Last Movie You Saw Strikes Back

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Land of the Dead. Best movie of the year. 12 out of 10. Or wait no last movies i saw were Run ROnnie Run then Some Kind of Monster.[/QUOTE]

Also saw Land of the Dead. I wouldn't call it best movie of the year (so far that goes to Sin City followed by Batman Begins) but it was still damn good.

Rififi

Awesome awesome awesome movie. Probably the best heist/caper film out there. The highlight was a 20-30 minute sequence where the heist takes place, with no music or dialogue, just the sound effects of the guys working. There were a few moments where I had to remind myself to keep breathing. :D

[quote name='modium']Rififi

Awesome awesome awesome movie. Probably the best heist/caper film out there. The highlight was a 20-30 minute sequence where the heist takes place, with no music or dialogue, just the sound effects of the guys working. There were a few moments where I had to remind myself to keep breathing. :D[/QUOTE]

Damn you, I already made my 3rd DDD order. :bomb:

That's ok, it's not OOS anyway. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Damn you, I already made my 3rd DDD order. :bomb:

That's ok, it's not OOS anyway. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Just toss out another order, there's plenty of coupon codes. ;)

Just finished up Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Up next is something Herzog.

Land of the Dead. Excellent film, but I'm sort of iffy on the idea of thinking zombies. Great acting in it, and was very enjoyable for a zombie flick.

Incident at Loch Ness

Hard to describe without giving a lot of it away. But, I will say that the whole thing had me in stitches. Even if you don't know who the hell Werner Herzog is, it's worth a shot. Just don't let it go over your head like it did with, say, Chris Gore. :lol:

Just saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith -- really enjoyed it... I liked the whole Spy vs. Spy feel it had... Was planning on seeing Land of the Dead, but I felt that movie was better suited for a group to go see, which they bailed on me - so maybe tomorrow :)

Got home and watched the :hot: :bow: Evanescence Anywhere But Home dvd \\:D/ :bouncy:

Land of the Dead and Escape From Alcatraz (while I was at work).

:applause: Just got back from Batman Begins......2:15am showing at the drive in, with a picnic lunch, popcorn, candy.....all the romantic stuff. Oh yeah, the movie fucking rocked.:bow:

[quote name='KrazyKefka']Blade Trinity. It was so-so.[/QUOTE]

I loved it. Triple H was perfect as the assholish vampire. Some of his lines were just perfect.

Clash By Night

Surprisingly good, especially since I'm not a big fan of the Black Widow herself, Ms. Stanwyck. Bring on the Noir set!

Saw constantine finally but couldnt really here dialogue well, just loud sound fx so I didnt understand what was really goin on. Not really a great movie

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I loved it. Triple H was perfect as the assholish vampire. Some of his lines were just perfect.[/QUOTE]

I thought Triple H was absolutely terrible in that film. I thought the majority of Blade Trinity was terrible and was quite possilbly, the worst in the series.

Saw Cursed the Unrated Version last night. Only good thing about it was the trailers it showed before the movie. By the way, another great John Wayne movie is The Quiet Man. can't go wrong there.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I thought Triple H was absolutely terrible in that film. I thought the majority of Blade Trinity was terrible and was quite possilbly, the worst in the series.[/QUOTE]

absolutly correct.

[quote name='jaykrue']Bewitched. Had to go see it with a bunch of girls. While chick-flicky in nature, Ferrell makes up for it.[/QUOTE]

I would think Nicole Kidman makes up for that. ;) :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I would think Nicole Kidman makes up for that. ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nicole is one of those girls that is a halfthis. In other words, half this time she looks hot, half that time she doesn't. Nicole has one of those faces that looks good only from certain angles and if the camera isn't showing it, she doesn't seem that attractive to me.

[quote name='jaykrue']Nicole is one of those girls that is a halfthis. In other words, half this time she looks hot, half that time she doesn't. Nicole has one of those faces that looks good only from certain angles and if the camera isn't showing it, she doesn't seem that attractive to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see that. But when she's hot she's like the sun. :lol:

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)

Note to self: Don't watch two movies filmed from the same screenplay in the same weekend. Even still, I didn't think the '41 version was good, not even Ingrid could save it.

Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe. IMDB says it all:

Herzog once promised to eat his shoe if a certain young American film student went out and actually made the film he was always only talking about. The young student was Errol Morris, who met the challenge with his off-beat 1978 pet cemetery documentary Gates of Heaven (and went on to make The Thin Blue Line and Fast, Cheap and Out of Control ). Herzog makes good on his promise in this film.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I thought Triple H was absolutely terrible in that film. I thought the majority of Blade Trinity was terrible and was quite possilbly, the worst in the series.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree. Trinity was definitely the weakest of the three.

Batman Begins - 4/5 Good flick but I had a few issues with it. 1. Batman's voice was awful. 2. Batmobile was ugly and not a Batmobile but a Battank.

[quote name='spoo']Batman Begins - 4/5 Good flick but I had a few issues with it. 1. Batman's voice was awful. 2. Batmobile was ugly and not a Batmobile but a Battank.[/QUOTE]

I agree on 1 but not 2. I already explained the reason behind the tank as well but I'll repeat just to make sure everyone knows it again. The tank makes sense considering this is a Batman origin story and thus you're going to see a Batman who is still a bit of a noob, a lil green, an amateur in the War on Crime. So what does he do? He's going to use gadgets and toys that will seem excessive by normal Batman standards because he's not efficient yet. He doesn't know the best gadgets/fighting techniques that make Batman a human super-soldier ninja guy. Plus it works on a conceptual scale compared to Joel "I love Bat nipples" Schumacher's Batmobile that drives up the sides of buildings.

I laughed so hard throughout the whole movie.

The Movie is called "Cuckoo"

Won Official Selection from Telluride Film Festival
Winner Best Director, Best Actor, FIPRESCI PRIX-Moscow International Film Festival
Official Selection-Toronto International Film Festival

Description from the DVD (It does a better job than I do)

1944, in a land torn apart by war, a Finnish sniper is labeled a coward by his compatriots; as punishment, he is nailed to a rock and left to his own devices. Not long after, a disgraced Russian Captian, en route to his court martial, is injured in an accident. Wounded and emotionally torutred, they are taken in by Anni, a young resourceful war widow, who offers shelter to one while nursing the other back to health.

Absolutely great movie. The cinematography, the dialogue and the acting. I may show this to my students...Try to find an excuse to anyways...

Just finished watching Return of the Jedi (after seeing the other two yesterday).

I finally got the Star Wars trilogy on DVD yesterday, and I must say it's a beautiful thing. It looks incredible now that it's digitally remastered. With all the bonus material and commentary, it'll give me even more hours of enjoyment. :D

I just saw Batman Begins too.

[quote name='jaykrue']I agree on 1 but not 2. I already explained the reason behind the tank as well but I'll repeat just to make sure everyone knows it again. The tank makes sense considering this is a Batman origin story and thus you're going to see a Batman who is still a bit of a noob, a lil green, an amateur in the War on Crime. So what does he do? He's going to use gadgets and toys that will seem excessive by normal Batman standards because he's not efficient yet. He doesn't know the best gadgets/fighting techniques that make Batman a human super-soldier ninja guy. Plus it works on a conceptual scale compared to Joel "I love Bat nipples" Schumacher's Batmobile that drives up the sides of buildings.[/QUOTE]

I have to say I agree with you on number 2 as well, but I disagree on 1. I think the voice was great. Just read what you wrote jaykrue. Batman is still, as you so brilliantly put it, a noob. So what does he do? He adopts a voice to scare the living crap out of villians. "HOLY CRAP!!! I'm being attacked by a BEAR!!!" Bruce just needs to find a middle ground. Right now he's a bit uncomfortable.

[quote name='Protagonist42']I just saw Batman Begins too.

I have to say I agree with you on number 2 as well, but I disagree on 1. I think the voice was great. Just read what you wrote jaykrue. Batman is still, as you so brilliantly put it, a noob. So what does he do? He adopts a voice to scare the living crap out of villians. "HOLY CRAP!!! I'm being attacked by a BEAR!!!" Bruce just needs to find a middle ground. Right now he's a bit uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

Well, the voice is a necessity since roughly disguising it helps to prevent the revelation of his identity but I don't think Christian Bale does it well. He's got everything else down - the look, the atmosphere, but the voice was... I dunno.. off. If only they could've used the voice of the guy who was on the animated Batman (Kevin Conroy). If there was a Batman voice out there - he's the one.

Well, even though I've been around long enough to have seen the previous Batman movies, I haven't. It has also been long enough since I've seen the cartoon that I can't remember exactly how his voice sounded. My point being I think I benefit from having no preconceived ideas of how I thought the movie should have been. I realy enjoyed it and now I'll think about seeing the others. Maybe I'll buy the animated series too... Any recommendations on which volume to get?

bread's done
Back