Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='410deezy']Well that's y'all... my defense is bullshit and I like to play to win...I regret not going for it on the 4th and 3s and 4th and shorts in my last 1st and last game[/QUOTE]

Then maybe you don't belong in this league, and I'd wager a guess that I'm not the only one who would be happy to see you go.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Then maybe you don't belong in this league, and I'd wager a guess that I'm not the only one who would be happy to see you go.[/QUOTE]

Id wager a bet that I really don't give a fuck because its just a fuccin game...id also wager a bet that u have a p*ssy under your skirt lmao....MAN UP

To be honest, I completely agree with pitfallharry.

I am all about having all the teams filled by actual players, and I am all for competitive play, nor am I one to fuel any potential drama, but...

There seems to be some people here that really are not in line with how the majority of people here wish to see the game played.

I came here to play in this league because Darth recommended it to me and told me that it was full of guy's who play the game how I myself wish to see it played, and 95% of my experience thus far has been great.

Yet there are a few who are just going to be problems down the road if their not dealt with sooner rather than later. I deal with f**cking idiots all day at work, I rather not deal with any more in my free time than need be.

I obviously am not the only one who has noticed some of these things.

[quote name='410deezy']Id wager a bet that I really don't give a fuck because its just a fuccin game...id also wager a bet that u have a p*ssy under your skirt lmao....MAN UP[/QUOTE]
Can I wager a bet? You failed English class.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Then maybe you don't belong in this league, and I'd wager a guess that I'm not the only one who would be happy to see you go.[/QUOTE]

agree

[quote name='Doomtime']Can I wager a bet? You failed English class.[/QUOTE]

How much u wanna bet...I'm on CAG from my phone and this is how I text...and I dnt care if u dnt understand ....u feel me lol

Wow, I didn't mean to start this. I was a little ticked he did that, but it was only once, I've moved on. In general though, I'm firmly in the camp that we should be trying to approximate real football as much as possible.

And deezy, grow up. You need to learn how to communicate with people without insulting them. If I were the commish, you'd be very close to getting yourself booted from this league.

[quote name='410deezy']How much u wanna bet...I'm on CAG from my phone and this is how I text...and I dnt care if u dnt understand ....u feel me lol[/QUOTE]
No, I don't want to feel you.

Deezy, I think we're going to have to move on without you. You seem like a more than capable Madden player but there seems to be some huge philosophical differences between you and the rest of the league on how the game should be played. Some people prefer to play how you play, but this isn't and never was a league for that.

How we play now is how CAG leagues have been run for years, so there's no reason for you to expect to come in here and think that's all going to change because that's how you prefer to play the game. Sorry, that this didn't turn into what you expected when you signed up.

At least I play by the rules and use proper spelling when I insult people. :p

I do agree with OCD's point about the kicking game, though. Even though my opinion is based on 1 online game, it seems to be a common problem. There's nothing we can do about it, though.

Ubernes, regarding injuries- I didn't have anyone get seriously injured, but is it even possible to adjust the injury slider for online franchise? I'm sure many have noticed that- online or off- injuries occur a little too frequently in this game.

[quote name='Matt Young']
Ubernes, regarding injuries- I didn't have anyone get seriously injured, but is it even possible to adjust the injury slider for online franchise? I'm sure many have noticed that- online or off- injuries occur a little too frequently in this game.[/QUOTE]

I wish. It's either on or off sadly. And I don't think we'd like to turn them off. Though I do miss Keller and Pace haha.

RE: kicking. I haven't had any problems with it as of late but I also think there's a bit of a learning curve with the lag. Nothing is super precise, but you should be able to hit extra points no problem.

[quote name='ubernes']
RE: kicking. I haven't had any problems with it as of late but I also think there's a bit of a learning curve with the lag. Nothing is super precise, but you should be able to hit extra points no problem.[/QUOTE]

90% of the time I'm able to compensate for the kicking (albeit with a little accuracy loss, I'd be iffy attempting anything over 40 yds), but my first punt in my last game (vs. the Pats), the entire game pretty much locked up as I started the punt meter, then went super choppy for a few seconds. Had like a 7 yard punt. It was pretty brutal...usually it's just the half-second input lag we've all started to (attempt to) compensate for.

[quote name='ubernes']Deezy, I think we're going to have to move on without you. You seem like a more than capable Madden player but there seems to be some huge philosophical differences between you and the rest of the league on how the game should be played. Some people prefer to play how you play, but this isn't and never was a league for that.

How we play now is how CAG leagues have been run for years, so there's no reason for you to expect to come in here and think that's all going to change because that's how you prefer to play the game. Sorry, that this didn't turn into what you expected when you signed up.[/QUOTE]

I see what your saying but if u check my stats you'll see that I went for it on 4th down once in my first none in my second and once in my third game....and also I would be a b*tch if I held my tounge for any of these $$$s

[quote name='ubernes']I wish. It's either on or off sadly. And I don't think we'd like to turn them off. Though I do miss Keller and Pace haha.

RE: kicking. I haven't had any problems with it as of late but I also think there's a bit of a learning curve with the lag. Nothing is super precise, but you should be able to hit extra points no problem.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. No, I wouldn't want them turned off, either. Hope the patch comes soon.

I didn't get to try any extra points; just a field goal. BVharris did say the lag varies from game to game. I should have gone for it on 4th down from the 3 yard line, anyway, rather than attempting a kick.

[quote name='Lexxon']90% of the time I'm able to compensate for the kicking (albeit with a little accuracy loss, I'd be iffy attempting anything over 40 yds), but my first punt in my last game (vs. the Pats), the entire game pretty much locked up as I started the punt meter, then went super choppy for a few seconds. Had like a 7 yard punt. It was pretty brutal...usually it's just the half-second input lag we've all started to (attempt to) compensate for.[/QUOTE]

I always try to lean towards the side I'm not kicking to. So if I'm trying to pin the ball on the left side of the field I'll hit the 2nd marker earlier so if I do hit lag it'll be dead on or shank it into the field of play to the middle.

[quote name='410deezy']I see what your saying but if u check my stats you'll see that I went for it on 4th down once in my first none in my second and once in my third game....and also I would be a b*tch if I held my tounge for any of these $$$s[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I feel like you've played by the rules in place for the most part, but you also seem to hate them. Besides being a little more vulgar than needed, you've been fine but it's still obvious that the league isn't a great fit for you.

edit: I mean, I'm going through your team now and adding and dropping players because you dipped into the free agent pool this morning.

Still nothing from jbrun85. I have been able to play all day yesterday and today. I hope he gets back to me

Scotts is back in the league btw.

The Browns still haven't joined.

But 6 games have been played so far. Not bad. I know people have been good with updating about scheduled times, but let me know (like Zurezo just did above) if you haven't had any luck reaching out to your opponent or if you don't have a scheduled time setup yet.

[quote name='ubernes']Yeah, I know. I feel like you've played by the rules in place for the most part, but you also seem to hate them. Besides being a little more vulgar than needed, you've been fine but it's still obvious that the league isn't a great fit for you.

edit: I mean, I'm going through your team now and adding and dropping players because you dipped into the free agent pool this morning.[/QUOTE]

Don't make that a excuse for kicking me .... u could have just said that I'm to real for this league

Deuce, if the Browns don't show up by tomorrow morning/early afternoon I'm going to see if DeskLaser wants to take them over and then you guys can get your game in hopefully tomorrow.

" Don't make that a excuse for kicking me .... u could have just said that I'm to real for this league "

I am literally sitting here trying to figure it out..

Are you attempting like... some boondocks-esque satirical take on ignorant gangster culture? Or are you really, truly like this..?

Either way it's annoying.

Personally I blame the public school system. lol

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']" Don't make that a excuse for kicking me .... u could have just said that I'm to real for this league "

I am literally sitting here trying to figure it out..

Are you attempting like... some boondocks-esque satirical take on ignorant gangster culture? Or are you really, truly like this..?

Either way it's annoying.

Personally I blame the public school system. lol[/QUOTE]

Naw dug I'm just bein me..like I said before I won't hold my tounge for any of u...don't blame the school system blame the F*gs in this league and that includes u ...and are you atempting like.....some seth rogan/ will ferrell esque or are you really , truly like this lmaooo

[quote name='theredworm']I sent a message to Miami owner looking forward to week 4.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I should talk to the Bills then. Knock out the AFC East within like 2 hours of advancing again haha.

:whistle2:?

O..........k..........

Anyways, hey Eagles owner whenever you want to play following tuesday deadline for our week 4 match up, let me know. Like the pace we're starting to build here.

I'm not 100% sure but I think scotts and I are playing tomorrow evening sometime.

Edit: playing our game at midnight tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']:whistle2:?

O..........k..........

Anyways, hey Eagles owner whenever you want to play following tuesday deadline for our week 4 match up, let me know. Like the pace we're starting to build here.[/QUOTE]

I can play Tuesday night...

BTW, Eagles/Jags playing at 8:00 PM EST tonight.

REAL NFL BUZZ: REVIS TO SIGN DEAL ON WEDNESDAY!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

(I knew this had to happen eventually, hopefully before preseason ended but I'm still really excited...in case you couldn't tell)

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I can play Tuesday night...

BTW, Eagles/Jags playing at 8:00 PM EST tonight.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I will PM you for details.

[quote name='HydroX']"if you knew it was allowed"? LOL. Really?

It's called respect. This league is for the fun of the game, not a douchebag pound-your-fucking-face-in Madden tournament.[/QUOTE]

i've never played in a madden league before. i apologize

[quote name='sayHey']i've never played in a madden league before. i apologize[/QUOTE]

I don't think that was in direct reference to you.

[quote name='sayHey']i've never played in a madden league before. i apologize[/QUOTE]

Deezy. Take Note. This is the proper way to handle a situation. Kudos to sayHey!

neworlbush25/neworlbush25/Jags owner.. Going to school so pretty much a completely flexible schedule.. weekdays 2pm-2am, weekends just make an appointment and I can try to be available

[quote name='ubernes']I don't think that was in direct reference to you.[/QUOTE]

it was a reference on me not knowing that i should knee the ball

[quote name='sayHey']it was a reference on me not knowing that i should knee the ball[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think anyone should get too upset over kneeling it vs running a RB dive or something similar. Assuming you're not in the red zone trying to hurry it up to get one last score in or in shotgun throwing lasers, I'd personally rather see plays run then sit and watch knees being taken. And I don't think I'm the only one.

There's no hard rule that you need to take a knee and I don't think anyone's ever pushed for it. For the offensive/winning team it's in their best interest to take the knee though just because that takes the turnover out of the equation.

I guess time is important in all this. If there's a minute 30 left, seeing knees kill me. If it's the last 1-2 plays of the game with 40-50 seconds then yeah a knee is probably the right move.

This may be the most drama I've ever seen here on CAG. I have to say that it is thoroughly enjoyable to read. Anyway, since it looks like y'all are hemorrhaging players left and right, I'd like to be added to the wait list. I dont care what team as I'd just be GameFLOWing anyway (though I'd love the Bears, Ravens, or Texans).

My availability window is short, but concrete: 8:30pm~11pm pretty much any day. Also, I'd likely play without speaking on a head set as I have 3 kids under two and I dont think you want to hear them when they wail. Also, I'm just naturally not very chatty. Though I suppose I could have one handy for emergencies.
hostyl1/hostyl1 (cag/xbl)

Oh and dont worry that my status shows silver. I have over 2.5 years worth of codes in my possession. I just havent redeemed any as I've not had a game I wanted to play a lot online since my sub expired.

[quote name='siradam134']Deezy. Take Note. This is the proper way to handle a situation. Kudos to sayHey![/QUOTE]

The proper for me to handle a situation is for me to speak my mind...if u cum at me wit da bullshit I'm cum back at u ....fuck u if u dnt like it just don't cum at me and I won't say nuffin

bread's done
Back