Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Hey since most of us have been playing together for a while now, I'm just curious...how old are you guys? I've heard a fair amount of people mention their wives and even kids, so I feel like I might be one of the youngest here and I'm 22 which I feel is kind of old in the gaming world. I guess Madden caters to a more mature audience. I feel like the youngest person is probably a college student (Doom?) which surprises me. Anywayzz...just wondering...

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Hey since most of us have been playing together for a while now, I'm just curious...how old are you guys? I've heard a fair amount of people mention their wives and even kids, so I feel like I might be one of the youngest here and I'm 22 which I feel is kind of old in the gaming world. I guess Madden caters to a more mature audience. I feel like the youngest person is probably a college student (Doom?) which surprises me. Anywayzz...just wondering...[/QUOTE]

Im 24 yrs old, and I like long walks on the beach lol

I have PM'd Venom and I haven't yet gotten a response. Just a heads up so I don't end up taking a sim-loss. If we can get an alternate sub-scheduled or if I can get the go-ahead to play the cpu on tuesday evening that would be great.

Grandpa is checking in at 36...

Are the Cowboys alive? Cowboys (Cobra03Ash) does not exist.
Cowboys vs Lions - let me know when you would like to get our game in. I can do tonight or tomorrow at 6pmEST.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']^^
That works. I assume we should give him until tuesday to respond.[/QUOTE]

That works, I can play Tuesday evening if we don't hear from him. I haven't seem him check in in the other league either, so I'll probably end up simming that one.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Hey since most of us have been playing together for a while now, I'm just curious...how old are you guys? I've heard a fair amount of people mention their wives and even kids, so I feel like I might be one of the youngest here and I'm 22 which I feel is kind of old in the gaming world. I guess Madden caters to a more mature audience. I feel like the youngest person is probably a college student (Doom?) which surprises me. Anywayzz...just wondering...[/QUOTE]

26 years old.

[quote name='BigAT']I'm 26 as well. Who wants to get a Madden '96 league going?[/QUOTE]

Going back as recently as a few iterations back now I can't believe I used to play and enjoy those ugly things. Not that graphics are everything, but go back and look at Madden 08, which is just 3 releases ago and on next-gen consoles. It looks like a turd. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Going back as recently as a few iterations back now I can't believe I used to play and enjoy those ugly things. Not that graphics are everything, but go back and look at Madden 08, which is just 3 releases ago and on next-gen consoles. It looks like a turd. :D[/QUOTE]

I prefer to be blinded by nostalgia.

[quote name='BigAT']I'm 26 as well. Who wants to get a Madden '96 league going?[/QUOTE]

oh man I have that old school version on favre madden that takes me BACK

[quote name='theredworm']32 and I don't do walks on the beach

I do have 2 wives and a child
in fable 2
[/QUOTE]
Forgot about wives!

I have 6 wives (1 dead)

as far as that frank gore trade, i don't agree with it simply because both players detroit is giving up are young game changers and he's getting a overrated rb and a suspect corner in return. not a smart move by detroit. loading up an already stacked team just cuz u haven't figured out how to run with a fast rb? whatever happened to practicing?

just wanted to get that out, i know the trade already went thru. for future reference people, look at the teams you're trading with... why get stack a team that you already have trouble beating? that's as bad as trading your best players to a division rival

[quote name='silentghost227']Im going for the win...im 19[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA NO YOU LOSE I WIN.
Turned 18 on the 31st, which means I started the original Madden league for the 09 game when I was 15.
Game, set and match.

I'm 26 years old with, thankfully, no children and no wife yet. I've been engaged and I learned my lesson... well, the lesson about marriage; I still haven't gotten rid of my affinity for insane Mexican girls. I also kind of have a thing for MasterAwesome. I do love a man in uniform. ;)

Azu, 18? I knew you were young, but you seem to never age. You seriously are like the CAG version of Peter Pan.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Yea Matt ive been back online for about a week or so ?[/QUOTE]

I just didn't know since you were asking about your opponent. Just trying to finally finish that NBA 2K11 series. Just figured I'd comment in here since we haven't had much luck trying to message each other over the past couple weeks. Everyone else probably traded in the game already, heh.

I just found out I probably have to work late tonight, and Sprice and I were supposed to play at 6. If he's only available then I might need a sub since I'm not entirely sure when I might get out of here.

[quote name='BigAT']I don't want to tell someone how to run their team, but trading away a young, A-rated, 95 speed CB for ANYTHING is just :wall:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and when he's going to a team in your division that hasn't lost a divisional match since the league started.

I'll just go ahead and say that come Madden 12 we need to stop this fantasy league trading crap.

1. Have to be in the league for 1 full season before conducting a trade
2. 1 90+ player traded a season (1st rd pick also counts as 90+)
3. 1 80+ player traded a season (2nd rd pick also counts as a 80+)
4. 2 80+ = 1 90+

I'm just getting sick of facing dudes who are already better skill-wise and then go out of their way to stack teams and try to exploit the fact there are people in the league who just aren't as in to it or just don't know exactly what they're doing, or bring their buddies in for a couple of weeks and work out deals.
Like MOG, who already has +20 interceptions pming me on xbxl for DRC or Talib for freaking Dumervil. A 29year old, 90ovr, ROLB for a 27year old, 92ovr, shutdown CB? A better secondary is JUST what you need.
Sure in the real world that could be sort-of conceivable but, I REALLY don't think I even need to come close to having to explain why that's ridiculous. Just writing this makes me want to trade in madden. COME ON MANNN!!

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']
I'm just getting sick of facing dudes who are already better skill-wise and then go out of their way to stack teams and try to exploit the fact there are people in the league who just aren't as in to it or just don't know exactly what they're doing, or bring their buddies in for a couple of weeks and work out deals.
Like MOG, who already has +20 interceptions pming me on xbxl for DRC or Talib for freaking Dumervil. A 29year old, 90ovr, ROLB for a 27year old, 92ovr, shutdown CB? A better secondary is JUST what you need.
Sure in the real world that could be sort-of conceivable but, I REALLY don't think I even need to come close to having to explain why that's ridiculous. Just writing this makes me want to trade in madden. COME ON MANNN!![/QUOTE]

Totally agree about all these trading shenanigans. My heart breaks when I see people give away essential players to people who really don't need any more fucking allstars on their team.

And do you people realize how annoying it is to pack a 360 in a suitcase? I might just have to say fuck it, since its huge, heavy and fragile as fuck. Another guy on our floor brought a 360 with him, so I might be able to get games in that way, but I might have to drop again till March, fuck fuck fuck.
OR, I'll just grab a 360 when I get there, which probably makes sense since I'll be in the UK for the better half of the next 3 years...an interesting adventure lies ahead!

I actually don't agree, trading is fun. The good players are going to be good regardless of who is on their team. I have one of the most stacked rosters in the league probably and I still struggle to beat the elite players who have significantly worse teams on paper.

As long as we continue to review trades and only let through fair ones, I don't have an issue with it. I'd be fine with taking a longer look at what constitutes a "fair" trade, but I think these blockbusters are exciting and help to keep things fresh in a league where we're likely to end up playing 5 or 6 seasons before moving on to Madden 12.

[quote name='bvharris']I actually don't agree, trading is fun. The good players are going to be good regardless of who is on their team. I have one of the most stacked rosters in the league probably and I still struggle to beat the elite players who have significantly worse teams on paper.

As long as we continue to review trades and only let through fair ones, I don't have an issue with it. I'd be fine with taking a longer look at what constitutes a "fair" trade, but I think these blockbusters are exciting and help to keep things fresh in a league where we're likely to end up playing 5 or 6 seasons before moving on to Madden 12.[/QUOTE]
I think there interesting, but I've always been a fan of keeping a team as close as it is to the original on Madden, not sure why, I guess I'm a purist. Its just annoying to see people trade away young guys with high potentials for older guys, it just seems foolish since I'd imagine most people here will be going until August, so theres time for at least 2-4 more seasons of growth.

And besides, I've been raging about the 360 situation so anything pisses me off at this point :p

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']
Yeah, and when he's going to a team in your division that hasn't lost a divisional match since the league started.

I'll just go ahead and say that come Madden 12 we need to stop this fantasy league trading crap.

1. Have to be in the league for 1 full season before conducting a trade
2. 1 90+ player traded a season (1st rd pick also counts as 90+)
3. 1 80+ player traded a season (2nd rd pick also counts as a 80+)
4. 2 80+ = 1 90+

Sure in the real world that could be sort-of conceivable but, I REALLY don't think I even need to come close to having to explain why that's ridiculous. Just writing this makes me want to trade in madden. COME ON MANNN!![/QUOTE]

Darth,

You wanna play your game against someone not nearly as good as those people sometime soon?

Until Madden implements salary cap and contracts into it's online franchise, we really can't afford to limit trades anymore than we do now. I understand the desire for realism, but we are playing a video game. Some trades should be looked at more closely, and this one was. But in the real NFL teams have a chance to sign new players in the offseason, since we don't have that luxury yet in this game then I believe trading more frequently than the real NFL is a good solution.

[quote name='ubernes']Until Madden implements salary cap and contracts into it's online franchise, we really can't afford to limit trades anymore than we do now. I understand the desire for realism, but we are playing a video game. Some trades should be looked at more closely, and this one was. But in the real NFL teams have a chance to sign new players in the offseason, since we don't have that luxury yet in this game then I believe trading more frequently than the real NFL is a good solution.[/QUOTE]

Well put.

And clearly I was one of the biggest opponents of that trade that was just put through, so I know where some of you are coming from. But I don't think we need to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Everyone is welcome to scrutinize trades when they are brought up and if they are questionable I will have them linger in the thread for a day or two. I think it's more about more an effort to examine these types of trades closer and have the two teams go back to the drawing board than it is limiting the amount of trades we do. It's not like the Lions traded Best and Calvin Johnson. Even under the proposed rules by Darth, the Lions would still have the ability to trade Best away.

I think some of my bias against trades would be when I ran leagues when people would make silly fucking trades then leave the league, effectively destroying some teams for others to pick up. But since both you and bvharris are much more adept at running leagues (must come with age) there are basically no problem with the trades...its just annoying to a purist :p

[quote name='Azumangaman']I think some of my bias against trades would be when I ran leagues when people would make silly fucking trades then leave the league, effectively destroying some teams for others to pick up. But since both you and bvharris are much more adept at running leagues (must come with age) there are basically no problem with the trades...its just annoying to a purist :p[/QUOTE]

We've had that happen as well, which is why Darth brought up that 1st rule. I actually don't have a problem with making a new Madden member play through a whole season before he's allowed to trade, but that's not the case here in this Lions-Niners deal anyways.

They're talking about my trade with the Bengals. I still give him grief for making me look like some sort of scoundrel on that one by leaving the league so soon after the trade.

I actually think that would be a good rule though.

That's definitely an example, bv, but I don't think we're exclusively talking about that. It takes a while to understand the value of your own players, specific positions and the like, so even new members getting in a way taken advantage of even if they plan on staying or don't see it as a bad deal, is something that would help avoid.

But u don't trade ur best youg players away.... gore mayb a upgrade for now but next season best will prob be a 90..... that rookie cb is easily gonna be over an. 85 next season.... the corner the lions got is worthless.... I struggle wit my corners that are slow... but I feel I'm a good enough madden player to make it work... my offense is good enough to score points and keep me in the game... so if the lions struggle everyyear does it makes sense to downgrade.... and I don't care wut gores truck says if a team has a good linebacker he's no brandon jacobs.... he gonna gdet stopped right in his tracks

sprice - don't know if you saw my post on the last page, but it turns out I have to work late tonight (not sure how late). Is tonight the only time you can do it or can we push it back to tomorrow? If you're only available tonight than someone can sub for me since I'm the one who's needing to cancel.

I'm not in favor of the trading frenzy either.

I understand uber's point about roster turnover but I think we could create our own free agency during the off-season by releasing a certain number of players(2,3,4) rated between say, 70-89 create a wire the same way we do for free agent pick ups currently and we could essentially get the same effect regarding roster turnover without getting rid of core players or stacking teams.

My $.02

bread's done
Back