Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='RamesuThe1']The last few years I've felt NCAA had done a better job at realism than Madden, especially with the 100mph cuts or successfully running backwards with super-fast RB's.[/QUOTE]

i dont understand how to go for the ball as a defender... i go for a pick and he doesnt even try to catch it...... some tds ive given up have just been bogus pass plays that my defender is right next to the wr and he dont jump.... my 3 games played every td ive given but i think 1 was a long td pass... its stupid

Basically, wit the new DB/WR interaction, your guy has to be looking at the ball to react to it. I've had the same issue, try going for a swat instead of a pick, thats worked for me.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Basically, wit the new DB/WR interaction, your guy has to be looking at the ball to react to it. I've had the same issue, try going for a swat instead of a pick, thats worked for me.[/QUOTE]

if u use strafe will that turn him around? that nakes more sense now but its hard to adjust madden is so much easier to read and react

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Basically, wit the new DB/WR interaction, your guy has to be looking at the ball to react to it. I've had the same issue, try going for a swat instead of a pick, thats worked for me.[/QUOTE]

In Heisman i've seen CB's/Safety's trailing the WR NEVER turn their head around, and catch a ball flying over their shoulder for a clean pick. It's ridiculous.

[quote name='sprice8688']if u use strafe will that turn him around? that nakes more sense now but its hard to adjust madden is so much easier to read and react[/QUOTE]

Strafing does work, but its tough to do if you're in a trail position on a deep ball with a CB. If you're driving on a ball for a pick with the Safety you pretty much and to be square with the ball. Or if its a jump ball you should definitely strafe. Then, only press Y, you can't hold the strafe or anything else, the guy won't react if you do.

[quote name='siradam134']In Heisman i've seen CB's/Safety's trailing the WR NEVER turn their head around, and catch a ball flying over their shoulder for a clean pick. It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

That's what you get for playing on Hiesman aka CPU cheater mode.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Strafing does work, but its tough to do if you're in a trail position on a deep ball with a CB. If you're driving on a ball for a pick with the Safety you pretty much and to be square with the ball. Or if its a jump ball you should definitely strafe. Then, only press Y, you can't hold the strafe or anything else, the guy won't react if you do.[/QUOTE]

yea that fucks me cause in madden u can hold the straf button and press y to pick it.... it helps me keep my player in good posistiin to bait people...

so on a madden note whens it come out the 12th? are we planning on voting on decisions for teams or just do what the commissiiners decide....i still would like to have a division full of superbowl winners.... me cru doom and mog woukd be awesome just sayin

I agree with that division, at least I know if one of us wins it we'd beat the hell out of each other to get there.

And Madden isn't out until the 28th. I'm up for whatever the commissioners decide.

CAG username: LAboyz
XBL gamertag: LAboyz
New player: Yes (By this we mean new to this specific league, not new to Madden in general)
Seasons played: None

[quote name='Doomtime']I agree with that division, at least I know if one of us wins it we'd beat the hell out of each other to get there.

And Madden isn't out until the 28th. I'm up for whatever the commissioners decide.[/QUOTE]

u know what else i was thinking... another way to pick teams fairly if we do it... randomize the order but once we get our 32 users try to break it off as the 8 users with the worst records get first pick but each have to pick out of a different division.. then the next 8 randomize pick all different divisions and so forth till all the teams are filled.. just a thought

One funny thing about a team draft is that you not only get to pick your team. But with later picks you will also be choosing your most frequent opponents, based on who is in which division.

Im fine with a division with Superbowl Champions to if I get first pick at teams in that division if that's cool Doom, Mog, and Sprice lol.

I'm finalizing the lottery date with uber and fero, but I suggested we do it next Monday (the 13th). This is the situation right now:

CAG Username (qualification criteria)
1. bvharris (1,3,4) - Checked in
2. ubernes (1,4) - Checked in
3. siradam134 (1,3,4) - Checked in
4. BigAT (2,4)
5. Mr Grand Cru (2,4) - Checked in
6. Doomtime (2,4) - Checked in
7. augmog (2,3,4) - Checked in
8. sprice8688 (2,3,4) - Checked in
9. MasterAwesome (3,4) - Checked in
10. itlnstln (3,4)
11. RamesuThe1 (3,4) - Checked in
12. Matt Young (3,4) - Checked in
13. Tanabeo (3,4) - Checked in
14. Superstar (3,4) - Checked in
15. LVPatriots (3) - Checked in
16. staticz (3) - Checked in
17. PacerPerspect (4) - Checked in
18. Deuce20602 (4) - Waiting List
18. Zurezo (4) - Checked in
19. Appleinthetree (4) - Checked in
20. Darth0ftheDead (4) - Checked in
21. pitfallharry219 (4) - Checked in

Deuce is not taking his spot, but pitfallharry does get an auto spot. BigAT and itlnstln are the only two who haven't checked in, but I expect they'll both be playing.

Lottery:
JoelyPoley - 1
theredworm - 3
og whitewidow - 5
VW Matsui - 1
bseti50 - 5
dvo21 - 5
neworlbush25 - 3
man2008 - 3
GPNinja - 5
Blade3D - 3
laboyz - 1

We have exactly 11 people in the lottery right now, so if nobody else signs up between today and when we do the lottry, we wouldn't need to do it at all (not that I expect that). Most of you guys should be in though.

As for team selection, we'll handle that after the spots are allocated.

[quote name='Zurezo']Go to the 2:50 mark. If Tebow can do this, Im taking the Jets.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/madden-nfl-13-demo-61412/1406394/[/QUOTE]

Glad to see throwing a bomb across your body while falling away made it back into the game.

/sarcasm

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Im fine with a division with Superbowl Champions to if I get first pick at teams in that division if that's cool Doom, Mog, and Sprice lol.[/QUOTE]

Leaning towards no on that request. :spam:

The complete list of QB ratings has been released FYI: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/complete-qb-ratings-in-madden-nfl-13

There's a link in there that'll open up an excel spreadsheet with every attribute. It's beyond retarded that they give Cam Newton a 75 deep ball accuracy...anyone who watched the Panthers last year knows that the deep ball is Cam's bread and butter! But he's pretty dominant everywhere else, so I guess they just had to nerf him somewhere so he wouldn't be like a 95 OVR.

[quote name='bvharris']Deuce is not taking his spot, but pitfallharry does get an auto spot. BigAT and itlnstln are the only two who haven't checked in, but I expect they'll both be playing.[/QUOTE]

pitfallharry posted in the other league thread that he was giving up his spot here. You might want to check with him to see if anything's changed.

[quote name='Doomtime']Glad to see throwing a bomb across your body while falling away made it back into the game.

/sarcasm[/QUOTE]

And yeah...wow... Realism

http://www.operationsports.com/news...ive-free-pdlc-with-madden-nfl-13-other-games/

Looking to renew your EA Sports Season Ticket? Check out the new details on the program. (Not seeing NBA Live 13)

Play Early. Play More. Play Better.

The program that gives you early access to all of your favorite EA SPORTS titles is back, now with even more value for only $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft® Points for 12 months of benefits! With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, you’ll get ahead of the game in all participating titles with:
Access to over $100 of PDLC
3 days Early Access to the full game
20% discount on additional PDLC
Access to over $100 of PDLC Across all participating titles

Don’t wait to build your club in Ultimate Team, compete against your friends, or test your skills in weekly global tournaments. With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, get a leg-up on your opponents with access to the following PDLC across all five participating titles:
1 Legendary Pack and 24 Pro Madden Packs (over $30 in value)
24 NHL Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
24 FIFA Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
Tiger Woods 14 content to be announced
NCAA 14 content to be announced
3 days Early Access Across all participating titles

Download your favorite EA SPORTS titles 3 days early and get into the action while your friends are still dreaming of throwing 40-yard bombs or ripping the back of the net. Carry over your progress and achievements when you buy on launch day to stay ahead of the game.

20% off additional PDLC Across all participating titles

Want to save even more? With EA SPORTS Season Ticket you get 20% off all PDLC available in all participating titles. Get more Ultimate Team packs, more courses, more players and more boosts for your money. If it’s available for purchase, you get 20% off. It’s that easy.

[quote name='sprice8688']wow rg3 looks like a beast.[/QUOTE]

Booker-T-wut-da-hayell.jpg

88 deep throw accuracy and 95 throw power????

[quote name='theredworm']http://www.operationsports.com/news...ive-free-pdlc-with-madden-nfl-13-other-games/
[/QUOTE]

So still not other perks other than access to the game 3 days early and a discount to unnecessary DLC? Well played EA.

What do they mean by access to those packs? Meaning people have the ability to buy them 3 days early or they get them for 3 days and then have them taken away when it releases?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']pitfallharry posted in the other league thread that he was giving up his spot here. You might want to check with him to see if anything's changed.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. I'll check with him.

CAG username: x cappa x
XBL gamertag:x cappa x
New player: Yes/No (By this we mean new to this specific league, not new to Madden in general) No
Seasons played: (Please list the seasons from M10,11,12 you participated in and the team used)* M10 - Buccaneers (I think)

[quote name='sprice8688']wow rg3 looks like a beast.[/QUOTE]

it's blasphemy that RGIII has better deep accuracy than SuperCam

[quote name='Doomtime']
So still not other perks other than access to the game 3 days early and a discount to unnecessary DLC? Well played EA.

What do they mean by access to those packs? Meaning people have the ability to buy them 3 days early or they get them for 3 days and then have them taken away when it releases?[/QUOTE]

I took it as free packs...which almost makes it worth it. I got addicted to MUT last year and actually bought packs (for shame).

[quote name='staticz']I took it as free packs...which almost makes it worth it. I got addicted to MUT last year and actually bought packs (for shame).[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought a legend pack that included no legends. At least if I had gotten early access to the game, I might have felt like less of an idiot, lol. Honestly, if you're a fan of Ultimate Team in at least 2 of the games, this is probably worth considering. Between Madden and NHL, I'm actually thinking about it. Getting the games 3 days early would just be a bonus.

r u guyes honoring real life trades this year. like last year.
if so rams owner is going to have one hell of a team at the end of the league

[quote name='DVO21']r u guyes honoring real life trades this year. like last year.
if so rams owner is going to have one hell of a team at the end of the league[/QUOTE]

From what I understand it should already be done for us so we won't have to pause the draft this year.

[quote name='staticz']I took it as free packs...which almost makes it worth it. I got addicted to MUT last year and actually bought packs (for shame).[/QUOTE]

Well if that's the case then it may very well be worth it. That mode really took off in popularity last year.

so EA sports but in the game for connected career that the redskins traded all the picks for the second pick in the draft and the rams already have all the picks in the game. im not sure if u were confused about wut i was asking or not doom i ment as in real life trade between the actual nfl

[quote name='DVO21']r u guyes honoring real life trades this year. like last year.
if so rams owner is going to have one hell of a team at the end of the league[/QUOTE]

I think we're probably not going to do that again this year.

[quote name='bvharris']I think we're probably not going to do that again this year.[/QUOTE]

Dang haha. ( If we did get the same teams)

[quote name='bvharris']I think we're probably not going to do that again this year.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that. It never affected me, but if we go with randomly selected teams I'd hate to get punished for being assigned the Redskins.

[quote name='sprice8688']getting to play with rg3 would almost be worth it.... id take the redskons and not care.....[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Now the Redskins owner is just getting a steal.

As a resident of the District, I find the idea of the Redskins as any sort of Madden juggernaut laughable, RG3 or no. :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']As a resident of the District, I find the idea of the Redskins as any sort of Madden juggernaut laughable, RG3 or no. :lol:[/QUOTE]

the guy who used them last season did pretty well.... i tjouggt real life redskins last preseason came out strong but come on ur only gonna get so far with beck or grossman... we traded beck for a suck ass corner for depth and he was a potential starter for them... i love my ravens and gladly say fuck any team besides my own when its cruch time but id like to see them do decently... they could be a surprise i love santana moss less see this yr if his age haz caught him or not... steve smith showed hes still a premier wr with cam lazt yr... it will be fun to watch... id take the fantasy risk if i needed a qb

I was just thinking if we did do a division of past superbowl champions , there is more than 4 champions so would we split it up into two divisions across 2 conferences ?

[quote name='sprice8688']the guy who used them last season did pretty well.... i tjouggt real life redskins last preseason came out strong but come on ur only gonna get so far with beck or grossman... we traded beck for a suck ass corner for depth and he was a potential starter for them... i love my ravens and gladly say fuck any team besides my own when its cruch time but id like to see them do decently... they could be a surprise i love santana moss less see this yr if his age haz caught him or not... steve smith showed hes still a premier wr with cam lazt yr... it will be fun to watch... id take the fantasy risk if i needed a qb[/QUOTE]

I will def be at a couple redskins games this year to check out RG3, one of my homeboys has season tickets.

[quote name='bvharris']As a resident of the District, I find the idea of the Redskins as any sort of Madden juggernaut laughable, RG3 or no. :lol:[/QUOTE]

As a resident of the District, do you know about in job oppurtunities in the area lol ;) Im looking to move out of Baltimore.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I was just thinking if we did do a division of past superbowl champions , there is more than 4 champions so would we split it up into two divisions across 2 conferences ?[/QUOTE]

You're not getting out of our division Cru. :lol:

[quote name='Doomtime']You're not getting out of our division Cru. :lol:[/QUOTE]

i would be a happy camper to play u guys twice a season possibly 3..... id do it by most championships then put any others i guess bigats the only with 1 with runners up masterawesome bseti and mayb even bv hes a playoff contender year in year out

[quote name='Doomtime']You're not getting out of our division Cru. :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol haha not looking to get out of the division Im more worried about my team than my schedule, my schedule doesn't matter whoever is on it will be catching a L , I just dont want to end up with the a BS squad. I also don't want to see BigAt or Soodmeg just get a easy ride or whoever else doesn't fit in the division lol

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']As a resident of the District, do you know about in job oppurtunities in the area lol ;) Im looking to move out of Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

In what field?

I highly doubt we're going to do that anyway. If you guys want to try and get in the same division on your own, that's fine, but I don't think it's something we're going to deliberately organize that way.

bread's done
Back