Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

I wonder how quickly before Madden releases a roster update as there have been some roster moves over the past week...

Hello there.

From what I've heard neither Favre nor Vick is currently in the game as available free agents.

In
[quote name='seen']I wonder how quickly before Madden releases a roster update as there have been some roster moves over the past week...[/QUOTE]Isn't it usually a few days before or after week 1 when they release the first roster update?

I'm in!

I'm pleasantly surprised at the soundtrack of the game -- Killswitch Engage, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Nirvana and Korn just to name a few!

As far as the FAs that have been brought up, as of right now those who ARE in:

Chris Mcalister
Plaxico
Edge
Marvin Harrison
Rodney Harrison

a few other vets like Lawyor Milloy, D. Brooks, Ty Law are also here.

So as it stands, no Vick or Favre but I would imagine that will change with either release date roster updates, or season kickoff roster update. There is already an online roster update that has made all the major moves from the past few weeks.

Put in some ideas for times for Community Game Nights. They are obviously not mandatory, but it hopefully makes it easier for people to organize games.

Each week will be 7 days. If all the games are done BEFORE that, the week will advance. If not, the games will be simmed.

I was just naming people Matt.

Ok, there are still 2 things that greatly disappoint me in this game. The running game still isnt fleshed out enough to make intelligent runs. I must note that the DL and OL interaction is a huge step forward when it comes to the pass game but the is still horrid in the running aspect.

Also, I watched some videos with commentary.......horrid. I cant believe that still can not get commentary right. Please for the love of god find 2 people who sound like they are excited to watch a football game. Also, program it so that they speak about things that are CURRENTLY happening on feild not things that happened 10 seconds ago.

Also can you sound any more fucking robotic...."Brady.......Passes the ball........Williams...Bats it down."

There might not be a lot of soccer fans in here but Fifa 09 seriously has the best sports commentary I have ever heard in my entire life. I cant believe that the Madden team cant simply ask the Fifa team how to make good commentary.

If you guys go to your local gamestop, you can play a complete copy they have at the store early for the PS3. Its pretty damn good this year! I'm still in btw ;)

This is for anyone who might know this. During the loading screen there are tabs that rate offense, defense, ST and such. The very last tab is a coaching tab, does this mean that a coach actually has some type of impact on the game?

just got a wireless adapter and hooked up everything correctly. But for some reason like every 5 minutes it knocks me off live and I have to reconnect to live. Anyone know what's up with that? Would hate to be playing a madden game then disconnecting a couple minutes in.

Still in.

Da Bears.

EDIT: I put my order in from YourFree360Games last week, says the estimated ship date is the 12th, probably meaning they'll do a release date delivery on it. I hope.

[quote name='cmart05']is gamestop still having a 30% trade-in offer towards the reservation of Madden 10?[/QUOTE]

Ripped from the Gamestop Website.
Power Trade Pre-Order - Madden NFL 2010, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Halo 3: ODST

Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of Madden 2010, Batman Arkham Asylum or Halo ODST and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

[quote name='FrankySox']Hey guess what! I'm still in with Aaron Curry and the Seattle Seahawks

Your Truly,

Frankysox[/QUOTE]

Did he even sign yet? Last I heard he didnt sign a contract yet.

Also, I have never watched an entire Pre-season game but I did last night with my Titans and the Bills.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Did he even sign yet? Last I heard he didnt sign a contract yet.

Also, I have never watched an entire Pre-season game but I did last night with my Titans and the Bills.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Curry became the highest-paid rookie (non-QB) in the history of the NFL this weekend. I think it's 36 mill guaranteed and 60 mill total.

[quote name='BigAT']Hello there.

From what I've heard neither Favre nor Vick is currently in the game as available free agents.[/QUOTE]

I've played the retail version at my local Gamestop the last two days (check yours the disc should be in the PS3 demo system) and can confirm Favre and Vick are not in the free agent pool. Lots of the recent signings are not reflected yet.

xbl mikejonesgr10 im still in with the raiders! Getting mine from game stop at midnight and have been playing the 5 minute demo for weeks now. I like the non mandatory game nights but a good time to play. Those are eastern times I am assuming? Does it have a floating schedule where you can play any game any time or do you have to play them in order? For instance I could play my week 10 opponet now because we are both on and ready to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JDMxB']If you don't mind driving to Long Beach...

PM me if you are really interested.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... 20 minute drive... naaah. I'll just patiently wait for my copy from Amazon (with the super free shipping). =x

[quote name='mikejonesgr'] Does it have a floating schedule where you can play any game any time or do you have to play them in order? For instance I could play my week 10 opponet now because we are both on and ready to play.[/QUOTE]

We will be playing a normal schedule; not flex.

[quote name='seen']We will be playing a normal schedule; not flex.[/QUOTE]
Is there a flex schedule though? I'm starting to think that might be preferable and may make the season go faster. The rate that we will be going (1 game per week), we'll finish a little before the real NFL season ends... which doesn't sound so fun, does it? =/

An idea:

I think everyone should get a max of 10 days(maybe less ?) to complete a week. If the game is not completed, the team that did not show up for the scheduled game automatically gets a loss because the commish will have the ability to sim games and the offending team will receieve a warning. After the 2nd warning they are kicked out from the league (or maybe at the 3rd warning?).

This will encourage people to get games done on time and in 10 days there shouldn't be any excuse unless your Xbox dies or your on vacation.

Meh. 10 days just for a week? Once again, in reality we'd be finishing ONE season right when the real NFL season ends. I don't know about you, but the real fun in franchise mode is during the offseason with all the player movement. We should do two games a week and sim the unfinished games every 3-4 days. That way we can at least get 2-3 seasons within the real NFL season.

Still need to establish free agency rules. I'm just looking at random leagues on OS to get a gist of how people are establishing their league rules. =p

bread's done
Back