Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='Doomtime']Every past champion should have one of the lowest rated teams on the game.[/QUOTE]

suddenly, losing all 3 of the Super Bowls I've been in doesn't seem so bad lol

[quote name='sprice8688']its not right for certain people who are vets that last a season and a half have rights to a team that they chose to leave. [/QUOTE]

No one is saying they do, certainly not me. I think I've been pretty clear that I don't think anyone should have dibs on any team before we start the team selection process.

[quote name='bvharris']No one is saying they do, certainly not me. I think I've been pretty clear that I don't think anyone should have dibs on any team before we start the team selection process.[/QUOTE]

i wasnt pinpointing at u i was just stating my opinion... i thought u did a hell of a job keeping the league going... i like that people have certain teams just if u leave then u get only an available team

I'm up for whatever. There is a certain amount of fun that comes with trying to build a winner, but starting with a stronger team wouldn't be bad either.

The commish team has a tough road ahead of them. No one wants a crappy team, not everyone wants to have the same team...point is - someone will be pissed. Either way you guys go, I'll support the decision. Seattle has some bad ass uniforms anyway :p

I don't think we have an issue with competitive balance, personally. I can't remember a bunch of complaints about the "better" players in the league having the best teams. Either we do it the way we've been doing it, with veteran preference to teams or finalize the 32 users and randomize an order for selecting teams.

Like staticz said, there is no way to make everyone happy, but the randomizer would at least make it equally fair.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I don't think we have an issue with competitive balance, personally. I can't remember a bunch of complaints about the "better" players in the league having the best teams. Either we do it the way we've been doing it, with veteran preference to teams or finalize the 32 users and randomize an order for selecting teams.

Like staticz said, there is no way to make everyone happy, but the randomizer would at least make it equally fair.[/QUOTE]

^^ I agree with this ^^

Random but is the Lottery Draft for the last couple of spots going to be done through a website , or like a real names out of a hat, or done like the NBA lol

[quote name='theredworm']we did a draft of teams in the 2nd league in M11 if I remember right and it went pretty well[/QUOTE]

That is correct, but it was a sort-of spinoff league, not the main thing.

[quote name='BSETI50']i like having a second league early on, if it dies off or gets hacked so what[/QUOTE]

did they really get rid of fantasy drafts

[quote name='sprice8688']did they really get rid of fantasy drafts[/QUOTE]

I hope not that would suck , I planned on doing my private league too

Yes fantasy drafts are gone.

Importing the draft class from NCAA football is gone.

Editing player abilities is gone.

Custom Playbook use in connected careers is not allowed.

And apparently you're only allowed one connected career.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yes fantasy drafts are gone.

Importing the draft class from NCAA football is gone.

Editing player abilities is gone.

Custom Playbook use in connected careers is not allowed.

And apparently you're only allowed one connected career.[/QUOTE]

You've obviously read up on this way more than I have.. Is it possible that Madden leagues as we knew them are dead? Or will we be able to create at least a reasonable facsimile of what we had before.

[quote name='bvharris']You've obviously read up on this way more than I have.. Is it possible that Madden leagues as we knew them are dead? Or will we be able to create at least a reasonable facsimile of what we had before.[/QUOTE]

They still haven't released info on how they're going to incorporate the EA website, but from what I've read on forums, many seem to believe a massive overhaul is in the works. XFN may not even be necessary.

Online franchise details are being released very slowly.

Everything below will be included in both online and offline franchise from the start. I don't think it will take away from what we had before.

32 users - human or CPU controlled
Users control an individual player or team (as a coach)
Salary Cap w/ Free Agency
Real Player Contracts
Rookie Scouting and Rookie Draft with traded draft picks
Get Fired or released from your team
Play up to 30 Seasons
Practice with your team
Player progressions from game to game, season to season (using xp you earn from weekly and season long milestones)
Stories generated each week based on what's happening in the league including trades
Faux tweets from in-game Twitter accounts from sports reporters Adam Schefter, Rich Eisen, and Skip Bayless.
Website/Cell phone App integration

The Madden demo is rumored to release on August 7th.

Top 10 QBs announced

Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) - 99 overall
Tom Brady (New England Patriots) - 98 overall
Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints) - 98 overall
Eli Manning (New York Giants) - 97 overall
Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh Steelers) - 95 overall
Peyton Manning (Denver Broncos) - 93 overall
Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers) - 92 overall
Matthew Stafford (Detroid Lions) - 91 overall
Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys) - 90 overall
Michael Vick (Philadelphia Eagles) - 89 overall

Last edited by a moderator:
Q&A on some of the new features. This actually answers a lot of questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfGA3rda8CQ

Commissioners will have the power to limit whether it's a coach's or player's franchise. A coach's franchise is what we've always been doing, but now with all the additional features.

Commissioners will have the power to set player progression(every four weeks, weekly or end of season)

Commissioners will have the power to turn salary cap on or off as well as the use of accelerated clock (which I think we should use because you can also set the minimum playclock time)

Coach firing can be toggled on or off.

XP upgrades CANNOT be purchased. Grinding like an actual RPG will determine how much XP you're given. If you put in the work, you will be rewarded.

I heard someone who is pretty knowledgeable about Madden say that they'll let us have multiple connected careers....I dunno where he read it, but that would be gay as sh@#%@#%z if we can only do one!!!

Edit: After a few seconds of googling, I found this http://mymaddenpad.com/faq/how-many-connected-careers-can-you-start-or-be-in/

So I think we're good for multiple Connected Careers...I know that thing was posted a month and a half ago, but I doubt they'd decide to go from unlimited Connected Careers to forcing you to limit yourself to just ONE.

Like I said before, Im not worried about what team I get. I know however we deiced it will be fair.

Im not a fan of Accelerated Clock by the way I can't quote who metioned it but I know I read someone mentioned or was in favor of it.

Anybody know when the Demo is coming out for Madden ?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Im not a fan of Accelerated Clock by the way I can't quote who metioned it but I know I read someone mentioned or was in favor of it.

Anybody know when the Demo is coming out for Madden ?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it depends how bad the game sucks. They released the NCAA demo way early this year...

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Im not a fan of Accelerated Clock by the way I can't quote who metioned it but I know I read someone mentioned or was in favor of it.

Rumor is Aug 7th

Yeah that was me.

Pissing and moaning can be avoided when the topic of killing the playclock is brought up.

7 minute quarters, set the minimum playclock and then add in accelerated clock.

Either that or set the minimum playclock to around 20 seconds so waiting for 30-35 seconds doesn't happen.

I like accel clock too. I know Doom called it pissing and moaning but with one first down you can kill a whole quarter running the clock all the way down. To me that is a legitimate concern and should be addressed one way or another this year.

I just lump all Madden drama under the pissing and moaning category, don't mean it as a shot towards anyone. At times, it got a little too heated.

I agree it is something that should be addressed.

I'm trying to remember other issues that were brought up last year that can be addressed from the start.

I'm hoping Madden 13 will be the year that opponents stop crying over me running with the quarterback. After Tebow's season last year, ya can't say it never happens in the NFL. And to be able to run with quarterbacks succesfully in Madden is a skill. But I won't get my hopes up.

If I end up with a team with a slow quarterback, I'll definately be hitting up everyone to trade for there speedy backups.

The QB running I'm fine with.

Constant no-huddle should be banned, though I don't really remember that being that big of an issue. It's pure cheese.

Also, the ridiculous QB sneak(which I'm sure has been fixed), good times.

[quote name='Doomtime']The QB running I'm fine with.

Constant no-huddle should be banned, though I don't really remember that being that big of an issue. It's pure cheese.

Also, the ridiculous QB sneak(which I'm sure has been fixed), good times.[/QUOTE]

i agree running with the qb is okay just have to choose playcalling wisely.... the no huddle is questionable becaude if i catch u in the wrong package i want u to waste a time out.... or if im down and i think ur gonna run the clock im no.huddleing

If it is anything like NCAA 13 you won't be able to run like you did last year. The pocket collapses instantly as soon as you start moving the QB around.

There are situations where it's okay, especially late in the game when you're behind.

No huddling when someone is in the "wrong" package is cheese. Even when the guy on defense audibles, you have guys that are fatigued and playing positions they shouldn't be playing. I can't yell to the sidelines to tell guys to run on and off the field while no huddling is happening in a video game. So I'd have no choice but to burn a timeout that I didn't necessarily need to use. Cheese.

People take it to extreme levels in ranked games.

[quote name='LVPatriots'] And to be able to run with quarterbacks succesfully in Madden is a skill.[/QUOTE]

Going 5 Wide in a passing Formation(so the Defense picks a passing play accordingly) and running up the middle/left/or right is Not a skill. It's cheese.

[quote name='siradam134']Going 5 Wide in a passing Formation(so the Defense picks a passing play accordingly) and running up the middle/left/or right is Not a skill. It's cheese.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that is cheese

[quote name='theredworm']I just wish madden had no huddle like ncaa[/QUOTE]

NCAA no huddle is sick! One of my favorite features

[quote name='siradam134']Going 5 Wide in a passing Formation(so the Defense picks a passing play accordingly) and running up the middle/left/or right is Not a skill. It's cheese.[/QUOTE]

Give it a shot and see how many games you win doing that.

Even 5-wide you still need to get the right blocking, navigate around defenders, find open running lanes, and slide before you get hit.

I think by cheese you mean it is easy and can manipulate the game. I'll challenge anyone to try and win even a ranked game running with Vick from 5-wide all game. Not gonna happen.

Plus, if your opponent knows you run with the QB, they sure as hell better take that into account when they choose a defense against 5-wide.

Don't college spread offenses and the Eagles (w/ Vick) do this all the time? To create those kind of mismatches and opportunites? You know, Football.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Give it a shot and see how many games you win doing that.
[/QUOTE]

I won a fair few. But not playing 5 Wide Sets the entire game (like some of our former players....

Here's proof that I'm not just talking from a pulpit without any experience in the QB run game:)

http://www.treslok.com/qb.jpg

[quote name='siradam134']I won a fair few. But not playing 5 Wide Sets the entire game (like some of our former players....

Here's proof that I'm not just talking from a pulpit without any experience in the QB run game:)

http://www.treslok.com/qb.jpg[/QUOTE]

Obviously I'm not condoning people running 5-wide set/QB-runs all game. Nor running with the QB all game in general. I just find that people who complain about it or label it "Cheese" don't have much experience running it or defending against it, so they just say it's cheap when they can't stop it.

Clearly you aren't in that boat. But I would like to know who or what you were playing against when you were having so much success with the 5-wide runs? So much so that you would label it Cheese.

P.S. Newcomber was my boy in the JV league, way too fun of a QB to play with.

i think whats worse is the ones who kno how to put heywardbey at rb when the switch out of the 5 wide.. or percy harvin so forth.... thats more of what i cant stand... if someone switches out of the 5 wide to a run play once or twice max dont bother me but every play is the most extreme cheap shit ive ever experienced

CAG username: Blade3D
XBL gamertag: Blade3D
New player: No (By this we mean new to this specific league, not new to Madden in general)
Seasons played: Madden 12, Seasons 4 and 5 (I think)

[quote name='BSETI50']i played the ncaa demo, i love the hurry up offense, hope they have something like that in m13.[/QUOTE]

i love ncaa from the road to glory perspective... gameplay im not so fond of.... i feel maddens more realistic plus it helps that i am better at madden.... the ncaa league we started is fun tho

The last few years I've felt NCAA had done a better job at realism than Madden, especially with the 100mph cuts or successfully running backwards with super-fast RB's.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']The last few years I've felt NCAA had done a better job at realism than Madden, especially with the 100mph cuts or successfully running backwards with super-fast RB's.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Playing vs. Doom when he would run to the outside with Charles was a lot of fun.

[quote name='Zurezo']Yeah. Playing vs. Doom when he would run to the outside with Charles was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

:D I did enjoy using Charles, though I'm looking to move on from the Chiefs.

I do remember one game where I fumbled at least 5 times against you, despite holding RB.... :fridge:

bread's done
Back