Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
I don't just hate LBP because it stars the ugliest videogame characters since Boogerman. I hate it because the developer broke promises to, and abandoned his earliest supporters, to get it made. Ugh.
[/quote]

You are forgetting that you hate it because you are a huge ass 360 fanboy. You forgot that one.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You are forgetting that you hate it because you are a huge ass 360 fanboy. You forgot that one.[/QUOTE]

Does he even own a 360?

[quote name='dallow']Thanks for the Pac-Man level video, it is really neat.

And yeah, this game has a very strong Nintendo-like quality to it.
Very original levels from MediaMolecule.[/quote]

You're very welcome. There's actually quite a few interesting ones(including a God Of War one) with videos up on YouTube. although mixed in there are also some patently offensive ones(a 9/11 one in particular, where Sackboy glides a jetliner of sorts into what looked like two towers for the split second they were on screen).

If you guys want LBP's Platinum Trophy, you're really going to have to work for it. Not because of the Creating aspect, but because the final 2 worlds are just INSANELY HARD.
The final boss is kind of...weak compared to his levels
. I can probably Ace him, but the levels...ooh boy. That's not looking too good right now. Same with 100% Prize Bubbles.

Comparing difficulties with other platformers, I'd say it gets to the points of The Lost Levels of Super Mario Bros. and maybe a little bit beyond in some cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol haven't seen that game
AAA.gif

I know, I know... Cry me a river!

I just thought I would post on GS's lame policy about pre-orders. I stopped in a store yesterday afternoon and tried to buy the game without a pre-order and got denied as expected. I am guessing that each gamestop gets a certain number of LBPs. A certain amount of those are,deservingly, allotted to those that preordered the game. What I don't get is why they can't subtract the number of preorders from the number of total units recieved and sell the rest to walk-ins? The only reason I do not pre-order games is because there is no need for it. Seriously; when was the last high profile game to have a shortage upon release? Preordering requires me to go to the store twice to get one game. Why would I do that when I can walk in any store on the release day and get the game? This game might be a rare exception to that rule but it still makes no sense for them not to sell their surplus. Now; the person who was denied the game is definately not going to come back and buy from your store unless you have something to offer that other stores do not. From a business standpoint, it doesn't make one bit of sense unless the store owners are allowed to ship their surplus back for a refund. Is this just one of those GS Clerk stereotype behaviours that goes unchecked, or do they only order enough for the preorders to be filled, or do they not have the ability to do simple subtraction? I know this deserved its own thread but I'm sure its already been discussed before so I threw it in here b/c it was relevent to this actual game. For my part... I will be going by walmart Tuesday after work to pick up LBP. Its not how I want it to be, but GS employees do their best to alienate their own kind every time they get a chance and for that, they deserve to be put out of business by Walmart.

"Do you have a preorder?" Ugh!!! That phrase haunts my dreams. Atleast I get my new Asus Rampage Formula today and get to build my new rig before this game comes out. I hope everyone enjoys it!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']... almost done with my interesting level. I think everyone here will like it.[/quote]

Tell more, stop teasing! :lol:

I have had a blast playing coop w/ the wife. I think the fact that I can slap her around and cause her to die in many ways has something to do with it. :p

[quote name='Sarrasis']I have had a blast playing coop w/ the wife. I think the fact that I can slap her around and cause her to die in many ways has something to do with it. :p[/quote]

Heh. Playing with the beta with the girlfriend got me slapped in the face a lot.

The release of this game has been the single most frustrating/obnoxious thing that I've seen around a video game, ever. 4 different places offering pre-orders, game getting backed up, trying to keep up with who I should pre-order with to actually get the game on time. I canceled with Amazon since they wouldn't give a shipping date within a week of release and I had ordered "release date delivery". You've got the assholes who bought 10 copies of the game so they could charge mad $$$ on ebay. Gamestop is now selling it.....to the people that preordered with them.

I'm just ready for this game to be out so that I can tell everyone that's made this pre-release so miserable to shove it up their asses. Outside of the world ending, I will have this game tomorrow.

Rant over/

[quote name='jughead']So... Will stores like Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc. be selling this today, the 27th, or on the 28th?[/quote]

I was at a Sears in San Clement, CA (So Cal) that had 6 copies of LBP yesterday.

[quote name='cartman58']Heh. Playing with the beta with the girlfriend got me slapped in the face a lot.

The release of this game has been the single most frustrating/obnoxious thing that I've seen around a video game, ever. 4 different places offering pre-orders, game getting backed up, trying to keep up with who I should pre-order with to actually get the game on time. I canceled with Amazon since they wouldn't give a shipping date within a week of release and I had ordered "release date delivery". You've got the assholes who bought 10 copies of the game so they could charge mad $$$ on ebay. Gamestop is now selling it.....to the people that preordered with them.

I'm just ready for this game to be out so that I can tell everyone that's made this pre-release so miserable to shove it up their asses. Outside of the world ending, I will have this game tomorrow.

Rant over/[/quote]

If you're like me and pre-ordered from Blockbuster after making a ton of game trades there to get the credit to order it with, you may have the game sometime around ohhh.....DOOMSDAY!

First, I got told that 'they'll have the game on Monday', now it 'may be the 31st' and somewhere in between those two I heard 'we don't know WHEN we're getting it', which is ALWAYS reassuring.

My Gamestop had them as of this past Saturday morning. Servers still aren't up yet, but the single player mode's been fantastic so far. There's so much stuff to get, and much of it's hidden or otherwise difficult to acquire. Lots of "2 players required" areas, too. :)

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']I was at a Sears in San Clement, CA (So Cal) that had 6 copies of LBP yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Its probably YMMV. I'll call some places today before I go.

[quote name='jughead']I know, I know... Cry me a river!

I just thought I would post on GS's lame policy about pre-orders. I stopped in a store yesterday afternoon and tried to buy the game without a pre-order and got denied as expected. I am guessing that each gamestop gets a certain number of LBPs. A certain amount of those are,deservingly, allotted to those that preordered the game. What I don't get is why they can't subtract the number of preorders from the number of total units recieved and sell the rest to walk-ins? The only reason I do not pre-order games is because there is no need for it. Seriously; when was the last high profile game to have a shortage upon release? Preordering requires me to go to the store twice to get one game. Why would I do that when I can walk in any store on the release day and get the game? This game might be a rare exception to that rule but it still makes no sense for them not to sell their surplus. Now; the person who was denied the game is definately not going to come back and buy from your store unless you have something to offer that other stores do not. From a business standpoint, it doesn't make one bit of sense unless the store owners are allowed to ship their surplus back for a refund. Is this just one of those GS Clerk stereotype behaviours that goes unchecked, or do they only order enough for the preorders to be filled, or do they not have the ability to do simple subtraction? I know this deserved its own thread but I'm sure its already been discussed before so I threw it in here b/c it was relevent to this actual game. For my part... I will be going by walmart Tuesday after work to pick up LBP. Its not how I want it to be, but GS employees do their best to alienate their own kind every time they get a chance and for that, they deserve to be put out of business by Walmart.

"Do you have a preorder?" Ugh!!! That phrase haunts my dreams. Atleast I get my new Asus Rampage Formula today and get to build my new rig before this game comes out. I hope everyone enjoys it![/quote]

I have a theory that gamestop gave Sony some cash to ship their preorders early and let them sell them early as a way to advertise pre-ordering at gamestop.

No. I'm guessing they need to update the store. They also need the add the space suit and stuff as well. There's a "news" thing in the info moon and it says go to the store for new costumes, and there's none of that in there yet.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']No. I'm guessing they need to update the store. They also need the add the space suit and stuff as well. There's a "news" thing in the info moon and it says go to the store for new costumes, and there's none of that in there yet.[/quote]

well, that makes it less frustrating to be stuck at work I guess.

There's this one level, the 1,000,000 point Trophy level. Don't go to it. It's laggy as heck. Go to my level (Trophy Buffet) instead as it's lag free. :) Also, the God of War level is back up, and is just as awesome as it was when the beta came out.
Also, to post a comment on a level, you have to choose a level, then go all the way to the right. For some reason you can't do a custom search from what I know of in the final version, but you could in the beta. That makes no sense. I must be missing something.

[quote name='KingBroly']So defining difficulty is considered a spoiler?[/quote]

Well I saw something about the final boss in there and stopped reading. Just remember that some folks still don't have the game.

Yea the servers are up :D

As for the kratos unlockables... I read somewhere that there is going to be an ps update to download...This might cause some confusion in the ps store...

Add me if yall want :D

MM said the pre-order codes should work tonight.

I have just under 50% of the trophies.
Played a 4 player game and there was no lag. Never happened in the beta.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

EDIT:
lol @ coffeedge's post on the last page

Just thought I'd report that I purchased this at my BB a few minutes ago. It was listed as in stock when I checked online, but there were none on the shelf when I got there. One of the employees went to the back and found one. They acted a little hesitant to sell it early but eventually they did. It rang up without a hitch. Now I'm excited to get home from work and play it! Oh yeah,btw, GS can kiss my cheapass! I vow to never buy a game from them again!

[quote name='happy']I have a theory that gamestop gave Sony some cash to ship their preorders early and let them sell them early as a way to advertise pre-ordering at gamestop.[/quote]

It didn't work with me, since I STILL pre-ordered where I got some GOOD credit for games I was trading(Blockbuster). Mind you, they still give me the 'we don't know when we're getting them'.

Chances are it'll be Friday when they get them in, since they've repeatedly told me they don't get shipments till Friday. :roll::whistle2:#

I suppose it's still for the best, since I have Assassin's Creed, Mercenaries 2, Uncharted, Conan, The Godfather and about 2-3 other games to finish. :cry:

Of course, after I get started on LBP, I don't think I'm going to be buying any games for a LONG while.

[quote name='dallow']MM said the pre-order codes should work tonight.

[/quote]Just saw that, too. Can't wait to get home and play some of the online stuff. I picked up my pre-order from GS yesterday after giving them a call.

Does anyone know if you can play the stroy mode online?

Just played through a few of the online stages. Man, there are some good ones out there. This game has infinite play value :) Very impressed with it so far. I have been looking for a reason to get either a 360 or PS3 and this was reason enough for me. That and Blu-Ray :)

Happy new PS3 owner :)

[quote name='OzCatter']I guess I'm retarded, what am I supposed to do as soon as I get the jetpack? With the swinging room thing and stuff.[/quote]

The first time in the story mode?
Dunno if this is a spoiler but:
Pick up the yellow things and drop them in the bucket/swinging room thing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My beta level? Wait until my next level is up.

Edit: Should be up now.[/quote]
The racing one... It made my poor little sackboy dizzy.:lol:

[quote name='jughead']I know, I know... Cry me a river!

"Do you have a preorder?" Ugh!!! That phrase haunts my dreams. Atleast I get my new Asus Rampage Formula today and get to build my new rig before this game comes out. I hope everyone enjoys it![/QUOTE]

Are you sure they had any extra? I called about 4 Gamestops on Saturday and only found one store that had extra copies. I walked in and purchased it with no problem, even got the Kratos code.

On the first level of the islands how in the hell do you get past the lined up boards that sway back and forth once you walk on them.Its pissing me off to no end.

The diagonal boards that rotate or the series of vertical ones that you need to run across?

Edit: It's good to see that even if you got just a Kratos code from GameStop that it'll let you download all the other GoW stuff, too.

[quote name='icpmattj']On the first level of the islands how in the hell do you get past the lined up boards that sway back and forth once you walk on them.Its pissing me off to no end.[/quote]
Just run on them, don't jump.

bread's done
Back