Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit the bullet and bought Blade Kitten today, (still 600 points for Gold members only). Played it for 2 hours straight and didnt realize how much time had passed. The platforming is very enjoyable, the combat is good, but finding all the treasure chests and game currency makes it feel like a 2d borderlands (just in terms of grabbing loot!). Overall very satisfied. I really like the graphics too.

[quote name='JKSonic']Funny how they choose to do the Dragon Age stuff now, right after the Ultimate Edition release. I got DA: O for free with my RZ Cert and Awakening for $12 at GoHastings. I had bought DA: O at release and beat it so I had the armor and the Golem DLC...and now you can get half the DLC for basically half off. Wish the RtO DLC was included but oh well maybe later.[/QUOTE]

Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep were on sale back in August for a 2-week period.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Scott Pilgrim was $10 when it launched, right? Or was that just on PSN?[/QUOTE]

I also thought Scott Pilgrim was a 800 point game... Perhaps the game will be cheaper and the price isn't effective yet?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Scott Pilgrim was $10 when it launched, right? Or was that just on PSN?[/QUOTE]
Ah, maybe you're right, and they just haven't updated the price for DotW yet. Sorry, my bad! :)

Edit: did they fix all the Scott Pilgrim freezing/crashing issues?

Also, a big thanks to reddjoey for all his hard work on this thread! :)

Usually the XBLA website shows the original price in black and the sale price in orange/pink, so i think the website just hasn't updated yet. Hopefully it'll be 50% off for scott pilgrim, that would be awesome!

Nope, was 800 points on launch as well for XBLA.

[quote name='Stephan123']But the game is not good (metacritic dot com) . It gets boring very fast[/QUOTE]

I disagree, newbie. It's a classic brawler with great visuals and fairly good character progression. Plus the local multiplayer. Any fans of the comic, movie, or the game genre would be wise to pick it up.

Updated the OP. I am having trouble loading xbox.com. I will try again after breakfast. Can someone check Peggle's price between now and then? Is it still on sale?

[quote name='token2k6']hell yeah, I'm so in for Scott Pilgrim..has there ever been any more talk to patch it for online play?[/QUOTE]

online's not gonna happen.

[quote name='therodersabides']Just picked up Scott Pilgrim. $10 seemed steep when it didn't have online multiplayer, but $5 sounds perfect.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

I can't believe this just when i spent my last 400 points. My favorite xbla drop in price and I have no Microsoft point, Now i wish i bought snoopy flying ace.

I'm not going to buy this game period, solely because of lack of online.

What if Castle Crashers had no online? -_-

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Shame. Online multiplayer would have sold the game.
I would have loved to play this with my friends over Xbox LIVE.[/QUOTE]

Yeh this day in age there is no excuse for it. I'm sure they would have sold enough to more than make up for the efforts it would have taken to put it in the game. Oh well.

[quote name='Mahgin86']I'm not going to buy this game period, solely because of lack of online.

What if Castle Crashers had no online? -_-[/QUOTE]

Missing out on a good game at a cheap price, then.

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']damn i just grabbed scott pilgrim so i could get the 800msp credit...o well..[/QUOTE]

I believe that promotion ended in October.

Good price on SP, still not buying because of no online play. Also the fact that I hated the demo and will never play the game. Beat-em-ups died for me after the SNES era, I can't play those games for more than 10 minutes and then I get bored.

[quote name='Mahgin86']I'm not going to buy this game period, solely because of lack of online.

What if Castle Crashers had no online? -_-[/QUOTE]

This game is definitely worth it at $5, assuming you have at least ONE person to play it co-op. Otherwise, you'll be grinding by yourself. :bomb:

Also, the unlock codes for like Zombie Survival and Boss Rush is always fun. Plus, there is some budget DLC coming out for this game for like $1?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I believe that promotion ended in October.[/QUOTE]

I think what he was getting at is that had he of known it was going on sale basically right after that promotion he would have gotten another game instead.

Wasnt my kind of game for $10, but will definitely jump on it for $5...really free after the bing rewards I got last week :)

[quote name='nightmare452']Good price on SP, still not buying because of no online play. Also the fact that I hated the demo and will never play the game. Beat-em-ups died for me after the SNES era, I can't play those games for more than 10 minutes and then I get bored.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing at first, that this game was just a simple beat em up rehashed from the NES era. I kept playing though because my friends raved about the game, and it turns out...It was actually really good, once you start building up your character. I highly recommend this game, was my favorite downloadable game this year :)

[quote name='lockarm']I would consider it, if Scott Pilgrim wasn't one of the absolute hardest games on XBLA.[/QUOTE]
Really?
It's a simple beat'em up, how do you think this is hard?

[quote name='lockarm']I would consider it, if Scott Pilgrim wasn't one of the absolute hardest games on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

It starts out hard but becomes too easy once you've maxed out your stats. There's a balance somewhere in between the two.

[quote name='nikkai']Nice. PSN love please[/QUOTE]

Maybe next week Scott Pilgrim will be $.50 off for PSN+ subscribers! (for first 5,000 purchasers of the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack only) :applause:

I picked up Scott Pilgrim, I was waiting for a 400 point deal. I figured it would come around with the hopefully annual christmas sale, but the DVD/Blu release makes as much sense as any.

I've learned never to buy any xbla at full price unless I plan on playing them immediately, my fucking xbla game backlog is getting nasty with games I drunkenly paid full price for.

Never keep M$ points in your account and play 360 alone while drinking, you will make bad decisions.

Great deal at 400pts just picked it up. I heard there is a patch coming to make the game easier once the dlc comes out. Although I didn't find it to hard.

Grabbed all the DA:O content while it was on sale. I think I'll finally finish up Awakening and all this extra content over winter break.

Too much to play, not enough time...

I just bought Scott Pilgrim and am leaning towards getting Super Meatboy. Now I just need DeathSpank to go on sale. I just hope that it does since the perfect time for it to be DOTW (the sequel's release) already passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back