Lost Odyssey - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='hohez']that sounds similar to FF8, which i think was a constant 1000 to level up.[/QUOTE]
FFT was that way, as was Suikoden (the first one, at least--I can't remember for certain if it was consistent throughout the series). Personally, I don't think it makes much of a difference either way.

The reviews have been more positive than I was anticipating (outside of GameSpy), which just makes me more excited for this.

I am definitely looking forward to this game as well. The reviews have been good for it and I really dig Sakaguchi's love for the older types of games. FFIX was probably the best in the entire series for me. I am hoping this game is a nice mix of old and a little bit of new.

I saw the guide yesterday at Best Buy so I ended up getting it. Really impressed by these Prima 360 official game guides so far. i have the blue dragon one and it was great, and now this one seems to be just as good. 70 pages of side quests and appendices. Many game spanning side quests and extra bosses which has me very excited.

[quote name='the_deej']I can't wait to get this, I hope they put up some kind of demo on XBL.[/QUOTE]
Do you REALLY need a demo? It's a traditional RPG. At this you should know if you like the genre or not lol.

Depends how they do the scaling. If certain enemies scale less so so you still get more powerful then them and others scale with you, like boss's, so they remain a challenge it's a great idea. I'll have to play it to see. I think i'll get it.

Got the preorder at Bestbuy. I can always get them to get me a price shift if Fry's is lower. Either way I get the weapon and unlockable mission early and free now.

Damn is there any deals going on for this game? Everyone has it at $59.99. Even fryz has failed me as usually on day 1 they got a nice deal for new release games. I dont want to pay 65 bucks if i dont have to.

i just grabbed blue dragon, so im waiting on this. though i think ill like this more than blue dragon, i wont have time to play it for quite a while and im sure ill find it substantially cheaper.

[quote name='sleepy180']Damn is there any deals going on for this game? Everyone has it at $59.99. Even fryz has failed me as usually on day 1 they got a nice deal for new release games. I dont want to pay 65 bucks if i dont have to.[/quote]

Only deal I have found is at EB/GS, with the 20% extra with trade in towards LO.

Good thing I saved my trades until today.

so was reading gaf and found out we get
PIC-0070.jpg

and everyone else gets
http://www.moiee.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/LO11.jpg

It's nice to know that Japanese get additional cd holder while us, Americans, get one holder for 3 discs(similar to blue dragon) and paper sleeve for the fourth disc.

It hard to get a good impression early for this game when the first two hours are mainly dialog, computer graphic cutscenes or in game cutscenes. The skill allocation is similar to final fantasy 9, ( i think this is right final fantasy. I haven't played 9 in a long time) when level up a weapon, you can equip skills on your characters. The time sessions take getting used to.

I have a feeling i'll see used copies of this very soon. A lot of 360 gamers around here want action games, they'll trade it in while complaining of the cutscenes and whatnot.

Gamespot gave it a 7.5

Goddamnit, Microsoft. Is it really that fucking hard to give us the same cases everyone else gets?

At least it looks like I should be getting my 360 back tomorrow from 'em in time to actually play the game.

[quote name='Scorch']I have a feeling i'll see used copies of this very soon. A lot of 360 gamers around here want action games, they'll trade it in while complaining of the cutscenes and whatnot.

Gamespot gave it a 7.5[/QUOTE]

At that score from GameSpot, I'll surely check this out.

I just hope I can wait MSRP out.

Oooh, exotic giant 360 game case is cool!

I'm with Buster Rod. After that hunk o' shit Viva Pinata game case, it's not unreasonable to put up the extra pennies to give us a case worth putting the discs in.

It wouldn't be so bad if everyone was getting the same crap we are, but the real slap in the face is that they're already producing the better cases for every other freaking country. If they can justify the slight added cost for Europe, Japan, Asia, and wherever else they're gonna release it, then why the fuck can't they do it here?

Enough bitching about the packaging though. I'm still dying to play this. It's one of the games that games I wanted a 360 for in the first place. Probably has something to do with my combined love of both Final Fantasy and Highlander. If only they could somehow work in a few decapitations:whistle2:k

I dont mind because I can put the disks i'm not using in the sleave and keep the one i'm on in the main clip.

Besides disks can come out of those middle things. I dont really like them.

[quote name='Buster Rod G']It wouldn't be so bad if everyone was getting the same crap we are, but the real slap in the face is that they're already producing the better cases for every other freaking country. If they can justify the slight added cost for Europe, Japan, Asia, and wherever else they're gonna release it, then why the fuck can't they do it here?

Enough bitching about the packaging though. I'm still dying to play this. It's one of the games that games I wanted a 360 for in the first place. Probably has something to do with my combined love of both Final Fantasy and Highlander. If only they could somehow work in a few decapitations:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
What ticks me off about it is that we're the territory that's supporting them, and they shit all over us with this case.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What ticks me off about it is that we're the territory that's supporting them, and they shit all over us with this case.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What ticks me off about it is that we're the territory that's supporting them, and they shit all over us with this case.[/quote]

That's exactly why they're doing it to us. We're more likely to put up with it.

I think I'll pick it up from Best Buy today.

$59.99 - 10% reward zone coupon + 5% tax - $10 gift card = $46.69

Not that bad of a price for the hours it will give me.

I couldn't be more dissappointed with the game's case. If they really think that this is an acceptable way of selling games, they might as well start giving us discs with the same sleeves the 4th disc came in instead of even trying to put a case around it.

Yes, the case situation sucks. Let's not let that totally bring down the thread and label this a crappy game, know what I mean?

It's like the commercial with the hippie music. It can totally distract us from the meat of the game.

I'm picking it up after work in a couple hours. I'm hella excited!

If only we could start some type of gamertag tied petition to microsoft and the publishers to stop screwing us with the 3 disc spindle and horrible cases....

We could get our voice heard for sure.

[quote name='blueweltall']Have anyone got there preorder bonus emailed to them yet? Is there any other way to get it besides email?[/quote]

It's on a piece of cardboard mailed with the game much like 100 MS Points and free arcade games come when you buy an Xbox Live Gold Pack.

EDIT: Saw the inside of the case myself and they have a little bit of plastic on the left side of the box that keeps it rolling around, which is decent. You'd have to throw or drop the case to get it to move outside of opening it. Still wouldof prefered not to get screwwed like this but at least it doesn't fly around inside the case.

[quote name='Wolve11']I couldn't be more dissappointed with the game's case. If they really think that this is an acceptable way of selling games, they might as well start giving us discs with the same sleeves the 4th disc came in instead of even trying to put a case around it.[/QUOTE]

That's what they've done with PC games for years now.

The 4th disc fits on the spindle fine, just probably not well enough to ship it in. As for the actual game...do NOT play this game if you suffer from depression. This game hits you and hits you HARD with the dream stories I swear.

I'm on the fence with wanting to purchase this game. I haven't played a JRPG since FF10. How is everyone enjoying it so far? Worth the $60?

Anyone care to scan the card the preorder bonus comes on, sans code, I didn't get one, and called the GS I was at, and they gave me a code over the phone which isn't working, wondering if theres a certain way I have to enter it.

Just opened my copy and disc 4 has a pretty decent scratch on the edge where the case was clipped down on it.

I'm hoping it won't affect anything, but i won't find out either. I'll exchange this copy this weekend and get one thats hopefully defect free.

Thus far, the load times on my copy are no longer than 10 seconds, most are less. I will continue playing to see if it gets worse, but for now, it seems pretty much like the review copy various different websites had was not the final version we receive in our retail copies.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Thus far, the load times on my copy are no longer than 10 seconds, most are less. I will continue playing to see if it gets worse, but for now, it seems pretty much like the review copy various different websites had was not the final version we receive in our retail copies.[/quote]
I agree they are not that bad. So far it seems pretty good. As for the game hitting hard, if it is how you say I will be happy then. I have wanted a game with a good story line for a while now.

The dreams are very well written and they definitely hit home. I can relate to the one from the Tavern.

The game's pace is kind of slow though.......but I quit playing for a second to post that I'm fighting what appears to be 2 deer and a plant..........and I'm not sure what to think about that...

I wonder how close I am to finishing the first disc....but I have a feeling it'll be a little while still. Awesome story in the game so far....feels more like a movie/book experience so far than an interactive game, but it is starting to put a solid story line together.....and then I ran into the deer and plant.....

[quote name='Wolve11']The dreams are very well written and they definitely hit home. I can relate to the one from the Tavern.
[/quote]

The stories in the original Shadow Hearts were very good because they had a narrator, such as the one in the port town where the old lady tells it. A story like that I haven't forgotten, I think the dream sequences should have a narrator, even if it were just Kaim telling them.

bread's done
Back