Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Has 3 PS3's and plays in SD? Good lord, I always wondered why he is the most picked at person on these boards. Guess I know now.

I personally can never play again in SD.[/QUOTE]

He has an Acer monitor that he got for $60-something at Target awhile ago, so he does play in HD. I think he's mentioned it once or twice.

[quote name='salty tbone']He has an Acer monitor that he got for $60-something at Target awhile ago, so he does play in HD. I think he's mentioned it once or twice.[/QUOTE]

Well at least his forum name fits, those monitors are so terrible.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']The difference between 720 and 1080 is very small yes, but the difference between 720p HD and SD are huge. Fun fact, very few games run in 1080p native anyway.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, thanks.

Wait, he got an Acer HDTV for $60? How big was it? Damn.

I don't care if it's crap, that's still not bad.

Edit: I really need to get that sucker fixed, but let's stay on-topic.

Hey Josh, does K-mart do electronic repairs? Lol.

I was stubborn and rocked a 32 inch CRT Sony Wega will last summer, and finally got a bigger HD model. Unbelievable difference, makes every game look better and some stunning.

To keep it on topic, CANNOT WAIT to hear the Child of Eden / Dungeon Siege 3 deals! And man, 100 dollar PS3 coupons for a select few. Crazy.

E3 is gonna be big this year. I'm sure a lot of the deals have to be announced after it happens. More games and hardware this year than has been for a while.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
Edit: I prefer fat TVs because the kids would probably topple/break a thin one and I've got a really old/giant TV as a base for it.[/QUOTE]

Wall mount it?

Also, it depends on the distance as well. 1080p becomes pointless generally under ~40".

[quote name='BobbyTastic']My thinking is (trying to have a corporate viewpoint) is that Dynasty Warriors 7 is the 7th entry in a big-selling franchise (which is overrated IMO) that'll do well just because of the name attached, but DW: Gundam 3 is the 3rd game in a smaller sub-series of that big-selling franchise that's focused on giant robots, which is a tad more niche. I don't even think they have copies of the 2nd game, and I've only found 1 copy of the 1st in Clearance.

Edit: Still haven't made the jump to HDTV yet, but I haven't bought a PS3 either (I really feel like HDTV is a pre-requisite for owning a PS3 =/), so IATCG confuses me too.[/QUOTE]
Dynasty Warriors has sold much better than Gundam traditionally. DW7 isn't exactly a barn burner but by taking it in it allowed me to take Quantum Theory way down in price.

[quote name='elessar123']Wall mount it?

Also, it depends on the distance as well. 1080p becomes pointless generally under ~40".[/QUOTE]

The set up in my living room/house doesn't allow that, sadly. The wall behind where the TV is houses a window that holds the AC. Also, I wouldn't wanna waste that fossil TV I have, since it's only being used as the TV's base atm.

@Josh

That's more or less what I thought, thanks. Maybe the Gundam fans'll understand now.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Sure did, "Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time." There was no grey area at all here, what is there to question there?

Seems like something silly to argue over, multiple sources reported before they announced it, ATLUS wasn't going to bring it to the west, pretty common knowledge to those that followed the title.

Seems like you just feel like arguing.[/QUOTE]

Again...there is an xbox version. And they had been teasing it for months, read the quote again. Its pretty obviously tongue in cheek.

That quote was 6 days before they announced it, quit being dense.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']The difference between 720 and 1080 is very small yes, but the difference between 720p HD and SD are huge. Fun fact, very few games run in 1080p native anyway.[/QUOTE]

:headache:

That's not an easy statement to make. The difference is significant enough to justify why your second sentence is truth. But before jumping into technical jargon that serves no real purpose I'll decide to refrain and just add this anecdote to that post reflecting it's current opinion.

[quote name='caponesgun']:headache:

That's not an easy statement to make. The difference is significant enough to justify why your second sentence is truth. But before jumping into technical jargon that serves no real purpose I'll decide to refrain and just add this anecdote to that post reflecting it's current opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the other poster... Both in practice, and in theory. Going from SD to 720p is a minimum of a three-fold increase in pixels. Six, if you are taking about 480i instead of 480p. Add to that, going from CRT to LCD (or plasma), a different technology. Add to that, if using 30 fps instead of 60.

Going from 720p to 1080p is a 2.25 increase in pixels. The technology also remains the same -- LCD to LCD. The frame rate remains the same as well.

Add to that, most sources are only 720p. Except for the rare game, or watching bluray movies, and the rare tv program, you're displaying 720p data on a 1280p screen.

So yes, I would say the other poster's comment was closer to fact than opinion.

[quote name='elessar123']I agree with the other poster... Both in practice, and in theory. Going from SD to 720p is a minimum of a three-fold increase in pixels. Six, if you are taking about 480i instead of 480p. Add to that, going from CRT to LCD (or plasma), a different technology. Add to that, if using 30 fps instead of 60.

Going from 720p to 1080p is a 2.25 increase in pixels. The technology also remains the same -- LCD to LCD. The frame rate remains the same as well.

Add to that, most sources are only 720p. Except for the rare game, or watching bluray movies, and the rare tv program, you're displaying 720p data on a 1280p screen.

So yes, I would say the other poster's comment was closer to fact than opinion.[/QUOTE]

^ Seconded, and don't you mean 1080p and not 1280p? Unless I'm behind in technology.

Once we have behemoth TVs, or more sources in 1080p, the difference'll mean more. Isn't the 3D on the 3DS only possible because of increased resolution?

Edit: In before "THIS IS INCREDIBLY OFF-TOPIC".

On-topic point -> In terms of B+M stores, do you think K-mart is "re"-expanding? (I say re-expanding because I feel like the store count has diminished in recent times.)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']^ Seconded, and don't you mean 1080p and not 1280p? Unless I'm behind in technology.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Got confused cause of doing math, 1280x720.

All of these posts because I wanted to add an asterisk to his post! Sorry! I'm a perfectionist and there is enough of a difference for me to warrant stating such...but I watch of my movies in 1080p so I would and have noticed when it's 720 instead.

But then again I'm watching movies almost weekly and on a large HD screen/projector combo :cool:

[quote name='Chainsaw_charlie']Any offer on SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that is!

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 19 second :wave::boxing:

[quote name='biledriver']And yet you can't see why people don't get why you haven't bought an HDTV yet? A 4th PS3 just because it's a good price? I don't get that logic and I don't think most people do.

Honestly not criticizing you, I just can never understand why you never get why people just don't understand how you think.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Has 3 PS3's and plays in SD? Good lord, I always wondered why he is the most picked at person on these boards. Guess I know now.

I personally can never play again in SD.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='BobbyTastic']That's what I thought, thanks.

Wait, he got an Acer HDTV for $60? How big was it? Damn.

I don't care if it's crap, that's still not bad.

Edit: I really need to get that sucker fixed, but let's stay on-topic.

Hey Josh, does K-mart do electronic repairs? Lol.[/QUOTE]
Actually it was an Acer 21.5" monitor, which I got for 75% off($40) from Target. It has both an HDMI port and a DVI w/ HDCP port on it, so if I wanted to I could buy a DVI to HDMI convertor n plug in a second HD device to it.

It has kinda weak speakers to it, but for the price I'm happy with it.;)

[quote name='Chainsaw_charlie']Any offer on SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked?[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that this title is too niche for kmart.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually it was an Acer 21.5" monitor, which I got for 75% off($40) from Target. It has both an HDMI port and a DVI w/ HDCP port on it, so if I wanted to I could buy a DVI to HDMI convertor n plug in a second HD device to it.

It has kinda weak speakers to it, but for the price I'm happy with it.;)[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with you there, damn.

And some of us don't have super-cool projector set-ups in which to enjoy 1080p, jeez. :p

I am actually serious about my previous question to Josh though. I used to have a K-mart nearby in the Haunted Lot (because any business that's there, fails, aside from a small OfficeMax due to ridiculous rent prices). but since that went out of business, I have to drive 30 minutes each way.

Generally if no one has any idea what game you're talking about, K-mart's not going to carry it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually it was an Acer 21.5" monitor, which I got for 75% off($40) from Target. It has both an HDMI port and a DVI w/ HDCP port on it, so if I wanted to I could buy a DVI to HDMI convertor n plug in a second HD device to it.

It has kinda weak speakers to it, but for the price I'm happy with it.;)[/QUOTE]I am assuming that you are talking about using the DVI port for your second HD device? That means that you would need to order an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. Otherwise, you'd be spending money on a useless adapter.

[quote name='robodaddyo']I am assuming that you are talking about using the DVI port for your second HD device? That means that you would need to order an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. Otherwise, you'd be spending money on a useless adapter.[/QUOTE]
:razz: Errrr whatever. But thanks for correcting that. I likely will never use the port, but it's nice to know I could just buy an adapter and get some use outta it that way.;)

[quote name='caponesgun']All of these posts because I wanted to add an asterisk to his post! Sorry! I'm a perfectionist and there is enough of a difference for me to warrant stating such...but I watch of my movies in 1080p so I would and have noticed when it's 720 instead.

But then again I'm watching movies almost weekly and on a large HD screen/projector combo :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we were talking about gaming not movies.

I agree on the movies, have to watch in 1080p and on blu ray, I cant watch a normal DVD anymore, just cant do it, even upscaled.

Have a 60" in my living room and bedroom, only proper way to do it!

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yes, but we were talking about gaming not movies.

I agree on the movies, have to watch in 1080p and on blu ray, I cant watch a normal DVD anymore, just cant do it, even upscaled.

Have a 60" in my living room and bedroom, only proper way to do it![/QUOTE]

Lemme worry about fixing this free TV, and getting a Blu-Ray player/PS3 first.

Limited edition of Hot Pursuit, where?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Got my gift card today, thanks Josh! Gonna combine it with my LA Noire coupon to get the limited edition of Hot Pursuit for $10, wooo![/QUOTE]

I didn't! :cry:

Not that it matters, it's going to sit until at least 6/7 for Infamous 2. If not that, NCAA '12. So, almost 30 days.

[quote name='caponesgun']I didn't! :cry:

Not that it matters, it's going to sit until at least 6/7 for Infamous 2. If not that, NCAA '12. So, almost 30 days.[/QUOTE]

The GameStop here had a demo of inFamous 2 in when I went to flip crap I bought at BlockBuster and man, game is going to be so fun and looks beautiful.

[quote name='caponesgun']EDIT: Me was wrong. Oops.

/sigh[/QUOTE]

Really? LOL, I quoted you as soon as you edited your post. -_-

http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Pursuit-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B004HGFZYO

^ Good job.

Gotta say LEs that come mostly with early access to in-game stuff, suck. At least you're getting 2 exclusive cars though, are they DLC yet?

Edit: Looked for myself, doesn't seem to be there. Why do racing games have soooo much DLC? Jeez. Most of it is probably in those packs they have on there, it's so confusing. At least Forza 3 didn't have the single cars available to confuse everyone.

Edit 2: The LE released at the same price as the SE, nevermind about it sucking. The Wikipedia article confuses the hell out of me though. Think I got it now. Free DLC is nice, that's what that 1.2 update is all about. But of course they have to release "Timesaver" DLC which costs money, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my gift card today too. Thanks josh! Not sure what i'll use it on, waiting on reviews for a lot of the upcoming titles.

For those who know more about HD stuff, if I were to get some sort of monitor for my PS3 during the upcoming 25K SYWR promo, how would something like this be deal/quality-wise? Yay or nay?

[quote name='jer7583']Got my gift card today too. Thanks josh! Not sure what i'll use it on, waiting on reviews for a lot of the upcoming titles.[/QUOTE]

If you have a PS3 and do not get infamous 2 despite Josh giving you a giftcard I will come and personally inflict a weapon seen in Infamous 2 on you.

YOU HEAR ME?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Really? LOL, I quoted you as soon as you edited your post. -_-

^ Good job.

Gotta say LEs that come mostly with early access to in-game stuff, suck. At least you're getting 2 exclusive cars though, are they DLC yet?

Edit: Looked for myself, doesn't seem to be there. Why do racing games have soooo much DLC? Jeez. Most of it is probably in those packs they have on there, it's so confusing. At least Forza 3 didn't have the single cars available to confuse everyone.

Edit 2: The LE released at the same price as the SE, nevermind about it sucking. The Wikipedia article confuses the hell out of me though. Think I got it now. Free DLC is nice, that's what that 1.2 update is all about.[/QUOTE]

yeah, when I skimmed to see if there was a difference I was befuddled so I edited it before someone corrected me. I could have swore the Hot Pursuit we carried was "Limited Edition".

[quote name='walmart.com']
Need for Speed for Xbox 360, Hot Pursuit:
  • Get the Edge Day 1 Pre-order Need for Speed Hot Pursuit today to secure your copy of the Limited Edition, giving you EXCLUSIVE access to the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and the Ford Shelby GT500. You'll also receive instant access to four locked vehicles right out of the box: the Porsche Cayman S, the Dodge Challenger SRT8, the Audi TT RS Coupe and the Chevrolet Camaro SS.
[/quote]

Derp. I thought it was..BECAUSE IT WAS. Jeez. I need to trust my memory more.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Lemme worry about fixing this free TV, and getting a Blu-Ray player/PS3 first.

Limited edition of Hot Pursuit, where?[/QUOTE]

There's a K-Mart in southern CA that has like 10 copies of it.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Really? LOL, I quoted you as soon as you edited your post. -_-

^ Good job.

Edit 2: The LE released at the same price as the SE, nevermind about it sucking. The Wikipedia article confuses the hell out of me though. Think I got it now. Free DLC is nice, that's what that 1.2 update is all about. But of course they have to release "Timesaver" DLC which costs money, too.[/QUOTE]

The reason I'm interested is because it does have exclusive cars that are not yet DLC, and more importantly, it's the same price as the regular edition, so I might as well get it.

[quote name='caponesgun']yeah, when I skimmed to see if there was a difference I was befuddled so I edited it before someone corrected me. I could have swore the Hot Pursuit we carried was "Limited Edition".[/QUOTE]

The first run were all Limited Edition copies but either they didn't print as many as say Dead Space 2 or Medal of Honor or the game sold a lot more cause I don't really see them around any more.

[quote name='caponesgun']yeah, when I skimmed to see if there was a difference I was befuddled so I edited it before someone corrected me. I could have swore the Hot Pursuit we carried was "Limited Edition".[/QUOTE]

They might have done what they did with BulletStorm's Epic Edition, first wave of release being LE, the rest being SE. Regardless, now I'm curious as to whether or not my K-mart has the LE.

@ Getinmoney662

I see your point, I hadn't heard about it 'till now. Makes perfect sense and I appreciate the information because I've been looking for a new racer title (since all I own is Forza 3, which I barely play) and that looked like the funnest (Blur looked nice too) because I'm generally not into racing simulators (Forza 3/GT5).

It probably sold a lot, it was released in the holiday season, the price is still kinda high and I'm pretty sure the reviews were solid.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']They might have done what they did with BulletStorm's Epic Edition, first wave of release being LE, the rest being SE. Regardless, now I'm curious as to whether or not my K-mart has the LE.[/QUOTE]
My store had one copy that I think someone picked up during the 60/120 promo. I originally wanted to wait for a price-drop before picking it up. Darn my CAG and OCD tendencies!

[quote name='caponesgun']If you have a PS3 and do not get infamous 2 despite Josh giving you a giftcard I will come and personally inflict a weapon seen in Infamous 2 on you.

YOU HEAR ME?[/QUOTE]

Was really disappointed in the first one, don't play a lot of PS3 games. I actually haven't turned mine on since motorstorm apocalypse came out.. i should stop buying PS3 games..

If the reviews are good enough I'd get it when it's greatest hits.

[quote name='jer7583']Was really disappointed in the first one, don't play a lot of PS3 games. I actually haven't turned mine on since motorstorm apocalypse came out.. i should stop buying PS3 games..

If the reviews are good enough I'd get it when it's greatest hits.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, my PS3 time took a hit when the Homefront fiasco wasted my time. Never again do I trust the internet to buy games! Even if it only cost me like $20 on release day..still. It's trade in value has never been above $30 where I'd send it away so instead it sits sad that it's opened but yet played once!

[quote name='Chainsaw_charlie']Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked for the 3DS[/QUOTE]

I understood "For the 3DS" in that post.

#-o:whee:

[quote name='spam email']
Greetings!
I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your Conformable
Bank Draft of $800.000.00 United States Dollars wait an outstanding payment of $50 USD,but I did not hear
from you since that time

[/quote]

See that guys? I'mma be rich for a one time payment of $50!

[quote name='caponesgun']I understood "For the 3DS" in that post.

#-o:whee:[/QUOTE]

What's "For the Three Dragon Snarls" mean? That's the only thing I didn't understand. ;_;

On-topic: 60/120 = ? God, I'm so out of the loop. And if I had a nickel for everytime being frugal screwed me out of something, I wouldn't need to be so frugal!

Unified Koreans + guerilla difficulity + spicy gopchang jeongol + and an average campaign = disappointment.

Yeah I guess I just prefer 360, PC and portable gaming, and the PS3 is set up in a different room. I just never use it.

[quote name='sadboy']Unified Koreans + guerilla difficulity + spicy gopchang jeongol + and an average campaign = disappointment.[/QUOTE]
I was just about to start this game actually, having borrowed it. I'm not expecting much above Michael Bay-esque shlock, but I may be ok with that. Though I heard the dialogue s so hilariously bad at times I'm kind of hoping it lives up to its less than stellar reputation.

Regarding the monitor you linked, it doesn't look half bad. Asus monitors are decent, and the specs look ok for that price range, AFAIK. It lacks connectivity options though. No HDMI, no component. It's strictly a monitor, so if you wanted to hook up gaming devices, you'd have to buy cables that output in either DVI or VGA.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I guess I just prefer 360, PC and portable gaming, and the PS3 is set up in a different room. I just never use it.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat. I don't know what it says about my PS3 that the game I've most recently played on it in months is an HD collection of PS2 platforming games that came out 6-7+ years ago.

me too!!!!! i loved infamous and even with the character changes in 2 i cant wait june 7 is my Birthday and im gonna buy it for myself / probably the only gift im gonna get / God i feel pathetic :fridge:

Just edited the OP and fix a lot of the game titles, as they were either wrong or missing words or subtitles to the title. I'm kinda OCD about that crap. XD

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not from a new release standpoint at least, anything you think is missing?[/QUOTE]

Well, I am planning on picking up Duke Nukem Forever, Alice, Fear 3 and Dungeon Siege 3 and I will most likely get all or most of them on PC since I just built a new rig. I was hoping K-Mart would carry the PC versions of at least a couple of those so I could keep the coupon train going.

We are only a week away and still no infamous 2 deal announced? I understand some secrecy because of fear of price matching but doesn't it become counter productive since casual buyers who just check in once in awhile see no definite $ amount and just forget about kmart as an option.

Plus there seems to be more "excitement" in the air when we know what the deals are.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Do the coupons work towards headsets? I'm thinking of using the LA Noire $20 coupon towards a PS3 headset.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this, any help GUYS? :whistle2:k

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back