SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple questions, maybe somebody can help/knows the answers...

- My KMart still has a Fable III Limited Edition left, is this still full price, if not how much is it?

- Any word on when Halo Reach Legendary Edition will be clearanced out? It's already been at $38 twice at Target and my KMart as two mint condition looking boxes in the register glass case.

[quote name='kaydigi']The electronics clearance list. It prints every sunday, there were game drops today also. Only one I recall were both Wii systems $149.99 but still marked as clearance. Josh may have not posted it because of his trip.[/QUOTE]

where's the link to that?

[quote name='gamerdogbert']It was confirmed early on that the $60 offer is a limit of 1 offer per SYWR account.

It has also been confirmed that $20 PSN cards and $19.99 MSP cards count toward the $120 spending requirement, but it has NOT yet been confirmed whether only the first card counts, or any number of cards would count so long as they are not $50 cards.

It is confirmed that $50 cards, all other gaming accessories & hardware do not count.

It is confirmed that the $60 offer comes in the form of a $15 coupon + a $45 coupon, and that those coupons are only good for 4 weeks, not the usual 45 days.

And honestly, I believe that Kmart makes a larger profit on stored-value cards than they do on packaged retail games themselves, so I see no reason why they wouldn't want us to purchase >$120 worth of high-margin cards under this deal.

Personally, because MSP cards are non-refundable, I will wait until other people report here that they successfully bought multiple cards and got the coupons, and then I will go and buy 7 of them. I will then hope for a $39.99 deal on Tiger Woods 12 to occur during the next 4 weeks, or as a backup plan, I'll buy LA Noire if it comes with at least a $20 coupon/discount on release week.[/QUOTE]
The coupons only last for 4 weeks!!??
Would I be able to get LA Noire still?
It comes out in exactly 4 weeks (5/17) from portal 2's release

[quote name='Troutyogurt']The coupons only last for 4 weeks!!??
Would I be able to get LA Noire still?
It comes out in exactly 4 weeks (5/17) from portal 2's release[/QUOTE]Don't worry, the coupon(s) is/are good for 4 weeks starting the Sunday after Portal 2 releases and ending the Saturday of the week L.A. Noire releases: 4/24-5/21. :cool:

[quote name='Vigilante']Don't worry, the coupon(s) is/are good for 4 weeks starting the Sunday after Portal 2 releases and ending the Saturday of the week L.A. Noire releases: 4/24-5/21. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Thank you

Has it been sorted out that the $120 minimum for the 15+45 coupons will be counted before the use of a coupon on the purchase? Just want to make sure I can use my current $20 coupon and still trigger the 15+45 coupons.

[quote name='Trace17']Has it been sorted out that the $120 minimum for the 15+45 coupons will be counted before the use of a coupon on the purchase? Just want to make sure I can use my current $20 coupon and still trigger the 15+45 coupons.[/QUOTE]

The use of coupons/sywr points never affect promotional offers.

I am curious about Mortal Kombat, LA Noire, Brink, and Portal 2 because all have preorder bonus somewhere else. This is becoming annoying in trying to buy somewhere else that has ACTUALLY deals and not just DLC that could just come with it already.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Are you sure it was confirmed that it was limited to 1 coupon transaction per SYWR account? I thought that was just a possible early possibility. [/QUOTE]

This was the last thing he said about it, so I'd believe the fact that there's a limit of 1 until an SHC says different:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For the $60 limit question; it will most likely be a limit 1 this go around. This is just as much of a test as it is an offer. If it proves successful, I'll try to get it approved with higher expansions. (i.e. 180 to 90, 240 to 120 and so forth)[/QUOTE]

And even if it changes, all prior offers have been limit of 2, ever since they switched to requiring a SYWR card in order to receive coupons, so don't count on getting more than 2 of them regardless.

[quote name='danielhonigman']Another deal for you guys:

From 4/10 to 4/16, buy MLB11 The Show for PS3 ($59.99) and save 50% on MLB 2K11 for Xbox 360 (Reg $59.99; $29.99 with the savings).

I posted the full blog post here: http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/buy-mlb11-the-show-ps3-get-2k11-50-percent-off

Hope this helps! (I'm an SHC employee, by the way.)
[/QUOTE]

Good attempt, but if you're buying The Show '11 why the hell would you want the inferior 2k11? Seems $20 off either would have been a better deal and made more sense. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='brewin']Good attempt, but if you're buying The Show '11 why the hell would you want the inferior 2k11? Seems $20 off either would have been a better deal and made more sense. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

If you want to play online 2K11 is the way to go. I get both every year for that reason because as great as The Show is, the online is broken and it's been the same game for over three years now. They tried the analog controls this year but they still pale in comparison to 2K11.

I'm basing this of the 360 version of 2K11. I haven't played the PS3 version to see if it's as good online as it is in the 360.

I would think some hardcore sports fans would buy show for ps3, 2k for 360 or buy the 2k game to play online with friends or something.

[quote name='JCDogg911']I am curious about Mortal Kombat, LA Noire, Brink, and Portal 2 because all have preorder bonus somewhere else. This is becoming annoying in trying to buy somewhere else that has ACTUALLY deals and not just DLC that could just come with it already.[/QUOTE]

The deal for MK and Portal 2 was revealed 2 weeks ago.

Buy $40 of game software get $15 gaming software coupon, buy $120 of game software get $60 gaming software coupon. On top of that save $10 on $20 PSN/XBLA points card with purchase of Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat.

Don't get to exciited about $10 zunes, these would be incredibly YMMV if any are left at all.
I haven't seen a pink zune in a long time.

[quote name='danielhonigman']Another deal for you guys:

From 4/10 to 4/16, buy MLB11 The Show for PS3 ($59.99) and save 50% on MLB 2K11 for Xbox 360 (Reg $59.99; $29.99 with the savings).

I posted the full blog post here: http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/buy-mlb11-the-show-ps3-get-2k11-50-percent-off

Hope this helps! (I'm an SHC employee, by the way.)
[/QUOTE]
Could be the WORST deal of all time. It might even take the top spot.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it is.

this is going to sound odd but I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

If I buy Mortal Kombat - 59.99 and x4 20.00 PSN cards it ends up being 129.99 after the initial 10.00 off the first PSN card. Does the 10.00 off go into effect for the other three? I highly doubt this is the case but I want to make sure.

There isn't any other games I want that week so I was going to pad out anything left after the game with PSN cards.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']this is going to sound odd but I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

If I buy Mortal Kombat - 59.99 and x4 20.00 PSN cards it ends up being 129.99 after the initial 10.00 off the first PSN card. Does the 10.00 off go into effect for the other three? I highly doubt this is the case but I want to make sure.

There isn't any other games I want that week so I was going to pad out anything left after the game with PSN cards.[/QUOTE]The $10 off only applies to one of the cards, so your total of $129.99 would be correct for that purchase.

[quote name='Vigilante']The $10 off only applies to one of the cards, so your total of $129.99 would be correct for that purchase.[/QUOTE]

did josh or ad monster say that? i dont remember anyone sayin it was limited to one but i'm not sure

Took advantage of the $20 Front Mission on my way home.
Joyce in west lebanon , nh was helpful as always.

@finalboss

Do you ever say anything positive?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']did josh or ad monster say that? i dont remember anyone sayin it was limited to one but i'm not sure[/QUOTE]

Seeing as they warned us that buying both Portal and MK along with point cards in one transaction would only apply the discount once even though each game is individually valid for the promotion, yes, they've confirmed that you won't be able to have the discount applied on multiple point cards in a single transaction.

[quote name='DPsycho']Seeing as they warned us that buying both Portal and MK along with point cards in one transaction would only apply the discount once even though each game is individually valid for the promotion, yes, they've confirmed that you won't be able to have the discount applied on multiple point cards in a single transaction.[/QUOTE]

Ah really? When did they say that? Must've missed it. Since there's only a limit of $60 worth of coupons I guess there's no point in finding another game to buy to make it two separate transactions

[quote name='Interfeci']Yeah, Ad Monster said he made it so there'd be only one discounted card per transaction.[/QUOTE]

ohh i remember now... and it was also clear a max of $60 can be received in coupons right?

[quote name='jaredstorm']Tell me, in case I missed it does Portal 2 have a deal going on?[/QUOTE]

first post
4-17 Offer - Buy $40 of gaming software receive $15 gaming coupon. Buy $120 of gaming software receive a $15 + $45 gaming coupon.

Note: $20 of PSN and XBLA count towards this promotion and you can save $10 on them with purchase of either Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

technically, the 2nd part applies to portal two, but it also works wit the first part (which is for all games)

anyone know if next weeks 40/120 coupon will work if you get 39.99 or 119.98 worth of stuff?

as far as i know, games aren't price 60 bucks nor are msp's. they are usually 59.99 or 19.99 respectively.

[quote name='camelking6969']has anybody said what other games will be on sale the week of 4/19. i thought crysis2 and something else was mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Crysis 2 and Fight Night will be at $39.99. There are a bunch of Wii and DS titles that are on sale in the print ad as well.

Here's a question I don't think anyone asked: can we USE the gaming coupons on hardware? This might end up making me get a 3DS.

[quote name='shosh']anyone know if next weeks 40/120 coupon will work if you get 39.99 or 119.98 worth of stuff?

as far as i know, games aren't price 60 bucks nor are msp's. they are usually 59.99 or 19.99 respectively.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the X.99 won't work. You will have to add something else on to get it over $40 or $120.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Nope, the X.99 won't work. You will have to add something else on to get it over $40 or $120.[/QUOTE]
i guess you can't change that? i would like to get 2 msrp games and get the coupon, but since it won't work it seems like a hassle to try and find a filler for 2 cents.

good deal, but i wish it was just simply a b2g1 free deal. but it seems like it ends up being b2, find something else cheap, get 1 free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']I want to clarify some confusion over the $60 gaming coupon promotion.

In order to generate the coupon, it is only valid on gaming software and PSN/XBLA card purchases over $60 before tax.

When it comes time to redeem your coupon, it can be redeemed on software, accessories, and hardware $60 or more before tax.

:D Just another day in the life of SHC Ad Monster fixing the man's blunders\\:D/[/QUOTE]

Just quoting this so the person above who asked about hardware could see the answer. I asked the same question about 30 pages ago because I was hoping for a PS3 deal the week after to use $100 worth of coupons on.

Hm, I feel like I'm the only person in the world not interested in either Portal 2 or MK on release day. Ah well, not like I need more $60 titles to the back log.

[quote name='Mad39er']Is that the right price for RoF? It's hit considerably lower and when the deal broke on release week it was $37.99. Amazon has it for $18.99, I'm not sure how much clearing out you're going to do with that pricing on a 1 year old game.[/QUOTE]

Funny enough, I thought that was a mistype on the RoF price as well. I picked up FM:E yesterday, and I smirked at the big old pile of RoF sitting inside the glass case. I think Sega is holding its hopes too high for that title. I haven't heard bad things, but I haven't heard good, either. Obscurity doesn't mean a game should hold its value, Sega.

On a side note, I will most certainly be picking up Crysis 2 at $39.99. I may not add a $60 game to the backlog, but I can't resist a newer release at $40!

[quote name='MistaBones']Hm, I feel like I'm the only person in the world not interested in either Portal 2 or MK on release day. Ah well, not like I need more $60 titles to the back log. [/QUOTE]

You're not alone, I have no interest in either of them. I don't understand the hype.

Does anyone know if the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment edition will be made available on Kmart's website? That'd clear the $120 mark for the $60 in coupons. Couple that with the damn good deal it already is, and I'd be quite tempted to pull the trigger (no pun intended).

[quote name='shosh']i guess you can't change that? i would like to get 2 msrp games and get the coupon, but since it won't work it seems like a hassle to try and find a filler for 2 cents.

good deal, but i wish it was just simply a b2g1 free deal. but it seems like it ends up being b2, find something else cheap, get 1 free.[/QUOTE]

That was the caveat with them getting the deal approved in the first place. K-Mart wants you to buy more stuff, simple as that. If one of the games you're getting is either Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat, then you can get a $20 points card for $10. They were able to offer that to help make it a little easier to find something that most everyone might have a use for at some point.

[quote name='chriscolbert']That was the caveat with them getting the deal approved in the first place. K-Mart wants you to buy more stuff, simple as that. If one of the games you're getting is either Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat, then you can get a $20 points card for $10. They were able to offer that to help make it a little easier to find something that most everyone might have a use for at some point.[/QUOTE]
well is there anything cheaper to get than a points card? got all the points i need

[quote name='shosh']well is there anything cheaper to get than a points card? got all the points i need[/QUOTE]

You can check the price drop list in post #6 of this thread to see if there are any $4.99 or $9.99 games that you might be interested in if your store even has them (which can be a long shot).

[quote name='chriscolbert']You can check the price drop list in post #6 of this thread to see if there are any $4.99 or $9.99 games that you might be interested in if your store even has them (which can be a long shot).[/QUOTE]
yea considered, but as you said, huge ymmv

[quote name='zapruder']Does anyone know if the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment edition will be made available on Kmart's website? That'd clear the $120 mark for the $60 in coupons. Couple that with the damn good deal it already is, and I'd be quite tempted to pull the trigger (no pun intended).[/QUOTE]

Kmart isnt getting this

I wonder if there would be any new PS3 console deals such as the occasional $50 GC with purchase deal during the four weeks for which the coupon runs. I'd be highly tempted to splurge with my tax refund coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back