulee area visiting family or what not. These are all valid through Sunday.
20% off all pre-played games (excluding collector case items)
20% Extra in trade on Next Gen games (PS3,360, WII, PSP, DS-must include case. Not valid on cash trades)
Buy 1 Get 1 Free on all pre-viewed DVD's and Boxsets
Motorola X205 Xbox 360 headsets $9.95
$10 off all DDR Bundles
PS2(thick)/Xbox Systems $59.95
Gamecube Systems $24.95
20% Dreamgear 17-in-1 Big Deal Packs for DS Lite
X360 - Conan $49.95(NEW)
X360 - PGR4 $49.95(NEW)
X360 - Two Worlds $29.95(NEW)
We have a few other small deals going on but figured these might interest the Local CAGs. Stop in and say hi if your in the area.

[quote name='shanonw76']Now that everyone hopefully got everything they wanted, just thought I would post the deals we have going on at the store this weekend in case anyone is up in the Yulee area visiting family or what not. These are all valid through Sunday.
20% off all pre-played games (excluding collector case items)
20% Extra in trade on Next Gen games (PS3,360, WII, PSP, DS-must include case. Not valid on cash trades)
Buy 1 Get 1 Free on all pre-viewed DVD's and Boxsets
Motorola X205 Xbox 360 headsets $9.95
$10 off all DDR Bundles
PS2(thick)/Xbox Systems $59.95
Gamecube Systems $24.95
20% Dreamgear 17-in-1 Big Deal Packs for DS Lite
X360 - Conan $49.95(NEW)
X360 - PGR4 $49.95(NEW)
We have a few other small deals going on but figured these might interest the Local CAGs. Stop in and say hi if your in the area.[/QUOTE]

Damn thats what I get for not checking CAG everyday... Missed it, and I had the whole long weekend off!

Sorry you missed it Sying. We did keep a few of the deals going though due to inventory levels. in case you get some time this week/weekend, here's what's going on this week:
Buy 1 Get 1 Free on pre-viewed movies and boxsets
X360 - Conan $49.95(NEW)
X360 - PGR4 $49.95(NEW)
X360 - Pimp My Ride $19.95 (NEW)
X360 - Halo 3 Legendary $109.95(NEW)(Iknow,its not the Amazon DOTD, but in case someone missed it)
Pre-played Gamecube Systems $24.95

We also have 2 Rock Band bundles for X360 still in stock if anyone hasn't been able to track 1 down.

This weekend (Fri thru Sun) we'll be running Buy 1 Get 1 Free on all classic plastic (Collector's Case excluded)

Also our 10% discount cards will be in next week.

[quote name='shanonw76']Sorry you missed it Sying. We did keep a few of the deals going though due to inventory levels. in case you get some time this week/weekend, here's what's going on this week:
Buy 1 Get 1 Free on pre-viewed movies and boxsets
X360 - Conan $49.95(NEW)
X360 - PGR4 $49.95(NEW)
X360 - Pimp My Ride $19.95 (NEW)
X360 - Halo 3 Legendary $109.95(NEW)(Iknow,its not the Amazon DOTD, but in case someone missed it)
Pre-played Gamecube Systems $24.95

We also have 2 Rock Band bundles for X360 still in stock if anyone hasn't been able to track 1 down.

This weekend (Fri thru Sun) we'll be running Buy 1 Get 1 Free on all classic plastic (Collector's Case excluded)

Also our 10% discount cards will be in next week.[/QUOTE]

As always great experince at your store.... move to Jacksonville!!!

Support your independent game stores CAG's

Pretty good deals on Target clearance. Most notable is Rougue Galaxy for 19.XX and Super Swing Golf for 34.XX. Both at the Regency and Town Center.

Thanks as always for gracing us with your visit sying.
On my weekly Blu-ray/HD-DVD hunt, I saw Halo 3 Spartan and Brute controllers on clearance at the Regency Best Buy for $29.99. Good deal if anyone needs an extra 360 controller.

[quote name='shanonw76']Thanks as always for gracing us with your visit sying.
On my weekly Blu-ray/HD-DVD hunt, I saw Halo 3 Spartan and Brute controllers on clearance at the Regency Best Buy for $29.99. Good deal if anyone needs an extra 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

Clue us in on a Christmas promo?

Shannon, you get in on the new Amazon Blu Ray BOGO deal?

[quote name='sying']Clue us in on a Christmas promo?

Shannon, you get in on the new Amazon Blu Ray BOGO deal?[/quote]

:D Yep, I picked up Deliverance and a Christmas Story for $19.95 shipped. I kept saying I was gonna wait for those to drop to $10 each before I bit on them and then Amazon comes through!! Woo hoo!!

No Xmas deals yet but I'm sure we will do something soon. Just got done with a Major store re-arrangement, still tweaking it some though. So it will be quite different the next time you swing up for a visit.

Have you been to the new BB at River City? I'm not a fan of the way that store is set up at all!!:cry:

Saw this item in the paper, They said they will start clearance markdowns today. Nothing huge but the discounts will get bigger as the weeks go by.
So keep your eyes out.

Anyone in the Southside area selling a PS3 bundle (80 or 60 gig)? I've been trying to find one on Craigslist for quite some time and nothing.

Heading to Fort Lauderdale over Christmas, so if I can't find one here, I'll have to pick one up there :(

[quote name='davidjinfla']Saw this item in the paper, They said they will start clearance markdowns today. Nothing huge but the discounts will get bigger as the weeks go by.
So keep your eyes out.[/QUOTE]

Craptacular... however the target next to the compusa on southside is pretty good, in the far corner of the store near electronics there are some proving grounds LE for $30 and rought galaxy for $20. Yeah wait on the COMPUSA sale unless you are building a computer, in which case you'd be shopping at newegg anyway.

bread's done
Back