Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sharkey1337']Hm, did the cashier hit total? I assume so since tax seems to have been included. Did you use your Kmart Rewards ID with the purchase? I did with my purchase on Sunday and it worked out, but it seems like it's the Xbox versions having the trouble, or just the MS points being problematic....[/QUOTE]
You know, I completely forgot to mention my SYWR account, but everything went smoothly otherwise regarding the PS3 version. The cashier seemed a bit flakey, though, like he was stoned, delirious, or not wanting to deal with customers, which is the reason I was sort of off-kilter regarding my purchase. I walked in the store with everything clearly laid out in my mind, went inside, and had a lapse in memory regarding the name Bad Company 2 (there were none present in the display case). I had to explain to him the deal. He was like, "Oh, that game. I have it in the back."

Ugh.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Hm, did the cashier hit total? I assume so since tax seems to have been included. Did you use your Kmart Rewards ID with the purchase? I did with my purchase on Sunday and it worked out, but it seems like it's the Xbox versions having the trouble, or just the MS points being problematic....[/QUOTE]

She hit total. It was to the point where she had given me the total and was waiting for me to hand over the cash. I didn't use my Rewards because I wasn't aware it was needed, so that may be my bad. I don't even have a rewards card. :cry:

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']She hit total. It was to the point where she had given me the total and was waiting for me to hand over the cash. I didn't use my Rewards because I wasn't aware it was needed, so that may be my bad. I don't even have a rewards card. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well it's never been stated, as far as I know, that you need the SYWR number, I'm just guessing at this. =P
Josh did mention the promo should be working, but I think the people that aren't getting the deal to work are getting the Xbox version of the game with the MS points. I would go ahead and email Josh just to get some kind of info if possible.

I bought the 360 version of BFBC2UE and a 1600 pts card. The cashier rang up the card then the game and said the total was (around) 43$. Used some coupons and out in a flash. A fabulous deal since I already had a couple of coupons I needed to use that expire beginning of January! :)

I went to the K-Mart in 34th street and while they do have the game in stock, they don't have the points card in stock. That K-Mart never has 1600 points cards in stock whenever I go. I asked the cashier dude when they'll be stock again and he said tomorrow since a truck always comes every night, so I'll check again tomorrow as soon as possible. Would it be possible for me to buy the game and if the points are not in stock come back say the next day with my receipt and get the points card then?

Josh, as with a lot of others, Kmarts are having problems stocking the points. I have hit up 3 Kmarts here in Portland, and NONE of them have the points, or hardly any accessories. i will send you ann email and let you know the store numbers. I have a gift card and coupons i would like to use, and don't want to have Best Buy PM this as i dislike them, but i know they have the points in stock.

Someone else pointed out a good tip: Check the gift card rack near the front of the store (at my store they're next to the greeting cards). I was able to find both XBLA points and PSN cards there.

I just wanted to echo what others have said about BFBC2UE being in stock but there being no point cards at the stores.

Went to the De Witt, NY store and they said they didn't have the game but I'm betting they didn't put it out yet because they have sucked at putting new games out on time lately. They had only one $20 PSN card in the store and it was near the gift card display.

I drove out to the Mattydale, NY store and they had the game but no cards (yes I looked in the 3 places they can be). The cashier said they hadn't had PSN cards in months and he told management many times they should order more but noone had done anything about it. Bought the game anyway and am hoping the one remaining card at the De Witt store is there tomorrow for a return/rebuy otherwise I'll just return the game.

I checked another store here in the PDX area, and lo and behold, they had 2 BFs and a shiest load of cards. It is really too bad that KMARTs cannot keep even the most simple stuff in stock, ie- controllers, headsets, livecards, etc.

[quote name='Bud Bundy Doll']I checked another store here in the PDX area, and lo and behold, they had 2 BFs and a shiest load of cards. It is really too bad that KMARTs cannot keep even the most simple stuff in stock, ie- controllers, headsets, livecards, etc.[/QUOTE]

which one?

josh -- i emailed you (an essay, sorry) on what went down when i tried to get this bbc deal. i'll keep it out of here, but just wanted you to know.

[quote name='affa']which one?

josh -- i emailed you (an essay, sorry) on what went down when i tried to get this bbc deal. i'll keep it out of here, but just wanted you to know.[/QUOTE]

The Tualatin KMART, off of Nyberg, had quite a bit of them. Perhaps you could buy the game at another KMART and then re-buy it with the points card. I hadn't checked the Oregon City, Gresham or the one on 122nd/Sandy. Perhaps they would have them....

[quote name='Bud Bundy Doll']The Tualatin KMART, off of Nyberg, had quite a bit of them. Perhaps you could buy the game at another KMART and then re-buy it with the points card. I hadn't checked the Oregon City, Gresham or the one on 122nd/Sandy. Perhaps they would have them....[/QUOTE]

I can verify the one on Sandy does not have $20 psn cards. Or any XBLA cards, for that matter, if i remember correctly.

Josh, does the DSI XL 25 dollar gaming coupon print with the Mario DSI XL Bundle? Also is that 169.99 this week as well?

I looked through the thread and didn't see this covered.

I also tried the BFBC2UE deal last night and it was the first deal recently that didn't work. The points card did not get discounted. It was the 360 version of the game and a 1600 point card. This was at the K-Mart on East Washington in Indianapolis.

[quote name='Bud Bundy Doll']The Tualatin KMART, off of Nyberg, had quite a bit of them. Perhaps you could buy the game at another KMART and then re-buy it with the points card. I hadn't checked the Oregon City, Gresham or the one on 122nd/Sandy. Perhaps they would have them....[/QUOTE]

Oregon City does have the points cards but I believe Im sold out of the game on the 360, still have it on the PS3 however.

[quote name='IronClaw']I also tried the BFBC2UE deal last night and it was the first deal recently that didn't work. The points card did not get discounted. It was the 360 version of the game and a 1600 point card. This was at the K-Mart on East Washington in Indianapolis.[/QUOTE]
Just as a heads up; the points card does not get discounted. It is a transactional discount after everything is rung up.

[quote name='Deleeter']I just wanted to echo what others have said about BFBC2UE being in stock but there being no point cards at the stores.

Went to the De Witt, NY store and they said they didn't have the game but I'm betting they didn't put it out yet because they have sucked at putting new games out on time lately. They had only one $20 PSN card in the store and it was near the gift card display.

I drove out to the Mattydale, NY store and they had the game but no cards (yes I looked in the 3 places they can be). The cashier said they hadn't had PSN cards in months and he told management many times they should order more but noone had done anything about it. Bought the game anyway and am hoping the one remaining card at the De Witt store is there tomorrow for a return/rebuy otherwise I'll just return the game.[/QUOTE]
There is no reason for a store to be out of stock on these cards. They literally have zero cost associated with them. The stores have to call for more stock if they are running low to our vendor, and low and behold a box of cards will show up.

I had an issue yesterday like this where a store's register was not booted up correctly in the morning which caused the issue. The deal has been tested a few times. It is either associate or register error. Feel free to shoot me any issue and I'll get back to everyone before I leave for vacation on Thursday.

I went in to buy this for ps3 on Sunday and the Bloomington Il store was completely out of the $20 psn cards also so I just left.

Bought a DSi XL burgundy this morning at #4000 and no $25 coupon printed on receipt (my SYWR card was first thing scanned in).

Associate was very helpful and apologetic and ended up getting me a $25 cash card instead. Which was good since I paid with 2 gaming coupons and 6 gift cards so reringing would have been a pain. Just thought I'd give a story of it working out. Not sure why it didn't print the coupon, sure I'm not the only one.

[quote name='kitm9891']Oregon City does have the points cards but I believe Im sold out of the game on the 360, still have it on the PS3 however.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! It is crazy that there are several CAGs in the Portland area. The only KMART left in the area that is not accounted for is the Gresham one, or perhaps it is in Troutdale...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There is no reason for a store to be out of stock on these cards. They literally have zero cost associated with them. The stores have to call for more stock if they are running low to our vendor, and low and behold a box of cards will show up.[/QUOTE]

Many SoCal K-Marts never restocked 1600 Points Cards since they were wiped out by that $10 coupon deal on them months ago. I haven't seen a single one since then. They didn't have any for the Mass Effect 2 Thanksgiving deal either. Either they never got any more of them or CAGs are buying them up that fast!

The battlefield deal did not ring up again. Luckily the guy in electronics knew about the deal and the manager gave it a $20 discount. Just took a little more time than I wanted it to take and cost me an additional .50 cents.

Yay! Josh fixed my issue. Thanks again.
I wasnt planning on bad company, but the deal was too good.
I must be a sucker for free points cards.

Dead space 2 demo is up on xbox live.
I am planning on that being my next purchase.

[quote name='Megatim81']Yay! Josh fixed my issue. Thanks again.
I wasnt planning on bad company, but the deal was too good.
I must be a sucker for free points cards.

Dead space 2 demo is up on xbox live.
I am planning on that being my next purchase.[/QUOTE]
Always a pleasure :)

It's been quite the ride of taking over the customer service, well, from customer service. But I'm really starting to dig it. It sucks that I'm not on the boards as much but as long as I know everyone is taken care of that is what matters most.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Always a pleasure :)

It's been quite the ride of taking over the customer service, well, from customer service. But I'm really starting to dig it. It sucks that I'm not on the boards as much but as long as I know everyone is taken care of that is what matters most.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I just hope you havent lost your ability to enjoy Christmas... It seems very common for retail employees to lose sight of the season with the dm complaining about numbers, parents complaining about their kids not getting everything they want (which is clearly the employee's fault), and being overworked & underpaid/underappreciated.
"what am i supposed to tell my kids when they dont get what they asked for?"
Me: tell them to be thankful for what they got.

I dont manage mall retail locations anymore:)
I also played charlie brown Christmas all day the week of Christmas.
I was THAT boss.

[quote name='kitm9891']Oregon City does have the points cards but I believe Im sold out of the game on the 360, still have it on the PS3 however.[/QUOTE]

Just to add to this without simply editing it and it going unnoticed. We do still have 2 copies on each system and points cards/PSN cards as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Always a pleasure :)

It's been quite the ride of taking over the customer service, well, from customer service. But I'm really starting to dig it. It sucks that I'm not on the boards as much but as long as I know everyone is taken care of that is what matters most.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to thank you for sorting out the issue I had with the coupon not printing for Gran Turismo 5. :applause:

Cashed out the software only coupon on New Vegas and calling it quits for the year. Had to wait an awfully long time because the electronics worker with the keys was being held hostage by a lady buying DS games for her kids for Christmas, and she looked at practically every game behind the glass case asking questions about them :( See you again with LBP2.

Sorry if this has been covered but can we expect a deal on DC Universe Online now that the release date of Jan. 11th has been announced?

Got lucky with the B1G150% off deal on the Kinect games. Only needed Dance Central and Your Shape and only a couple copies of each left and almost all other Kinect games were sold out.

My mom got my dad a 4GB 360 Kinect Bundle for Christmas so I figured I would pick him up a couple games for it. They do not know jack about gaming though so this should be a interesting Christmas hooking it up for them...:lol:

What are the general guidelines as far as collectors editions go? My Kmart usually has quite a few CEs in stock when the respective game comes out, but I can never tell in advance what they'll have. I haven't really checked in on this forum much since it started, I can remember the line back then was "send a request to our stock guy and he will have them sent to your store", is that still more or less the golden rule? I'd really like to get in on that LBP 2 CE.

Josh- email sent to you sir,

No luck with the PSN $20 cards in southern AZ, so couldn't get in on the Battlefield deal yet. Still got a few days left, so here's to hoping.

Josh,

How often do stores re-stock games? I want to buy Mario vs. DK Miniland Mayhem for DS before my coupons expire in early January, but none of the stores around me have it in stock.

Thanks.

Awesome, my brother wanted to get Tron Evolution, since he's become a Tron junkie, so this deal is exactly what he wanted. Thanks bro.

[quote name='Killbomb']Sorry if this has been covered but can we expect a deal on DC Universe Online now that the release date of Jan. 11th has been announced?[/QUOTE]
I want to, but I have to tell you this was a complete shocker. I was just told yesterday as well. I usually now release dates way in advance. Very difficult to get everything lined up with this type of lead time. Definitely trying to work something out.

[quote name='Megatim81']Indeed. I just hope you havent lost your ability to enjoy Christmas... It seems very common for retail employees to lose sight of the season with the dm complaining about numbers, parents complaining about their kids not getting everything they want (which is clearly the employee's fault), and being overworked & underpaid/underappreciated.
"what am i supposed to tell my kids when they dont get what they asked for?"
Me: tell them to be thankful for what they got.

I dont manage mall retail locations anymore:)
I also played charlie brown Christmas all day the week of Christmas.
I was THAT boss.[/QUOTE]
Not even a little, it's my first Christmas with lil' Josh so I haven't been more excited in a long time.

Had a little bit of an issue buying Battlefield yesterday. A manager had to override it for me to get the MS Points card. Still with coupons, the grand total came out to be $10.69. Not bad if I do say so myself.

[quote name='jmarano7836']Josh- email sent to you sir,

No luck with the PSN $20 cards in southern AZ, so couldn't get in on the Battlefield deal yet. Still got a few days left, so here's to hoping.[/QUOTE]
I sent a note to ops that I am receiving feedback that the Xbox Live/PSN Cards, that are absolutely free to carry are not stocked at store level. Our supplier is showing every store with on hand qty's so there is definitely a discrepancy I am having ops investigate.

Starting tomorrow I am going on vacation until after New Years Day. Just a heads up for customer issues and all that jazz. I'll catch up with everyone who has emailed me up through today as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Starting tomorrow I am going on vacation until after New Years Day. Just a heads up for customer issues and all that jazz. I'll catch up with everyone who has emailed me up through today as well.[/QUOTE]
I'll hold the fort while you're gone. j/k

Happy Holidays.

Is there any way to print out a temporary shop your way card? Pretty frustrating that I have about $38 of points but can't use theme in-store without the physical card which I never received. At this point I don't think I'll continue on the coupon train if these points remain unusable.

whao whoah Josh, dont forget about me and my 75.000 points that SYWR still hasnt responded about. But then again did you get the email they sent about how to redeem points like if that wasnt already done.

just got your email again josh, thanks. Lets see if they'll finally reply or SOMETHING.

sorry josh but seems emails are useless. I called them up again about 10 mins ago and they actually picked up quick and FINALLY manually added the points. I now see the change. WOOHOO. great. thanks though for the continuation emails and stuff.

[quote name='ampatrao']Is there any way to print out a temporary shop your way card? Pretty frustrating that I have about $38 of points but can't use theme in-store without the physical card which I never received. At this point I don't think I'll continue on the coupon train if these points remain unusable.[/QUOTE]

it's weird actually. I don't have the card so just give my phone #. One time however, the cashier told me to type in my PIN. I did and that transaction used my credit to take care of the balance (paid in coupons with $6 left before card credit). I suggest you say that you want to use your points to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back