SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smoking deals Josh. :bow: were not worthy :bow:

Count me down for 2x Mortal Kombat 2x Portal 2 and some point cards. Now to make sure I'm there early for this amazing day.

Whats this about Kmart not getting the deployment edition of Socom 4? I was totaly planning on getting one so I can finally have move in my house. Oh how to break it to the father in law that he wont be getting socom with the gun... :( Sad panda is sad please make sad panda happy.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']That's just it though -- if I'm reading this correctly, it's any $120 in games. So you don't have to get just those.
[/QUOTE]

Right, but I can't think of anything that's out that I'd buy. Getting something like Dragon Age 2 is tempting, but it'll probably already retail for less than $40, which makes paying $60 on it for a coupon almost pointless.

Not complaining--it's a great deal--but unless there are some other new releases that week, I will almost certainly pass.

Keep the offers coming, though!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']XBLA/PSN count as well which is why I added the Save $10 with purchase.

Essentially if you buy MK and P2 with a points card you will receive $70 in value, which in all fairness to the competition, they are not close. I shouldn't say that, I guess mine only works if you are interested in multiple games.[/QUOTE]
You need to call the offices of other retailers and shout ominously through the phone, "It has begun!!!" (Mortal Kombat movie reference)

[quote name='sadboy']You need to call the offices of other retailers and shout ominously through the phone, "It has begun!!!" (Mortal Kombat movie reference)[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, Amazon gives a promo to see the movie for free when you preorder the game. Was still good after all of these years.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']For anyone that went into Kmart yesterday. How was the presentation of the 3DS? Was it on an end cap, or behind glass. Were all the games and accessories easily accessible?[/QUOTE]

At the Muncie IN Kmart, everything for the 3DS (except the systems themselves) were displayed on an end cap all signed and ready to go. The systems were still in the warehouse, but since I was standing at the door when they opened, I can't fault them for still working on getting it all out.

I feel like a jackass for continuing to ask this but I never get an answer: Does anyone know if Dynasty Warriors 7 will actually be in-store tomorrow? This is the difference between me waking up at 6:30 or 9:30 tomorrow people! ;)

Strange, Best Buy was selling Dynasty Warriors 7 today. Went to K-Mart and was told they wouldnt sell it until Wednesday (Even though they had it). So i just ended up price matching there

[quote name='dgwillia006']Strange, Best Buy was selling Dynasty Warriors 7 today. Went to K-Mart and was told they wouldnt sell it until Wednesday (Even though they had it). So i just ended up price matching there

[quote name='sadboy']It's Best Buy's new sales tactic. They price match Kmart and sell their games a day early. :whistle2:# Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

If they want to sell it earlier than Kmart, they just need to have it on shelves on release day. ;)

(For the record, I've never had a problem getting a game on release day)

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']For anyone that went into Kmart yesterday. How was the presentation of the 3DS? Was it on an end cap, or behind glass. Were all the games and accessories easily accessible?[/QUOTE]
I didn't really see any signs of the 3DS at store number 7062. I was there for some other things (and looking to see if Oblivion GOTY ever dropped in price from the Feb clearance drops...no such luck) and decided to look at the 3DS's, in case something came over me and I felt the urge to impulse buy one. I saw Ghost Recon and maybe two other 3DS titles in the DS/Wii case, but nothing else anywhere. I thought maybe the consoles were behind the register, but didn't see them there either when I glanced there. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have sold out at that store.

[quote name='p5ych0']Will K-mart carry the PC version of Portal 2?[/QUOTE]

Just buy the ps3 version the steam version comes free with it

[quote name='jkircos']Just buy the ps3 version the steam version comes free with it[/QUOTE]

A quick search says that you would have to link your PSN account to your steam account. I would but I don't have a PSN account.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Why did 75% plus of KMart's have no SSFIV on 3DS? That was the game I saw most at Gamestop and other places.[/QUOTE]

i ran into the same thing.. didn't care too much but still strange that the tacoma kmarts only had a few games to pick from, there was an endcap w/ accessories, but the systems were still in boxes- but no Street fighter...and i did ask to have them check boxes, they said they did.. But if you remember Josh-we talked about this kind of thing before, games are there-signed for, but the store kept saying they didnt have it.

Anyway-the 120 get 60 coupon is a great deall. LOVE It, But.. My concern lies with other CAG's. The coupons before were prior to tax, so games at 59.99 wouldn't be eligible for the 60 coupon alone-meaning I would have to -buy a game and something else (not a fan of), and the 120 is the same thing, 2 games equal 119.98 prior tax, just 2 cents under 120. I spend so much every week that I'm not eager to drop another 20 on a third game i don't really want, or more points which i would use but i have 6200 sitting on my account. not to complain cuz the deal is sweet.. But- I may not jump because of the prior tax stuff-
So to sum up my long and voracious post. :) Another poster mentioned having the coupon print out 59.99 or have buy by two 59.99 games get coupon. So, is this correct? And if so, Others will still love and bite.. thanks again SHC for the deals... Loving my new 3ds you sold me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about the WWE All Stars promotion. I have $25 in rewards points. Would I still get the $15 off coupon for my next WWE purchase because my total was over $40 before the points?

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Anyway-the 120 get 60 coupon is a great deall. LOVE It, But.. My concern lies with other CAG's. The coupons before were prior to tax, so games at 59.99 wouldn't be eligible for the 60 coupon alone-meaning I would have to -buy a game and something else (not a fan of), and the 120 is the same thing, 2 games equal 119.98 prior tax, just 2 cents under 120. I spend so much every week that I'm not eager to drop another 20 on a third game i don't really want, or more points which i would use but i have 6200 sitting on my account. not to complain cuz the deal is sweet.. But- I may not jump because of the prior tax stuff-
So to sum up my long and voracious post. :) Another poster mentioned having the coupon print out 59.99 or have buy by two 59.99 games get coupon. So, is this correct? And if so, Others will still love and bite.. thanks again SHC for the deals... Loving my new 3ds you sold me. :)[/QUOTE]

Josh has said that it's impossible for him to make a coupon for $59.99 or for it to kick in at $119.98 or obviously he would have. He got the points card deal approved to give a cheaper alternative to meet the requirement. In other words, he's well aware of this complaint and can do nothing more about it. It's an unfortunate trade-off for him to get these type of deals.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Anyway-the 120 get 60 coupon is a great deall. LOVE It, But.. My concern lies with other CAG's. The coupons before were prior to tax, so games at 59.99 wouldn't be eligible for the 60 coupon alone-meaning I would have to -buy a game and something else (not a fan of), and the 120 is the same thing, 2 games equal 119.98 prior tax, just 2 cents under 120. I spend so much every week that I'm not eager to drop another 20 on a third game i don't really want, or more points which i would use but i have 6200 sitting on my account. not to complain cuz the deal is sweet.. But- I may not jump because of the prior tax stuff-
So to sum up my long and voracious post. :) Another poster mentioned having the coupon print out 59.99 or have buy by two 59.99 games get coupon. So, is this correct? And if so, Others will still love and bite.. thanks again SHC for the deals... Loving my new 3ds you sold me. :)[/QUOTE]
If I understand Josh's post correctly, PSN and XBL cards count as game software. Therefore, if one of those two games are MK or Portal 2, which come with $10 off a $20 card, then that would bring the total over $120.

Game 1 = $60
Mortal Kombat = $60
PSN Card = $20
Total = $130.

If neither game is MK or Portal 2, I guess you're outta luck unless you wanna spring for a non-discounted card.

[quote name='Kain']If I understand Josh's post correctly, PSN and XBL cards count as game software. Therefore, if one of those two games are MK or Portal 2, which come with $10 off a $20 card, then that would bring the total over $120.

Game 1 = $60
Mortal Kombat = $60
PSN Card = $20
Total = $130.

If neither game is MK or Portal 2, I guess you're outta luck unless you wanna spring for a non-discounted card.[/QUOTE]

so the total at 130 is an instant savings of 10, i didn't see that post anywhere, or is it 10 dollar in points?
also, thank colbert- i didnt see Josh's reply (must have been on facebook) regarding the coupon and pretax information. If the 10 off psn/xbox points is instant-then I am game.. If not..then i will wait for price reductions/used/etc..

Not sure if this question should be directed to Josh or Stock Boy, but I'm wondering if K-Mart stores will be carrying the following PSP games.

The 3rd Birthday (Mar. 29)
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Mar. 29)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (Apr. 19)

These three games plus Tomb Raider Trilogy and I can hit the $120 mark. :)

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Question about the WWE All Stars promotion. I have $25 in rewards points. Would I still get the $15 off coupon for my next WWE purchase because my total was over $40 before the points?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The total is totalled first triggering the promo. The coupon is then applied to the final balance. So the short answer is yes.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']so the total at 130 is an instant savings of 10, i didn't see that post anywhere, or is it 10 dollar in points?[/QUOTE]
You get $10 off the price of the card with purchase of either of those two games.

[quote name='Kain']Not sure if this question should be directed to Josh or Stock Boy, but I'm wondering if K-Mart stores will be carrying the following PSP games.

The 3rd Birthday (Mar. 29)
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Mar. 29)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (Apr. 19)

These three games plus Tomb Raider Trilogy and I can hit the $120 mark. :)[/QUOTE]

It's a good plan but I think you're going to be out of luck. Based on posts I remember from the previous thread, Josh has pretty much given up on PSP software unless it launches at bargain prices. We'll see what Josh/Stockboy have to say though.

[quote name='chimpo80']It's a good plan but I think you're going to be out of luck. Based on posts I remember from the previous thread, Josh has pretty much given up on PSP software unless it launches at bargain prices.[/QUOTE]
Incidentally, I believe they are. Each of those games are coming out for $30 as opposed to the usual $40 price point.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']All 3 of those games are launch at $29.99 to be fair.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Josh had previously mentioned the $19.99 price point as being the ceiling.

Yeah he has said that K-Mart wont be carrying those titles due to PSP software not selling. No more PSP games announced for the rest of the year as well, even tho Sony has said they want the NGP and PSP to co-exist.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yeah he has said that K-Mart wont be carrying those titles due to PSP software not selling. No more PSP games announced for the rest of the year as well, even tho Sony has said they want the NGP and PSP to co-exist.[/QUOTE]

It will go the same way that the GBA did, too. Nintendo said that the DS was going to be the third pillar with the Gamecube and GBA being the other two. GBA hasn't seen a refresh or mention since the DS came out. Oh well, these new handhelds can do everything and play nearly everything the old handhelds could. It's just a marketing technique to get people to continue buying hardware until the new stuff comes out.

[quote name='ssr']It will go the same way that the GBA did, too. Nintendo said that the DS was going to be the third pillar with the Gamecube and GBA being the other two. GBA hasn't seen a refresh or mention since the DS came out. Oh well, these new handhelds can do everything and play nearly everything the old handhelds could. It's just a marketing technique to get people to continue buying hardware until the new stuff comes out.[/QUOTE]

The "third pillar" talk was CYA on Nintendo's part. They didn't know how the public would react to the DS and they wanted to be able to fall back on the GameBoy name if necessary. As it turned out, the DS gained historic popularity to the point that Nintendo was comfortable moving on. With Sony, its different. The NGP will be replacing what is largely considered a failure in the PSP. I think Sony's claim that they want the PSP and NGP to co-exist is laughable unless they're talking about download only titles on the PSP GO.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yeah he has said that K-Mart wont be carrying those titles due to PSP software not selling.[/QUOTE]
That would be extremely disappointing. It's not like these are silly little games, they're high-profile games with a long history. People have been waiting for a new Parasite Eve for 10 years, the Legend of Heroes series has been going back as far as the late 80s and Final Fantasy is, well, Final Fantasy. No, they won't sell like Call of Duty, but they've certainly got a devoted following.

[quote name='Kain']That would be extremely disappointing. It's not like these are silly little games, they're high-profile games with a long history. People have been waiting for a new Parasite Eve for 10 years, the Legend of Heroes series has been going back as far as the late 80s and Final Fantasy is, well, Final Fantasy. No, they won't sell like Call of Duty, but they've certainly got a devoted following.[/QUOTE]

The type of gamers who buy those games generally don't consider K Mart as a place to buy games.

Also 3rd Birthday has no buzz outside the super hardcore crowd; it doesn't even have Parasite Eve in the title. I have a friend who loved PE1 and he had no idea this game existed until I mentioned it to him yesterday. Also import reviews were fairly mixed; I don't think this one's going to do super well.

I'm super looking forward to TitS (ha!) and I have the CE pre-ordered, but that is suuuuper niche.

FF4 is the only one I would be surprised that they wouldn't carry. Honestly I already have it full paid off at Gamestop with credit so a Kmart deal would be a moot point for me, but I'm mildly surprised they wouldn't carry that one.

[quote name='Kain']That would be extremely disappointing. It's not like these are silly little games, they're high-profile games with a long history. People have been waiting for a new Parasite Eve for 10 years, the Legend of Heroes series has been going back as far as the late 80s and Final Fantasy is, well, Final Fantasy. No, they won't sell like Call of Duty, but they've certainly got a devoted following.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that doesn't equate to good sales. Looking at it the other way, you have a game from a series no one remembers, a game from a series no one has played, and another remake of a Final Fantasy. And don't forget PSP's piracy issues. Even Dissidia wasn't good enough to get a deal.

[quote name='iceman88']The type of gamers who buy those games generally don't consider K Mart as a place to buy games.[/QUOTE]
And where do RPG gamers go to shop precisely? Ever since Josh started turning around K-Mart, they've been the go-to place for all gamers regardless of the type of game they play. All gamers want a bargain (well, except for GameStop shoppers -- but seriously, if they were smart enough to be playing RPGs, they wouldn't be shopping at GameStop.)

Any interest in El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metreon?

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-el-shaddai-ascension-of-the-metatron/17-3937/

Certainly not the 'explode some dudes" game that most americans go crazy over but it looks really great.

Hopefully it can see a very limited release with some deal to hopefully move most of the initial stock quickly.

As for PSP Square/RPG titles - you're dealing with a niche of a niche of a niche at that point. PSP died a year ago or more. The market simply doesn't exist for titles on that platform outside of pre-orders for most retailers, I would think.

[quote name='Kain']And where do RPG gamers go to shop precisely? Ever since Josh started turning around K-Mart, they've been the go-to place for all gamers regardless of the type of game they play. All gamers want a bargain (well, except for GameStop shoppers -- but seriously, if they were smart enough to be playing RPGs, they wouldn't be shopping at GameStop.)[/QUOTE]

What he is saying, and I agree with it is this. K-Mart was NOT a place to buy games before Josh, heck I never went to K-Mart more then once MAYBE twice a year before Josh. Most people do not think about K-Mart when it comes to gaming deals, Josh is changing that, but it hasn't changed completely yet. Most "normal/average" gamers go to GameStop (extremely sad but true), Best Buy, and Wal-Mart.

So when it comes to PSP games which sadly do not sell great, add in the fact that your average gamer doesn't shop at K-Mart, then add in that it's a small target audience (no one can deny JRPGs are one of the mid-size genres out there). You have to admit that it's unlikely to sell well because of those factors.

I am extremely excited for Third Birthday and FF4, but I understand where Josh is coming from.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']K-Mart was NOT a place to buy games before Josh[/QUOTE]

It was, you just didn't know about it. ;)

K-Mart clearance used to be a gold mine for cheap games.

[quote name='blindinglights']It was, you just didn't know about it. ;)

K-Mart clearance used to be a gold mine for cheap games.[/QUOTE]

Oh I knew about it, but most K-Marts are in such disarray and rarely can you find help in the electronics department that it makes it worthwhile in most places. My town has two K-Marts within 5 miles of each other and a 3rd one about 15 miles away and I never had any luck with games or staff there until Josh started changing things up.

[quote name='jer7583']Any interest in El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metreon?

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-el-shaddai-ascension-of-the-metatron/17-3937/

Certainly not the 'explode some dudes" game that most americans go crazy over but it looks really great.

Hopefully it can see a very limited release with some deal to hopefully move most of the initial stock quickly.

As for PSP Square/RPG titles - you're dealing with a niche of a niche of a niche at that point. PSP died a year ago or more. The market simply doesn't exist for titles on that platform outside of pre-orders for most retailers, I would think.[/QUOTE]

Sadly Josh already said they are not going to carry El Shaddai.

The thread these days is actually pretty enjoyable just to read through. Just feels different with no one really at each others throats!

Thank you all for the great comments on everything. Love the feedback on the 60/120 deal. Definitely a first for us. We'll see how it goes and tweak it over time to make it work the best we can.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The thread these days is actually pretty enjoyable just to read through. Just feels different with no one really at each others throats!

Thank you all for the great comments on everything. Love the feedback on the 60/120 deal. Definitely a first for us. We'll see how it goes and tweak it over time to make it work the best we can.[/QUOTE]

Josh for the people who live in New Jersey, if we want MK and Portal 2 how are we supposed to take advantage of the deal if there are no point cards for us to buy?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The thread these days is actually pretty enjoyable just to read through. Just feels different with no one really at each others throats!

Thank you all for the great comments on everything. Love the feedback on the 60/120 deal. Definitely a first for us. We'll see how it goes and tweak it over time to make it work the best we can.[/QUOTE]

Josh - I love the recent deals and the newly announced 60/120 one. I have to agree with some of the others that used to never buy games at Kmart (except for those clearance deals from time to time). The newer release games were always full price, no sales to speak of and the electronics was usually very disorganized. My local stores seem to be doing better but it's still best not to "confuse" the clerk by talking about the deal (I just let the register handle it).

My gaming purchases have went from about 80% amazon to about 80% Kmart. I used to never think about Kmart and now this thread is the first thing I check before I buy anything. Keep up the good work.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']What he is saying, and I agree with it is this. K-Mart was NOT a place to buy games before Josh, heck I never went to K-Mart more then once MAYBE twice a year before Josh. Most people do not think about K-Mart when it comes to gaming deals, Josh is changing that, but it hasn't changed completely yet. Most "normal/average" gamers go to GameStop (extremely sad but true), Best Buy, and Wal-Mart.

So when it comes to PSP games which sadly do not sell great, add in the fact that your average gamer doesn't shop at K-Mart, then add in that it's a small target audience (no one can deny JRPGs are one of the mid-size genres out there). You have to admit that it's unlikely to sell well because of those factors.

I am extremely excited for Third Birthday and FF4, but I understand where Josh is coming from.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you remember I brought up Dissidia, 3rd Birthday, and FF IV back in January and that was when we got the $20 PSP game comment. It's sad but the only places to get new PSP games now are pretty much Gamestop or Amazon as Walmart, Target, and Best Buy are downsizing what they have now (did any of those 3 even stock Dissidia?)

a well deserved ban was the perfect remedy

keep them coming...deals not bans

Just to comment on the PSP game talk I work in a kmart electronics and we are a somewhat low-volume store and we still got copies of the 3rd birthday and the one that came out last week, forgot the name. So you should be able to take advantage of the deal as long as they are still in stock.

Are thew new coupon going to be gaming coupon or is it regular coupon? Cuz if it is regular, i can likely add a candy bar to the portal/mk coupon for ti to be over 60.

I have a question that I don't think was answered (if it was, I apologize) but if I got MK and Portal 2, could I get 2 $20 cards for $20 total? (or 10 each if you prefer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back