Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bv, realistically speaking..i think the offering for the draft "Before" thanksgiving was because most people(going home from school, etc) wouldn't be travelling BACK from thanksgiving until NEXT sunday/monday. Which means some people wouldn't be able to draft until November 29th at the earliest. As Slow as the other league is going...12 days without madden would suck.

P.S. Kick Dooms Ass! :D

Speaking of X amount of days without Madden. If anyone wants to scrim between now and Week 1, let me know. I could use some offseason work. This could be our pre-season. :)

Doom I love you man and its because I have so much respect for you as a player that I'll tell you that what just happened is one of the most bullshit things I've ever gone through in this league. I told you from the very first series that the lag was unbearable and yet you basically stongarmed me into playing through some of the worst lag I've ever experienced. Not only that but you seemed to actually adjust your play calling to take advantage of the fact that my d couldn't react to anything.

You probably would have beaten me in a fair matchup man, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I just didn't expect that from you. Good luck in the super bowl, man.

Because the lag is present in almost every game with you, which is why I asked about it last night. It varies from time to time with how bad it gets, but it is always present.

The first game we played was comparable to how laggy this game was so I was expecting it going in.

I wasn't trying to strongarm you into to anything. We could have stopped. The first message I sent was let's see if it clears up. The first quarter was horrible, but on my end it started to smooth over by the middle of the second quarter.

Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I just knew the lag would be present so I was ready to play lag or not. I was hyped before the game and was ready to play because you give me a good matchup every time.

So in short, I apologize if I seemed like an ass it wasn't intentional at all.

As for the D not being able to react, it happened on my end as well. I missed 1 or 2 picks over the middle with Hali and Belcher because I couldn't get the timing of the lag down.

My connection on general has been infinitely better this season, this game was the exception not the rule. If it wasn't bad for you after the first quarter that explains the way the game went since it only got worse on my end. So yes, I felt forced to play through a game which didn't even have a chance to be remotely competitive. Which was incredibly frustrating to see a successful season end like that. But it is what it is, like I said you likely would have beaten me in a.fair game too so whatever.

Well believe me it wasn't intentional to come off like I didn't care. It's hard to gauge emotion and body language from an xbox live message but I would have stopped. I thought it was clearing up for you as well.

We restarted in the divisional round what 4 or 5 times in madden 11 during my first season? 8 or 9 times during one of our games that eventually ended up into a sim tie(this happened on more than one occasion)? I don't have a problem with restarts.

And yeah, I can understand the frustration on your end.

2 more games to go including the Super Bowl.

We're all but locked in for Tuesday at 8pm btw. I've been updating the count and out of the 12 replies so far 10 and half of you said Tuesday night works.

In case anyone cares, I'm all in rooting for Deuce's Panthers from here on out. I want a new champ.

Thanks uber, glad to have a fan. :spam:

Chiefs over Patriots 37-6 in the AFC Title Game

Matt Cassel 11 of 17 247 yds 1 TD
Jamaal Charles 10 att 110 yds 3 TD
Tony Moeaki 4 rec 165 yds 1 TD

Tom Brady 13 of 22 152 yds 0 TD 2 INT
Adrian Peterson 15 att 29 yds

[quote name='Doomtime']Thanks uber, glad to have a fan. :spam:

[/QUOTE]

I'm all about parity. And the underdog. I can't actively root for a completely undefeated season and potential repeat champion!

[quote name='ubernes']I'm all about parity. And the underdog. I can't actively root for a completely undefeated season and potential repeat champion![/QUOTE]

I just hope I don't flop in the Superbowl. That would crush my spirit.

Now if I recall correctly after the first Super Bowl W the rest of the league seemed to catch up with you, Doom. And then we had the 2 wins by aug. I'm curious to know if that same shift in dominance will happen in Season 2 here. Who out there is secretly training up their Madden team during the off-season?

Yeah Cru recruited Mog and he slapped me around often. Sprice and I split games as well. Thus the division of Doom was born.

Went 12-4 in season 2 and season 3. Lost in the AFC title game of season 2 to Mog by a TD in OT. Then lost to Deuce in season 3 in the wildcard round.

Well way different type of game this year. The zone defense works and I can cover slants over the middle effectively.

I don't plan on falling off in season 2!

I'll try not to let u down commish... I'm battling hellacious traffic right now, trying to get home so Panthers-Saints III can kick off

End of Season Report: New York Jets

I wasn't going to make one of these because I believe most of my stats are pretty middle of the road, but as I was thinking about the things I wanted to try with my team next season I figured I should put this together as well to see how I improve and maybe where I should improve.

Record: 12-4 (Wildcard), 3-3 division record, 8-4 conference.

Offense:
24.9 ppg (10th)
270.3 ypg (14th)
151.4 passing ypg (15th)
118 rushing ypg (12th)

Passing:
Mark Sanchez - 193/336, 57.4%, 2,706 yards, 24 TD, 22 INT, 80 Rating (#13 in the league)

It's almost eerie how much I play like the real-life Sanchez. IRL the completion percentage and QB rating are almost exactly spot on. Much like the real-life Sanchez (and hopefully this year, not next), I'd like to up that completion percentage and cut down on the INTs. The thing is, I'd also like the pass more. Despite how much tougher it is this year, I feel like that's the better part of my offensive game so I'm hoping Sanchez makes the leap in Season 2.

Rushing:
Shonn Greene - 190 carries, 1115 yards (5.9 ypc), 7 TDs
LaDainian Tomlinson - 42 carries, 295 yards (7 ypc), 4 TDs

My FB, rookie RB and rookie WR all had higher yards per carry, but they also saw limited action (24, 24 and 12 carries, respectively). I think if Kerley didn't get hurt so early in the season, we'd see him easily surpass LT's numbers here. He looked pretty great running the wildcat for me and pretty much single-handily helped me beat MasterAwesome this year. I'm happy with what Greene provided this season. He didn't dominate by any means, but he moved the chain for the most part and that's what I expect him to do next season as well. With LT's career coming to a close, Powell will likely see more action in his 2nd year in the league.

Receiving:
Dustin Keller - 75 catches, 970 yards (12.9 ypc), 9 TDs
Santonio Holmes - 38 catches, 554 yards (14.6 ypc), 8 TDs
Derrick Mason - 30 catches, 418 yards (13.9 ypc), 3 TDs
Plaxico Burress - 12 catches, 250 yards (20.8 ypc), 2 TDs (in 4 games)

The distribution here was much better at the first half of the season, but once I got more comfortable with Keller I had no qualms feeding him the ball the majority of the game. Plax had a rough return to the NFL, injuring himself early in the season and not returning until the end. Kerley who did a decent job replacing him but was lost for the season in Week 6 and only had 12 catches in the 5 games he played as the #3 WR. With an aging WR group, the Jets may look to the draft if they want to pass more. Kerley could be thrust into the #2 option behind Holmes if Mason or Burress regress or retire this off-season.

Defense:
18.3 ppg (tied 7th)
241.9 ypg (9th)
162.5 passing ypg (10th)
81.1 rushing ypg (6th)

If there was one true star on this team, it would have to be the defense. Top 10 in everything above. 36 INTs on the year. 14 FFs. Not one player dominated but I had 6 picks with Harris and Leonard, another 5 with Eric Smith, Revis and Cromartie and a handful of others with 1-2. Interestingly enough my line had the most sacks. Pouha with 6 and Devito with 4. Pretty odd for a 3-4 defense, but my LBs should likely be credited for the 6th best run D. 3 of my LBs had 30 or more tackles. The biggest concern I have for this team would be when they are up they tend to let up a lot of yards. I can't tell how many times I would be up and next thing I know I'd get beat on a long pass play. My goal for next year is to have less shootouts. We'll see how that goes.

[quote name='BSETI50']season two....titans superbowl champs from worst to first[/QUOTE]

I look forward to watching you try to back that statement up! ;) This league is a step up in competition and organization compared to the reject league.

[quote name='The Zero']The Zero
I would take the Bill
I am in the other C.A.G fantasy Draft league.
[email protected][/QUOTE]

You're going to have to step up your communication in this league. I've heard complaints from owners that you're difficult to get ahold of.

I believe staticz bro is taking the Bills but I'm awaiting confirmation. If not, you can have them Zero but like Doom said you need to be more active in the thread. We don't wait around for anyone in this league and we will advance every 3 days.

[quote name='Doomtime']You're going to have to step up your communication in this league. I've heard complaints from owners that you're difficult to get ahold of.[/QUOTE]

He's a decent guy, We finally were able to play our game for league 2. Awesome dude. (have played him two times now)

Explained the rules (For the most part)...he works nights(that was the issue all along, apparently).....but is able to work around that to play those of us who play at night.

(also the reason i had him post his email)

(he also enjoys xbox party chat)

( i had him join as the bills already, so if the above is true uber, go ahead and kick him, and he can join as the jags)

[quote name='siradam134']He's a decent guy, We finally were able to play our game for league 2. Awesome dude. (have played him two times now)

Explained the rules (For the most part)...he works nights.....but is able to work around that to play those of us who play at night.

(also the reason i had him post his email)[/QUOTE]

Good to know he has your blessing. Seems like you're the tester for new players haha.

[quote name='Doomtime']Good to know he has your blessing. Seems like you're the tester for new players haha.[/QUOTE]

I've beaten him twice by 3 and 4 pts, i'll take it:D lol.

All joking aside, the dude's freaking good, had me reeling on my heels for most of the game.

Panthers 31
Saints 21

:whee: the Panthers are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was easily the most competitive game I've played this season (no offense to any of my opponents). I managed to hold Mark Ingram in check (15 carries, 99 yards and 2 TDs). Mike Goodson ran 9 times for 32 yards, but his biggest carry of the game came late in the 4th to put the Panthers up 24-21 with 2:00 minutes left. On the ensuing kickoff, Stevie Brown(who????) blasted Patrick Peterson, forcing a fumble and RJ Stanford picked it up and ran it in to secure the game.

Jon Beason had 2 INTs, Charles Godfrey had an INT for Carolina. Jabari Greer and Jonathan Vilma each had a INT for the Saints. Will Smith(1.5 sacks), Sedrick Ellis(1), and Shaun Rogers(1 sack-fumble) hounded Cam Newton all game, and helped force his 2 INTs. The INTs in this game were Cam's first turnovers in the playoffs i believe , but he still finished with an 85.7 passer rating, going 11/21 for 241 yds, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Kevin Kolb had a 15.7 rating, going 5/13 for 66 yds, and 3 INTs.

Great Game Ballhawk... I kinda wish it didn't end the way that it did cuz i think it woulda been a helluva finish had u gotten down the field and at least tied the game up. DOOMTIME......... I'm coming for my e-hardware!!! They say three's a charm and this is my 3rd SB appearance (1st with the Panthers)... :whee:(me after the Peterson fumble... LITERALLY)

So when are you two playing? i'd like to take a look at the free agents as soon as possible:D

(p.s.)..... Go Deuce Go!

ONLY the dolphins are allowed to have the perfect season:d

[quote name='siradam134']So when are you two playing? i'd like to take a look at the free agents as soon as possible:D

(p.s.)..... Go Deuce Go!

ONLY the dolphins are allowed to have the perfect season:d[/QUOTE]

i'm good to go as soon as we advance...

Great game deuce! It could've been a very different outcome if it wasn't for tht fumble on the kickoff returned for a touchdown at least it would've came down to the wire, I'm glad ur in my division bc I like competition but just know I'll be coming for you next year cuz of my let down lol

I'm letting Deuce sit and think about the hype for a bit. This moment may be too big for Cam.

No but really I'm at school for a bit printing off a bunch of papers. I should be back in an hour and a half or so. Putting a portfolio together.

I already pm'ed you Deuce, but yeah hopefully that works.

[quote name='ballhawk20']Great game deuce! It could've been a very different outcome if it wasn't for tht fumble on the kickoff returned for a touchdown at least it would've came down to the wire, I'm glad ur in my division bc I like competition but just know I'll be coming for you next year cuz of my let down lol[/QUOTE]

looking forward to it... last year's Madden, i had a pretty serious rivalry with Zurezo (Ravens-Steelers) so i'm glad i have one with my beloved Panthers now :D

[quote name='Doomtime']This moment may be too big for Cam. [/QUOTE]

:shame:................................:whistle2:$ is what Cam told me to relay to all the doubters lol.

Cam-Newton1.jpg

i'm planning on having those two trophies replaced with the Lombardi and the SB MVP trophy...:cool:

[quote name='augmog']Congrats duece represent for the NFC[/QUOTE]

thanks buddy. I'm gonna do all i can. seems like i'm playing for the 30 other teams in the league... i like the pressure :D

[quote name='Deuce20602']:shame:................................:whistle2:$ is what Cam told me to relay to all the doubters lol.

Cam-Newton1.jpg

i'm planning on having those two trophies replaced with the Lombardi and the SB MVP trophy...:cool:[/QUOTE]

We'll see about that. I was able to shut down the Cutler-Vernon Davis connection in the other league as well as DeAngelo. Hope that translates over to this league.

[quote name='Deuce20602']thanks buddy. I'm gonna do all i can. seems like i'm playing for the 30 other teams in the league... i like the pressure :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm getting that vibe too. I've somehow landed the villain role.

:twisted:

congrats Deuce and Doom. I'm pulling for Deuce so I can say that the NFC South is the best conference and that I beat the Superbowl winner :).

Also Doomtime, why change your avatar right before the Superbowl? :shock: (also what is your avatar?)

[quote name='gbpackers94']congrats Deuce and Doom. I'm pulling for Deuce so I can say that the NFC South is the best conference and that I beat the Superbowl winner :).

Also Doomtime, why change your avatar right before the Superbowl? :shock: (also what is your avatar?)[/QUOTE]

Dr. Doom aka Victor von Doom. Looking to start a Doom dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back