Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI don't touch Dissidia 1 as once you beat the campaign in Dissidia 2, you unlock the original campaign on the disk w/ all the improvements to gameplay Dissidia 2 made.

My Battlefield 3 LE Edition arrived a couple of days ago. If I didn't like Bad Company 2 and prefer the COD type shooter, would I like BF 3? If not I may sell it before the value goes down by opening it.

My coworker ordered killzone 3 HE x 2 ..and he got the ready mail..

Hit the BB store today but they only hold ONE..

Just Before he got mad they offer 50% for one and

25$ BB giftcard..

and they refund 40.xx for his credit card. Even he paid 53.xx for both with BB GC;;

Great love story..

I was able to pick up the last copy of both KZ3 and Tomb Raider Trilogy off the shelf this afternoon. Good deal.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']My Battlefield 3 LE Edition arrived a couple of days ago. If I didn't like Bad Company 2 and prefer the COD type shooter, would I like BF 3? If not I may sell it before the value goes down by opening it.[/QUOTE]
I'll be honest with you, I'm a huge fan of the BF series since BF 1942. Many people didn't like Bad Company series, but I really liked BC2 (So our opinions already differ here). Infact I prefer it over all the other games, paid full price and I'm glad I did since it was well worth it.

Now, having tried BF3's Alpha, Beta & Retail. I honestly felt it... well, disappointed. IRNV makes killing way too easy, and although BF3 aimed for 'realism'. (Meaning you no longer were a bullet sponge and would have to actually duck, and make a strategy otherwise you'd die in two hits.) This is good and all, but many players just pansy around looking for kills instead of doing objectives. Maps also feel tighter, due to too many small tight corridors (COD style) compared to the bigger open environments that BF is known for.

The last disappointing thing, is how squads work in this game compared to BF3. It's a mess, I also wish the browser would actually be integrated into Origin instead of a web browser.

All in all, BF3 is getting cheaper real fast. (Which is what I figured, since BC2 got real cheap. In a year you could buy it on Steam for $6.99 for Vietnam + BC2). BF3 is the flagship of the BF series, but it's already had several sales below the $40 price point. Yeah, give it a few months and you'll easily find it below $25.

My experience comes from the PC version though, so can't really say how the console versions feel.

damn it seems killzone heman edition is only available for store pickup. i want it but not bad enough to drive 45 mins to get it. maybe next time you beautiful beast.

Anyone order online and not get their order shipped yet? Ordered EDF:IA for PS3 and Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 and it still hasn't shipped...

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Anyone order online and not get their order shipped yet? Ordered EDF:IA for PS3 and Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 and it still hasn't shipped...[/QUOTE]

I ordered KZ3 on 11/28 and it is still showing in process. I ordered quite a few items last week and they shipped same day.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Anyone order online and not get their order shipped yet? Ordered EDF:IA for PS3 and Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 and it still hasn't shipped...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='czissis']I ordered KZ3 on 11/28 and it is still showing in process. I ordered quite a few items last week and they shipped same day.[/QUOTE]

My order hasn't shipped either.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I kinda doubt it,but down the road i'd imagine it'd still be worth more than $24.50[/QUOTE]

Just decided to pass, and be happy with what I have. Hopefully someone else in the area realizes the deal is on-line and is able to pick up the KZ3 CE for that price because it is quite the deal.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI don't touch Dissidia 1 as once you beat the campaign in Dissidia 2, you unlock the original campaign on the disk w/ all the improvements to gameplay Dissidia 2 made.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Wish I knew this a few days ago. The order is already in process. Oh well...it's only $10. I hope somebody else will see this BEFORE ordering though. Thanks.

My games still haven't shipped from Best Buy, either. I was all set to give them high marks for their Black Friday weekend sales, but I'm gonna have to mark them down for being turtle slow with processing these orders.

many of my last week orders haven't shipped. Best buy is slow as crap. Last year some of my stuff arrived after christmas. this year they're at least guaranteeing that.

My helghast edition hasn't shipped either. Seeing as how batman shipped in less than 36 hours during the hectic black friday, I'm thinking they don't have enough. If that's the case what happens next, they just refund our money?

Has anyone's KZ3 HE even shipped yet? I know this a busy part of the season but i find it kind of ridiculous they already charged my account and you can't even cancel an order because it is supposedly "In Process". It's been "In Process" since this deal went live basically. 3:30 AM EST Monday. I put in an order with Amazon yesterday and it should be here Saturday with free super shipping...BB won this year easily with prices, nothing else. Bleh

[quote name='otakuseth']Has anyone's KZ3 HE even shipped yet? I know this a busy part of the season but i find it kind of ridiculous they already charged my account and you can't even cancel an order because it is supposedly "In Process". It's been "In Process" since this deal went live basically. 3:30 AM EST Monday. I put in an order with Amazon yesterday and it should be here Saturday with free super shipping...BB won this year easily with prices, nothing else. Bleh[/QUOTE]

ordered mine like 2 days ago amd it still in Process, might have to call them later for the status of the order. I have this feeling that its backordered.

This is seriously ruining any chance of me ordering from BestBuy ever again...I have orders from over a week ago that still are "in process" all my Amazon orders from Thanksgiving/Black Friday arrived Monday evening.

Apologies if this is not the proper place to post this, but I picked up my copy of the Helghast edition today (I did an in store pick up).

This thing is huge and while the helmet is awesome, I have no place to keep it as I move around the country a lot and won't be able to take it with me eventually.

If anyone is interested in just the helmet (I want to keep the game and art book), I would like to sell it.

Also, I have another copy for in store pick up at another Best Buy (I wanted to cover my bases) which I intend to cancel. Unless someone on here would like me to pick it up for them. But keep in mind, it's a big box so shipping won't be cheap and it might not be much of a deal for you in the end. But if you're interested, let me know.

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Thanks

[quote name='Dominick331']This is seriously ruining any chance of me ordering from BestBuy ever again...I have orders from over a week ago that still are "in process" all my Amazon orders from Thanksgiving/Black Friday arrived Monday evening.[/QUOTE]
I ordered three games on the 21st. Two showed up today and the third appears to be lost. Tracker says it's been sitting at the USPS sort facility for 5 days now.

I picked up a copy of both Tomb Raider Trilogy($9.50 and no longer listed on the BB website, last one at my closest store too) and Alice: Madness Returns($19.50, they had a ton of these) today at my closest BB. The copy of TRT was the last one in stock, but they had TONS of Alice.

Hell of a deal.

I also asked the gaming supervisor about the KZ3 HGE and he said they had ONE in stock, but someone picked it up via in-store pickup order, yet the system hadn't updated yet to show it's OOS. Oh well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up a copy of both Tomb Raider Trilogy($9.50 and no longer listed on the BB website, last one at my closest store too) and Alice: Madness Returns($19.50, they had a ton of these) today at my closest BB. The copy of TRT was the last one in stock, but they had TONS of Alice.

Hell of a deal.

I also asked the gaming supervisor about the KZ3 HGE and he said they had ONE in stock, but someone picked it up via in-store pickup order, yet the system hadn't updated yet to show it's OOS. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how that would even be possible, since the bb website automatically shows UNAVAILABLE for store pickup when a store's inventory drops below 3 copies.

Picked mine up from BB today and I was surprised that other than the top of the box, everything was in great condition.

It did seem like everything was poorly packed in it though. Both the game and book were loose and the action figure thrown in the box like an afterthought. There was a ton of unused space in the box and the helmet didn't even seem like it fit properly in the box. The game was sealed and the box had all it's factory seals on it so It definitely hasn't been opened. But after seeing how well packed the CE editions of Halo have been, I was surprised how poorly they would pack this.

But at least everything was still in great condition. What sucks is I now have to hand it over to my wife along with the Goldeneye bundle so she can wrap it for x-mas. She sucks at gifts so I typically buy what I want and then just let her give it to me. Damn...4 more weeks. I did open it though to make sure everything was there and to go ahead and download the DLC.

I called bby earlier today about my kz3 that I ordered on the 26th that still shows in process and they told me it shipped on the 28th. I never gotten a shipment confrimation or a tracking number. Take it for what it's worth...

i picked a Killzone up today in store. last one they had left. Thinking of ordering one for a friend for an xmas gift but id need it before December 17th. Pondering on if I should order it or not.

this is ridiculous. finally 1/5 orders i got today. the rest are backordered. why do they sell things they don't have in stock? this is just bad business. they may have better deals this BF but i'm sticking to amazon strictly for BF next year. such a hassle.

[quote name='Evolved']I ordered three games on the 21st. Two showed up today and the third appears to be lost. Tracker says it's been sitting at the USPS sort facility for 5 days now.[/QUOTE]
It's official, third game was lost in the mail. They're resending it.

My KZ3CE is still pending on my CC and I ordered it on the 28th. Still saying in Process and Bulletstorm I ordered on the 27th for the PS3 is still saying in process but the pending charge dropped off my credit card.

I did receive my UC3 that I got on BF today so in a week which is about the same as Amazon FSS for me.

Though I never have had a problem with Amazon with processing orders. I have a funny feeling they can't fill these orders. Why not just reverse the pending charges and send out a letter they couldn't fulfill. I might try to venture to my local BB and see if they have them in stock.

Best Buy is frustrating place to order from as the last two times I did store pickup they didn't even have my item set aside.

I got the last one in my area by in store pickup.. shipping was not available when I ordered two days ago so don't know how you all got it shipped.. but doesn't seem like you're getting them either which might explain why.. But the game itself is selling for $39.99 and the Helghast edition is $24.50 haha

THANKS TO THE OP for posting this one.. one helluva deal for the game itself is worth the $24.50.. already have the game.. and the more rare "Limited Helghast Edition" with the light up eyes. But picked this one up couldn't pass up the deal. Will probably give it to my godson so I can kick his ass on multiplayer haha

Well I finally got a response from BB CS on my order for KZ3

I am showing that the order is currently in the status of being fulfilled for shipment. The order should ship within the next couple of days. Once the order ships you will be notified via email and provided a tracking number.

Well that makes me happy since I was one of the few that got in the deal late on the day it was posted.

[quote name='boredasfook']Well I finally got a response from BB CS on my order for KZ3

Well that makes me happy since I was one of the few that got in the deal late on the day it was posted.[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind me asking how long did it take for you to get a response? I'm still waiting for a response to the email I sent about my Halo Reach Limited being backordered.

There is no shipping for this, only to store. Looks like it is OOS & good luck getting it with an in store pickup.

[quote name='brutalny']There is no shipping for this, only to store. Looks like it is OOS & good luck getting it with an in store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's also the same price in-store (regardless of what it is marked), so if you can find one, you can get this sweet price with no type of override necessary.

[quote name='destro4eva']Is the super DLC voucher inside the game case or somewhere else in the box?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Inside the game from what I've read.[/QUOTE]

I opened one today - definitely inside the case!

Has anyone redeemed the code today, though? I want to make sure they are still good after Dec. 1st (you never know - could have expired Nov. 30th). I'm trying to sell it and the game separately and plan to give the other contents to my son for Christmas to add to his (mostly Halo) game figure collection.

We already had the game and the super voucher seems pretty useless for our use, so no need even keeping that. If I can get $10 for it, I'll be happy.

bread's done
Back