Lost Planet - Discussion and Hype Thread - UPDATE: Map Pack #3 Free Aug. 16th.

i saw something funny on live today. After some guy killed me his character slapped his ass. I want... no. I need to know how to do this.

Is anyone else finding the multiplayer to be unbelievably fucking frustrating? I am getting SLAUGHTERED in every single match...I never know whos killing me, or from what direction. I'm unloading shotguns, machineguns and grenades on people but it just seems to be useless. I came thisclose to hurling the wireless controller across the room... :(

[quote name='DT778']i saw something funny on live today. After some guy killed me his character slapped his ass. I want... no. I need to know how to do this.[/QUOTE]

Hold Start and Press a Directional Button. I believe ass-slap is Start + Up. Good fun. :)

Hmmm... last night I played my first ranked match, got 2nd place, and went from level 1 to level 11 in one shot. I exited the game after the match and went to bed. Tonight I log in and I'm level 1 again... wtf :(

In the single player, does anyone have any tips on the Level 10 end boss?

I wrote up a description of what I'm doing, but I worried about spoilers so I deleted it. Anyhow, this one looks like something HP Lovecraft would have written about.

[quote name='Diiz']Hmmm... last night I played my first ranked match, got 2nd place, and went from level 1 to level 11 in one shot. I exited the game after the match and went to bed. Tonight I log in and I'm level 1 again... wtf :([/QUOTE]
You probably forgot to let the game save after the match.

[quote name='Cursor']In the single player, does anyone have any tips on the Level 10 end boss?

I wrote up a description of what I'm doing, but I worried about spoilers so I deleted it. Anyhow, this one looks like something HP Lovecraft would have written about.[/quote]

The one with the two tentacles? Shoot his hands, then go inside the hole they sneak away in. Shoot his weak spot with rockets. After while he'll open his mouth and you can shoot him there.

Finally beat the final boss. No spoilers, but why in the world would you make a final battle that is so askew from the way the rest of the game plays..

Literally feels like a different team did the final boss compared to the rest of the game.

[quote name='Surferflames']Finally beat the final boss. No spoilers, but why in the world would you make a final battle that is so askew from the way the rest of the game plays..

Literally feels like a different team did the final boss compared to the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was terrible.

I just finished it up and your right, thats exactly how it felt. I enjoyed it overall. I'am guessing they will make a sequel with it now passing 1 million in sales world wide. Here's to the 2nd being alot better

[quote name='help1']How was this game? I'd like Zewone's opinion sicne he doesnt worship overrated crap (i.e. Dead Rising).[/QUOTE]
It was okay. There is no way I could recommend paying more than $20 for this game. It's a good rental, and should distract you for a couple of hours, but it's really short. I beat the campaign on Normal with a total time of 5 hours.

[quote name='help1']How was this game? I'd like Zewone's opinion sicne he doesnt worship overrated crap (i.e. Dead Rising).[/QUOTE]

...says the man with a Halo obsession ;)

fuck I cannot beat that damn worm. Everytime I aim my rocket launcer to shoot the orange things it moves and I miss. Anyone have some tips?

I caved and picked this up in time for the weekend. I'll play it tonight... I loved the demo and if it's more of the same I'll be very happy.

[quote name='King']fuck I cannot beat that damn worm. Everytime I aim my rocket launcer to shoot the orange things it moves and I miss. Anyone have some tips?[/QUOTE]
If you're having trouble aiming with the rockets than just use your rifle. It'll take awhile, but the rifle is more forgiving with the aim.

[quote name='javeryh']I caved and picked this up in time for the weekend. I'll play it tonight... I loved the demo and if it's more of the same I'll be very happy.[/QUOTE]

oddly the game after level 3 grows into insanity... in a good way. Once you play level 4 and beyond, you won't want to go back to the old stuff.

[quote name='King']fuck I cannot beat that damn worm. Everytime I aim my rocket launcer to shoot the orange things it moves and I miss. Anyone have some tips?[/QUOTE]

don't use the rocket launcher. That thing is the hardest weapon to aim and the launch time is delayed. Use your machine gun or a gatling gun for best results.

[quote name='zewone']It was okay. There is no way I could recommend paying more than $20 for this game. It's a good rental, and should distract you for a couple of hours, but it's really short. I beat the campaign on Normal with a total time of 5 hours.[/quote]
Well I for one am glad I picked this up because even though the single player may be short, I had a blast playing it. The online play is great as well and I have no problems on live unlike say Chromehounds (which I rented). That and I love mechs and Starship Troopers lol.

I paid full price also, I really didn't have any problems with the length of the single player. I finished the game around 8 hours.

I got the CE and I'm quite happy with it. I've been playing a lot of the multiplayer, and I know that after I'm done with the campaign it'll keep me playing for a long time.

Also, if I am correct, the game records how long it took you to get through the mission, but does not count the time when you died. So you played more than it actually shows.

so does that worm on mission 3 just come out twice or do i have to do something special to kill it?

edit: fuck this dude. I'm jumping away in time. why doesn't he have a life guage.

The worm isn't a boss. That's why no life gauge. After you kill one, an another one shortly after pops up. The achievement for killing the worm you get after you complete the level.

I tried playing the game on Extreme mode and I got as far as the second boss. DAMN, it's annoyingly hard! It wouldn't be so bad if they included the Vital Suits for the boss battles.

well, as expected, this game is pretty awesome.

The only problem is that Wayne is basically invincible. I've beaten 2 missions and I rarely dipped below 8000 thermal energy. So I'm gonna restart on Hard mode.

[quote name='Apossum']well, as expected, this game is pretty awesome.

The only problem is that Wayne is basically invincible. I've beaten 2 missions and I rarely dipped below 8000 thermal energy. So I'm gonna restart on Hard mode.[/QUOTE]

bad idea. Like I've had to say over and over: the game shifts gears into relentless near death moments once you get past the 3rd chapter.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']bad idea. Like I've had to say over and over: the game shifts gears into relentless near death moments once you get past the 3rd chapter.[/QUOTE]

good to know. I should've read the thread :)

I just beat Mission 8 and I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with this game. At first I thought it was great and a near-classic, but as the game wears on the sluggish controls really begin to take their toll. Like levels 6-8 I basically just found myself sprinting through them as fast as I could and constantly getting tossed about like a ragdoll. The level 8 boss was particularly sadistic by often throwing you in an endless loop of getting run over. And personally, I don't really care for the mechs as they take the games sluggish controls to a new extreme.

When the game sticks to running around on foot fighting hordes of giant insects it's like nothing else out there, but when the focus switches to mechs and pirates it just feels like a clunky (albeit pretty) retread of the much better Zone of the Enders 2. I'm not sorry I rented it because I'd still say it's worth running through once just for all the pretty sights, but I would have been angry had I bought it.

[quote name='Apossum']I spoke too soon-- fucking worm on mission 3 is a bitch.[/QUOTE]
It's actually pretty easy, when you get used to his SNES boss routine.

(I'm not even sure you need to kill him, actually.)

[quote name='Brak']It's actually pretty easy, when you get used to his SNES boss routine.

(I'm not even sure you need to kill him, actually.)[/quote]

If you want the worm hunter achievement you have to kill him on mission 3 when he is chasing you. Once you kill him though(you can tell by him dropping the gigantic glob of T-energy) he will respawn again. So you have to "kill" him, then finish the mission to get the achievement.

finally got him. I didn't get all of his weak spots, but the music stopped and I got the achievment. I wanted a huge crazy death scene :)

I don't see how anyone can find the controls sluggish. Sure, if you use the defaul settings, the speed for looking laterally is really slow, but I just pumped it up, and it moves a lot quicker and smoother now.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I don't see how anyone can find the controls sluggish. Sure, if you use the defaul settings, the speed for looking laterally is really slow, but I just pumped it up, and it moves a lot quicker and smoother now.[/QUOTE]

"Accelerate 8" is the sweet spot for me.

fucking worm. I didn't know it was just for an achievment. I killed two of them then another one comes out so I was like fuck this and just ran to the next spot. When I finally finished the mission the total time was 40, with 2 of those spent fighting pinky.

i seriously hate that fucking worm. i almost smashed my laptop my psp went flying. i dont have the patience for this game, if i could id return it. i like the game, i like the way it plays, why the fuck do they have to put shit like that fucking worm in the game. i have a feeling that its going to piss me off a lot worse if i keep playing it. i wish id have listen to the only worth a rental people.

[quote name='paz9x']i seriously hate that fucking worm. i almost smashed my laptop my psp went flying. i dont have the patience for this game, if i could id return it. i like the game, i like the way it plays, why the fuck do they have to put shit like that fucking worm in the game. i have a feeling that its going to piss me off a lot worse if i keep playing it. i wish id have listen to the only worth a rental people.[/quote]

cml for it, lol
http://www.tradegamesnow.com/user.cfm?un=swetooth9&view=list

you can just shoot it but im sure the orange sacks are its weak spots and not just for T-eng. Then after it "growls" at you just stop shooting and prepare to roll to the side to avoid being eaten. When his tails comes out just strafe while its shooting out whatever it is that comes out of his asshole then shoot the sacks on the side when he stops. I think you only have to kill one and its only for an achievment.

bread's done
Back