Late Night CAG's 2005 Edition

[quote name='twiztidjester']I bought Leon The Professional DX Edition, RE4 and a pack of smoke all for 35.00 today.[/quote]
What a coincidence! I was just asking a friend what all the hubbub over Leon The Professional is all about, since I haven't even heard of the movie. He hadn't seen it either.

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='twiztidjester']Nope i stayed up past 7:eek:o tonight. Like my sig javil?[/quote]
If only the Half-Life shroom wasn't all dithered. :?[/quote]

Can you fix it?

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Javil'][quote name='minos1067']hey, i'm going for a pack of smokes. anybody want anything?[/quote]
I used to tell my folks that the main reason I don't take up smoking is because then I wouldn't have enough money for my videogames, DVDs, etc. :p[/quote]

I bought Leon The Professional DX Edition, RE4 and a pack of smoke all for 35.00 today.[/quote]

Now just wait a few years till that pack of smokes becomes a pack a day and then where will your gamming money be?

[quote name='twiztidjester']Can you fix it?[/quote]
No problem. I'll have it for you tomorrow. I'd do it right now, but I was actually going to go for a jog in a few.

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='twiztidjester']I bought Leon The Professional DX Edition, RE4 and a pack of smoke all for 35.00 today.[/quote]
What a coincidence! I was just asking a friend what all the hubbub over Leon The Professional is all about, since I haven't even heard of the movie. He hadn't seen it either.[/quote]

Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and Natalie Portman star in it, it is about a profession murderer and stuff blows up. It is really good.

[quote name='twiztidjester']Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and Natalie Portman star in it, it is about a profession murderer and stuff blows up. It is really good.[/quote]
:rofl:

So, is it more about the style than the plot, like Kill Bill?

[quote name='rawisjericho']I just got done playing RE4 for the night, it's a great game.[/quote]

Yes it is BTW what chapter are you on? I am on 2-1 and do you know how many chapter there are in the game ?

[quote name='zionoverfire']Now just wait a few years till that pack of smokes becomes a pack a day and then where will your gamming money be?[/quote]

:whistle2:k ........................ #-o

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='twiztidjester']Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and Natalie Portman star in it, it is about a profession murderer and stuff blows up. It is really good.[/quote]
:rofl:

So, is it more about the style than the plot, like Kill Bill?[/quote]

No it is about both it is just to much to type at 4 in the morning.

[quote name='twiztidjester']No it is about both it is just to much to type at 4 in the morning.[/quote]
If I bought this, it'd be a completely blind buy. I do like stylish action movies, though, so I may pick it up if I find a good deal on it. If I were smart, I'd at least read a synopsis of it, but meh... too lazy.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='rawisjericho']I just got done playing RE4 for the night, it's a great game.[/quote]

Yes it is BTW what chapter are you on? I am on 2-1 and do you know how many chapter there are in the game ?[/quote]

I believe I am somewhere in chapter 2. I just got to the docks.
I have no clue how many chapters are in the game. I am 3 hours into the game and IGN said it has around 20 hours of gameplay in it.

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='twiztidjester']No it is about both it is just to much to type at 4 in the morning.[/quote]
If I bought this, it'd be a completely blind buy. I do like stylish action movies, though, so I may pick it up if I find a good deal on it. If I were smart, I'd at least read a synopsis of it, but meh... too lazy.[/quote]

CC has it for 14.99 its worth it ill find a synopsis from amazon

French director Luc Besson ("The Messenger"; "The Fifth Element") made his U.S. film debut with this intelligent thriller of an Italian hitman who is untouchable. "Leon" stars Jean Reno ("The Big Blue") plays Leon, a professional hitman with ninja-like skills, who eliminates rivals for a mob boss (Danny Aiello).

After a corrupt cop (Gary Oldman) eliminates the family residing next door due to a drug transaction gone wrong, Leon finds himself the guardian of young Mathilda (Natalie Portman in her screen debut). Taking Mathilda under his helm, Leon teaches her the art of the "cleaner". However, danger lurks around every corner, and Leon must protect Mathilda from the same cops who killed her family.

Considered by many to be his masterpiece, "Leon" was originally released in the United States under the title "The Professional". However due to the feeling that American audiences might find some material unacceptable, over 24 minutes of the film was edited out. Finally, Columbia/Tri-Star has made an excellent decision in releasing the uncut, international version of this excellent film in the U.S.

While the film's central theme revolves around Leon and his job, the subplot where Mathilda develops an attraction for Leon is reminiscent of the novel/film "Lolita". The chemistry between both characters in a father/daughter relationship can be intense, especially as we notice that Mathilda is in her puberty-stage.

Jean Reno is excellent as always, and Gary Oldman gives a chilling performance as Stansfield, the wicked DEA officer who murdered Mathilda's family in cold blood. However, the real scene-stealer in this film has to be Natalie Portman. This beautiful young girl radiates beauty and professionalism throughout the film. Her porcelain-looking skin, and her big brown eyes are well utilized in this film, making her character more childish, yet mature to a certain extent. Portman proved to audiences in this film that she was no flash in the pan, and in her subsequent films, she continues to be a scene-stealer. She is truly Hollywood's most gifted young actress.

In this version, most of the 24 minutes that were left out in the film's 1994 release in the U.S. mainly involves both Leon and Mathilda going on "cleaning sweeps" where she gets first hand training in the art of assassination. The other half of these minutes focuses on Mathilda's attraction to Leon. Her persistent attempts to be intimate with Leon all fail, but we finally understand why Leon remains a loner when it comes to affairs if the heart. Some might be uncomfortable about the idea of Mathilda and Leon sharing a bed together, but Besson paints this scene as one involving platonic love and not sex.

In wrapping up, I recommend this film for anyone who enjoys a nonstop, high-impact thriller in the same tradition as the "Matrix," "Blade," or "Dead Calm". Luc Besson truly is one of the world's greatest action directors, and "Leon" captures his magic. An excellent, pulstaing film from beginning to end!

Oh, I had no idea it was an unedited version of The Professional. I saw that movie a looong time ago. I have practically no memory of it, though.

On a side note, Lolita is one of my favorite films ever. :whistle2:$

[quote name='Javil']Oh, I had no idea it was an unedited version of The Professional. I saw that movie a looong time ago. I have practically no memory of it, though.

On a side note, Lolita is one of my favorite films ever. :whistle2:$[/quote]+

Never seen it also on a side note i learned that ia m the only person in the world who has not seen Star Wars 4-6

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Javil']Oh, I had no idea it was an unedited version of The Professional. I saw that movie a looong time ago. I have practically no memory of it, though.

On a side note, Lolita is one of my favorite films ever. :whistle2:$[/quote]+

Never seen it also on a side note i learned that ia m the only person in the world who has not seen Star Wars 4-6[/quote]

You're not the only one twiztid, I haven't seen Star Wars 4-6 either :p

[quote name='twiztidjester']Never seen it also on a side note i learned that ia m the only person in the world who has not seen Star Wars 4-6[/quote]
What the--?! :shock:

That's insane. You're definitely the first person I've met who hasn't seen the original Star Wars trilogy. That's just plain blasphemy.

*Sees RisJ's confession* What the hell is going on tonight?! I'm at a loss for words...

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='twiztidjester']Never seen it also on a side note i learned that ia m the only person in the world who has not seen Star Wars 4-6[/quote]
What the--?! :shock:

That's insane. You're definitely the first person I've met who hasn't seen the original Star Wars trilogy. That's just plain blasphemy.

*Sees RisJ's confession* What the hell is going on tonight?! I'm at a loss for words...[/quote]

It is on my to do list after i beat RE4, star ocean and xenosaga.

[quote name='Javil']...............
I'm not calling it a night yet, but I'm going to go exercise for a bit and let this seep in. :p[/quote]

Fine im gonna be gone in about 30 minutes

[quote name='twiztidjester']Fine im gonna be gone in about 30 minutes[/quote]
And you call yourself a Late Nighter. :roll:

I won't be back by then, so good night. I'll have that fixed sig for you tomorrow night.

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='twiztidjester']Fine im gonna be gone in about 30 minutes[/quote]
And you call yourself a Late Nighter. :roll:

I won't be back by then, so good night. I'll have that fixed sig for you tomorrow night.[/quote]

cool i am a late nigter just not tonight or last night

30 minutes?

Pfft. I've got 2 and a half hours left in me.. *counts* 430am.. that'd put me at 7am.. yep, 7am is bedtime.

RE4? Man. I played that tonight.. got freaked out beyond comprehension.

I must borrow the GC from my brother and play it in the dark. The first chapter is intense.. especially with the ladders and windows and ugh. Assholes. *spinkicks head*

[quote name='Scorch']30 minutes?

Pfft. I've got 2 and a half hours left in me.. *counts* 430am.. that'd put me at 7am.. yep, 7am is bedtime.

I must borrow the GC from my brother and play it in the dark. The first chapter is intense.. especially with the ladders and windows and ugh. Assholes. *spinkicks head*[/quote]

Must you keep reminding me how much better you are than me. Yea the first chapter kicked ass.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='Scorch']30 minutes?

I must borrow the GC from my brother and play it in the dark. The first chapter is intense.. especially with the ladders and windows and ugh. Assholes. *spinkicks head*[/quote]

Must you keep reminding me how much better you are than me. Yea the first chapter kicked ass.[/quote]

How much better I am than you? How am I better than you? Oh, I got RE4 for 10 cents. Hah.

[quote name='kaji7p56']You exercise at this time of night? You must have a lot of energy. Do you do Coke?[/quote]
No, of course not! :bouncy:

I'm just a true night owl. I usually go to bed at around 4-5 a.m. and wake up at around 12-1. I then have work or a night class at 5, so I only have time to jog in the middle of the night. I usually like to get it done at midnight, but sometimes I get caught up with something. I think the latest I ever jogged was 3:30 a.m. :lol:

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='kaji7p56']You exercise at this time of night? You must have a lot of energy. Do you do Coke?[/quote]
No, of course not! :bouncy:

I'm just a true night owl. I usually go to bed at around 4-5 a.m. and wake up at around 12-1. I then have work or a night class at 5, so I only have time to jog in the middle of the night. I usually like to get it done at midnight, but sometimes I get caught up with something. I think the latest I ever jogged was 3:30 a.m. :lol:[/quote]

I see. I can't jog where I live. I'd get mugged, beaten, and raped before I even reached the corner.

Damn it. They just showed a McDonalds commercial. Now I want a quarter pounder with cheese.

Must resist.. (My McDonalds is open 24 hours.. woohoo!)

[quote name='Scorch']Damn it. They just showed a McDonalds commercial. Now I want a quarter pounder with cheese.

Must resist.. (My McDonalds is open 24 hours.. woohoo!)[/quote]

Damn it. Now you got me thinking about one. I know I shouldn't eat before I sleep, but...

[quote name='kaji7p56']I see. I can't jog where I live. I'd get mugged, beaten, and raped before I even reached the corner.[/quote]
Indeed, I'm lucky. Not only do I live in a good neighborhood, but there are also a couple of cops who live on this street, so I have yet to have a patrolling cop ask me what the hell I'm doing. :lol:

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='spoo']I'm allways on lCAG @ late night but newbie to "late night CAG".[/quote]

then where the hell is your shroom?[/quote]

I don't have a shroom.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='spoo'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='kaji7p56']I am up.[/quote]

No you are not[/quote] 8-[ :puke:[/quote]

Perv....wait your a CAG[/quote]
I don't get my own jokes.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='kaji7p56']I am up.[/quote]

No you are not[/quote]

Here I am![/quote].

Woohoo it is a party now.

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='kaji7p56']I am up.[/quote]

No you are not[/quote]

Here I am![/quote].

Woohoo it is a party now.[/quote]

I'm goin to sleep.

+1

bread's done
Back