LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']For $300 you can have mine. Hell I'll give you a deal, $200 and you can have him! :)[/quote]

Haha. I'll trade you a darth vader for him :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']$100 for 1,601 pieces! So the cheaper sets get more expensive, 176 for $23 horse trailer, or $100 for 1,600 pieces.[/quote]

No way I thought that would be $100! Sweet!!

[quote name='n64ra']No way I thought that would be $100! Sweet!![/quote]

Well LEGO said it would be $100, but what they say and what they mean or do isn't the same. With the price of the other sets going up I figured they would increase this price.

That is a very reasonable price for the marketplace set. I can see that on my birthday or Christmas list next year. ;)

That marketplace is mine if it is $100. Hopefully Amazon will sell it and I can use my Amex 25% off coupon on it. That will go great with the mega castle I'm going to build using two castle sets :)

You want to hear an even better deal? It's a holy fucking shit deal! It's a deal that I now kind of which I didn't spend $97 on the Factory sets on sale (and some little things).

It's such a deal I don't think I'm going to share it. :lol:

Amazon has Green Grocer and Cafe Corner on sale.

Cafe Corner is $20 off... which happens a lot really on Amazon. And for some reason is now $2.16 more than 5 minutes ago...

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Make-Create-Caf%C3%A9-Corner/dp/B000OTF4CQ/ref=pd_ts_t_44?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

However the big holy Jebus fucking shit deal would...

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-...LZC3W/ref=pd_ts_t_31?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

$114.50 for 2352 pieces!!!! That's 25% off!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']You want to hear an even better deal? It's a holy fucking shit deal! It's a deal that I now kind of which I didn't spend $97 on the Factory sets on sale (and some little things).

Cafe Corner is $20 off... which happens a lot really on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Make-Cre...TF4CQ/ref=pd_ts_t_44?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-...LZC3W/ref=pd_ts_t_31?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

:)[/quote]

Yeah I saw that last night.

Wife works for an Amazon affliate so I was browsing all their price drops that went into effect yesterday.

There are a few other lego sets too that dropped about 25%... not many.

Anyways the reason I couldn't post it was because the wife grounded me from my computer till I cleaned up all my boxes of legos :whistle2:# And she also played the sex card... so...

anyways, I probably could have said something here now but I didn't know exactly which sets again...

[quote name='bigdaddy']You want to hear an even better deal? It's a holy fucking shit deal! It's a deal that I now kind of which I didn't spend $97 on the Factory sets on sale (and some little things).

Cafe Corner is $20 off... which happens a lot really on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Make-Cre...TF4CQ/ref=pd_ts_t_44?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

:)[/quote]

Damnit... I just spent $120 on the Eiffel Tower... but I can get the Green Grocer for $85 using that coupon!!! My wallet is going to hate me.

What does everyone think about some sets having multiple instruction booklets instead of just one? I don't see the benefit. A) It is easier to keep track of one book. B) It can't cost less for LEGO to print multiple books.

I am not talking about the packs labeled with letters. I see those are usually for 'easy building'.

I don't think it's an opinion for LEGO, they need some sets to have two booklets. If you have a thicker booklet it would be harder to keep open. I have a walking R2D2 Technic set, it's neat, and the book is huge and never really stays open, but it's like a book, and glue and not stapled. Plus I can't see it costing all that much more for 2 booklets instead of one.

[quote name='n64ra']What does everyone think about some sets having multiple instruction booklets instead of just one? I don't see the benefit. A) It is easier to keep track of one book. B) It can't cost less for LEGO to print multiple books.

I am not talking about the packs labeled with letters. I see those are usually for 'easy building'.[/quote]

I don't get where you are coming from?

Which sets have this? because except for maybe the easy building, unless it's a seperate structure, then I don't see the problem in it.

Wow... Does the huge amount of LEGO sales, and the percentage off, further proof the economy is so bad we will be eating LEGO bricks next year?

I really just think it's "clearance" for the older sets, to make room for the new ones. I do believe that an investment in Lego's may be safer than in stocks right now.

[quote name='encendido5']Damnit... I just spent $120 on the Eiffel Tower... but I can get the Green Grocer for $85 using that coupon!!! My wallet is going to hate me.[/quote]

[quote name='yakkotank']Thanks, guys.

Just bought the Green Grocer from Target with free shipping and 25% off, plus the 10% coupon and 20% cashback.[/quote]

Can you guys give more info on these coupons you are using and the cashback promo also...thanks.

[quote name='180husher']Can you guys give more info on these coupons you are using and the cashback promo also...thanks.[/QUOTE]

Here you go!

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I don't have the money for the falcon, but here are some coupons:
10% off at target: 7N584R3M
20% CashBack live search at target

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='encendido5']KB filed for bankruptcy. I heard from a buddy that they're going to start liquidating their stores starting Monday.[/quote]

I know, but that TIE has been gone for years and years now.

And yes they have to clear out some room for the 2009 sets, but Target and Amazon getting rid of exclusives is still weird. I wish I had an extra $100 to spend. In a warehouse there should be room for CC and GG, those won't be discontinued anytime soon.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I know, but that TIE has been gone for years and years now.

And yes they have to clear out some room for the 2009 sets, but Target and Amazon getting rid of exclusives is still weird. I wish I had an extra $100 to spend. In a warehouse there should be room for CC and GG, those won't be discontinued anytime soon.[/quote]

I see. It sold out quick too.
What's CC and GG?

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't think it's an opinion for LEGO, they need some sets to have two booklets. If you have a thicker booklet it would be harder to keep open. I have a walking R2D2 Technic set, it's neat, and the book is huge and never really stays open, but it's like a book, and glue and not stapled. Plus I can't see it costing all that much more for 2 booklets instead of one.[/quote]

You proved with your R2D2 set that it is an option for LEGO :). I have thick books too. That's why I found it interesting that they switched.

[quote name='xycury']I don't get where you are coming from?

Which sets have this? because except for maybe the easy building, unless it's a seperate structure, then I don't see the problem in it.[/quote]

Yea, I wasn't trying to say its a problem. I just thought it was interesting. I just built the factory Custom Car Garage. It had a book for the 3 cars and a book for the building. It was not an 'easy building' set.

I registered for the LEGO Catalog (the 20 page thing they send you with all the sets). Does anyone know if they'll send me another one for the new sets automatically or if I have to re-register?

[quote name='lordwow']I registered for the LEGO Catalog (the 20 page thing they send you with all the sets). Does anyone know if they'll send me another one for the new sets automatically or if I have to re-register?[/quote]

Nope, you should be good. You could also sign up for the free LEGO Club and then you get like a 15 page "magazine" that sometimes have coupons.

I had my girlfriend buy the green grocer for me off of Target with the 20% cashback. Damn you guys for pointing that out... already grabbed the Cafe Corner off eBay for 30% cashback last week.

Town Plan is down to $93.00 on amazon. I've bought the Sandcrawler, Green Grocer (built it - it's amazing!), and Cafe Corner in the past two weeks. I may have to take the plunge on this one, too.

[quote name='postureking']Town Plan is down to $93.00 on amazon. I've bought the Sandcrawler, Green Grocer (built it - it's amazing!), and Cafe Corner in the past two weeks. I may have to take the plunge on this one, too.[/quote]

You got a sandcrawler? Yo man I got these cheeseburgers. Come on? No? Man I'll suck yo DICK!

jk

That's a big if at my local K-Mart. The only one they had the last time I went was one of the $10 Coast Guard sets I already had.

[quote name='lordwow']That's a big if at my local K-Mart. The only one they had the last time I went was one of the $10 Coast Guard sets I already had.[/quote]

FYI, that's every K-Mart. There are two I go to, one has really cheap clothing all the time, and being that I don't work in an office it's fine. That one has never had more than 3 different sets. The other one I go to doesn't have cheap clothing, too many poor people around, but has maybe 8-10 sets. :lol:

I found an ad on Craigslist for 60 pounds of older Legos for $350. That is really tempting but I don't have the room for it. I wonder how many storage containers that takes up.

Went and got my childhood LEGOs out of my parents' attic with my brother last night. Lots of Forestmen, old Space, Blacktron, Space Police, Pirates -- even the original Castle set (the yellow castle). Thankfully, I had the sense to reapportion all the sets back into Ziplock bags with their instructions before boxing them up. But there were also bags of random similar parts, such as a "body bag" that disturbingly had dozens and dozens of severed LEGO heads on the bottom.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I found an ad on Craigslist for 60 pounds of older Legos for $350. That is really tempting but I don't have the room for it. I wonder how many storage containers that takes up.[/quote]

Are there pictures?

There is some guy near me who is like "Give me all your LEGO's" and I guess that's working because only Duplos are listed.

And what was the Space fraction that was red and black with a big "M" on the minifigure? I have a couple of those sets and I dug up a torso this summer, in pretty good shape too. I think my cousin stole the other ones. A lot of things were stolen by my asshole family. :lol:

I found a Blacktron guy, 3 Explorerererers (the gray ones) with helmets, and an Ice Planet guy yesterday at my parents house. I also found the missing bucket of my creations I had at the time, but I didn't bring it back to my apartment because I was already bringing a ton of other stuff. They need to be cleaned badly though.

[quote name='lordwow']They need to be cleaned badly though.[/quote]
What's the best way to clean these pieces? I have some pieces that really need some scrubbin'...

You can buy special bags that you use to wash delicate under wear (I'm married for 16 years now so don't ask why I know this!) in a washing machine. It's made of a fishnet like material that is small enough to keep most legos in. I'd try that with the top rack of a dishwasher. Test it first on legos you don't care about and don't use the heater to dry - choose air dry.

Q: My favorite model has been sitting on a shelf for 17 years and now it's kinda grimey...how should I clean my LEGO?
A: According to LEGO themselves, LEGO toys can be washed by hand using warm water no hotter than 104 degrees farenheit. Mild liquid dish detergent can be used. Of course, electric parts are not washable.

I've done this with my baseplates. Wash just like you would a dirty dish or whatever in the sink. The smaller pieces are a little more difficult, but husher sounds like he has a good idea.

Pre-soak any legos too... for the gummy ones that is... just let them soak in a tub for a few hours... that and you can usually sqeeze a bit of dawn dish soap and just give it a stir. (don't want to mark up all the legos with extra wear, so don't do it much, just a turn or two to make sure the soap is mixed).

then yeah any dishwasher... You could do one in a regular washer, maybe a front loader, but we have an HE and that probably won't work very well.

I think even in a HE (we have one too) if you put it on a gentle cycle on warm in a fine washables bag like husher suggested, you'd get a good result, making sure to include some towels or something in there so they're not just bouncing around by themselves. Might think twice about doing it with printed pieces, though. Just unmarked ones.

[quote name='Tybee']I think even in a HE (we have one too) if you put it on a gentle cycle on warm in a fine washables bag like husher suggested, you'd get a good result, making sure to include some towels or something in there so they're not just bouncing around by themselves. Might think twice about doing it with printed pieces, though. Just unmarked ones.[/quote]

Stress the extra towels too, don't want newish lego's to look like comeing from playing in the gravel.

I don't have many that are dirty, but I've picked up a few buckets from others and wonder how the hell they get like that... some of them are disgusting.

[quote name='xycury']Stress the extra towels too, don't want newish lego's to look like comeing from playing in the gravel.

I don't have many that are dirty, but I've picked up a few buckets from others and wonder how the hell they get like that... some of them are disgusting.[/quote]

Some people, especially some kids, simply don't give a shit about their stuff. My brother and I had a friend growing up who saw nothing wrong with eating a sloppy PBJ, getting peanut butter and jelly all over his hands, then picking up his NES controller for a game or two without bothering to wash. We'd never play at his house because his shit was all greasy. And the funny part was he acted like we were stuck up.

Thankfully, he's married now and has been thoroughly disabused of such habits. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back