Limited release Fire Emblem for Switch

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
So, Nintendo is doing it again. This will only sell for a while and then no more. It is the Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition. Currently only Gamestop has it, but other retailers may get it, too. Once stock is out it is out for good. Doesn't look like they made a lot of these compared to Mario.

The games are digital only, but this box includes codes for them. From website:

This includes a replica NESTM Game Pak art piece, a replica game box with a localized version of the original Famicom instruction manual, protective sleeve and world map, a Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible, hardbound 222 page Legacy of Archanea deluxe art book, and game download code.

I wasn't able to snag one. Please post here if you manage to find someone selling it.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Nintendo+Everything&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=qd9XcyEa3J0-KgblvzXVFmGIea8StHp8Ww

3c98200a7705f6ab4b2f28813e3cf5c7-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked mine up locally from Best Buy (only one left), and it's a nice set. I'm never going to open it (have all of the Fire Emblem Collector's or Limited Editions sealed starting with Awakening). Wouldn't pay more than the $50 pricetag though. This is just for "fans".
I’m certain you aren’t the only one, but I don’t really understand that mentality. I want to open my CEs and be able to display the items. Admittedly, right now most of my stuff is packed back away, but that’s because I have an energetic four year old who destroys pretty much everything she can find. But if I was never going to open it, it might as well be an empty box with a pretty label printed on it. I understand somethings might be nicer in mint condition, but I’m collecting for myself, I like to see my treasure hoard.

It’s showing up as available for pickup at Best Buy at a bunch of stores nearby. Might be worth checking availability if you’re still looking for a copy.

Guys, did I eff up? I never got a call from the Gamestop where I preordered my copy and forgot that it came out on 12/04. Am I too late?

When do gamestop stores usually call about pre-orders? I don't think I've ever pre-ordered in store at a GS before, so idk what the process is supposed to be. I was told I'd get a call the night before when it was placed at the store.
So I forgot about my preorder, and I just realized I never got a call from the GS where I preordered my copy. Did you ever get a call?

The last time I preordered something from Gamestop (many months ago) I also never got a call when the item came in.  Luckily they still had it in the drawer since it wasn't a really popular item.

The last time I preordered something from Gamestop (many months ago) I also never got a call when the item came in. Luckily they still had it in the drawer since it wasn't a really popular item.
I noticed that I wasn't refunded, so I'm hoping that means they still have it.

I never got a call about my pre-order and had to go in store. The FE LE was in the back and the only copy so unless someone was specifically looking for it, you're good.
I finally got a hold of someone at my local Gamestop, and the reason they never called me is because they were informed that they're temporarily shutting down due to the uptick in COVID cases in my state. They're transferring everyone's preorder to sister stores, but there's no guarantee my copy is secured.

Let's see if Mario 3D All Stars is truly limited and then we'll talk Nintendo. As of now I don't buy it.
I dont think you can compare fire emblem with a mainstream title like mario. Received my copy from Amazon today and it actually arrived in good condition!

Same boat here thought it was just me
Saw someone on Twitter mention the same for this. Also a couple others having it happen with Zelda Hyrule Warriors.

A couple Best Buys near me have copies for pickup, wondering if I should grab one at this point or wait it out

Saw someone on Twitter mention the same for this. Also a couple others having it happen with Zelda Hyrule Warriors.

A couple Best Buys near me have copies for pickup, wondering if I should grab one at this point or wait it out
might as well make sure you get a copy. my local best buys dont have pickup available anymore

Did anyone else get a pick up delay at best buy?

They gave me a delay notice but they also had copies for pick up that sold out on the day of and last night.

I got mine and it's dank for sure, but... don't have a cow if you didn't nab a copy. Fire Emblem isn't a good series, and this game in particular isn't even halfway to D-tier.

Received my copy from Amazon ordered s few days ago. Shipped in a box for a change (really too heavy for an envelope) and arrived undamaged. I'm pretty happy after thinking I wasn't going to be able to get one and wasn't going to pay $100 on ebay.

Fire Emblem is a great series (perhaps my favorite gaming series) but this game in particular is very simple and fairly unimpressive (though understandably so since it was the first one in the series).  I'm still enjoying slogging through it though.

The actual package of physical goodies in this CE though is top notch.  Easily worth the $50 they are asking.

Why the fudge would you buy this then?
That user is one of the regulars that sticks around despite being overly negative and most people have them on ignore. They probably didn't even buy it and are just posting to get people's goat/antagonize. Or to resell it since it could go for almost twice what they paid.

Fire Emblem is a great series (perhaps my favorite gaming series) but this game in particular is very simple and fairly unimpressive (though understandably so since it was the first one in the series). I'm still enjoying slogging through it though.

The actual package of physical goodies in this CE though is top notch. Easily worth the $50 they are asking.
Different strokes. I would have preferred it come with a physical switch cart. Hell if it had come with both a switch cart and the nes cart of the game that would have been impressive and easily worth 60-75$.

Got mine yesterday from Best Buy.  It's big af.  Don't think I'll open it since I own th3e superior DS version.  One day soon I'll post a pic of my entire FE collection, it's not as impressive as some people's here but I have almost every traditional domestic LE release.

I got my 2 copies from GS in almost mint shape. I was surprised one is perfect, the other has one tony corner dent, which js probably the one ill get rid of

Got mine from Amazon, a couple of nicks here and there but looks great! I can't wait to give this to my husband for Christmas! He has no idea I got it for him :p

Picked mine up at Best Buy today with curbside pickup and it is an amazingly nice looking box.  The guy who brought it out to me commented on how great it looked. 

Still not sure I'll be opening it yet... as I need to figure out a good way to display stuff like that on my desk setup. 

Picked mine up at Best Buy today with curbside pickup and it is an amazingly nice looking box. The guy who brought it out to me commented on how great it looked.

Still not sure I'll be opening it yet... as I need to figure out a good way to display stuff like that on my desk setup.
Open it. The contents are amazing. I’m going through the art book now and it’s full of great stuff. The glass replica cartridge is so nice. Not cheap at all.

Ordered on the 5th. Order is stuck on awaiting pickup. The delivery date has been slipping each day also until now it says the 22nd. I called and the operator said it has not shipped from the warehouse and offered a replacement or refund. I took the refund purchased one in store yesterday.

if you have one ordered and it is stalled, I would call now.

Open it. The contents are amazing. I’m going through the art book now and it’s full of great stuff. The glass replica cartridge is so nice. Not cheap at all.
Yeah, I know I should open it. I don't think it's going to hold value like the unopened Special Edition of Fire Emblem Fates did.

Yeah, I know I should open it. I don't think it's going to hold value like the unopened Special Edition of Fire Emblem Fates did.
I’ve come around (mostly) to the thought of if you’re gonna keep something then just open it. If you bought it solely to resell then sell it.

If you're not going to open it then just return it. The whole point of CE is to enjoy the stuff inside. I cringe at sealed game collectors. Who cares if it loses value? If you're not actually enjoying it then there's no point in owning it at all.
I'm far from a sealed game collector. It's just a matter of knowing where I want to put the shit.

I have tons of shit just sitting around and I would actually like it to look nice sitting on my desk rather than just opening the box and not doing anything with it.

I went ahead and got a Marth Amiibo just for the cool cartridge to display on the shelf. Don't really like FE, but might someday! (Tried Three Houses, didn't find the "strategy"/gameplay interesting at all), need a different kind of strategery to capture my interest like FFTactics / Into the Breach did. 

oVzd5uD.png

I went ahead and got a Marth Amiibo just for the cool cartridge to display on the shelf. Don't really like FE, but might someday! (Tried Three Houses, didn't find the "strategy"/gameplay interesting at all), need a different kind of strategery to capture my interest like FFTactics / Into the Breach did.
oVzd5uD.png
Try echoes. It was amazing.

Must have been pre order that didn’t get picked up. My local store sold my copy 36 hours after calling me to tell me it came in. They called first to tell me it was delayed then to tell me they actually got it. I worked the next day then came in the following day and they said ‘ we aren’t allowed to hold games’ I called bullshit and so they are ‘working on’ getting me a copy. I paid in full when I preordered the day after the PO opened.

Even though I am a big Fire Emblem fan I was not completely sold on it when I first heard it announced so I did not preorder right away due to the price and no physical game.  I ended up lucking out and getting it when Amazon sold it though and I must say I'm so glad I did.  They did not cut any corners with it and I love it.  I could not believe how hefty the "cartridge" was and how well done the NES box and manual was.  The art book was not your normal skimpy collectors edition art book either where it's like 30 pages and tiny.  It's a legit normal size art book.  Definitely glad I was able to snag it in the end.    

bread's done
Back