Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

I'm more for starting sooner than later, and the commish can make the necessary changes later on (Brett Favre, T.O. if hes not there, and whatnot).

Also: Has anyone ever done release date delivery on Amazon and gotten it a day early?

[quote name='gbpackers94']Also: Has anyone ever done release date delivery on Amazon and gotten it a day early?[/QUOTE]

Nope. That's the only problem with release day delivery, they never seem to ship it early.

Oh well. I said my .02 cents. Just wanna have some time to practice with the Bears and some general fun with the game is all. I'm not that good at the game to begin with so the extra time would help. But I'm not gonna complain if we start on the weekend.

(also would like to point out that its just that this week and last week, has been especially busy for me. anytime next week would be fine for me).
[quote name='gbpackers94']

Also: Has anyone ever done release date delivery on Amazon and gotten it a day early?[/QUOTE]
Never happened for me. I usually don't even get an email saying that the game is shipped till about 5pm, let alone getting it a day early.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'm more for starting sooner than later, and the commish can make the necessary changes later on (Brett Favre, T.O. if hes not there, and whatnot).

Also: Has anyone ever done release date delivery on Amazon and gotten it a day early?[/QUOTE]

I've done release day on gamestop.com once and got it a day early

[quote name='gbpackers94']I should be getting it on Tuesday after noon. I'd be happy to play a few. GT:gbpackers994[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll add you when the game shows up from Amazon tomorrow.

Also, I would prefer that we start the league sooner rather than later.

I'll have it tomorrow morning, I'll be dragging my ass to Gamestop as soon as I wake up.

Add me and you can get some easy wins, 'cause I haven't played a Madden game in years.

I'll be personifying my Bucs to the "tee". ;)

I expect it will be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow, since it's already shipped and is en route. I'll be around tomorrow night for anyone who wants to scrimmage (XBL: bvharris888). I definitely need some practice as the Chargers, since I've never used them before.

I just want to let you guys know......get used to see Chris Johnson's back. I rushed for like 2500 last year and its seems like its even easier to bust a huge run with virtually any running back.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I just want to let you guys know......get used to see Chris Johnson's back. I rushed for like 2500 last year and its seems like its even easier to bust a huge run with virtually any running back.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

[quote name='Soodmeg']I just want to let you guys know......get used to see Chris Johnson's back. I rushed for like 2500 last year and its seems like its even easier to bust a huge run with virtually any running back.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget who had the most explosive rushing attack, although Frank Gore is a Different Back than DeAngelo Williams,....lol

Alright well the reviews are looking pretty solid so far so I went ahead and bought it from Amazon with release date shipping, so the Panthers are good to go.

No love for the Madden 07 champ in the OP, what's up with that? ;)

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Don't forget who had the most explosive rushing attack, although Frank Gore is a Different Back than DeAngelo Williams,....lol[/QUOTE]Gore is a beast. You won't be disappointed with him.

Anyone order from Amazon with release date delivery and still not have their item shipped? My order page has said "Shipping Soon" since like 11AM.

[quote name='BigAT']Mine shipped earlier today from Amazon, should have it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Sadly, I have work til late. So if anyone wants to scrim it'll probably be after 10pm est or Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, my copy of Madden was received by the carrier in Indianapolis at 11:45 A.M. and is in transit as of 8:09 P.M. tonight, AKA the future, which means they must be going by Eastern time.

gbpackers94, I just deleted someone and sent you a friend request. I have some excess people I added for Blur who I've yet to play with. Need to delete some of them and add some more of you.

Mine says it'll be here on the 11th (supposed to be release day delivery) and to make matters worse they shipped it USPS which means I have to go pick it up.

Ugh.

my copy from walmart.com is in transit from Indianapolis via fedex atm, will be at my house tomorrow

hopefully it comes early so I can get a game or two in before work (I work 2nd shift)

I got the game, ready for the league to start whenever... Got the third highest rated team on the game so i'm feelin pretty good... Ravens!!!

Well since there's no general thread for Madden, I'll post my Wal-Mart tournament experience here.

I went to the same store as last year, 16 players this year, an increase of 6 players. I was the second person there, with the first being last year's champ. The lady running electronics then wants to setup the tournament with the order in which people show up and I put up a slight protest as I don't want to face last year's champ, who took me out but I gave him his toughest game, in round 1.

She obliges and over the next 30 minutes we get up to 16, perfect bracket size. Of the 16 there, there were probably 6 hardcore Madden players, 6 mid-range Madden players (this is the group I associate myself as) and 4 players who obviously don't play much (including someone who only play on the Wii.)

When we get there, myself and the defending champ see that they have 1 360 system and 1 PS3 system. I bring up again that it should probably both use the same systems, especially with the strategy pad controls, the PS3 players would have a bit of an advantage. Also it would be annoying to switch systems throughout the tourney.

I suggest waiting until the players are there to vote on which system, but the lady in charge just unboxes another 360 Arcade. They had to unbox new systems because an employee stole the systems they used last year from the back of the store.

This caused some disappointment among the players as among the 16 there, only 3-4 said they wanted 360 over PS3, myself, and the 3 players who ended up in the top 3.

The first 2 games are played on Pro difficulty, but the rest of the players have a gentleman's agreement to turn it up to All-Madden for the later games. Once the first 2 games in Round 1 start something really surprises me. You'd think there's never been a football game with a 3-click meter system because in the first 2 games, there are 3 kickoffs sent out of bounds and 2 XP's are missed, and this is on Pro, not All-Madden.

Lots of people hating the new kicking system, the strategy pad system, and the gameflow system. Both system have Gameflow turned off by midway through the tourney. Wii guy gets obiterated by the eventual champ 63-14.

Not trusting how well I could do with the Bears given their ratings drops from last year and being very familiar with the Colts from the demo, I use the Colts. I get matched up with another mid-level player using the Jets that plays Madden more seriously than me, and I wish I had drawn some of the weaker players that were around in round 1.

It's a back-and-forth game until late in the 3rd quarter I throw a pick-6 while in the red zone and I'm down 21 points going into the 4th quarter. I then proceed to score 21 unanswered points, including the tying touchdown with about 20 seconds left, and kick the PAT for the tie.

He gets the ball first in OT (and it does have the new OT rules) and I hold him on the first two plays to force a 3rd and 5. Given my troubles stopping him during the game, I decide to take a chance and call a dual DB Zone Blitz play (forgot the exact name but both DB's and the DE's blitz, the OLB's go out to the sidelines, and the DT's drop back to the LB's original position.) The backside DB hits Sanchez as he throws and my DT picks the ball out of the air for the INT and I have the ball at the Jets 23. 2 plays later I score the TD to win it.

Round 2 I play the eventual second-place player (and roommate of the champ) who is a Packer fan. We go back-and-forth until the 4th quarter, but 2 late INT's by me lead to a 14 point loss.

Things I discovered in my 2 games and watching other games with live humans that probably need to be looked at by EA:

In my 2 games I had over 360 yards receiving with Dallas Clark. Any good TE is going to be a beast in this game unless you have a LB corps like the Ravens because most LB's cannot cover the elite TE's.

Related to the last point, but deep slant and deep in routes on this game are crazy easy to exploit. If you have a good TE or slot receiver, you're going to gets crazy amounts of yardage over the middle of the field.

HB receiving routes in the flat can be exploited still. The guy who beat me played someone using the Bears in the semi-final and had 200 yards receiving with Ryan Grant. I'm not sure if the Bears player just wasn't calling the right D's, but it looks like that is exploitable unless you manually cover the flats.

The Vikings are going to be the team to use online unless Favre retires. AP is a beast in this game unless you hit stick him to cause a fumble he's just going to run over 1-2 defenders on every run. The guy who won it was the only one using the Vikings and in 4 games he never fumbled with AP once. Also he got such big leads that everyone, except the Wii guy, just surrendered when they got down by 21 or 28, including last year's champ. Plus the Vikings have weapons in the receiving corp and Favre can still be pretty accurate with his throws.

If you can stop people on D, the Colts are really good with Peyton Manning lighting teams up with his laser pinpoint accuracy.

1st place was a free copy of the game, 2nd place a $25 gift card, and 3rd place a $15 gift card. The guy who lost in the first semi-final to the eventual champ left in disgust after quitting when down by 28 and lost out on his chance to play for 3rd place.

Wal-Mart ended up selling the Arcade systems used in the tournament for 25% off (remember they were just opened today) so I bought one as a Christmas present for my first cousin who only has a Wii and laments there's no "cool" games on it.

I don't remember the exact team breakdown, but it was something like this:

1 Bears (3rd place)
1 Lions
1 Packers (2nd place)
1 Vikings (1st place)
1 Jets
1 Raiders
1 Cowboys
1 Saints
1 Ravens/Colts (played first 2 games with Ravens, switched to Colts after watching me and a preteen kid wearing a Manning jersey dominating with Dallas Clark and couldn't repeat our success.)
3 Colts
3 Ravens
1 I can't remember

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a lot of nfc north love, I like that. Do you think that the Vikings guy dominated because of the team being that much better or he was just really good?

[quote name='ubernes']I think I played my last game of the demo. Gimmie the real thing![/QUOTE]

I think I'm just now about to play the demo for the first time... LOL.

He was really good and really cocky. He would fit right in on the Madden game bus with his jawing (does ESPN still do that show?) I think the Vikings are probably the best overall team as they don't really have any weaknesses, except maybe at LB, but even they aren't that bad.

You just have to hope you can exploit AP's HORRIBLE carry rating and make him put the ball on the turf, then hold the Vikings passing game in check.

Just purchased mine via the BUY.COM deal. I always get my stuff next day from there OHIO distribution center -hopefully it arrives tomorrow. Worst case scenario is guaranteed by weeks end.

nope - ordered one and forgot to select budget shipping - canceled and re-order with no issues. DO NOT FORGET TO SELECT BUDGET(FREE) SHIPPING or you get charged $6+ for shipping.

Got mine @ the midnight opening. I'm pretty excited for the season to start but, it would really be perfect if you could record and upload replays from games to the franchise so everyone can see highlights from games. I know there will be some big runs this year ...

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Got mine @ the midnight opening. I'm pretty excited for the season to start but, it would really be perfect if you could record and upload replays from games to the franchise so everyone can see highlights from games. I know there will be some big runs this year ...[/QUOTE]

Mostly against me... haha

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Got mine @ the midnight opening. I'm pretty excited for the season to start but, it would really be perfect if you could record and upload replays from games to the franchise so everyone can see highlights from games. I know there will be some big runs this year ...[/QUOTE]

Did they take that feature out? I don't know about posting them to 'the franchise', but you can definitely upload plays from the game and post them here.

I would be interested in doing joining. I would like the Chargers. I'll settle for an alternate spot for now(whatever team).

[quote name='js1']I would be interested in doing joining. I would like the Chargers. I'll settle for an alternate spot for now(whatever team).[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm in it for the long haul with the Chargers unless one of my preferred teams opens up in Season 2.

I am only putting this here because there is no madden general thread I now this has nothing to do with us what so ever. Operation Sports has got to be one of the worst forums of all time...they are the new gamefaqs.

I went over there just to see what peoples impressions about the defense were and I have never seen a site that had so many members over 5+ years banned. Any thread you go into..if its not locked for whatever reason has 3 or 4 banned people in it (which means they were recently banned). There are like 5 stickies with rules about posting for madden and there was one thread that said in order to give your impression you had to take a picture and get it approved by a mod. Wow...taken it pathetically too serious. Any thread that is even remotely not praising madden to the high heaves gets locked and the poster gets banned.

Anyway, I keep hearing really bad things about the defense in this game. Most people are saying you are just along for the ride because you cant trust anything the game does regardless of players. Ray Lewis doesnt impact the middle of the field, Peppers doesnt dominate the line, no fear in throwing to Revis side. No difference in playing the Steelers 3-4 vs the Titans 4-3 and you dont have to bat a eye wondering where the extra blitzer is coming in the Eagles 3-4 scheme.

Christ EA...fuck your offensive gimmicks....we havent had a update for the defense in 7 years other than the over powered virtually broken hit stick. I have to form my own opinion when I get the game but I have no reason to doubt the defense is as crappy as always.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am only putting this here because there is no madden general thread I now this has nothing to do with us what so ever. Operation Sports has got to be one of the worst forums of all time...they are the new gamefaqs.

I went over there just to see what peoples impressions about the defense were and I have never seen a site that had so many members over 5+ years banned. Any thread you go into..if its not locked for whatever reason has 3 or 4 banned people in it (which means they were recently banned). There are like 5 stickies with rules about posting for madden and there was one thread that said in order to give your impression you had to take a picture and get it approved by a mod. Wow...taken it pathetically too serious. Any thread that is even remotely not praising madden to the high heaves gets locked and the poster gets banned.

Anyway, I keep hearing really bad things about the defense in this game. Most people are saying you are just along for the ride because you cant trust anything the game does regardless of players. Ray Lewis doesnt impact the middle of the field, Peppers doesnt dominate the line, no fear in throwing to Revis side. No difference in playing the Steelers 3-4 vs the Titans 4-3 and you dont have to bat a eye wondering where the extra blitzer is coming in the Eagles 3-4 scheme.

Christ EA...fuck your offensive gimmicks....we havent had a update for the defense in 7 years other than the over powered virtually broken hit stick. I have to form my own opinion when I get the game but I have no reason to doubt the defense is as crappy as always.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, in the demo (as the Jets) it didn't seem to matter what defensive plays I called, Peanuthead Manning threw wherever he wanted whenever he wanted. In past games (NCAA included) I was pretty good at shutting down a passing offense. In the demo I can't even seem to slow them down, so I just started calling all GameFlow defensive plays. I understand that the demo was a "work in progress" so I will wait til I pick up my game from Gamestop later today to really delve into criticizing the defense, but to an extent I agree with Soodmeg, the defense really needs updating.

What is the website this year to control your online franchise from your computer? I keep going to the online franchise button on the website and it still says madden 2010

[quote name='HydroX']FWIW, in the demo (as the Jets) it didn't seem to matter what defensive plays I called, Peanuthead Manning threw wherever he wanted whenever he wanted. In past games (NCAA included) I was pretty good at shutting down a passing offense. In the demo I can't even seem to slow them down, so I just started calling all GameFlow defensive plays. I understand that the demo was a "work in progress" so I will wait til I pick up my game from Gamestop later today to really delve into criticizing the defense, but to an extent I agree with Soodmeg, the defense really needs updating.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the only time I was able to stop the pass in the demo was when I was able to sack the qb(rare) or the QB would make a bad pass. But playing the demo against my 9yr old son, he was the colts and all he did was throw the ball to Reggie Wayne and I could not do much to stop him.

bread's done
Back