SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dennisb407']Where you located, cause that's the same problem here in Orlando and with gas at $3.44 a gallon Im not driving round the city trying to find the "perfect" Kmart..I bombed twice today..no more.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, sucks to hear. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

[quote name='Shurs']I had some issues at the Kmart in Minneapolis.

I grabbed the 360 version of Crysis and a 4000 point card.

They swiped my SYWR card and scanned the two items.

It would not discount the 4000 point card.

They then told me, they thought I had to buy the headphones, as well, in order to get the money off of the XBLA card.

Finally a manager took $30 off of the price of Crysis 2 to make the total what it should have been in the first place.

He didn't think it registered my SYWR points,.

Is there someone I can email me receipt info to in order to get the credit for those 10,000 points I should have received today?[/QUOTE]

I think I saw you there! I saw someone with a copy of Crysis game talking to a manager type. It was around noon. It would not work for me either. I believe the problem was the SYWR program, not your card. I went to another store about an hour later and my card that didnt work an hour earlier, worked fine, although it did seem like the system took a long time to download my cards info, like 5 to 10 seconds. Usually its instantaneous.

So weird thing I saw at the Kmart I work at. They put up all the Nintendo 3DS games and are available for sale (tested to see if the register would allow the sale and it did) Has anyone else seen 3DS games already out?

unless the games are specifically street dated they will probably arrive before the system launch and can be sold.

It was the same way with the 360, wii, PS3, etc. I bought my copy of Perfect Dark Zero like 4 days before the 360 came out just for fun.

Hope i have good luck with crysis 2 tomorrow. It's funny that the "biggest" kmart here that gets the most business and the most stock for 3DS/other releases is also the absolute worst for putting out stock and denying people deals. It's also the closest one to me. I dare not go back there, though.

You know, I walked into Kmart thinking the 3DS was supposed to launch today. All I knew was it was Tuesday, and I had to go to Kmart to pick up Crysis 2. Crazy times.

[quote name='sadboy']You know, I walked into Kmart thinking the 3DS was supposed to launch today. All I knew was it was Tuesday, and I had to go to Kmart to pick up Crysis 2. Crazy times.[/QUOTE]

You should know by now Nintendo doesn't believe in Tuesdays. They're all about Sundays, the day of resting with some video games.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']You should know by now Nintendo doesn't believe in Tuesdays. They're all about Sundays, the day of resting with some video games.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap. You know, all this time I never made the connection. I think I've only bought one release-date item from Nintendo (last summer).

josh got a question regarding reward points

my brother bought the game but did not know I had reward card with Kmart, is there a way I can get the 10,000 points???

[quote name='KillaHoe']josh got a question regarding reward points

my brother bought the game but did not know I had reward card with Kmart, is there a way I can get the 10,000 points???[/QUOTE]

I think you can (on the site) as long as you kept your receipt

That's some deal on the 3DS and games. Instantly meaning I can just walk in there for it? I wasn't sure if I wanted one right away since the launch is a little weak but there's plenty more coming soon and I don't know I'd wait long enough for them to fix the battery life.

Ugh, if I go in there on Sun they better not pull the same thing I went through last time as far as being 'attacked' with card offers.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Ugh, if I go in there on Sun they better not pull the same thing I went through last time as far as being 'attacked' with card offers.[/QUOTE]
I think they'd much rather attack you with 3DS offers.

[quote name='KillaHoe']josh got a question regarding reward points

my brother bought the game but did not know I had reward card with Kmart, is there a way I can get the 10,000 points???[/QUOTE]

take pic of receipt and shoot ad-monster an email with the picture of the receipt.. they'll help you out ;)

For those seeing the 3DS games out yes the games from Ubisoft and EA all had street dates of 3/22 even though the hardware doesn't launch until 3/27. It's pretty confusing, surprised Nintendo botched that.

Also, Crysis 2 is easily the best FPS I've ever played, it's almost too good. I don't care if you get it at Kmart (well maybe a little) but just go get this game...it's unreal.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Also, Crysis 2 is easily the best FPS I've ever played, it's almost too good. I don't care if you get it at Kmart (well maybe a little) but just go get this game...it's unreal.[/QUOTE]
Can you tell me if any stores in Denver have both Crysis 2 and $50 PSN cards?

I know they have Crysis 2, but as I've stated before I have no way of checking on PSN or XBLive points cards since we don't manage them. A 3rd party vendor does so there is no way I can look it up but all stores had them the last time we checked with the vendor.

I really hope Crysis 2 does well.

Going to be very disappointed if the market at large just simply isn't interested in shooters that don't directly and obviously copy COD. This and Deus Ex are my two most hyped "shooters" of the year but I think the average (meaning below average intelligence) COD player is going to think they look dumb because they aren't simple/COD-like enough.

Could our K-Mart Overlords comment on how it's doing later in the week?

[quote name='jer7583']I really hope Crysis 2 does well.

Going to be very disappointed if the market at large just simply isn't interested in shooters that don't directly and obviously copy COD. This and Deus Ex are my two most hyped "shooters" of the year but I think the average (meaning below average intelligence) COD player is going to think they look dumb because they aren't simple/COD-like enough.

Could our K-Mart Overlords comment on how it's doing later in the week?[/QUOTE]
I wasnt that interested until I saw the reviews stating how great the graphics really are and that it is different from CoD type shooters. I dont mind CoD, but I am more of a single player person anyway and coudln't care less about MP FPSs. This game supposedly has a good length campaign (12 hours) and sandbox/exploration to it as well. Sounds good to me.

[quote name='jer7583']I really hope Crysis 2 does well.

Could our K-Mart Overlords comment on how it's doing later in the week?[/QUOTE]

Well most people are going to play the demo and find that it's not that much different aside from the cloak/armor/power buffs.

[quote name='sadboy']^ Dayumn. Just from glancing at SeanTM22's avatar, I could go for some Gumby's Pizza right about now. I haven't had any since college, but I remember they used to make the most huge-ass pizzas that, while they weren't the best-tasting, had the most bang for your buck.

Anyway, for those who keep track of cross-game platform analyses, Lens of Truth just came out with a video comparison for Crysis 2.

edit: Thanks to everyone who shared their condolences.[/QUOTE]

Gumby's Pizza....yes sir. I spent a lot of money at Gumby's in college!

I was on the fence for Crysis 2 but this deal was too good to pass up.

Getting Crysis 2 for what equates to $30 plus $10 credit is just bordorline amazing. I was planning to buy a point card anyways.

My visit today was just great. My location had plenty of copies and XB360 point cards (the one I wanted).

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']For those seeing the 3DS games out yes the games from Ubisoft and EA all had street dates of 3/22 even though the hardware doesn't launch until 3/27. It's pretty confusing, surprised Nintendo botched that.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure Nintendo botched anything? Third parties putting out their offering ahead of the pack seems like a good positioning strategy to me, and it doesn't directly affect Nintendo's system launch in any way I can figure. Nintendo has no reason on its end to push the launch sooner or demand that the third parties hold off on the release of the games. It may even add to the hype and make more people aware that the release is imminent.

The only reason I can think of a company not wanting to put the game out before the system is that it skews each game's launch week numbers. Ubisoft and EA may very well sell more copies over two weeks by getting them out ahead of the pack, but neither of those individual weeks is going to outsell what would have been the single launch week had they waited for the system to be available. Better money, but worse launch day numbers for PR to throw about.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']For those seeing the 3DS games out yes the games from Ubisoft and EA all had street dates of 3/22 even though the hardware doesn't launch until 3/27. It's pretty confusing, surprised Nintendo botched that.[/QUOTE]

The exact same thing happened for Wii/Xbox360/PS3 launch. It is pretty much standard practice and not a botch of any kind.

[quote name='gotdott']Well most people are going to play the demo and find that it's not that much different aside from the cloak/armor/power buffs.[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo and thought, this is just like every other current gen FPS shooter I've tried, just in a different setting. And just like those, it was die die die. Got old pretty fast. I guess that it has a good length single-player campaign is a plus, but I still can't help but feel that if I'm only playing the single player campaign, then I ought to be paying no more then $20.

Hmm, does anyone know if K-mart is still taking pre-orders on the 3DS? I have an Amazon pre-order but I'm out of town, won't be back till the end of next week, was thinking of taking advantage of the deal that K-mart is having, which is actually going to turn out to be cheaper than Amazon and instant savings rather than a gift card.

Okay, the new thread doesnt have this answered, so even though I am sure it was answered in an old thread, I am too lazy to go back that far. If I were to buy Crysis with a $50 GC, will I still be able to get the $50 PSN card for $20 and the 10K SYWR points? I am sure I would, but just wanted to double check since I have not used a GC at Kmart before. Thx

[quote name='crunchewy']I tried the demo and thought, this is just like every other current gen FPS shooter I've tried, just in a different setting. And just like those, it was die die die. Got old pretty fast. I guess that it has a good length single-player campaign is a plus, but I still can't help but feel that if I'm only playing the single player campaign, then I ought to be paying no more then $20.[/QUOTE]
Quite frankly, this is the best shooter I've played in the last couple of years. I know that sounds ridiculous but I really am on this emotional high from this game that I haven't had with a shooter in a loooong time. Probably MW4 is the last time I felt stunned by a FPS military game.

[quote name='wrencrest']Okay, the new thread doesnt have this answered, so even though I am sure it was answered in an old thread, I am too lazy to go back that far. If I were to buy Crysis with a $50 GC, will I still be able to get the $50 PSN card for $20 and the 10K SYWR points? I am sure I would, but just wanted to double check since I have not used a GC at Kmart before. Thx[/QUOTE]
You should be good!

[quote name='chair_home']Hmm, does anyone know if K-mart is still taking pre-orders on the 3DS? I have an Amazon pre-order but I'm out of town, won't be back till the end of next week, was thinking of taking advantage of the deal that K-mart is having, which is actually going to turn out to be cheaper than Amazon and instant savings rather than a gift card.[/QUOTE]
You can pre order but the deal is not online.

Please be aware for those who have emailed last night and today that I will get back to all your emails by the EOD today. Wednesday is our ad planning day, so I have been in meetings and in planning sessions, but I will get back to you very soon.

[quote name='biledriver']The exact same thing happened for Wii/Xbox360/PS3 launch. It is pretty much standard practice and not a botch of any kind.[/QUOTE]
I don't remember 360 games being released a week early actually.

Regardless, I do feel the practice is very hazardous to a hardware launch. Having sell through 5 days previous to a HW launch only puts potential out of stocks at a higher risk. High risk/low reward.

[quote name='DPsycho']How do you figure Nintendo botched anything? Third parties putting out their offering ahead of the pack seems like a good positioning strategy to me, and it doesn't directly affect Nintendo's system launch in any way I can figure. Nintendo has no reason on its end to push the launch sooner or demand that the third parties hold off on the release of the games. It may even add to the hype and make more people aware that the release is imminent.

The only reason I can think of a company not wanting to put the game out before the system is that it skews each game's launch week numbers. Ubisoft and EA may very well sell more copies over two weeks by getting them out ahead of the pack, but neither of those individual weeks is going to outsell what would have been the single launch week had they waited for the system to be available. Better money, but worse launch day numbers for PR to throw about.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I guess I was just speaking from our execution perspective. We honestly had no idea what the 3rd party lineup or even Nintendo's lineup for software was going to be until about a month or 5 weeks before which is essentially last minute for our ad deadlines.

I just know the whole setup and information we were getting was frustrating for us as we had purchase commitments due to 3rd party software vendors when we didn't even know how much hardware we were getting.

[quote name='crunchewy']I tried the demo and thought, this is just like every other current gen FPS shooter I've tried, just in a different setting. And just like those, it was die die die. Got old pretty fast. I guess that it has a good length single-player campaign is a plus, but I still can't help but feel that if I'm only playing the single player campaign, then I ought to be paying no more then $20.[/QUOTE]

The demo is multiplayer team deathmatch.

What would that be in any game except "die die die".

Single player is much more the halo style of enemies with actual AI and wide open environments. Not the COD run down this corridor while enemies pop out of corners/windows until you pass this invisible checkpoint at which point they stop appearing.

It's not GTA type sandbox but more sandbox in terms of how you're approaching enemies and dealing with them and how they react to you.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I don't remember 360 games being released a week early actually.

Regardless, I do feel the practice is very hazardous to a hardware launch. Having sell through 5 days previous to a HW launch only puts potential out of stocks at a higher risk. High risk/low reward.[/QUOTE]

I could see that. Dunno why ubisoft would even be interested in selling them early. I do believe the nintendo titles are street dated, right? I've only seen the few ubisoft titles for sale and Ridge Racer.

Well my store has finally failed me. The points card I got wasnt activated according to xbox support. So I take it back to my kmart store and they refuse to do anything stating the receipt says active. No exchange refund notta. They said once it leaves the store theres nothing they can do. Talk about worst customer service I ever seen. Instead of dealing with a blantant lie and arguing any more than I already did I just told them dont worry about it ill go above and get it handled because I surely wont be taking a $30 hit for a obvious error. Sent a Email to Josh and Admonster. Sharing my experience here so hopefully we can get this ship corrected at kmart because for someone who isnt a CAGer wouldnt have any clue what to do at this point. I am not happy I wasted a trip for nothing tho. "End Rant"

[quote name='ucantcme69']Well my store has finally failed me. The points card I got wasnt activated according to xbox support. So I take it back to my kmart store and they refuse to do anything stating the receipt says active. No exchange refund notta. They said once it leaves the store theres nothing they can do. Talk about worst customer service I ever seen. Instead of dealing with a blantant lie and arguing any more than I already did I just told them dont worry about it ill go above and get it handled because I surely wont be taking a $30 hit for a obvious error. Sent a Email to Josh and Admonster. Sharing my experience here so hopefully we can get this ship corrected at kmart because for someone who isnt a CAGer wouldnt have any clue what to do at this point. I am not happy I wasted a trip for nothing tho. "End Rant"[/QUOTE]

That sounds awful, I remember just thinking when I bought the DA2 deal with a points card, what would I do if it doesn't work. It did but the thought crossed my mind.

I'm sure someone will take care of this for you, keep us posted though as it is an important issue.

I really am tempted to buy a killzone 3 ps3, and sell killzone on ebay for 40, and use the gift card towards Mortal Kombat. But im not sure if Kratos is a big enough reason to buy a PS3 and MK over just getting the 360 version. LOL

[quote name='sinned47']I'm saddened by no deals on tomb raider trilogy :([/QUOTE]

same here. no deals anywhere at all for this game.

To follow up my rant. James (admonster) already responded to me and offered to correct my issue. I appreciate Josh and James so much and I really hope their level of customer service trickles down to the store levels. You guys are the sole reason I shop at kmart. Without you guys I would be scared to see if I had a issue what would happen.

A little trouble at the same K-Mart as last time with trying to get the Crysis 2 deal, but in the end was at least able to score the deal this time so no biggie there.

One thing I did do today was speak to the electronics dept lead, who stated the obvious and told me that there's an issue with lack of communication between the store managers and leads/associates when it comes to any deals posted online. I know it's still a relatively new process, but it would be nice if they implemented some sort of system just so customers could also be more informed/less frustrated every time.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I don't remember 360 games being released a week early actually.

Regardless, I do feel the practice is very hazardous to a hardware launch. Having sell through 5 days previous to a HW launch only puts potential out of stocks at a higher risk. High risk/low reward.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Worked at Gamestop for that launch and we were even selling hard drives and controllers before launch. The only people that pre-purchase like that tend to be customers with systems on reserve. And since Gamestop and now even more retailers put such high stock in reserves they felt it increased loyalty.

During the wii launch though I know Gamestop left it up to store managers whether to presell the games before launch. I was merchandising for walmart by then and we set that planogram with the games as they came out two weeks ahead of time.

Alright guys...give me the scoop. How's Crysis 2? I'm surprised at the review at IGN--pretty solid score. Thinking about picking this up at K-Mart...but I dunno.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Alright guys...give me the scoop. How's Crysis 2? I'm surprised at the review at IGN--pretty solid score. Thinking about picking this up at K-Mart...but I dunno.[/QUOTE]
It's better than Homefront. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back