LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LEGO at my parents house have been in the basement for at least 10 years. It was great when I was younger, because we had a sprawling LEGO city down there, but they've since been relegated to plastic bins and have collected some dust. Amazingly, there were about 10 sets' boxes and instructions there too. I simply can not explain though... why we had 2 Patriot Jets:

6331-1.jpg

That was probably one of the worst sets we owned, yet there were 2 boxes down in the basement I found yesterday.

[quote name='lordwow']

6331-1.jpg

[/quote]

I wouldn't mind even one set :D Here's my mailing address....... j/k :booty:

OH... Managed to get into a TRU and saw they had the Power miners.... and I cryed...

The set I know would go for 5 anywhere else was like 7.99.... I'm like wtf... and then I seen like the next one up.

They just don't come with alot of pieces and if it wasn't for the rock monster... I would seriously give up on the series.

What they need is to bring in the impluse sets, 3.50 or so and get more personal and not so, object of play... like a dozer or a giant drill... made with as few peices as possible.

I wish they would have went to the Auqaraider/Aquazone ways.... and not the Castle Duplo instead.

[quote name='xycury']
The set I know would go for 5 anywhere else was like 7.99.... I'm like wtf... and then I seen like the next one up.

They just don't come with alot of pieces and if it wasn't for the rock monster... I would seriously give up on the series.

What they need is to bring in the impluse sets, 3.50 or so and get more personal and not so, object of play... like a dozer or a giant drill... made with as few peices as possible.
[/QUOTE]

The Toys "R" Us tax! I tend to avoid small sets at TRU for that reason.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8397&cn=554&d=70

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3316064

[quote name='xycury']omg... that's 2.50 ...that's a 71% markup

Freaking TRU... never ever buying lego's there... unless they are clearenced/major sale ;)[/quote]

Yeah, never pay anything over MSRP for TRU Lego. Most of the time, you don't have to even pay MSRP, because they do B2G1 and 20% off everything except Star Wars and Bionicle frequently.

I liked how the Impulse sets, which I think are even overpriced for $3.50, were $5 at TRU this year. That wasn't a big enough ripoff so they had to increase the price for the 2009 sets.

I stole this from Eurodickheads... Eurobricks, my bad. I think some I already posted, but whatever.

UNKOWN:
5589 - Giant Box - Rumored
6194 - My Lego Town - Rumored
8399 - Impulse Set No I - Rumored
8400 - Impulse Set No II - Rumored
8402 - Sports Car - Rumored

POWER MINERS:
8962 - Crystal King - 168 Pieces
8963 - Rock Wrecker - 225 Pieces
8964 - Titanium Command Rig - 701 Pieces

AGENTS:
8967 - Gold Tooth's Getaway - 68 Pieces
8968 - River Heist - 203 Pieces
8969 - 4-Wheeling Pursuit - ? Pieces
8970 - Robo Attack - 414 Pieces
8971 - Aerial Defence Unit - ? Pieces

CREATOR:
5560 - Pink Brick Box Large - 402 Pieces
6751 - Fiery Legend - 479 Pieces - Maybe Racers
6752 - Fire Rescue - 771 Pieces - Maybe Racers
6753 - Car Transporter - 1294 Pieces - Maybe Racers
6754 - Family Home - 976 Pieces - Maybe Racers
5539 - Blue Bucket - Rumored

INDIANA JONES:
7195 - Ambush In Cairo/Egyptian Bazaar - 79 Pieces
7196 - Chauchilla Cemetery Battle/Mutt Chase - 186 Pieces
7197 - Venice Canal Chase/Venice Race - 186 Pieces
7198 - Fighter Plane Attack/Plane Race - 384 Pieces
7199 - The Temple Of Doom - 384 Pieces

SPACE:
5969 - Squidman Escape - 42 Pieces
5970 - Freeze Ray Frenzy - 80 Pieces
5971 - Gold Heist - ? Pieces
5972 - Container Heist - 282 Pieces
5973 - Hyperspeed Pursuit - 456 pieces
5974 - Galactic Enforcer - ? Pieces

TOWN:
7638 - Tow Truck - 129 Pieces
7639 - Camper - 165 Pieces
7641 - Life - 483 Pieces
7642 - Garage - 953 Pieces
7686 - Helicopter Transporter - 377 Pieces
7687 - Advent Calendar - 257 Pieces
???? - Air Show Plane - Promo - Rumored

STAR WARS:
7748 - Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - 216 Pieces - 40 AUD
7749 - Echo Base - 155 Pieces - 40 AUD
7778 - Millennium Falcon Mid Scale - 60 AUD
8036 - Separatists Shuttle - 257 Pieces - 60 AUD
8037 - Anakins Y-Wing Starfighter - ? Pieces - 100 AUD
8038 - Star Wars Endor Battle Playset - 887 Pieces - ? AUD
8039 - Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser - 1169 Pieces - 230 AUD
???? - Count Dooku's Solar Sailer - Rumored
???? - Pirate Tank - Rumored
???? - Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser - Rumored
???? - General Grievous Starfighter Mini - Rumored

[quote name='lordwow']Meh, this will be a slow year for me.[/quote]

yeah me too

I might grab space and some Power Minors but that's it.

I don't see myself getting any set that's >20.

The only sets I would grab >20 from that list would be the space police defender (if it's awesome like the old LEGO space sets) and the classic Indy ones.

I went to Target, they will not be having a clearance at my store, I think K-Mart had more sets. LEGO had about 4 sets left, and took up 20% of the normal space. The other space had huge fire truck things.

EDIT- Just to be clear, they had for different sets and about 10 copies of each one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordwow']The only sets I would grab >20 from that list would be the space police defender (if it's awesome like the old LEGO space sets) and the classic Indy ones.[/quote]

yeah if I can find it at a good price I would want that one too, but that'd be it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I went to Target, they will not be having a clearance at my store, I think K-Mart had more sets. LEGO had about 4 sets left, and took up 20% of the normal space. The other space had huge fire truck things.[/QUOTE]

My fiance went to Target on Monday and said their LEGO section was wiped. Almost nothing on the shelf.

[quote name='gunm']Is $34.99 for the City Police Seaplane a good deal? That was the KB clearance price I saw.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it's $40 or $50 retail I believe.

[quote name='gunm']Is $34.99 for the City Police Seaplane a good deal? That was the KB clearance price I saw.[/quote]

I go with no.

It's normally $40 for 215 pieces, I think that is insane amount. The Passenger Plane from last year had 401 pieces for $40.

However if you want it it's 11% off. :)

Just came back from killing time at Walmart waiting for a prescription and I noticed they put about 8 or so of those black friday castle sets out on the shelf. They were stickered at $50 still, which is about half off. I would have picked one up if I hadn't already picked up 2 at Target when they were on clearance for $25. I also noticed that my Target's Lego section is wiped out...so much for getting good deals on after xmas toy clearancing.

Are the Lego stores emptied also? I was thinking about trekking to the one near me (60 miles) to pick up some Pirates stuff for my son and the horse trailer for my daughter, but if it's going to look like Target I'll just shop locally.

And let me just say before everything get's crazy this next week:
"Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" to all who participate on the Lego board!

awe man... don't say you got those castle's at only 25 each... unbeleivable...

yeah I can't wait to see what the wife got me for legos... i know there is one under the tree.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Another new set, this time it's a City Helicopter Truck.

I think it's way too big for my tastes, however kids will love it. It reminds me of a Hess Truck from a few years ago. if I was younger I would love it. The details are great, the truck actually has doors! Doors in a LEGO set!!! :)

Thanks guys, it was one of the last Lego sets left at the store, but I did end up passing on it. I imagine someone bought it by now, though.

I got lucky like two months back and picked up my nephew the Aqua Raiders Lobster Strike set at the Salvation Army, still in the box, for 75 cents. Apparently it was an '07 release.

Picked up some sets on ebay...

Space sets: 6915, 6900, 6829, 6818, 6800
Early space: 6939, 6935, 6811
Insectoids: 6 sets 6905 and others

massive heavy box, just over 60 shipped.

seems like no one likes the insectoids... love them.

oh and what the hell was Cyber Slam???

haha found an ad in some of the instructions.

I have never bought a single thing off eBay, I don't trust the people there. Maybe I should change that.

And I bought 6915 for $26.99 at Walmart, it's such an awesome set. The UFO series is under-rated, and yes everyone but you HATES the Insectiods, good idea in theory, but I remember hating them as a kid, I think it was the colors. 6909 is the best one in the series by far, actually looks like a bug.

Because I like picking on the Eurobricks people... :)

Talking about the truck and helicopter.
Orange Exo-Force sets... orange Mars Mission... orange Coast Guard.. orange Agents... orange Power Miners... somebody at TLC is on commission from whoever produces the orange colourant
default_tong.gif
I'm a bit sick of it too.

Exo-Force had very VERY little orange, Mars Mission is wierd, but it matches the planet. US CG is orange in real like isn't it? The uniforms for the bad Agent guys are orange.

However there is not a single orange piece anywhere in the Power Miners set! None!

[quote name='bigdaddy']I have never bought a single thing off eBay, I don't trust the people there. Maybe I should change that.

And I bought 6915 for $26.99 at Walmart, it's such an awesome set. The UFO series is under-rated, and yes everyone but you HATES the Insectiods, good idea in theory, but I remember hating them as a kid, I think it was the colors. 6909 is the best one in the series by far, actually looks like a bug.

Because I like picking on the Eurobricks people... :)

Talking about the truck and helicopter.

Exo-Force had very VERY little orange, Mars Mission is wierd, but it matches the planet. US CG is orange in real like isn't it? The uniforms for the bad Agent guys are orange.

However there is not a single orange piece anywhere in the Power Miners set! None![/quote]

I have bought quite a few legos, not too much but when I found these bundle sets for so cheap, considering at prices I'm paying now.. I couldn't pass them up. Plus the person was in my state so it shipped in like less than a day too.

I think the Insectiods had a bad color scheme but I think the pieces were great, maybe not the set, but I think retooling would give me better sets than what lego pumped out.

I think I got the entire ufo set for ~30... was my largest purchase. the couple Mtrons got me 2nd, not many there, but the Insectiods ... almost all the sets besides like the top 3 for >12... amazing cheap.

Anyways... those guys at Eurobricks are kinda loopy... every time I read those boards I regret it.

that person has orange on the brain... and yeah, I see NO orange in Power miners too. :applause:

I have bought a few things on Brickscope, shipping usually kills most of the nice deals that can be had, but I did find a few stores that did include free shipping, takes awhile too, that I didn't like, but for 20-30 in legos, I get alot of pieces I couldn't anywhere else.

I wish Lego would open up more of it's Pick-a-Brick... I'd like pieces that may not be included in this years sets.

My favorite is the people who run Eurobricks are really huge assholes. I used to hell at the old website runner a lot, he left the site to a bunch of 14 year old kids. yet now they say you have to be 18 to join, which is stupid when most of the mods were 12 when the site started. However they do get the pictures earlier a lot so I need to read through their trash.

EDIT _ There is some orange in PM, the biggest set has about 5 orange pieces, not counting the drills that are orange because the are hot. The main orange piece is a motorcycle, which doesn't fit the theme at all.

[quote name='xycury']

I wish Lego would open up more of it's Pick-a-Brick... I'd like pieces that may not be included in this years sets.[/quote]

That won't happen, it's not how the LEGO company is run. They make tons of bricks of one type in one color and then they get stored in a box. That brick will be used for those few years and then they might stock making it for a few years. The designers of the Space factory sets explained why they had to use the pieces they used better, but basically it's because LEGO doesn't make every piece every year.

I went to my Austin, TX TRU last week to see if they had the new Pirate sets in stock. They did, and I was surprised to find none of them overpriced! I went back yesterday to buy some and guess what? They raised the prices $3 - $5 per set. The kicker is that both the 'original' and 'over-priced' stickers were on the shelves right next to each other! Of course they rang up at the new price. :headache:

[quote name='n64ra']I went to my Austin, TX TRU last week to see if they had the new Pirate sets in stock. They did, and I was surprised to find none of them overpriced! I went back yesterday to buy some and guess what? They raised the prices $3 - $5 per set. The kicker is that both the 'original' and 'over-priced' stickers were on the shelves right next to each other! Of course they rang up at the new price. :headache:[/quote]

I knew that would happen. It's why I should have went to the BOGO50%. Two firing cannons for $9? Great price. TRU has to mark up at least one or two sets per theme, and I just don't think they got around to ir at the time.

And Eurobricks has a lot of Power Miner pictures, I think kids might really like them. However the big tank looking thing only has 440ish pieces and cost $70. For $70 I'd like this.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I knew that would happen. It's why I should have went to the BOGO50%. Two firing cannons for $9? Great price. TRU has to mark up at least one or two sets per theme, and I just don't think they got around to ir at the time.

And Eurobricks has a lot of Power Miner pictures, I think kids might really like them. However the big tank looking thing only has 440ish pieces and cost $70. For $70 I'd like this.[/quote]

Yeah for 70 you're almost getting 800, and yet the Power Miners at a measily 400 pieces?

seems like they are going into more toys than building toys with the bigger and badder peices. I can understand having to make some of them pretty big, but then it leaves out most of the use when you want to make something else.

I have alot against the bionicle because of the same point.. it's more action figure-ish than building toy.

Hate to see they say they plastic mold the entire toy and all you put together are the damn stickers.

(I hate stickers) .. [but they do actually look good recently... vs years ago]

I liked stickers, I don't like some printed pieces, and you used to get more pieces with stickers. However they have to be the clear type sticker, the other ones suck and are stick to pieces, and the corners peel off.

More new set... Now I might be able to stop reading EB. :lol:

Space Police
5969 Squidman's Escape
5970 Freeze Ray Frenzy
5971 Gold Heist
5972 Container Heist
5973 Hyperspeed Pursuit
5974 Galactic Enforcer (Sounds good to me!)
5979 Max Security Transport
5980 Squidman's Pitstop
8399 K9-Bot (I can't wait to see that!)
8400 Space Speeder
Apart from 5969-5974, there are 2 more sets 5979 and 5980, also 2 impulses 8399 and 8400.

City
7638 Tow Truck
7639 Camper
7641 City Corner (Use to be called "Life")
7642 Garage
7686 Helicopter Transporter (Pictures came otu the other day)
7687 LEGO® City Advent Calendar
7747 Wind Turbine Transport
8402 Sports Car (I don't know why this would be a City set, the number is wrong, I think it will be a Creator set)

Power Miners
8707 Boulder Blaster
8708 Cave Crusher
8709 Underground Mining Station (Nice!)
8962 Crystal King
8963 Rock Wrecker
8964 Titanium Command Rig

Star Wars
7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid ™
7749 Echo Base™
7751 Ashoka's Starfighter ™ & Vulture Droid ™
7752 Count Dooku's Solar Sailer ™
7753 Pirate Tank ™
7754 Home One ™ Mon Calamari Star Cruiser ™
7778 Mid-scale Millennium Falcon ™
8036 Separatists Shuttle ™
8037 Anakin's Y-wing Starfighter ™
8038 The Battle of Endor ™
8039 Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser ™

Mindstorms
8547 LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0

Maybe a Pirates Advent Calendar.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
7639 Camper
7641 City Corner (Use to be called "Life")
7747 Wind Turbine Transport
[/quote]

Can't wait to see those. I wonder if the City Corner will be like Green Grocer and Cafe.

I'm buying a Batmobile Collectors Edition off someone on Craigslist but the only problem is its missing instruction book #2. Could anyone lend or sell me that book? If you lend me it I can paypal you a few dollars to cover shipping. PM me if you can help.

[quote name='180husher']Did you try looking online yet? I know www.brickset.com has instruction scans on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I heard that those instructions are harder to read because all the pieces are black. So I would rather have an actual book in front of me. If nothing comes through in the next few days I'll just use online instructions. Thanks for the site though.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Can't wait to see those. I wonder if the City Corner will be like Green Grocer[/quote]

Yes and no.

No, it's a regular City set, no 10xxx number.
However yes because it seems like a dumb downed Cafe Corner, most likely 3 sides with only 450 pieces. However the set will most likely cost $70 or something insane.

The Camper will be overpriced at most likely $20-$23 like the horse trailer is. Wind Turbine Transport is supposed to be the same price as the Helicopter Transport set so they might look similar.

Power Miners are available at toysrus.com now:

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?categoryId=2274247&f=PAD%2FCharacter+Theme%2FPower+Miners&fbc=1&fbn=Character+Theme%7CPower+Miners

No sale prices, but you knew that already. Also new Indy sets:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3311016

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3311015

And new clone wars:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3321753

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3325769

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3325762

If it doesn't ice storm here tomorrow morning I am going shopping and will post any thing I find. These were all in today's toysrus flyer so they should be available in store today also.

Some stuff at Target...

Exo-force Aero Booster is half off...
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...38710&frombrowse=1&asin=B000NO9FHC&rh=&page=1

The LEGO MX-71 Recon Dropship is $30, I love that set, but don't have $30 to spend right now.

The new LEGO City Dozer set is $40 for 352 pieces, LEGO City Crane Set is $60 for 481 pieces.

And TRU.com is shit, like they expect me to believe that a TIE would be $4 and the Passenger Plane is $8? Yeah, they probably found 3 of each set and sold out in .009 seconds just so they can put that huge banner up.

That's good news about the minifig magnets, but I won't get too excited until they come out with some sets including rare minifigs.

No I still haven't bought any yet but I keep finding myself in the Lego aisle more and more. I will probably get gift cards from work again as part of a my Xmas bonus so I will probably pick up a set or two then.

What do you guys feel is a good price per brick in the sets?

Also any sets you recommend for someone who has hasn't built anything in years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back