LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Walmart and found the Castle set. There seems to only be two hiding at the top top shelf. Some 4 foot woman asked if I needed help getting the set after I already had it in my hands. :lol:

Is anyone in Los Angeles looking to buy any somewhat older stuff? I've got a tub full of older pieces, as well as the newer passenger plane and Batman / Two Face chase set. I'm moving so I need to lighten the load...

[quote name='bigdaddy'] And what is a NCF label?[/QUOTE]

When an item is closed out at Target it gets the "NCF" shelf label. This happens throughout the store, but I keep track on toys and games. I believe it means they will not be getting any new stock of the item, and that eventually the item will sooner or later be clearanced out.

[quote name='postureking']When an item is closed out at Target it gets the "NCF" shelf label. This happens throughout the store, but I keep track on toys and games. I believe it means they will not be getting any new stock of the item, and that eventually the item will sooner or later be clearanced out.[/quote]

But is it a sticker over the scan bar thing? I mean what does it look like (so I can keep an eye out).

[quote name='bigdaddy']But is it a sticker over the scan bar thing? I mean what does it look like (so I can keep an eye out).[/QUOTE]

On the actual shelf label the first thing you will see is "NCF," then possibly the item's title or description. Underneath the item description would be the price.

Example: NCF Lego #### Imperial Star Destroyer

[quote name='postureking']On the actual shelf label the first thing you will see is "NCF," then possibly the item's title or description. Underneath the item description would be the price.

Example: NCF Lego #### Imperial Star Destroyer[/quote]

Nice! thanks.

so how long does it take for the clearence price to start?

It's no sure thing that they will go on clearance, just a good sign that they might. And there is no set time for them to go on clearance either.

Pretty much the item will go on clearance if the shelf space is needed for new inventory (new Lego sets will be released in January). If the item sells out before the space is needed, then it will obviously not go on clearance.

I'm betting on there being 5-10 Lego sets going on clearance some time towards the beginning of January.

[quote name='postureking']On the actual shelf label the first thing you will see is "NCF," then possibly the item's title or description. Underneath the item description would be the price.

Example: NCF Lego #### Imperial Star Destroyer[/quote]

Thank you very much.

I hardly see Targets around me do clearances anymore, I don't know why, maybe better management has it they buy less sets.

From what i noticed bigdaddy, a lot of them don't mark what's on clearance. I swear I use the price scanners like 10 times every time I'm in that store.

Each Star Destroyer box has another 5-6 behind it...and these are just the ones on the shelves!

stardestroyer.jpg

My Target never has that many.

it also seems that Walmart will only have two Castle sets per store. :lol:

Today and Tomorrow at TRU Spongebob driving school is $26.50, and Exo-force sets are 50% off, however they were marked up $5 so they are really only 33% off.

Black Friday...

50% off many Bionicle sets (Should be free for that trash)
50% off all Aqua Raiders sets (Damnit! I want the base but don't want to wait in line!)
40% off Mars Mission 7699 (It's been $40 at LEGO S@H for ages)
40% off Star Wars MTT 7662 (Nice, more so if you want robots)

damn.

that's alot of destroyers... retails at 199... AND it's suppose to be "hard to find"

That's like 50 there.

who's the fucking retard @ Target that decided to stock that many???

Seriously, if they go on clearence, how much ? 25% off is 150, that's tempting, but 50 or more would be exciting.

wow. I'm willing to pay $100 for it... pick me up one ;) I don't think the local two are that crazy about sets, they have usually only 5-7 sets each themes.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
it also seems that Walmart will only have two Castle sets per store. :lol:
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll be heading to WM first. :D that will be my first Castle, if they really have 2.

This isn't the collector's series one, this is set #6211 which comes with minifigures, opens up, and goes for $100. Bigdaddy said it is going to be a black friday deal for $60 or $70. When/if it goes on clearance after xmas, the lowest it will go will be $25 or 75% off.

I don't know if this has been post yet, but K-Mart has a Buy 2 get One free deal on all their Lego set. I saw today on their ads

EDIT: NVM This was alreaddy posted

[quote name='xycury']damn.
Thanks for the tip! I think I'll be heading to WM first. :D that will be my first Castle, if they really have 2.[/quote]

Just go to a Walmart today, they have them on sale. I say there will only be two because I know someone who said they had two on the top shelf and they climbed up to get it. I did the same thing, but I have long arms so I had no issue getting one.

And TRU should have LEGO B2G1 either starting December 1st (This Sunday) or December 8th. They normally have it the first week or so of December.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Just go to a Walmart today, they have them on sale. I say there will only be two because I know someone who said they had two on the top shelf and they climbed up to get it. I did the same thing, but I have long arms so I had no issue getting one.

And TRU should have LEGO B2G1 either starting December 1st (This Sunday) or December 8th. They normally have it the first week or so of December.[/quote]

Sale today? they are now currently $50???

I didn't find ANY at my "new" local one. But I've yet to check at the other one we'll be going to this friday.

Wondering if I should call to see if they have any.

7094 King’s Castle Siege right?

I'll have to tell the wife about the B2g1 in Dec... she probably knows but maybe I can tack on to that order :D

[quote name='xycury']damn.

that's alot of destroyers... retails at 199... AND it's suppose to be "hard to find"

That's like 50 there.

who's the fucking retard @ Target that decided to stock that many???

Seriously, if they go on clearence, how much ? 25% off is 150, that's tempting, but 50 or more would be exciting.

wow. I'm willing to pay $100 for it... pick me up one ;) I don't think the local two are that crazy about sets, they have usually only 5-7 sets each themes.

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll be heading to WM first. :D that will be my first Castle, if they really have 2.[/quote]

The star destroyers with the minifigs retail at $99.99 if you can find them. TRU usually sells them for 109.99 but walmart ususally has them for $99.99. I got mine for 40 bucks last year. lucky lucky. The $199.99 star destroyer is the ultra huge collectors one but it doesn't come with minfigs.

[quote name='xycury']Sale today? they are now currently $50???
[/quote]

They have been $48.88, ;), for at least a week, if not two. They are hidden in the very very top.

I got that Spongebob driving set for my kids this summer during a Target clearance...they played with it one day and haven't touched it since, which is funny since they freakin' love the show.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They have been $48.88, ;), for at least a week, if not two. They are hidden in the very very top.[/quote]

:whee::whee::whee::whee:

Gah... well my local one doesn't have one... I have two more to check!

[quote name='xycury']:whee::whee::whee::whee:

Gah... well my local one doesn't have one... I have two more to check![/quote]

Be optimistic yet realistic so that you are too disappointed if the other two are also void of that SW set!

[quote name='bigdaddy']And TRU should have LEGO B2G1 either starting December 1st (This Sunday) or December 8th. They normally have it the first week or so of December.[/quote]

Hm, thx I'll look out for that...

[quote name='xycury']Got it! The Castle of my dreams, they had probably 50... HUGE box, it was awesome to scan it and see 50.00 ring up.[/quote]

congrats on the castle dude. if i had money i'd pick one up. now that huge battle droid tank that's on sale at tru...well that might have to go on my credit card. i feel a table top clone war coming on.

Was the Castle set $50 or $48.88? :p

But really the ad says $50, but the sticker says $48.88, you think with Walmart they would advertise every penny. :)

And i would keep an eye out on the LEGo S@H website for Monday or Tuesday. The free shipping ends on the 1st and normally after that they add some new things, or maybe sale ideas.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Was the Castle set $50 or $48.88? :p

But really the ad says $50, but the sticker says $48.88, you think with Walmart they would advertise every penny. :)

And i would keep an eye out on the LEGo S@H website for Monday or Tuesday. The free shipping ends on the 1st and normally after that they add some new things, or maybe sale ideas.[/quote]

Rang up 50 even... don't even know if they marked it down another 1.22 today..

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Space Factory sets are also half off.[/quote]

Nice find! As much as I paid, there's like 900 and 1000 pieces each, great sets, and free shipping at 100? tempting but already in inventory for me :applause:

Kmart still hasn't discounted two exoforce sets.. if I could snag them at 7 each it would be nice.

I decided to walk off all the food I ate yesterday by walking to TRU, it's only 2 miles away, if you think that is far you are a... anyways.... :D

The line was huge and I guess it wasn't even that bad because at 6am it was a 90-120 minute to check out. I looked for the Aqua Raider set anyways, no luck. They had about 100 of the $50 yellow sub for $20-$25. i hope those don't move and go on clearance in a few weeks.

This store is in a terrible section of a shit city, I live one town over, the people in there are disgusting. They are fat asses who most likely are on welfare spending thousands (I'm not kidding) on toys that you can for cheaper if you look around. They bring all their kids and just throw whatever into they can find into the cart. The sales weren't even that great except for a few things.

[quote name='xycury']Rang up 50 even... don't even know if they marked it down another 1.22 today..
[/quote]

You got screwed! Today they increased the price by $1.22. $48.88 must have been the clearance price, they the company made it a Black Friday deal and upped it to $50.

And the Factory sets are not a very hard "find", you go to the S@H sale section, it's right there. :) I'm not sure I want them, sure they are a great price, but I don't care about them at all and try to save money for things i would use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was tempted to try and grab one of the castles today since I always enjoyed Legos, but then the rational side of me fought back. I started thinking about where would I put it and what would I do with it after I built it.

What do you guys do with all your Legos? I don't have any children to use as an excuse.

Well, first off, get your girlfriend/wife/fiance/whatever on board if you have one. I don't think it'd be a good idea if she's freaking about you buying toys (which generally isn't a big deal for people on this site, since most of us collect video games).

For me, I put my LEGO sets on my DVD/Game bookshelves. The smaller sets like the Police Helicopter and the Indiana Jones chase ones are right on the shelf.

The larger ones, like the Indiana Jones Temple Escape I have sitting on the top of my bookshelves. They look pretty much like collectibles.

I'd like to be able to set up a city, but it's just not feasible in an apartment.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Space Factory sets are also half off.[/quote]

Actually they are more like 66% off...don't know if they just dropped more, but I've never seen any sets on the site go below 50%.

[quote name='180husher']Actually they are more like 66% off...don't know if they just dropped more, but I've never seen any sets on the site go below 50%.[/quote]

Well I say 50% off because they were priced at $90 for a day because everyone thought that was way too much. So I go with the $70 price.

[quote name='lordwow']
I'd like to be able to set up a city, but it's just not feasible in an apartment.[/quote]

Same here. I have a ton of train tracks, and no room for it. I'm going to set up the holiday train under my mom's tree.

And about a girlfriend or boyfriend. If they are a problem screw them, well actually don't, ditch them. Sure now they should go "Well you shouldn't spend THAT much on LEGOs" every once and awhile, that's fine, but if they think you shouldn't buy any, they are no good. Everyone I dated either still had a few LEGO sets, or liked LEGOs and understood.

However if you go "Well I don't really have the money" (like me with the Space sets) then don't buy them, obviously food is more important.

[quote name='brennok']I was tempted to try and grab one of the castles today since I always enjoyed Legos, but then the rational side of me fought back. I started thinking about where would I put it and what would I do with it after I built it.

What do you guys do with all your Legos? I don't have any children to use as an excuse.[/quote]

There are a lot of great things about lego.
1. You can build cool shit to put on your coffee table to make it less boring.
2. You can make cute, improvisional jewelry for that girl you've been trying to get with since high school.
3. If you get angry with your lego you can break them and put them in a box and nobody will arrest you for it.
4. They hold value better than almost any toy on the market. This means that your dusty box of lego in the basement can get you a quick 50-300 bucks on ebay if your in a pinch.
5. One day you might have kids. I always say I never will but who knows right?

[quote name='bigdaddy']However if you go "Well I don't really have the money" (like me with the Space sets) then don't buy them, obviously food is more important.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. You really can't expect to buy all of the LEGO, especially with the sheer number of sets they're pumping out. I personally buy the Indiana Jones Classic (the classic trilogy) sets and City sets. Other than that, I've bought a handful of classic space sets on ebay (from the early 90s), but there's no way I could afford to do castle, star wars, creator, etc on top of it.

[quote name='Irukandji']There are a lot of great things about lego.
1. You can build cool shit to put on your coffee table to make it less boring.
2. You can make cute, improvisional jewelry for that girl you've been trying to get with since high school.
3. If you get angry with your lego you can break them and put them in a box and nobody will arrest you for it.
4. They hold value better than almost any toy on the market. This means that your dusty box of lego in the basement can get you a quick 50-300 bucks on ebay if your in a pinch.
5. One day you might have kids. I always say I never will but who knows right?[/QUOTE]

#4 and #5 are dead on. As far as ebay, take a look, sets that came out this year are going for retail price on ebay, sets a few years old go for a few bucks more. There's almost no risk in LEGO of losing value unless you lose pieces or don't keep them as sets.

[quote name='180husher']Just make a new girlfriend out of Legos, but leave the mouth off.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='lordwow']I agree with that. You really can't expect to buy all of the LEGO, especially with the sheer number of sets they're pumping out. [/quote]

Well for 50% off I try today as many sets as I can. If they have useful pieces and not huge large things it's a great deal.

Woohoo. Buy 1 Get 1 50% off LEGO at Toys R Us this week. Hopefully the stock isn't completely ravaged from black friday.

And for the record, my girlfriend LOVES LEGO.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Woohoo. Buy 1 Get 1 50% off LEGO at Toys R Us this week. Hopefully the stock isn't completely ravaged from black friday.

And for the record, my girlfriend LOVES LEGO.[/quote]

Damn! I was so close! I said B2G1! :)

And thus we all love your girlfriend.

And I'm still thinknig about the Space sets being so cheap because if you look at the prices for the 2009 sets and what you get, they are terribly overpriced.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn! I was so close! I said B2G1! :)

And thus we all love your girlfriend.

And I'm still thinknig about the Space sets being so cheap because if you look at the prices for the 2009 sets and what you get, they are terribly overpriced.[/quote]

maybe I'm reading too much, are you saying that the Space sets wil be cheap? You've got a price list?

I'm all over Space... Need some pictures though.

I caved and bought the Volkswagen. TRU is out of stock (shock), so $10 off was my best bet... in fact, most of the CREATOR sets are gone from TRU. Boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back