LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

I preordered forza and shadowrun. they both shipped last thursday and I got them on saturday. Great service

I received my pre-ordered copy of Forza today. Delivery Confirmation states it arrived on Saturday, but it was not in my P.O. Box, so I had to wait until today to fire it up. Great Game!

Anyways, my experience in dealing with Liongames, thus far, has been nothing but excellent. I look forward to dealing with them in the future.

[quote name='spartan789']just wanted to let people know Tony updated his specials for May (be it towards the end of the month), but they're up there now...

All-Pro Football and Two Worlds for 51.99 (+$5 shipping)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-may07.cfm[/QUOTE]

Sadly those pre-order prices are barely deals at all after shipping. I'll have to pass this time.

What's worse is that the prices on the front of the Lionsgame site indicate the prices are lower (it says "pre-order these games for as low as $41.99"), but that's only if you click through to the next page and realize the prices are only good if you trade in games along with it. :(

But the really nice thing about Tony's trade-ins is that you get the discount from the trade and you get credit for the game itself... atleast thats how I took it.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Sadly those pre-order prices are barely deals at all after shipping. I'll have to pass this time.

What's worse is that the prices on the front of the Lionsgame site indicate the prices are lower (it says "pre-order these games for as low as $41.99"), but that's only if you click through to the next page and realize the prices are only good if you trade in games along with it. :([/quote]

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Sadly those pre-order prices are barely deals at all after shipping. I'll have to pass this time.

What's worse is that the prices on the front of the Lionsgame site indicate the prices are lower (it says "pre-order these games for as low as $41.99"), but that's only if you click through to the next page and realize the prices are only good if you trade in games along with it. :([/QUOTE]

for those games you'll have to trade stuff in for that price. Yeah the ad kinda tricks you. But for others like Halo 3 or Grand Theft Auto IV you don't need to trade in stuff and you get the games for that price, which is a steal especially with Halo 3.

What's worse is that the prices on the front of the Lionsgame site indicate the prices are lower (it says "pre-order these games for as low as $41.99"), but that's only if you click through to the next page and realize the prices are only good if you trade in games along with it. :([/QUOTE]

NO NO its important that we keep this off topic non specific deal on the front page at all times!!! :|

[quote name='jpbumich']Hey Tony, when can I preorder ncaa 2008(football) and madden? I always end up buying these games year after year even though they are inevitabley the same game. Thanks Jason[/quote]

Hey Jason. Sorry it took me so long to answer you. I havent checked the thread for a while because I have been flat out. Anyway I will try and get these games on the site over the next few days. Tommorow is looking like a good day for me to get a lot of work done.

Tori:
So tempted to pre-order Assassin's Creed. What's your cancellation policy? (Just in case I sell my PS3 before it comes out. I move through electronics like socks.)

No hassle cancellation. if less then 60 days I just reverse the payment. After 60 days I can send you a check, give you store credit ,or paypal you but with paypal you will pay to receive you own money back. {After 60days}

Tideas:Question, are the pre-order the final price of the game

if you order when they are on special those are the final prices. I can stop those specials at anytime.

Sulik2:Hey Tony any update on when Mass Effect is shipping yet? I see you are still showing June, was wondering if have gotten any info yet, cause I need to pay off my pre-order if it really is June 19th.

It is looking more like october now and even that date is very loose. My distributor shows a date in October but has a TBD after that date.

Grillwithonions: And a question for Tony (if he is still reading this?):
Why no RE 4 for Wii? Would love to see THAT as a pre-order below retail :D
Perhaps it was there and is sold out now. Doesn't seem to be anything at the cheap prices besides 360 stuff anyway, which I don't have :p

The game is at 29.99 retail it will be hard to lower the cost enough for a deal ,and the freight would bring you above retail anyway. Wii is starting to move okay, so I will put more effort into it. Right now 360 is where 98% of my sales come from.

What's worse is that the prices on the front of the Lionsgame site indicate the prices are lower (it says "pre-order these games for as low as $41.99"), but that's only if you click through to the next page and realize the prices are only good if you trade in games along with it. :([/quote]

I feel $56.99 is a decent deal after shipping. you will pay $59.99 in most stores plus tax whixh puts you to $63.60 at 6% and $64.80 at 8%. I also believe time is a value. You dont have to waste time dealing with traffic and driving to the store and finding a parking space. On top of that wear and tear on your car is a real expense that nobodys factors in. Keep in mind the price of gas these days. So you click a few buttons and save time and money. all you need to do is run out to your mailbox. I also dont mind sharing my cost on this $56.99 that i receive. The game cost me $50.53. My paypal processing fee is about $1.60. The envelope is .26 and the shipping cost me about $2.73 up from $2.19 a few weeks ago. That puts me at a total cost of $55.12 so I make $1.87 if you dont want to trade games in. I believe that is more than fair. Dont forget my wear and tear on my car and the cost to run the website, not to mention time. I am not trying to make money on new games. I am trying to make money on used games. So I am rewarding my customers that offer trades to me because those customers I have a chance to turn a profit on over a few transactions. If people arent willing to let me make a few bucks on new games without trade ins.....

[quote name='liongames']I feel $56.99 is a decent deal after shipping. you will pay $59.99 in most stores plus tax whixh puts you to $63.60 at 6% and $64.80 at 8%. I also believe time is a value. You dont have to waste time dealing with traffic and driving to the store and finding a parking space. On top of that wear and tear on your car is a real expense that nobodys factors in. Keep in mind the price of gas these days. So you click a few buttons and save time and money. all you need to do is run out to your mailbox. I also dont mind sharing my cost on this $56.99 that i receive. The game cost me $50.53. My paypal processing fee is about $1.60. The envelope is .26 and the shipping cost me about $2.73 up from $2.19 a few weeks ago. That puts me at a total cost of $55.12 so I make $1.87 if you dont want to trade games in. I believe that is more than fair. Dont forget my wear and tear on my car and the cost to run the website, not to mention time. I am not trying to make money on new games. I am trying to make money on used games. So I am rewarding my customers that offer trades to me because those customers I have a chance to turn a profit on over a few transactions. If people arent willing to let me make a few bucks on new games without trade ins.....[/quote]

This is the reason why I have a total reverse of opinion of You and your website. I have Bioshock, Blue Dragon and Halo 3 CE on order and you made very little if at all from me, considering Bioschock is only $40. I didn't spend more than $70 on those three games after trades and i got pretty much every cent back I paid for the game originally. Your prices are more than fair on trade-ins()hell even new games too! and you aren't trying to rape the wallet of your customers.

For those bitching about the price, Tony says it best in the above thread. You don't consider the fact that you don't pay tax and shipping is very reasonable. in fact, for most places the shipping evens out the tax you pay so you would compare the 51.99 price to the 59.99 price. IMO $8 savings for a new game that comes to your door is well worth it; grated you may not be able to get it RIGHT on day 1 like you would at a store, but for those who shop Best Buy you know that they get their shit two days after release most times (Thursday when release is Tuesday, at least here anyway).

I'm still in for Mass Effect and really enjoy the idea that I got it at a kick-ass price and have more or less forgotten that I bought it already, thus when it shows up at my door it'll be an awesome surprise (from me to me).

Anyway, I'm all for helping Tony out; I'll probably start trading with him instead of getting fucked by EB/GS on their trade prices.

I'm doing my part, I ordered a used game yesterday so he can finally make some money off of me, I just hope he ships it today. Ordered a used Motorstorm I think he made some money and I got a decent deal so it works for both of us.

[quote name='benjamouth']I just grabbed Sonic and the Secret Rings on Wii, $31.49 shipped for a pre-owned copy.

Not a bad price, plus I get to show an independant retailer some love.[/quote]

Well Sonic turned up today, excellent condition, doesn't look like it's been
fuck ed by a sticker machine, works like a treat and a great price.

Consider me a satisfied customer, thanks Tony, I shall order from you again in the future.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I bit ... Gears of War (Used - Thanks for the quick reply to the email Tony) and Halo 3 (Pre-order) ...[/QUOTE]

My used Gears of War arrived yesterday in excellent condition, I don't usually buy games for over $20 but Gears is such an excellent game and it was only $32.99 +s/h. So add one more satisfied customer to the list.

[quote name='hollowfreak']My used Gears of War arrived yesterday in excellent condition, I don't usually buy games for over $20 but Gears is such an excellent game and it was only $32.99 +s/h. So add one more satisfied customer to the list.[/QUOTE]

Gears of War

Gamefly.com

Category: Shooter

Release Date: 11/9/06

Keep It Price: $26.99 + free shipping from gamefly

the EB/GS price is RAPE at $54

Should we post a gamefly thread about generic deals too now and everyone chime in every single time they order a game and receive it without being scammed?

lionsgames has pre owned games and deals on trade ins etc... thats great. Their prices are clearly better than EB/GS, fantastic.

However this board specifically states threads should be about specific VG deals. This thread is not about deals, its an ongoing discussion about a particular website.

Someone suggested breaking this out and only posting new threads for this site based on new timely deals, as is done w/ every other website on this board.

Why is this thread diff? Is it because the owner of the company comes and posts and people respond to him so somehow that means an exception for the rule.

My only agenda is to keep CAG as it was meant to be, specifically this board.

Early someone question my statement that this board is for specific game deals, AS IF I made that up out of my ass or something.

Guys, take a look at the top of the page

ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!

its not my rule

All of those pre-order specials certainly qualify as "specific deals" imo.

Bioshock/Mass Effect for 39.99 = quite the deal (+ GTA IV at 42.99)

[quote name='expane']Guys, take a look at the top of the page

ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!

its not my rule

:baby:[/QUOTE]

So? You want us to create a thread for every single pre-order deal listed on liongames.com? Then you could have multiple threads to crap on ... would that make you happy? fucking :dunce: No one really cares what you have to say, this thread exists and if CheadyD or any other mod feels it violates the "Video Game Deals" forum rules then they'll do as they see fit, but as long as there are deals they will be posted. That's what it's about here, like it or not there are many multiple-deal threads in the "Video Game Deals" forum ... take a pill and relax ... if you don't have any please seek professional help :joystick:

We were told by shrike (the most hardass mod) to make this thread, so whats his nuts should just shove it.

[quote name='hollowfreak']So? You want us to create a thread for every single pre-order deal listed on liongames.com? Then you could have multiple threads to crap on ... would that make you happy? fucking :dunce: No one really cares what you have to say, this thread exists and if CheadyD or any other mod feels it violates the "Video Game Deals" forum rules then they'll do as they see fit, but as long as there are deals they will be posted. That's what it's about here, like it or not there are many multiple-deal threads in the "Video Game Deals" forum ... take a pill and relax ... if you don't have any please seek professional help :joystick:[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden'] so whats his nuts should just shove it.[/QUOTE]

No need to flame kid, thats not what CAG is about.

It is quite ok to disagree with someone without namecalling, you shoulda learned that back when you were 2yro

indeed the mods have the final say, if they say its fine to keep this thread constantly bumped w/ ZOMG I ORDERED A GAME AND I DIDNT GET RIPPED OFF

then thats the way its gonna be...

/shrug

[quote name='expane']No need to flame kid, thats not what CAG is about.

It is quite ok to disagree with someone without namecalling, you shoulda learned that back when you were 2yro

indeed the mods have the final say, if they say its fine to keep this thread constantly bumped w/ ZOMG I ORDERED A GAME AND I DIDNT GET RIPPED OFF

then thats the way its gonna be...

/shrug[/quote]

Expane. I like to make a few points here. When threads about my website first started hitting these boards, many people yelled scam without giving me a chance. You yourself made a post on this very thread with "if it is too good to be true" mantra, and you stated many other small shops go out of business so why not mine? I imagine you were implying a risk factor with doing business with me. I believe that is all fair. I feel since the negative side gets exposed, then fair play would be the positve side getting exposed also. I feel many people work hard for their money, and they don't want to be ripped off. I think many CAG's might feel better knowing about others personal experience with Liongames. The other thing to consider is, if liongames threads are very popular, then many CAG's must enjoy reading the threads and posting to them. This thread has many replies, and the last thread ended up with about 600 before it got locked. That would tell me the majority here approve of the threads. I understand you might not like seeing and reading the threads about my website, and the deals, but wouldn't it make more sense for you to just shake your head and skip over them, rather then trying to deny your fellow CAG's who obviously enjoy reading the threads.

As far as Liongames threads always being on the front page, there is obviously a very good reason for that. That is because the deals are real, and in my bias opinion it is the best place on the net for gamers to buy video games. I also feel my website helps add value to this forum. If someone comes to CAG for the first time and spots a great deal on a unknown website and saves himself some money, then that person is going to be pretty happy with CAG. If important threads were buried, maybe some of the newer CAG's would miss them. I think that is what this website is all about. I think Liongames threads fits right in.

Hopefully you can respect my position here, and I can tell you I have no problems with your position. I just don't want to see CAG's fighting with each other over Liongames. I sincerely wish you well!

Tony

I think what you're doing with this site is great. The video game market is sorely in need of a different take on buying and selling games. Consider yourself promoted to everyone I know.

Hey, having trouble ordering halo 3. I'm on the account info page, filled in everything that is required, and i can't continue the checkout process. Everytime I click on the cont. checkout button it tells me i have to specify a value in the certificate e-mail box.

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='raybert']Hey, having trouble ordering halo 3. I'm on the account info page, filled in everything that is required, and i can't continue the checkout process. Everytime I click on the cont. checkout button it tells me i have to specify a value in the certificate e-mail box.

Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

Maybe by mistake you put an email address in the certificate email box. This box needs to be blank. If yuo are still having trouble email me in the morning and I will see what i can do to help you out!

[quote name='DrunknDragun']for those games you'll have to trade stuff in for that price. Yeah the ad kinda tricks you. But for others like Halo 3 or Grand Theft Auto IV you don't need to trade in stuff and you get the games for that price, which is a steal especially with Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think the ad is tricky at all and do think it's a deal. I pre-ordered All Pro Football 2K8 recently with 2 trade-ins so the price started at 41.99 plus I received 22.00 for the 2 games so the game ended up only costing me $20 plus shipping.

I did have to confirm with Tony first before I placed my order but this to me was much better than trading in older 360 games to an EB/GS and getting pennies on the dollar when all their games start at full price, $59.99

Here are the details:

All Pro Football 2K8 With 2 Trade Ins
Catalog No. XB3 TK2 39159 2 $41.99 1 $41.99
Full Auto - Trade-In : $10.00
Fight Night Round 3 - Trade-In $12.50
Total Of Items: $19.49
Shipping: $5.00
Amount Due Lion Games [PAID]: $24.49

Tony,

If you could do the same deal on NCAA Football 08 I'd be all over that one.

Thanks again.

Just wanted to chime in. I did the tradein deal on Forza. Traded in Trauma Center for the Wii ($20), and NBA 2K7 ($15) and NHL 07 ($15). Ended up getting Forza for free and I think $7.01 in store credit. I mailed my games last Sunday so they went out on Monday. Got the confirmation email on Wednesday that the games were received and got Forza in the mail on Friday. I was pleasantly surprised since his website says the shipping is 5-7 days.

I was skeptical too. I've been reading the liongame threads since February or so and haven't bit till now.

Looks like he's added Madden and NCAA to the site as $52.99 preorders. Madden has the trade in two games deal to knock it down $10 bucks. Hopefully he adds a tradein deal for NCAA. I always liked that game better than Madden.

I was thinking about getting Overlord and Tenchu Z for the 360 but your site doesn't have them listed.

Will they be added to the site later on after thier releases?

Hey Tony, just wanted to let you know what a stellar business you have going. In fact a friend of mine and I just placed a order for you GTA4 Pre-Order for 360, so then we will have additional time to pay off the remaining balance, that is a great service that you provide to your customers!! Our order number is 2840, so keep me posted if you could on this, and how much is your shipping?
EDIT: I do have one suggestion, I know that this may not be easy for you to do, but in the future maybe consider redesigning your website to give it more of that 'realistic' feel that people look for. Although I do understand that this is not always easy and can be costly. Thanks again!

PLeaSe Help!!!!!

I'm trying to create an account but the (Certificate E-Mail)box blinks red and states that i must specify a value. Ive been trying to order Halo since Sat. and have'nt had any luck. this iS dRiviNg mE NuTs!

Thanks for your input .

Yes, I am quite impressed with this site as well. Preordered NCAA 08 and original price was 52.99. I traded in Crackdown ($20) and NBA 2K7 ($15) and the total came to $17.99. Amazing deal.

[quote name='raybert']PLeaSe Help!!!!!

I'm trying to create an account but the (Certificate E-Mail)box blinks red and states that i must specify a value. Ive been trying to order Halo since Sat. and have'nt had any luck. this iS dRiviNg mE NuTs!

Thanks for your input .[/quote]
I forwarded an email to my web designer and he didnt get back to me yet. I will call him on monday morning. I havent forgot about you. I am thinking my email might have went to his junk mail and he never saw it.

[quote name='Dijital']Any plans to have PC games for sale on your site in the future?[/quote]
Probably not. This isnt one of my distributors strong suits. If you really looking for something i can try and get a price for you on a case by case basis.

[quote name='seththefallen']I bit the bullet and trade in Spiderman 3 to Liongames and what occured was the following. I receive an email explaining that my game (which was in perfect condition) is not perfect (how can I debate this?) and that I am going to receive less then I was guaranteed. In addition, the email explains how the value of this game has dropped, and I'm still getting a good deal, despite the fact I was guaranteed a higher price. Even if other places offer lower trade in values, they don't argue with me over the condition of the game I send in.[/quote]

Seththefallen. Your game was not in perfect condition, there are some minor scratches on it, and the inside of the box has two teeth missing from it so the game sits a bit loose in there. I would like you to consider the other side the other side of the coin. People are very sensitive about buying used games. It is very important for me to sell used games that are in excellent condition. If they are not, then I am upfront with those descriptions on my used game page. I feel if I sold your game as excellent, then the buyer would be up here posting in two seconds complaining that I sell games that are scrathed. I feel the responcibility is on the person who trades the game in to select the condition fairly. Bottom line is people don't want to buy games that aren't excellent. Here is what I mean that you still got a good deal. Your were suppose to be getting $30 for the game, instead I gave you $25. I then noticed the market has changed, and I lowered my trade in value to $15. You still got $10 more bucks then my current trade in value. Right now Ebgames is offering a trade in for the collectors edition at $22 credit. You got $25 for a game that wasn't perfect from me. I am very comfortable that I am being more then fair here, and perhaps even making the cag's feel more comfortable about buying used games from me. If you want your game back I will ship it back to you at my cost. Just email me if you want this. I am sorry you are unhappy, but I rather get the reputation that I won't accept games that aren't in excellent condition.

Tony

I agree with Tonys philosophy, if I got that as "perfect condition" I would want my money back. and dont use EB games or anywhere else as an argument against Liongames, the used games at those places look like they came out of a baboons ass, and for all we know they probably did.

edit: Tony, is his game the 1 used spider-man 3 for 360 you have in stock?

[quote name='hhhdx4']I agree with Tonys philosophy, if I got that as "perfect condition" I would want my money back. and dont use EB games or anywhere else as an argument against Liongames, the used games at those places look like they came out of a baboons ass, and for all we know they probably did.

edit: Tony, is his game the 1 used spider-man 3 for 360 you have in stock?[/quote]

No it is not the one in stock. What i will do with his is take it to my store. if my store copy is perfect I will trade it with his copy so I will be able to sell it as excellent and just give my store his copy for rent.

[quote name='raybert']PLeaSe Help!!!!!

Thanks for your input .[/quote]

Are you putting an email address in the gift certificate box? this would cause this problem. also what browser are you using?

Tony

I appreciate that unlike other retailers, you offer grades of used games so that people aren't being offered a random condition copy of a game, which is more often then not just a poor condition copy. Obviously I would have preffered the $30. I really don't recall scratches, at all, but you are correct about the spines and if that changes the grade then I guess that changes the grade. I wrote that email pretty early this morning and I was irritable. Sorry. Thanks, you really don't get customer service like anywhere.

Are you only acccepting trade-ins on titles that are listed on your website? I'm thinking of selling most of my PS2 games. Obviously, I don't expect you to be taking in crap like Wild Wild Racing, but I've got some like Ico and DMC in great condition (as far as I can remember, I haven't opened them in years) and FF (the one with Blitzball, I think). Hehe. Sorry, there's a whole bunch of 'em, I can't remember what games I have.

Edit: Xbox titles, too, but they're last year's games and beyond. I guess I should make a list so I know what I have exactly.

i wonder if there are such things in the world as PRIVATE MESSAGES? Perhaps they could be used one day to ask specific questions to a user?

I WONDER?

[quote name='expane']i wonder if there are such things in the world as PRIVATE MESSAGES? Perhaps they could be used one day to ask specific questions to a user?

I WONDER?[/quote]

I'm not sure who this question was aimed at but shouldn't you have PM'd them ?

[quote name='expane']i wonder if there are such things in the world as PRIVATE MESSAGES? Perhaps they could be used one day to ask specific questions to a user?

I WONDER?[/quote]

It'as actualyl smarter posting questions in this thread because it provides everybody with the information, not just one person.

BTW, I pre-ordered Mass Effect a while ago. :)

I WONDER?[/QUOTE]

If messages weren't posted out in the open, then people would have to start doing this ....

BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

Duh, expane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back