SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakurenKyo06']My list

Mass Effect 3
Gears 3
Skyrim
Batman
Rage
Metal Gear rRising
Deus

Couldn't chose 3 and I even left a few off D:.

I would love to see my store actually get some epic editions for gears.

I think $20-$25 coupons would suffice for me, or maybe a buy 2 get 1 free sale in november or something.[/QUOTE]

I dont know how I can pick just 3 as well. If I was really forced Id also say Gears 3, Battlefield 3, and probably Twisted Metal. There are so many others however that I want and I always buy most of the titles at launch. Id also like to see some kind of points card/gift card tie in, straight coupon, or a buy one get something offer as well

[quote name='aznhero913']1. U3
2. BF3
3. GOW3
4. Batman AA?
5. R3

Some SYWR cashback($20-$25)/coupon + Memorabilia.

I really hope to get some memorabilia for U3/ME3[/QUOTE]

:p

Anyway, only ME3 and BF3 are getting my money at launch. Maybe Arkham City will be my third but they should keep me occupied until everything else drops for the holidays.

[quote name='ucantcme69']I dont know how I can pick just 3 as well. If I was really forced Id also say Gears 3, Battlefield 3, and probably Twisted Metal. There are so many others however that I want and I always buy most of the titles at launch. Id also like to see some kind of points card/gift card tie in, straight coupon, or a buy one get something offer as well[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way, I have a list of titles written down I am getting day 1 and its 18 titles long.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Really? I thought the three you've been geeking out over in the office were

1) Just Dance 3
2) Nintendogs: labradoodle
3) Just Dance 3 CE[/QUOTE]

Its like you already know me.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Guess it's kind of a compliment; third time in a row they have PM'd the blog. Guess I have to think through some creative ways to change it up :)[/QUOTE]

Change your 3ds deal up, or future deals? I for one am very open to you changing up your 3ds deal ;)
Perhaps an addition to the 25 off a game, a 10,000 points for the combine purchase, not huge, but an extra future 10 dollar savings-might intice some of those rushing to preorder on amazon to stick w/ your deal?? Just a thought

Just bought Crysis 2 and $30 off $50 PSN Card, everything went smooth! Thanks for the great deal! :) Now what I'm trying to decide on is if I should keep this card or not...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My vision was an amazon esque gold box/deal of the day type of channel via text.[/QUOTE]

DON'T YOU DARE.

My wallet can't handle that.

3 most anticipated games discussion:

Well- I will probably buy all the heavy anticpated games on launch if the deals are scorching hot... but the games I really want-or that top my list at the moment
1-LA NOIRE
2-Elder Scrolls-Skyrim
3-Deus Ex Human Rev-
(I am interested in something different than whats available now-like LA-deus ex)
(of course I want Gears 3; uncharted 3, batman, mass effect 3, etc...)

Well for Mass Effect 3 $10 coupon and a 1600 point card would be neat because you know its going to have a decent amount of DLC. Would be looking for a LE on this too, hopefully can get some at my store.

Or $20 coupon and $30 off a 4k points card. PSN Card :3.

Josh,

I sent an email yesterday with a pdf copy of my reciept for Crysis 2 requesting a gift card since that store did not have any psn or xbox live cards. I have not heard back yet. I am just wondering how this will work. I included my address and telephone number with email. Thank you.

Really surprised by my K-Mart trip today for Crysis 2. I never had any problems with getting the deals (beyond the MvC3 issue that everyone went through) but usually the games weren't in the case and/or the employees didn't know of the offer (but it still worked) and they never had signage up about the deals either.

Went in today (granted the game came out 2 days ago) and the game and point cards were on display as well as signage saying what the offers were. The funny thing was it was almost like a scavenger hunt. The 4000 point card said you save $30 when you buy Crysis 2, the 360 version had save $20 on a TB headset, and the PS3 one said you get 10,000 SYWR points.

It may be an uphill battle sometimes Josh, but your making progress!

[quote name='nnthomas']3 Games I'd love deals on this year:

Skyrim (DUH)
FF13-2 (totally 2011, wait for E3)
Dark Souls (double duh)[/QUOTE]

I want 13-2 so bad but I highly doubt we'll see it in 2011, with the quakes in Tokyo and what not and of course Japan always gets the SE titles first as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']3 most anticipated games of 2011, what launch offers would you like to see?

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls: Rimjob, and Mass Effect 3.

I'm not interested in coupons that expire within six weeks any more, and are only good on gaming stuff. If it has to be coupons, $25 off another purchase effective immediately to three months.

I like the SYWR points better, now. It's more convenient to get and I can use it on other stuff besides games. If you have the option of doing SYWR, I'd settle for $20 offers per game.

Found Tomb Raider Anniversary for PSP for $10 today in the front "19.99 and Under" bin (seems they moved most of the cheaper stuff up there like DA: O and Bioshock 2 and all that stuff). Was kind of nice and unexpected since I don't see it in the OP and it's still $13 used at Gamestop.

[quote name='confoosious']It's not that hard to figure out: they want you to buy another game.[/QUOTE]

I believe you missed the point, at least my point, which is that you have to wait several days until you bank the credit to buy a game. Unlike Kmart where you can leave with both in hand. If you pay tax at both places, the decision is easy.

I know they want you to buy another game........ but thanks for the insight (or was it incite?)

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']I believe you missed the point, at least my point, which is that you have to wait several days until you bank the credit to buy a game. Unlike Kmart where you can leave with both in hand. If you pay tax at both places, the decision is easy.

I know they want you to buy another game........ but thanks for the insight (or was it incite?)[/QUOTE]

I think what he was trying to say is that by giving you the credit later on, it might "force" some to buy a title with the actual 3DS and then the 2nd $25 off title after the fact -- so in the end Amazon kind of "pushed" 2 games on people who may only want one.

First post here for me ever. I just joined the site. This is a great site, I have learned a ton from here so far. I went to K-Mart today in Waukegan, Illinois for the Crysis deal that has been mentioned here. No issues at all. Found the game, a freaking stack of 50 dollar PSN cards. There must have been 30 of them. She rang it up, scanned my SYWR card, 60 bucks game, 50 bucks PSN card, 30 dollar discount, 10k points added, and then by golly she handed me a receipt for a free Coke in the process. Great experience, ugly as heck store but great experience. Thanks everyone for posting.

[quote name='ctuck7777']First post here for me ever. I just joined the site. This is a great site, I have learned a ton from here so far. I went to K-Mart today in Waukegan, Illinois for the Crysis deal that has been mentioned here. No issues at all. Found the game, a freaking stack of 50 dollar PSN cards. There must have been 30 of them. She rang it up, scanned my SYWR card, 60 bucks game, 50 bucks PSN card, 30 dollar discount, 10k points added, and then by golly she handed me a receipt for a free Coke in the process. Great experience, ugly as heck store but great experience. Thanks everyone for posting.[/QUOTE]

WELCOME!:applause:

Kmart vs Amazon: New Age of Videogame Deals

My team will be josh, altanis, and stock boy

stock boy has this infinite loop that's so sick

In reality my 3 most anticipated are:
Uncharted 3
Batman AC
LA Noire

But I've already got those along with most other games I want long paid off elsewhere. So instead I'll go with
Mortal Kombat ($25 koupon)
Deus Ex ($25 coupon)
Saints Row 3 ($25 coupon...see a pattern here?)

And here are the games I already have preordered and paid off (and this is why you need a preorder system so I can buy them at Kmart instead):
Uncharted 3
Batman AC
LA Noire
The Last Guardian
Ico/SotC Collection
Skyrim
Bioshock Infinite
Dark Souls
Tomb Raider
Silent Hill
Infamous 2
Rage
Alice: Madness Returns (it was $7...)

[quote name='ShockandAww']In reality my 3 most anticipated are:
Uncharted 3
Batman AC
LA Noire

But I've already got those along with most other games I want long paid off elsewhere. So instead I'll go with
Mortal Kombat ($25 koupon)
Mass Effect 3 ($25 coupon)
Saints Row 3 ($25 coupon...see a pattern here?)

And here are the games I already have preordered and paid off (and this is why you need a preorder system so I can buy them at Kmart instead):
Uncharted 3
Batman AC
LA Noire
The Last Guardian
Ico/SotC Collection
Skyrim
Bioshock Infinite
Dark Souls
Tomb Raider
Silent Hill
Infamous 2
Rage
Alice: Madness Returns (it was $7...)
[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there. ;)

I hope there is a good deal on WWE All-stars. I want that game but its not worth 60 dollars. 40 or less and i might just pick it up.

@Haukern.. your probably right.. last guardian and Infinte will be next year.. I am excited for Last Guardian.. LOVED ICO and SOTC

Josh I was wondering if u sent in 1 of your minions to the Astor Place store in NY on Tuesday because as I was picking up Crysis on Tuesday I saw a guy fixing the lower priced and clearanced games with a Kmart tag that said "Vendor" on it and a customer asked him a question and he said he doesn't work at the store so I figure maybe he works for you.

But my point is maybe there is progress being made to make the videogame section more appealing and easier to navigate around all Kmarts, if so then progress is definitely being made

[quote name='boogie4114']Josh I was wondering if u sent in 1 of your minions to the Astor Place store in NY on Tuesday because as I was picking up Crysis on Tuesday I saw a guy fixing the lower priced and clearanced games with a Kmart tag that said "Vendor" on it and a customer asked him a question and he said he doesn't work at the store so I figure maybe he works for you.

But my point is maybe there is progress being made to make the videogame section more appealing and easier to navigate around all Kmarts, if so then progress is definitely being made[/QUOTE]
Retail stores typically get "vendors" which are freelancers and company reps who come in, set stuff up, make things pretty and such. They're not usually affiliated with the retail store beyond that they're there, trying to sell the product to make their goal to make their money.

[quote name='jer7583']Kmart vs Amazon: New Age of Videogame Deals

stock boy has this infinite loop that's so sick[/QUOTE]

I don't even want to fight you if you're just going to be spamming with Altanis the whole match...

Oh, and my 3 games:
Uncharted 3
Batman
Unannounced Assassin's Creed game (they promised a yearly release cycle)

Off the top of my head, my top 3 are:

Zelda: Skyward Sword
LA Noire
Batman: Arkham City

My most anticipated game is the next Hitman, but I have no idea of its status.

L.A. Noire! Mmmm, that will be that new new hotness. I'm digging.

My three,

Batman: Arkham City
Skyrim
Uncharted 3

My 3 are:
Dynasty Warriors Gundam: 3
Saint's Row 3
LA Noire

I would have said The Darkness 2 instead of LA Noire, but I don't see it releasing this year.

[quote name='jer7583']Kmart vs Amazon: New Age of Videogame Deals

stock boy has this infinite loop that's so sick[/QUOTE]
He should come back to CAG as Atlantis (with some cryptic "Atlantis has finally risen or is reborn but is not actually associated with Sears or Kmart" motto) or some semi-weird variation of that online moniker. I have no idea if bans extend to alternate accounts or if he'd be re-banned, though.

My team would be: some random Amazon CSR who denies people credits for their recent purchases, the Shop Your Way Rewards program, and that dude from Crysis 2 or SHC Ad Monster as a secret character.

Hey Josh,

I was wondering what the new gaming coupon rules were. I read the gaming coupon information in the OP but it doesn't look likes it's been updated.

Do you have to be a Rewards Member to receive a gaming coupon? Since all gaming coupons are going to have unique barcodes I was also wondering about this:

Say I buy two copies of a game on release day that comes with a $20.00 gaming coupon (one for me, one for a buddy). Can I stack both of those coupons on a purchase the next week?

You used to not be able to do this because all gaming coupons for a single game had the same barcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back