SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jkircos']has anyone recieved just a $15 coupon today?[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. Probably most of us who were likely to run out this morning to put the deal to work were going for the better offer, the pair of coupons together. Might not see anyone willfully earning only the $15 one until the new releases hit on Tuesday.

It seems that the $45 is overriding the $15, but it's possible that the issue is with the $15 coupon itself.

People should keep reporting what they're buying and what they're being rewarded in case a pattern emerges. Someone's already pointed out that all reported purchases included points cards. Something to keep an eye one.

EDIT:
[quote name='stone1061']Back into gaming since my girls finally discovered how to play Wii on their own.

Bought
Just Dance 2 $39.99
Just Dance Kids FREE
Toy Story 3 $19.99

Received $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to hear. So it may be a conflict with both coupons earned simultaneously, or the presence of point cards could still be a factor.

[quote name='micca']i was in a chat room w/ kmart support and they said the "Buy $40 in Video Gaming..Get a $15 gaming coupon. Buy $120 or more..Get a $60 gaming coupon." offer is valid online-only. that special offer label appears w/ the 4000 points card online, but it's not appearing w/ the 1600 points card online. therefore it appears the promo is eligible for the 4000 points cards ONLY, and from what kmart support told me, the entire promo itself is available ONLINE-ONLY.[/QUOTE]
I'll have to follow up with the online team tomorrow and see what they have done with this. It seems they inverted the points cards available for the promo. Overall, I hate the "coupon" system in place right now for online and really can't recommend it whole heartedly yet.

[quote name='stone1061']Back into gaming since my girls finally discovered how to play Wii on their own.

Bought
Just Dance 2 $39.99
Just Dance Kids FREE
Toy Story 3 $19.99

Received $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that the error is just with both coupons printing. I thought maybe the $45 coupon was overriding the $15 and it seems it is.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']so now that josh is back, HOPEFULLY, i'll get an answer from an official before i go out and buy stuff
1) if i bought MK and portal at the same time, am i allowed to get two psn cards for 10 off each? (so in total, $20 for $40 worth of psn)
2) is it a limit ofr $60 worth of coupon per sywr members? or per transactions? cuz there r a lot of games i kinda wanna get
3) can i use two sears/kmart gift cards AND my sywr points?

oh and from anyone, has anyone actually gotten teh 15+45 coupons? cuz i've only been seeing issues wit the 15 not being printed[/QUOTE]
1) Yes, you can receive a discounted card for each 2) It is limit one per member and transaction 3) I've only seen reports of the $45 printing out unfortunately which would be a bug and we'll help out anyone who experiences this issue.

I have an email into IT already to get this fixed especially for the new releases.

[quote name='sgaldis']Ughh...another coupon fiasco! So maybe it's the PSN/XBL cards that are messing stuff up? I intend on getting $120 worth of just games, so I'll post if mine goes through.[/QUOTE]
It is definitely in the ad saying you need to receive both the 45 and 15. Any store manager who doesn't offer compensation either directly on the transaction or a gift card to compensate for the $15 is not correct.

We'll be able to compensate via gift card as well. I am sure it will be an easy systemic fix but frustrating nonetheless.

Question: Anyone check their email to see if they received both rewards there?

I just got back from my local kmart. They actually do really well at keeping up with the sales and posting the sale items. However; my $15 coupon didn't print. The worker didn't know about it and sent me to the service desk where I went over it with the manager.

I purchased 2 copies of Crysis 2 for 39.99 so I should have gotten my coupon. I am a rewards member and I get the emails.

The manager and everyone was very nice, the problem is they have no idea or anything regarding the requirements for the coupon and all I have a link on cheapassgamer. I couldn't find any info on kmartgamer.com to show him or on josh's facebook hehe. I let the manager know it wasn't a big deal and I'd just email Josh and see what we can do and he wanted me to CC him in on the email and I have his email. He said I'm the first person they've had and was happy to meet such a well informed person. They were all super nice and I don't blame them as all I had was the kmartgamer thread on a website that isn't even kmart backed haha.

However, I'm crazy excited I got Crysis for me and a buddy so we can now play online! Thanks Josh for the great prices and sales!

Rob

Also of note, the manager actually handed me a printout of all the sale items and his communication from kmartgamer.com and it had all the sale stuff except it was missing the info regarding the coupon. I can't argue with that lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, two quick things.

On the OP, you still have the line about revealing today's deals with 900 likes. Potentially confusing.

I asked this the other day and it probably got buried. I know that the smaller PSN and XBox point cards were specifically keyed for this promotion. Is it right to assume that Wii points have not been keyed as such since they have no connection to the deal? That is, do I assume correctly that buying Wii points won't add toward earning coupons?

[quote name='torosama']I just got back from my local kmart. They actually do really well at keeping up with the sales and posting the sale items. However; my $15 coupon didn't print. The worker didn't know about it and sent me to the service desk where I went over it with the manager.

I purchased 2 copies of Crysis 2 for 39.99 so I should have gotten my coupon. I am a rewards member and I get the emails.

The manager and everyone was very nice, the problem is they have no idea or anything regarding the requirements for the coupon and all I have a link on cheapassgamer. I couldn't find any info on kmartgamer.com to show him or on josh's facebook hehe. I let the manager know it wasn't a big deal and I'd just email Josh and see what we can do and he wanted me to CC him in on the email and I have his email. He said I'm the first person they've had and was happy to meet such a well informed person. They were all super nice and I don't blame them as all I had was the kmartgamer thread on a website that isn't even kmart backed haha.

However, I'm crazy excited I got Crysis for me and a buddy so we can now play online! Thanks Josh for the great prices and sales!

Rob[/QUOTE]
Hey bud, we'll definitely help out. Thanks for posting.

The deal is posted in the national ad for the stores to reference and the Kmartgamer.com blog is also featured in the ad (the deal is also posted there as well).

[quote name='DPsycho']Josh, two quick things.

On the OP, you still have the line about revealing today's deals with 900 likes. Potentially confusing.

I asked this the other day and it probably got buried. I know that the smaller PSN and XBox point cards were specifically keyed for this promotion. Is it right to assume that Wii points have not been keyed as such since they have no connection to the deal? That is, do I assume correctly that buying Wii points don't add toward earning coupons?[/QUOTE]
Good question, the Wii points cards have not been loaded for the deal.

I'll update the OP as well. Thanks!

[quote name='torosama']I just got back from my local kmart. They actually do really well at keeping up with the sales and posting the sale items. However; my $15 coupon didn't print. The worker didn't know about it and sent me to the service desk where I went over it with the manager.

Rob[/QUOTE]

The deal is in this weeks sales flyer. They usually have a few copies lying around the store.

Yeah, I just got back from my purchase: over $120, and all gaming software....the result: only a $45 coupon. The manager was maybe a 5 on the K-Mart helpfullness scale. When she was called over, she did try the classic tactic of trying to tell me that what I bought didn't qualify for the deal ("I think it's only on PS3 or something" just because there was a PS3 game pictured next to the text in the ad). When the cashier and I both pointed out that it was on all gaming software, including sale and clearance items, here was her resolution: "We can return it all, and try to re-ring it on another register" (even though the cashier had already checked her receipt printer, and it was, in fact, working fine). I really wish she could have issued me a gift card right there, or something, but oh well. I guess I'll have to over-burden Josh again.

Any status on the latest round of price drops? I can confirm that Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Fire Emblem Wii are both $29.99, as mentioned in the other thread. I figured I'd have Twilight Princess scanned as well, but it's still $49.99. I also managed to snag a copy of Super Paper Mario, which was $29.99 from the last drop.

[quote name='sgaldis']Yeah, I just got back from my purchase: over $120, and all gaming software....the result: only a $45 coupon. The manager was maybe a 5 on the K-Mart helpfullness scale. When she was called over, she did try the classic tactic of trying to tell me that what I bought didn't qualify for the deal ("I think it's only on PS3 or something" just because there was a PS3 game pictured next to the text in the ad). When the cashier and I both pointed out that it was on all gaming software, including sale and clearance items, here was her resolution: "We can return it all, and try to re-ring it on another register" (even though the cashier had already checked her receipt printer, and it was, in fact, working fine). I really wish she could have issued me a gift card right there, or something, but oh well. I guess I'll have to over-burden Josh again.

Any status on the latest round of price drops? I can confirm that Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Fire Emblem Wii are both $29.99, as mentioned in the other thread. I figured I'd have Twilight Princess scanned as well, but it's still $49.99. I also managed to snag a copy of Super Paper Mario, which was $29.99 from the last drop.[/QUOTE]
Really sucks, no over burden though. Glad we are catching Sunday morning instead of Tuesday at least.

We did add more to the drop list this month and we'll be dropping more in May. I'll update the drops tomorrow when I get back into the office.

Hopefully you guys can get the issue resolved by saturday. I'm off today and was gonna go pick up 3 copies of Crysis 2(friends loved the game) but I'm glad I swung by and read the thread. Next day off is saturday so hopefully (for me at least, not kmart) Crysis 2 doesn't sell out at my "go to" store.

BTW, I bet this isn't the welcome josh was hoping for.

Thanks for the update Josh. While you were gone, there was another thread posted with a few of the titles that dropped to $29.99 (Fire Emblem, Wario games, etc...) but a guy just saw some of the price changes being done in store, so it was by no means a comprehensive list.

Yeah, I imagine you also have a lot of people waiting to do this deal on Tuesday for the new releases, so hopefully this will give you ample time to get the kinks ironed out before you get a big rush. Anyway, I was only getting some older, harder to find games, so I don't mind being a guinea pig, since I know you'll make it right if the store won't!

Thanks again

[quote name='aznhero913']Hopefully you guys can get the issue resolved by saturday. I'm off today and was gonna go pick up 3 copies of Crysis 2(friends loved the game) but I'm glad I swung by and read the thread. Next day off is saturday so hopefully (for me at least, not kmart) Crysis 2 doesn't sell out at my "go to" store.

BTW, I bet this isn't the welcome josh was hoping for.[/QUOTE]
I could have thought of better things to come home to, though I really do think it will be an easy fix and should be good by Tuesday.

[quote name='sgaldis']Thanks for the update Josh. While you were gone, there was another thread posted with a few of the titles that dropped to $29.99 (Fire Emblem, Wario games, etc...) but a guy just saw some of the price changes being done in store, so it was by no means a comprehensive list.

Yeah, I imagine you also have a lot of people waiting to do this deal on Tuesday for the new releases, so hopefully this will give you ample time to get the kinks ironed out before you get a big rush. Anyway, I was only getting some older, harder to find games, so I don't mind being a guinea pig, since I know you'll make it right if the store won't!

Thanks again[/QUOTE]
Really appreciate the help! We'll get it sorted out and make sure you are compensated as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I could have thought of better things to come home to, though I really do think it will be an easy fix and should be good by Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bud!

Hopefully it's just a minor thing where we have to check a box in our SYWR to get the other coupon to print out.

BTW, congrats on the CAG awards!!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh, online there is nothing in the terms to exclude preorders for the $15/$60 in coupons. The deal even shows if you go to any preorder game.[/QUOTE]
I saw this, I leave for a week and things go all crazy :) It's going to be a busy Monday.

[quote name='aznhero913']Thanks Bud!

Hopefully it's just a minor thing where we have to check a box in our SYWR to get the other coupon to print out.

BTW, congrats on the CAG awards!![/QUOTE]
The CAG award thing was simply amazing, very humbling. Thank you all so much.

Definitely want to get in on this but I'll wait until the issues are resolved. I really want to get Crysis 2 for $40 but I'm nearly positive my Kmart has never carried the game. I've never seen it there and they have no spot for it for either system.

[quote name='aem']Definitely want to get in on this but I'll wait until the issues are resolved. I really want to get Crysis 2 for $40 but I'm nearly positive my Kmart has never carried the game. I've never seen it there and they have no spot for it for either system.[/QUOTE]
Every store was sent Crysis 2....in plenty. Stock Boy can track it down for you I'm sure.

[quote name='dkreegz515']i just know my local k-mart would be such a hassle... hopefully one day all these issues get resolved.[/QUOTE]
Well, as we keep trying new things that the company has never tried before, I just hope that each issue only occurs for a short time.

Worst case, the $45 is working and I'll be able to provide a $15 gift card until this get's fixed, which I truly believe should be on Tuesday.

Couple of examples of past issues :)

1. Pricing used to not update correctly (offers used to run from Tuesday through Monday) - We were able to fix that within a month, now it is automated.
2. Coupon stacking, originally, you weren't able to do it. We had a system upgrade put in within a month. Stores still struggled with it, but then we were able to update the wording and most stopped hassling people about it.
3. SYWR points not posting, February was brutal, but March offers ran like clockwork.

This is the first time we've tried this type of offer and I'm kind of frustrated as well as I know if I was in the office last week I'm sure I would have been able to catch it. As I ramble, I am sure we'll be able to isolate the issue and fix it for the future.

The primary issue though that I continue to struggle with is the new release to shelf issue. We've seen improvement over the past month but it still is not close to where it should be.

Josh, what are your thoughts on Toys R Us trying to copy your deals? Since they are trying to copy you, is this going to limit you releasing deals early? I liked it when you gave us the deals 4-6 weeks in advance so I could plan my coupon train.

[quote name='redwing79']Josh, what are your thoughts on Toys R Us trying to copy your deals? Since they are trying to copy you, is this going to limit you releasing deals early? I liked it when you gave us the deals 4-6 weeks in advance so I could plan my coupon train.[/QUOTE]
Not saying this due to an over inflated ego :)

Every single major retailer is now paying serious attention to what we are doing over here. I have to find unique ways to stay ahead of the game. The last conference I was at it was painfully obvious that we have garnered a lot of attention.

I tried three K-Marts, wanting to purchase some combination of Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Homefront for the 360 and Okamiden for the Nintendo DS. First K-Mart in Brookfield, WI had Crysis. That's it. None of the other three games AT ALL. Second K-Mart in West Allis, WI had Crysis and Homefront, NIETHER Okamiden and Bulletstorm. Seriously? These games aren't even half a year old and K-Mart doesn't have them in stock? I tried a third K-Mart in Wauwatosa, WI and they had all three for the 360 but still no Okamiden. This game hasn't even been out a month and it's nowhere at K-Mart! So I decide on two copies of Crysis and one of Homefront and only the 45 dollar coupon prints out! *sigh* This is a lot of running around to do for games no one store has all of for a deal that doesn't work properly. It doesn't help the employees are clueless. I know it's not their fault or Josh's!

[quote name='Ace!']Can I use my SYWR points if I lost my card?

I have the number...but thats it.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have your PIN written down somewhere, you might want to log in to your account online and set it manually ahead of using the points. Then again, I think the PIN was only needed if you had them look up your account via phone number. Still, setting your PIN couldn't hurt.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not saying this due to an over inflated ego :)

Every single major retailer is now paying serious attention to what we are doing over here. I have to find unique ways to stay ahead of the game. The last conference I was at it was painfully obvious that we have garnered a lot of attention.[/QUOTE]

I'm friends with a guy who is head of the gaming department at my Best Buy and friends with a manager of a Gamestop. I haven't purchased a game at either of them in near a year now. I think the last game I bought from non-KMart was Red Dead Redemption on launch day. When I was talking to my friend at Best Buy he asked me to fill out a survey for corporate and tell them that because they won't believe him when he says that people aren't buying games at their store anymore and that customers come in and flat out tell him they buy their games at Kmart now.

I filled out the survey for him cause he's a friend but I mean, Kmart really has become a gaming force to be reckoned with. I don't even think I would leave buying from Kmart at this point if BB started offering the same things because I know how much work and effort Josh has put into the gaming department to get it where it is today.

[quote name='ssr']I'm friends with a guy who is head of the gaming department at my Best Buy and friends with a manager of a Gamestop. I haven't purchased a game at either of them in near a year now. I think the last game I bought from non-KMart was Red Dead Redemption on launch day. When I was talking to my friend at Best Buy he asked me to fill out a survey for corporate and tell them that because they won't believe him when he says that people aren't buying games at their store anymore and that customers come in and flat out tell him they buy their games at Kmart now.

I filled out the survey for him cause he's a friend but I mean, Kmart really has become a gaming force to be reckoned with. I don't even think I would leave buying from Kmart at this point if BB started offering the same things because I know how much work and effort Josh has put into the gaming department to get it where it is today.[/QUOTE]

I don't even think I'd buy jack shit from Best Buy if they did anything to attempt what K-Mart has being doing quite successfully for months now. Everyone was offering 20 dollar gift cards with CoD: Black Ops and they offer a 20 dollar gift card with what, what was it..? A copy of CoD: BO AND a fifty dollar point card? And somehow the brainless visionaries in charge of Best Buy STILL disbelieve people buy games elsewhere? Is this hubris stupidity or both?

Yes, I checked mine - two offers, the $45 coupon and a Dish Network offer. No $15 coupon.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is definitely in the ad saying you need to receive both the 45 and 15. Any store manager who doesn't offer compensation either directly on the transaction or a gift card to compensate for the $15 is not correct.

We'll be able to compensate via gift card as well. I am sure it will be an easy systemic fix but frustrating nonetheless.

Question: Anyone check their email to see if they received both rewards there?[/QUOTE]

The only thing that would get me to consider other retailers again is if each had a Person In Charge running a thread on CAG to communicate with the consumers, take feedback, answer questions personally, and handle problems directly. Essentially, another retailer would have to create a presence here like Josh has and nothing less.

Josh,

First, if you saw my question already and are in the process of answering it, sorry to repost. Otherwise, it would be great if you could answer these questions for me.

1) Can you confirm whether or not this promotion will work on preorders since you can order them online? I'd love to get a copy of Brink or Fear 3 with this.

2) I can't find $20 PSN cards online? Can you give me a sku? Or do they not exist online?

3) I added Portal 2 and an xbox 1600 card to my cart with DAII, and it didn't discount the $10 dollars off the card. Is this offer valid online?

As always thanks for your time and help.

[quote name='DPsycho']The first two have already been answered by an official source. Stockboy has confirmed for #1 that buying both Portal 2 and MK together with two cards will discount both. For #2, it is limited per card, so you can only rightfully earn the full $60 once. As for #3, Josh has confirmed that someone else answering this question was accurate: Once you hit the $120 threshold to earn the coupons, your method of payment doesn't matter. You may use GCs, reward points, whatever, without it affecting the deal.

And it does seem so far that no one has properly been awarded both coupons at the same time. Those earning the $45 one have apparently been denied the $15 one. There have been no reports in this thread of anyone getting both in one transaction.[/QUOTE]

ahh, i remember now, thanks, its been a long few weeks for me, completely slipped my mind haha. and for the 3rd question, i meant could i do it period, not would it affect my eligibility cuz there r some places where u cant do multiple gc's and wat not, thanks

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']1) Yes, you can receive a discounted card for each 2) It is limit one per member and transaction 3) I've only seen reports of the $45 printing out unfortunately which would be a bug and we'll help out anyone who experiences this issue.

I have an email into IT already to get this fixed especially for the new releases.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks :D
might just use another acc if i find my stores have the games i want in stock

Well there's not going to be any problems with SOCOM 4 being posted on time at the South St. Louis County store on Lemay Ferry Rd., they're two days early! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30753951@N04/5629119178

Before anybody asks, I didn't try to buy it because there wasn't another game I wanted. I dislike Crysis 2 (hit detector on your shots is microscopic even on a 32-inch LCD HDTV and I don't like the online gameplay), MK wasn't on the shelf early, and this store was sold out of MLB The Show 11 (sold out of The Show in the middle of the first month of the baseball season; what is this, 2008?)

I was just wondering if KMarts are going to carry the SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Kits. And if so, would it be possible to spend the $120 and get the $60 to be used for the Kit? Because I plan on getting Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 for the $60 and then use that for the FDK, but I don't know if my KMart would carry it if my idea would even be possible.

NOTE: Im not trying to rip off the system, just wondering if it could be done, because $60 off the FDK would be a deal made in heaven

[quote name='option.iv']qf: You would need something as filler for the $60 coupon, it has to be exactly $120 or above pre tax.[/QUOTE]

No I'm asking if I could use the $60 the same day on the SOCOM 4: FDK. Or would I have to wait?

~QF13

[quote name='quickfire13']I was just wondering if KMarts are going to carry the SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Kits. And if so, would it be possible to spend the $120 and get the $60 to be used for the Kit? Because I plan on getting Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 for the $60 and then use that for the FDK, but I don't know if my KMart would carry it if my idea would even be possible.

NOTE: Im not trying to rip off the system, just wondering if it could be done, because $60 off the FDK would be a deal made in heaven

[quote name='AJVtony831']It has been said several times that kmart won't be carrying the full deployment bundle[/QUOTE]

Well that answers my question, thanks :D

~QF13

Initially, the coupon offer was limit one per SYWR account but from what I read from a person who posted the weekly ad, it is one per transaction. If that's so, I wonder what my 4th game will be once I get Socom+Portal 2+$20 PSN on one transaction and MK+????+1600 XBox points on the other.

I'm still debating on whether to jump on this deal or not. Not having another game I really want right now makes it harder for me to want to bite, and I'm still worried that with my 0 for 2 track record of getting this year's SYWR offers to work, that this won't, either. I know this offer isn't the same as that one in terms of what's needed to qualify, but it's enough to make me feel trepidation.

For the 2nd game to get with Portal, the only one I want is Shift 2, and while I bet it's good, I just picked up Shift 1, so I keep asking myself if I really need the second right now, or could wait for a price drop. If I wait, what else would I get? I'm just not sure.

If it weren't for some gift card credit I can use, I'd probably just go to Amazon for Portal 2 since I'm struggling so hard to find a 2nd game. I like this deal Josh, but I'd like it more in September/October/November when there's a plethora of choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back