Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flybrione']Picked up Okamiden for instore pickup. One of the last DS titles I wanted for my collection.[/QUOTE]

lol

Thank you. I missed this game when I looked over the list before.

Is KZ3's community still alive? I remember I played between from day 1 launch through summer and there wasn't many people playing by the end. KZ2 was the same.

Picked up KZ3 without ordering online first. The in-store display listed the price as $89.99, but it rang up $24.50. the voucher code works fine. Thanks Cheapy!

Dammit. I just pulled the trigger on the Goldeneye Move bundle and the Killzone 3 CE. Hope the Move is fun. Now to find a cheap Dead Space so I can get Extraction.

Did you have to put anything in your cart to get the $10 GC for spending over 100 bucks? I didn't put anything in there but didn't see any indication that the GC mentioned was included.

After waiting about over 10 mins on the phone I gave up and hanged up to check the instock status of Killzone 3 CE!

I was thinking about getting BlazBlue 3DS, so I may get that. I was going to get EDF for PS3 but it's still showing as a pre-order. :(

I went ahead and bit on Alice. I have played it for a few minutes and enjoyed the atmosphere. $20 was my high end price point, but considering it should also come with a code for a remastered edition for the original, I felt it was worth it.

Placed phone order this morning for 2 of the KZ 3: Helghast Edition. Couldn't wait for the pickup email so I went down to the BB to see what was left. Lucky thing I did because there were 4 still sitting on the floor, but 2 of them were boxes beat to hell with the seal stickers removed. The other 2 were a bit beat up but all seal stickers intact. Took those 2 up to the pickup counter (sorry, folks!) and proceeded with my in store pickup order. The girl behind the counter said that she saw the order but wasn't around to pull the items off the floor yet since she was busy with prior in store pickup orders. Thankfully, according to her mine was the first one for the KZ3. As she was ringing me out, another one of the CSRs looked at me with the 2 huge boxes then went to look at the cashier screen (I'm guessing for the price). He then said to the girl behind the counter, "I need you to pull one of these off the floor and hold it after you are done with this transaction" then left.

Dude, hope you don't mind boxes that are already ripped open! Then again, he could always put that 'Inspected by Best Buy' tape on it and call it a day. Hopefully everything is still in the box.

So for once, my impatience has paid off. One gift for me, one gift for the nephews at Xmas!

[quote name='Yanksfan']I went ahead and bit on Alice. I have played it for a few minutes and enjoyed the atmosphere. $20 was my high end price point, but considering it should also come with a code for a remastered edition for the original, I felt it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

OMG it comes with a code :hot:

Ordered my copy of KZ3 HE this morning and an hour later it was ready for pickup at my store. Just came home from picking it up and the box I got was clearly beat to shit. I asked the guy about it and was told it was their last copy, so tough luck. Got it home and aside from the game being wedged between some pages of the art book (seriously, why were they free-floating?), everything was mint.

Just a heads up to anyone picking this up as a gift.

[quote name='Temidien']Ordered my copy of KZ3 HE this morning and an hour later it was ready for pickup at my store. Just came home from picking it up and the box I got was clearly beat to shit. I asked the guy about it and was told it was their last copy, so tough luck. Got it home and aside from the game being wedged between some pages of the art book (seriously, why were they free-floating?), everything was mint.

Just a heads up to anyone picking this up as a gift.[/QUOTE]

Thats what im sain... I ordered 4:xx AM!! still no email for ready to pick up...

Picked my KZ3:HE up with in-store pick up at the store in Mansfield, MA. They have a stack of about 5 left, price tag on top shows $89.99 but I'm sure it will ring up as $24.50.

Thanks CheapyD, went to Best Buy in Gainesville, VA. Picked up KZ3: HE (said that was their last one, who knows) and The Tomb Raider Trilogy.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I was thinking about getting BlazBlue 3DS, so I may get that. I was going to get EDF for PS3 but it's still showing as a pre-order. :([/QUOTE]

I ordered EDF PS3 along with Alice PS3 around 8am. My email confirmation listed EDF as "pre-order" but when I check the order status now it's listed as "shipping in 0-1 days" so I think as long as you don't do store pick up you're good with EDF. The webpage must not have ever been updated for some reason. Best Buy's website isn't the greatest anyway. Hopefully I'll get an email shipping confirmation tonight to verify.

Thanks for this heads up. Don't need to buy/call/order online or anything, I just walked in the store and was able to buy 1 of the last 2 boxes sitting there. Like the others have said.. it rings up as $24.50.

FYI, for those with a Chase rewards card you can purchase KZ3 from Best Buy for in store pickup for 1,875 points (equivalent of $18.75) if you purchase through the rewards website.

Your order is ready for pickup‏!

finally........... hu.. They didn't cancel my order...

now my problem is ... How am i take three boxes of KZ..

i remember was not heavy but..

Well I ordered a KZ3 online. Said it wasn't available for shipping but then let me order it with shipping so guess we'll see.

[quote name='robin2099']Well I ordered a KZ3 online. Said it wasn't available for shipping but then let me order it with shipping so guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

I got samething last time.. They just let me do order than.. sent me canceled or back-order email.........

[quote name='otakuseth']Has anyone that ordered this to be shipped to them received a shipping confirmation yet? >

Found 2 KZ:HE today. One had the back sticker off and one looked pretty good - all stickers intact. Went ahead and picked up one for the hell of it. Thank you Kinect Adventures for the credit ;)

Best Buy has been awesome this year. Got 1 of 2 Killzone:HE left at the San Diego Best Buy. They even had it advertised it for $24.50, appropriately. When I checked out, the sales person had to double take on the price it popped on the register. He said he's thinking of getting one at that price, so it may be gone now.

[quote name='coopx']i havent recieve any email regarding my order from best buy, but according to my bestbuy account the item cannot be canceled anymore cuz its already in process for shipments. So i propably will be recieving the tracking/invoice email tom.[/QUOTE]

That is what my order status says also. Been like that all day. Never ordered anything from BestBuy.com so wasn't sure.

[quote name='otakuseth']That is what my order status says also. Been like that all day. Never ordered anything from BestBuy.com so wasn't sure.[/QUOTE]

if you ordered it a while ago while its still available for shipping. Then i think your good. Just wait for the invoice with tracking number tom.

Damn. Wished I had seen the Chase thing sooner, what else am I going to use those points for. Same with Reward Zone, turns out my account from 5 years ago was never activated. So after all of that I had zero points.

Ah well. I swear I need to delete my CAG account. Anyone else notice that we spend more money at the end of it because of all these deals we find? Getting through this backlog will be a quest, and Bulletstorm and KZ3 have joined the party.

Ordered Earth Defense Force. One for me on the PS3, and one for the 360 as a present for my dad.

On the PS3 one it says preorder yet the date is like 7/5/2011. Oh well, hopefully it comes in :lol:. I got the free shipping on it, and would rather not go out to best buy this week for store pickup.

Thanks Cheapy.

[quote name='slowdive21']It was expired, then they reactivated and extended it for a month after expiration from complaints, and now it seems to work indefinitely.[/QUOTE]

FML...I picked this up right after the codes expired and I have no idea where I put the vouchers...dammit...:bomb:

During lunch I stopped by a Best Buy that showed the Helghast edition as available. They had 4.

Bought:

:ps3: KZ3 Helghast Edition
:ps3: EDF
:ps3: Alice (last one they had)
:ps3: The Shoot

... all for $72 including tax.

So glad I passed on the vanilla KZ3 at $30 last week.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey if I do in store pick up option today could I pick it up tommorow ?[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's what I did with Bulletstorm.

BTW, I have to say that I feel like a damn nerd having this in my room, but that helmet is pretty sick looking. Love all the DLC too. A STEAL at $25.

[quote name='Sonne']Yep. That's what I did with Bulletstorm.

BTW, I have to say that I feel like a damn nerd having this in my room, but that helmet is pretty sick looking. Love all the DLC too. A STEAL at $25.[/QUOTE]

Awsome ! I'm Considering putting the helmet on one side of my tv and finding a cheap halo 3 legendary edition used and put the master chief helmet on the other side. I'll also put the hellghast sniper on top of my game case to protect my games lol

Hmm, so i ordered a KZ3 from local Bestbuy in the morning. Got notice that they couldn't find it.

Ordered it again in afternoon from same location, and got a Ready for Pickup email. Haven't gone yet, but hoping its not the regular edition as a screwup.

[quote name='midorix']Best Buy has been awesome this year. Got 1 of 2 Killzone:HE left at the San Diego Best Buy. They even had it advertised it for $24.50, appropriately. When I checked out, the sales person had to double take on the price it popped on the register. He said he's thinking of getting one at that price, so it may be gone now.[/QUOTE]
Which Best Buy in San Diego did you go to?

My local store is sold out of the Tomb Raider trilogy and another store has one but cannot find it.

Would someone please grab one for me at their local stores? I even went to walmart as I know they would pricematch for me but they don't carry it anymore.

Im so damn weak...after passing on Alice online I picked it up instore when I was there.....along with Tomb Raider Trilogy and Rock Band Country 2

Backlog just grows more and more massive....

So I just got an email saying the KZ3 I ordered earlier this morning was on backorder, but they expect it in 1-2 weeks. The only experience I have had with a Best Buy backorder was bad, but has anyone else had a positive experience? I really don't want to drive 47 miles to the nearest BB that has one in stock.... the gas would kind of negate the deal.

bread's done
Back