Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will have this deal but it will be for select SYWR members. I will NOT be taking requests for the offer. If someone gets an email about it via SYWR definitely act fast. Most likely at the end of June. I have no further details to share at this time[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that there will be problems...

I hope you clarify why these select SYWR members are chosen as I'm sure there will be a loud group of people whining that they spent X amount of money in K-Mart stores but did not receive the coupon. It happened in the GS thread so I kind of expect it to occur here as well. Then again CAGs tend to have a negative perspective about GS and are much more vocal about their opinions about the store.

Or perhaps you can just say these SYWR members are selected randomly?

But yeah, I'm patiently waiting to see what happens during E3. Add this potential offer in the mix and shit will get really interesting.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely my fault.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say that, these things just happen on forums. The trick is to ride it out, and everything settles back down and refocuses after a while. It's kind of like a fire that grows and burns itself out. Besides, I wasn't critiquing, just making light of it is all. Personally, I love theological and political debate, which makes for very interesting and heated conversations with friends at times.

And I used it as an excuse to use the word "begat," which personally, I think should be used far more often. Archaic language? Man, I am all up in those cat's pajamas.

[quote name='caponesgun']He's afraid of people like me who can use the Patriot Act to get card-based information relatively easily. It started off at libraries but now it has been expanded into things like grocery cards and the like to track activities to see if certain people are existing in the same databases and why.

Or he's just hating physical cards, not realizing the number always works as well :cool:[/QUOTE]

No, it's just their emphasis on getting as many addy's as possible doesn't seem like it's going to a good cause. I don't support spam. Even in my junk box, it's only given out to reasonable places/sites. Physical cards, sorta. I only have 2. I mean Kmart went from nothing to great by offering coupons. Now they ask for your life story to get a couple bucks off a game, and since the last time (in the fall I think) I haven't gone back.

Is there going to be a Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (360 version) $20 dollar coupon in the future? Amazon has nothing of the sort yet and I would love to get this game.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will have this deal but it will be for select SYWR members. I will NOT be taking requests for the offer. If someone gets an email about it via SYWR definitely act fast. Most likely at the end of June. I have no further details to share at this time[/QUOTE]

I hope I don't get that e-mail. I really don't feel like buying another PS3.

:pray: Here's to hoping Sony price drops the console by $100 and this offer mentioned here is just a straight up $100 off dealie and not a gc/coupon.:razz: ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:pray: Here's to hoping Sony price drops the console by $100 and this offer mentioned here is just a straight up $100 off dealie and not a gc/coupon.:razz: ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that the e-mail is sent to people that have spent significant money at Kmart (i.e. Bronze/Silver/Gold members) and not just randomly sent because then you will have an influx of people signing up for a 100 different SYWR accounts in hopes to randomly get that e-mail

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There shouldn't be much of any guide presence out there, at last that I know of.[/QUOTE]

Even though the margins on those guides are so high I am so sick of seeing them in stores. I used to think about it a lot working at gamecrazy and having to throw out/tear covers off hundreds of those books.

I consider them a huge environmental waste - all those millions of glossy printed pages are never going to be recycled. And the way that they will make a guide for anything - sports game, racing game, puzzle game, whatever - it's just gross.

I think kmart should take a stance against guides for environmental reasons. You see so many of them stacked on shelves of every other retailer and you know 9/10 of those books are getting thrown out after the publisher doesn't want them on the shelf anymore..

It's so hypocritical that companies like Ubisoft and EA are "removing manuals to save the environment" and using flimsy eco-cases when it's an item that costs them extra to produce the game, but when it comes to these high-markup guide books that they produce in partnership with prima or brady or whatever, they're all for wasting hundreds of pages on poorly written text and large screenshots of already too-obvious game puzzles.

Maybe a part of this new kmartgamer would be a user created "guides" section since, you know, we have this thing that makes excessive paper waste unnecessary these days..

Sorry for the rant, it's just one of those things..

[quote name='caponesgun']He's afraid of people like me who can use the Patriot Act to get card-based information relatively easily. It started off at libraries but now it has been expanded into things like grocery cards and the like to track activities to see if certain people are existing in the same databases and why.

Or he's just hating physical cards, not realizing the number always works as well :cool:[/QUOTE]

Being able to cross reference buying habits, food consumption, travel habits, media consumption, etc., etc. gives a hell of lot more insight into a person/family's general habits, health, and (perhaps most importantly?) political ideology than most people realize. And while no one's just randomly looking at data, if they suddenly do have reason to investigate you, or if certain patterns set off red flags, well, there you go.

I have a kmart card to buy games. But i completely understand why some people don't want them. kmart itself isn't going to do anything too nefarious with the data (other than deals), but that's not where the data ends. Of course, if you're using a credit card, then you might as well get the kmart card.

ok. back to la noire.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Was wondering if someone could confirm about the spend 150 dollars and get 25000 sywr points that suppose to happen on sunday and monday? Thank you[/QUOTE]

2znvevk.png

[quote name='CharGP02A']Is there going to be a Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (360 version) $20 dollar coupon in the future? Amazon has nothing of the sort yet and I would love to get this game.[/QUOTE]

Inquiring minds want to know... Josh, please come through with the DW:G3 love!! ;)

[quote name='CAG Trader']No, it's just their emphasis on getting as many addy's as possible doesn't seem like it's going to a good cause. I don't support spam. Even in my junk box, it's only given out to reasonable places/sites. Physical cards, sorta. I only have 2. I mean Kmart went from nothing to great by offering coupons. Now they ask for your life story to get a couple bucks off a game, and since the last time (in the fall I think) I haven't gone back.[/QUOTE]

If your life story is name, phone number, email address, and zip code I would feel sorry. That is literally all you need, and my store at least is now going cardless, so the physical card argument holds no merit.

I saw the same rewards points deal on my receipt when I went in last night to use my $20 off coupon from the L.A. Noire deal. Forgive my ignorance, but are these rewards points actually worth anything? What are they good for? I've accrued over 1000 this year, but I can't figure out if it's good for anything useful.

[quote name='josekortez']I saw the same rewards points deal on my receipt when I went in last night to use my $20 off coupon from the L.A. Noire deal. Forgive my ignorance, but are these rewards points actually worth anything? What are they good for? I've accrued over 1000 this year, but I can't figure out if it's good for anything useful.[/QUOTE]

every thousand pts = $1 so if u decide to redeem them, its like having credit

[quote name='atlantis']Because it is a puzzle-platformer that focuses around issues of intimate relationships. That right there is enough to turn off a majority of Western consumers.

Shadow of the Damned is just about killing stuff and it is more marketed than Catherine.

Catherine wasn't even suppose to be released in the West. Also, Catherine is allegedly insanely hard. It had to be patched. That could also affect sales.[/QUOTE]

Catherine wasn't supposed to be released in the west? Where do you guys get this shit? They had been teasing it forever when they sent out the email. They made an xbox version for christs sake, lol.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not from a new release standpoint at least, anything you think is missing?[/QUOTE]

I can think of two PC titles in June that could be considered. Those being Duke Nukem Forever and Dungeon Siege III. Both have been primarily PC franchises up to this point, so there are those such as myself who plan to play them on PC. That being said, while I do plan on purchasing both, I don't know if either are going to be day one purchases for me.

As for a sale on current PC titles in stock...I have my eye on DA2 to reach a certain price point before purchasing.

Also, I am going to pick up Star Trek Online for $9.99 as a "coupon filler" the next time I need one.

[quote name='cheesebu']Wow. Thats right before they announced it and he didn't deny it at all. Did you even read it?[/QUOTE]

Sure did, "Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time." There was no grey area at all here, what is there to question there?

Seems like something silly to argue over, multiple sources reported before they announced it, ATLUS wasn't going to bring it to the west, pretty common knowledge to those that followed the title.

Seems like you just feel like arguing.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm hoping that the e-mail is sent to people that have spent significant money at Kmart (i.e. Bronze/Silver/Gold members) and not just randomly sent because then you will have an influx of people signing up for a 100 different SYWR accounts in hopes to randomly get that e-mail[/QUOTE]
To me $5 is a significant amount, so to exclude anyone from the possibility of getting the email because they aren't on the coupon train for the last year or more is bs.

But hopefully there won't be people begging SHC n crew for the email(good luck w/ that:lol:) like you had people calling up Gamestop asking why they didn't get that $100 off a PS3 coupon.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But hopefully there won't be people begging SHC n crew for the email(good luck w/ that:lol:) like you had people calling up Gamestop asking why they didn't get that $100 off a PS3 coupon.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Considering Josh has already flat-out said not to ask him for it, it would do nothing but waste everyone's time.

"Dark Souls"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 04 2012
New estimated arrival date: October 28 2011

Just as a heads up to anyone who has it preordered.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']To me $5 is a significant amount, so to exclude anyone from the possibility of getting the email because they aren't on the coupon train for the last year or more is bs.

But hopefully there won't be people begging SHC n crew for the email(good luck w/ that:lol:) like you had people calling up Gamestop asking why they didn't get that $100 off a PS3 coupon.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

If $5 is a significant amount then I think a current generation console would be out of your budget.

[quote name='CharGP02A']Is there going to be a Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (360 version) $20 dollar coupon in the future? Amazon has nothing of the sort yet and I would love to get this game.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that if catherine and disgaea 4 are too niche then this would be as well

To the potential $100 PS3 coupon deal... If it's not chosen at random, people should probably be chosen firstly by who has not bought PS3 games on their SYWR account. At least, I would hope.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Considering Josh has already flat-out said not to ask him for it, it would do nothing but waste everyone's time.[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. Even though he's said not to ask for it, I predict there will be page after page of people begging for the PS3 deal email. Just look at all of the people who ask the same questions that have been answered 100x before(sometimes even a post or two above theirs asking it again)for confirmation that people are lazy/entitled.
[quote name='GBAstar']If $5 is a significant amount then I think a current generation console would be out of your budget.[/QUOTE]
I treat ANY amount of money spent at a store on a product as significant. It doesn't mean I'm 'omg poor' because I actually want value out of what I buy.

I have THREE PS3's as it is(60gb I bought for $60, 120gb slim, 160gb slim), but if Sony price drops it at E3 by $50-100 AND this Kmart promo takes another $100 off the price, then I'd grab another one for $100-150 in a second.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good luck with that. Even though he's said not to ask for it, I predict there will be page after page of people begging for the PS3 deal email. Just look at all of the people who ask the same questions that have been answered 100x before(sometimes even a post or two above theirs asking it again)for confirmation that people are lazy/entitled.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I have no doubt it will occur, I'm just observing that it's going to be completely pointless. The whole reason it goes out to a small number of people is because no retailer could afford to do $100 sales off a system for everyone, it'd be financial suicide, so begging for it would be asking for just that, and it won't happen.

I want deals as much as anyone else here, but I'm also realist enough to see when something is simply not going to happen.

Now I am not sure for certain, as it was probably two threads ago and buried now, but way back when they announced that they were bringing it to the states, I asked not if there was going to be a deal, but if they were even going to carry the game. It seemed like it was very iffy. I wouldn't be surprised if the game doesn't get picked up by Kmart, but I don't expect a deal to happen on it.
I'm buying it day one somewhere though. The week I bought DW:Gundam 2, I was in the middle of an excersise, working 12 hour days. I still managed to put 40 hours into it in that first week. Not much sleep for me that week...

And man, I can't wait for more info on this PS3 deal. Hope I get the email. My buddy was looking to grab one and didn't want to drive up to the Target an hour away to get that deal, so while he's out of the country I'll pick him up one.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Oh, I have no doubt it will occur, I'm just observing that it's going to be completely pointless. The whole reason it goes out to a small number of people is because no retailer could afford to do $100 sales off a system for everyone, it'd be financial suicide, so begging for it would be asking for just that, and it won't happen.

I want deals as much as anyone else here, but I'm also realist enough to see when something is simply not going to happen.[/QUOTE]
You're one of the few who are realistic about deals then, as the last couple of $100 off/gift card deals for a PS3 had their threads turn into begfests in short order.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Sure did, "Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time." There was no grey area at all here, what is there to question there?

Seems like something silly to argue over, multiple sources reported before they announced it, ATLUS wasn't going to bring it to the west, pretty common knowledge to those that followed the title.

Seems like you just feel like arguing.[/QUOTE]

Games are never announced before they're announced. That's the same legal speak that everyone uses for unannounced titles.

[quote name='o_O']Games are never announced before they're announced. That's the same legal speak that everyone uses for unannounced titles.[/QUOTE]
This is very true. At a certain point, it does get asinine though, like when something's leaked or known to be in development but denied because it would mess up their marketing plans (somehow?) to confirm it. COD:MW3 is a perfect example. Honestly, who is truly surprised it was in development when it got announced/leaked? It's a game I don't know why bigger industry companies still play in the day and age of the internet.

Watched the Giant Bomb Quicklook for Dirt3 and man that games looks good. Definitely going to have to pick it up whenever that sale happens.

Was wondering if anyone could confirm about the spend 150 dollars get 25 thousand SYWR points that suppose to be happening on Sunday and Monday? Someone mentioned it in Kmart 5.0 but that was all i saw of it.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Was wondering if anyone could confirm about the spend 150 dollars get 25 thousand SYWR points that suppose to be happening on Sunday and Monday? Someone mentioned it in Kmart 5.0 but that was all i saw of it.[/QUOTE]

Go back one page.

Any hints as far as what the deal on Alice will be? It's one of the few games I've actually been looking forward to, and I'm curious if KMart will beat out Toys 'r' Us' $45 preorder after release.

[quote name='aptanor']Any hints as far as what the deal on Alice will be? It's one of the few games I've actually been looking forward to, and I'm curious if KMart will beat out Toys 'r' Us' $45 preorder after release.[/QUOTE]
We are working on it. I thought Alice is back up to $59.99 though?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Overdue localization? What on Earth are you talking about? The game doesn't come out till next month in Japan, and it comes out in August in the US. How is 2 months an overdue localization? It's by far the SHORTEST localization I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Apparently I am illiterate, I thought the Japanese release was 2010, not 2011. My bad.

So, let this "post-whore" catch up on 6 pages worth of "valuable information".

I'm excited for 6/12 now because of Josh's mysterious comment, and still have no idea what BlOps LE is all about. Is it really the console bundle? What does Josh think has been announced? If it's the BlOps PS3 bundle, that cat was already out of the bag, but you said "All month" something something. SO CONFUSED.

I apologize if I brought this topic off the rails, it figures the K-mart thread with the first post being by me, is the somehow the one most offtopic. :p

@ Capones, Your girlfriend's original post about your awesomeness confused me as well, took me like 10 tries to figure out what she was saying. Sorry about the couch, but I've been sleeping on my couch for months (but not out of any punishment or anything).

@ CheapestGamer, Don't even think about it anymore. Jeez, it's like giving a 6 year old a bazooka.

Let's see, lots of interesting religion/science/e-penis/corporate paranoia talk.

I don't see DW: Gundam 3 (still loving the first game) getting any K-mart love if it's even carried, sorry guys.

Also, Enslaved was great. Been playing Splatterhouse and loving it (though picking up those Jenn pictures with kids/girlfriend around is kinda awkward) but the load times are HORRIBLEEEEE, not sure if part of it has to due with my 360 though. I'd recommend installing to HD (which I will try later today) but otherwise, it is a lot of fun and incredibly underrated.

And to the post above me, I don't see K-mart offering more than a $15 coupon.

Edit: @ Josh, I know it's $60 again on Amazon, not sure about TRU.

It'd probably be better to pick up Alice during the post-release sale, regardless.

Hoping to score one of those $100 coupons! I missed out on this PS2 sale everyone's going on about, what was so great about it?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Can't wait to see the Red Faction deal.

I got $35 in coupons to use towards it :)[/QUOTE]
You'll be happy.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You'll be happy.[/QUOTE]
After the announcement of no competitive multiplayer, the only thing that would make me happy (and make me consider picking it up) is a LA Noire type deal... maybe.

[quote name='mebegod']I would imagine that if catherine and disgaea 4 are too niche then this would be as well[/QUOTE]

However, Dynasty Warriors 7 was carried and had a release week deal? I picked it up there as it wasn't a rewards only deal. And would pick up Gundam if it was similar.

I can't imagine giant robots selling worse than japanese history in the US. But who knows.

If Red Faction is really good (seems like they made it linear again which is good), I may be buying a lot at k-mart this month :lol:. I been saving up money for June, my wallet might be getting hit hard. Dunegon Siege 3, Duke Nukem Forever (might buy 2 copies, one for father's day), Zelda, and possibly Red Faction. If the Dungeon Siege offer is really good, I may just cancel my preorder at GS (which is already paid off but I might put it towards something k-mart wont be getting).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I have THREE PS3's as it is(60gb I bought for $60, 120gb slim, 160gb slim), but if Sony price drops it at E3 by $50-100 AND this Kmart promo takes another $100 off the price, then I'd grab another one for $100-150 in a second.[/QUOTE]

And yet you can't see why people don't get why you haven't bought an HDTV yet? A 4th PS3 just because it's a good price? I don't get that logic and I don't think most people do.

Honestly not criticizing you, I just can never understand why you never get why people just don't understand how you think.

[quote name='biledriver']However, Dynasty Warriors 7 was carried and had a release week deal? I picked it up there as it wasn't a rewards only deal. And would pick up Gundam if it was similar.

I can't imagine giant robots selling worse than japanese history in the US. But who knows.[/QUOTE]

My thinking is (trying to have a corporate viewpoint) is that Dynasty Warriors 7 is the 7th entry in a big-selling franchise (which is overrated IMO) that'll do well just because of the name attached, but DW: Gundam 3 is the 3rd game in a smaller sub-series of that big-selling franchise that's focused on giant robots, which is a tad more niche. I don't even think they have copies of the 2nd game, and I've only found 1 copy of the 1st in Clearance.

Edit: Still haven't made the jump to HDTV yet, but I haven't bought a PS3 either (I really feel like HDTV is a pre-requisite for owning a PS3 =/), so IATCG confuses me too.

[quote name='biledriver']And yet you can't see why people don't get why you haven't bought an HDTV yet? A 4th PS3 just because it's a good price? I don't get that logic and I don't think most people do.

Honestly not criticizing you, I just can never understand why you never get why people just don't understand how you think.[/QUOTE]

Has 3 PS3's and plays in SD? Good lord, I always wondered why he is the most picked at person on these boards. Guess I know now.

I personally can never play again in SD.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Has 3 PS3's and plays in SD? Good lord, I always wondered why he is the most picked at person on these boards. Guess I know now.

I personally can never play again in SD.[/QUOTE]

Is the difference really that bad? I scored a free somewhat wide/fat HDTV (720p only though cause the screen is glass, which I hear is better for quality and I thought 1080p can't be noticed until the TV is like 50 inches or something), that I'd need to pay $100 ~ $300 to get fixed (power supply issues).

LOL @ sadboy. ^ SD-club! (Not SlickDeals)

Edit: I prefer fat TVs because the kids would probably topple/break a thin one and I've got a really old/giant TV as a base for it.

The difference between 720 and 1080 is very small yes, but the difference between 720p HD and SD are huge. Fun fact, very few games run in 1080p native anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back