Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='Azumangaman']Good game vs. Ramstoria. I hope you didn't think I was intentionally running up the score or anything. I've just always hated kneeling, and didn't really intend for those runs to go all the way.
61-35 final.

Looking forward to the big game next week Matt![/QUOTE]

It might just be the exact opposite of how things were in Madden 09. I suck at this game.

What a shithead I am. Just lost a close game with gamcreator 10-13, but really killed myself when I didn't call fair catch quick enough and got smeared and let the Ravens take it in for a touchdown and instead of going into OT I through a pick at the end of the game and gave up the field goal for the win.

On the plus side it seems I do better with Derek Anderson than Brady Quinn and I didn't allow any offensive touchdowns. Hopefully, I can start turning things around in the upcoming weeks.

[quote name='Azumangaman']bfauble, why did you quit your game vs ItlnStln?[/QUOTE]

I didn't, it said he quit...then I had the choice of continuing vs CPU or quitting so i quit.

Dolphins 7
Chargers 17

Dolphins came out strong. Chargers come out in the end. I suck at these postgame reports. Not sure what happened on that last TD I had, ajh. You switched players and just stood there in place. =p

[quote name='shinryuu']Dolphins 7
Chargers 17

Dolphins came out strong. Chargers come out in the end. I suck at these postgame reports. Not sure what happened on that last TD I had, ajh. You switched players and just stood there in place. =p[/QUOTE]

I switched guys to try and swat the ball and he just stood there I dont know if I hit the "Y" button too fast to register or what. After Gates caught it I knew I was not going to catch him and that guy was the only one who had a chance.

Lots of games need to be played today!

Falcons vs. Patriots (don't think it'll be played after a big fight)
Packers vs. Rams (believe I read that its getting played today)
Jaguars vs. Texans (don't think anything has been posted here)
Redskins vs. Lions (connection issues)
Broncos vs. Raiders (Broncos owner has been trying, not sure if Raiders owner has responded)
Colts vs. Cardinals (haven't heard anything)

BETTER PLAY YOUR GAMES!

[quote name='Azumangaman']Lots of games need to be played today!

Falcons vs. Patriots (don't think it'll be played after a big fight)
Packers vs. Rams (believe I read that its getting played today)
Jaguars vs. Texans (don't think anything has been posted here)
Redskins vs. Lions (connection issues)
Broncos vs. Raiders (Broncos owner has been trying, not sure if Raiders owner has responded)
Colts vs. Cardinals (haven't heard anything)

BETTER PLAY YOUR GAMES![/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're playing around 8 Eastern time.

[quote name='kinga']Jags guy where are you?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='moonknight25']I just wanted to let you guys know that i'm going on vacation starting sunday morning so sat night is the last time I can get online till next friday. I've tried to contact houston 4 times btw, so i hope we can play our week three game before sunday, or it will have to be simmed.[/QUOTE]

There you have it.

I think the "..." was because Matt Young showed that Jaguars guy is clearly 100% not available and Houston owner wants to play with him today.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I think the "..." was because Matt Young showed that Jaguars guy is clearly 100% not available and Houston owner wants to play with him today.[/QUOTE]

Winner.

Now I am 100 percent not available AT&T acting up never mind I guess drop me out of the league like I posted a week ago since I never seem to get anyone and then my XBOXLIVE acts up.

I suppose I can do that.
I just have to figure out who was in line after ivan...
oh right, sstyler24...

seen, could you do me a favour and invite him via PM as the Houston Texans?
I'm out for the rest of the evening, so I'd appreciate it.

O now I see Jags guy on vacation I should have at%t fools fix my dsl issues on Tuesday I guess sim it is.

Raiders owner has been responding to xbox live messages to play the Broncos. We were supposed to play at 7 on Sunday, we were both there but I am pretty sure he keeps losing connection, might be EA but it says that I can continue to play the game against the computer???? We have tried 7 times now.

^And the Raiders owner is on track to be booted; drop the FA's! If you actually read what Azu was saying, you'd already know you must wait till after week 4 at which time he will announce the process of signing FA's.

connection issues....but i am trying to set up another time to try again....may have to sim this one but hopefully we can get it done by the deadline

Had our game dropped about 10 times. I guess just sim it? I don't know if he has this problem a lot or what? He was a nice guy about it but you gotta have your gear together to play in a league. I spent an hour trying to make it work.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh ok. He said the same thing, so I guess it was a connection issue....
The 2 of you should try to play again if you can![/QUOTE]

Go ahead and drop me, I really can't hang with most of you guys anyway (was down 35 pts to lions when connection was lost)...plus its hard for me to find times to play because my xbox is hooked up to the living room tv. Sorry.

Unfortunately the Broncos v. Raiders game will have to be simmed.

We tried a number of times but to no avail. The connection issue was definitely on my end (I had to find an unsecure wireless connection on the laptop and use it to connect to xboxlive)...I moved yesterday and currently do not have a reliable connection to the internet, but I had been successfully completing games online yesterday and today up until our game so i thought all was well.

This has certainly not been a recurring issue with me at all and I don't appreciate the comment made about having gear together when I had been trying all week (before I moved when i had a secure/reliable connection) to get our game done because I knew there was potential for an issue and its clear that he doesn't check this message board at all.

I have service scheduled to get an actual connection in my apartment during the week but if whomever is my opponent would like to give it a shot, I will be attempting to be on around 6

Yeah, count me as vouching for MSUHitman as well. He's a good guy and a reliable player.

I, on the other hand, am a terrible player. Well, at least I was on this evening. I accidentally lateraled/fumbled on the opening kickoff which gave the Rams a touchdown, and then I was hit sticked and fumbled later in the quarter. I went down 17-0 after 1, and lyric drained the life out of the clock while I could get nothing going on my brief offensive endeavors.

Rams 24, Packers 0

Good game chop suey.
34-31 azi vs colts

THought I was actually going to win a game! Until my fat fingers slipped and threw to the wrong guy on a game winning drive. And I'm kicking myself in the ass for not accepting that holding call on your first field goal. Though, I would feel like shit winning on a glitch. Good game all around probably my best yet. who knows, maybe in 3 seasons I'll have a winning record!

Yeah, Matt got behind early because of the two special teams miscues. Steven Jackson was productive for me, and I was able to keep the clock moving for most of the game. No doubt in my mind that it would have been a lot different without those two special teams TDs.

Also, I've never played in an online league, so I don't really know the etiquette regarding eating the clock. I know guys have said, "Play like a real coach," so that's what I did. But if I did anything offensive, Matt, I apologize.

I typically eat the clock when I'm at an advantage so it's all cool. I know it annoys some people, but hey it's a legit strategy.

Eating the clock for 3 quarters must have been a hella boring game. I can understand taking it easy at the end of the game but for 3 quarters, that just too much. Again not wrong but boring.

[quote name='homeland']Good game chop suey.
34-31 azi vs colts

THought I was actually going to win a game! Until my fat fingers slipped and threw to the wrong guy on a game winning drive. And I'm kicking myself in the ass for not accepting that holding call on your first field goal. Though, I would feel like shit winning on a glitch. Good game all around probably my best yet. who knows, maybe in 3 seasons I'll have a winning record![/QUOTE]

haha that game was crazy. i think best madden game in 2010 for me if not all time. yea that throw surprised me no wonder.. haha u kept doing that one route with ur rb so i had to manually cover him not fun...but hey thanks for declining that hold but its all good honestly neil rackers leg is a beast in the game and he probably could have made it. but in the end that game wasssss crazyy man i wished there was a way to record or show everybody yall would have been like WOW, but hey im surprised ur 0-3 you have been one of my better opponents..wouldnt want to imagine who you've played. GREAT GAME and im onto my bye week for a break whew.

YES, I'm going to make that an official rule now in the OP.
DO NOT ACCEPT HOLDING CALLS ON FIELD GOALS!

So now bfauble is out, so there is an extra spot. I'll give priority to sstyler since I know he's legit from last year but MSUHitman can have the next opening. I'm heading off to advance the week now.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']We should just have a rule to decline all holding penalties on field goals until there is a fix out for it...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Azumangaman']YES, I'm going to make that an official rule now in the OP.
DO NOT ACCEPT HOLDING CALLS ON FIELD GOALS!

So now bfauble is out, so there is an extra spot. I'll give priority to sstyler since I know he's legit from last year but MSUHitman can have the next opening. I'm heading off to advance the week now.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? I dont agree with that rule at all. There has to be a happy medium thats more fair than that.

Do I agree that there are too many holding calls on FG? Yes, but it happens to both teams seemingly at random. Also, holding calls to appear on FG attempts in real life as well.

I would be for not accepting multiple holding calls on FG (I have had it happen 3 times in a row on a extra point) but to say do no accept any is kinda bullshit. I have scored the most points in the entire league (only bringing that up to say this) so I have kicked the most extra points and the most FG in general and I have had two holding calls and you know what happened after my opponent accepted them? I kicked and made another FG. (one being a game winner)

The reason why I disagree with this rule is you are grossly taking out two main parts of football. Number one, it bails out the offense that has all the tools to simply get closer. If you are kicking from the 20 a 10 yard difference shouldnt do anything.

If you guys are worried about holding calls you should make sure you are close enough so getting one wont be a big deal.

Number two. If we were doing a draft you know who I would get in the 6 round? Rob Bironas. Why? Beacuse he can kick from 55 yards away. That rule basically makes all kickers the same. If you are worried about not making a long FG get a better kicker.

FG in madden have been embarrassingly easy for ten years. People have always been able to knock in 50 plus yard FG like nothing and I personal like the fact that you know have to think about where you are on the field before kicking a FG. Yes, I know that its slightly strange to have a holding call on a FG but I honestly have not seen that many and most of the time I just knocked in another one because I am never so far away that the 10 yards makes it impossible to hit.

That rules seems like a cop out to me because I dont understand why you simply cant kick another FG. Its not like you should miss it anyway....madden FG are embarrassingly easy to make and have been for forever the only real factor is the power of a kicker which like I said, if you cant make a 50 yard kick, get a better kicker or get closer like a team would do in real life.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh ok. He said the same thing, so I guess it was a connection issue....
The 2 of you should try to play again if you can![/QUOTE]

I was winning 31-0 at the time of the supposed "quit"!!! There were no lags during this beating to show a bad connection. If we replay, we will play 1 half and I will be up 31-0. Azu, you will manually have to enter the win/loss.

I haven't kicked a ton of non-extra point FGs, but I've only come across one instance of holding being called on a regular FG. It seems the glitch is definitely more for extra points so I have to agree with Soodmeg.

(I had a game-winning FG with time expiring called back and sent into OT because of a lame holding call, but it was the only time it's happened to me.)

Ok so I removed the rule to put it up for discussion.
So if you feel the need to have your opinion heard on accepting field goal holding penalties, go!

Also Matt Young, when can you play?

Yeah but I PM'ed somebody to fill his place. He's technically the first quitter, because the other 2 left to a bad connection and RROD. Those 2 are welcome to come back once a spot opens and their problems are fixed.

bread's done
Back