Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

we need a vikings owner if its sameteams! i think mog could be tempted to stY with the bears with the. getting marshall

If there's still a spot I'd love to get in, and if the Vikings are still open, I'd love to play as them.
CAG USERNAME: KtMack23
XBL GTAG: KtMack23
New Player: YES

[quote name='bvharris']

I highly doubt we're going to do that anyway. If you guys want to try and get in the same division on your own, that's fine, but I don't think it's something we're going to deliberately organize that way.[/QUOTE]

True, I don't see it working out unless we have a few people compromise. Too bad we can't move teams around and set up custom divisions.

I know Matt Young will still want the Pack and I'm not touching the Vikings.

[quote name='Doomtime']I know Matt Young will still want the Pack and I'm not touching the Vikings.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll struggle with AP. :lol:

[quote name='Doomtime']True, I don't see it working out unless we have a few people compromise. Too bad we can't move teams around and set up custom divisions.

I know Matt Young will still want the Pack and I'm not touching the Vikings.[/QUOTE]

surprising with ur dominant runnjng game u wouldnt want ap? or is it the rest of the team.... superstar gave me a fit with there defense

[quote name='sprice8688']surprising with ur dominant runnjng game u wouldnt want ap? or is it the rest of the team.... superstar gave me a fit with there defense[/QUOTE]

A packer fan never plays as the viqueens

[quote name='ubernes']I'm sure you'll struggle with AP. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sprice8688']surprising with ur dominant runnjng game u wouldnt want ap? or is it the rest of the team.... superstar gave me a fit with there defense[/QUOTE]

:D I'll give it some thought when the full ratings are released. Ponder and Joe Webb will give me nightmares just like Matt Cassel. I can see it now.

That's if they're even still around after we do team selections. Who knows.

[quote name='theredworm']A packer fan never plays as the viqueens[/QUOTE]

:lol:

This too.

Just poking my head in real quick, I've been pretty busy with moving back in so I haven't had a chance to check the forum frequently. Any clue when the demo should be available for DL?

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Just poking my head in real quick, I've been pretty busy with moving back in so I haven't had a chance to check the forum frequently. Any clue when the demo should be available for DL?[/QUOTE]

It might be out tomorrow but that's just a rumor. If not tomorrow, then probably next Tuesday.

Also, I'm still hoping to get the cardinals. I have no clue who else would want them with Skelton being their starter and 2 hb's that are super injury prone. :(

Hey there gents, just wanted to give you guys a heads up that as of now I'm leaning towards not returning to the league for this year. I'll let you know if something changes between now and release.

Madden 13 Top 10 Overall RB

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
#2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
#3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
#4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
#6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
#7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
#8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
#9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
#10 Michael Turner - 91 Overall

CJ2K out of the top 10 :hot:

Damn...I knew they were going to bury Johnson for his slow start last year. Putting him below Turner is ridiculous though. Hope they fix it with the first roster update.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn...I knew they were going to bury Johnson for his slow start last year. Putting him below Turner is ridiculous though. Hope they fix it with the first roster update.[/QUOTE]

im thinking its more due to his serious injury he suffered last year hes lucky he didnt drop more

im surprised charles didnt drop more considering his serious injury EA must really like the guy. but im sure he will have a good recovery plus with hillis in the mix the chiefs offense looks pretty scary if they had a QB couldnt think of what they would look like if they had signed manning instead superbowl more than likely

[quote name='BigAT']Hey there gents, just wanted to give you guys a heads up that as of now I'm leaning towards not returning to the league for this year. I'll let you know if something changes between now and release.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. We're going to be handing out the spots next Monday, so you've got until then to decide whether you want the spot which is reserved for you. If not, you can always join later once there's room.

[quote name='DVO21']im surprised charles didnt drop more considering his serious injury EA must really like the guy. but im sure he will have a good recovery plus with hillis in the mix the chiefs offense looks pretty scary if they had a QB couldnt think of what they would look like if they had signed manning instead superbowl more than likely[/QUOTE]

Don't know if they'd go that far even with Manning. Just have to hope Charles is still the same guy.

And I expect CJ back to crack the top 5 before the year is over.

[quote name='Doomtime']Don't know if they'd go that far even with Manning. Just have to hope Charles is still the same guy.

And I expect CJ back to crack the top 5 before the year is over.[/QUOTE]

im no KC fan by any means

but if charles was the same guy he was before this year. and hillis in there taking hand offs as well just that is great.
KC has a great group of WRs way better than denver.
bowe breaston baldwin cant mess with the 3 B's
plus the TE's in KC one is going to be great and one is still pretty good.
the o line is becoming what is was a few years ago which KC has been known for there oline and RB's for a while now
and they finally have a decent some would even call good. but that D is young and i think at one point will be great with eric berry leading that defense.
so manning would put this young team over the top with a great legend he is. denver was a worst choice than KC and could have brought a superbowl to KC by 2014 easyly

which i would hate becuz my dad and brothers are all KC fans and i would never hear the end of it ever

[quote name='Doomtime']Don't know if they'd go that far even with Manning. Just have to hope Charles is still the same guy.

And I expect CJ back to crack the top 5 before the year is over.[/QUOTE]

KC gets a bad wrap in Madden, they're going to be pretty good this year if they can stay healthy. The lost 3 key players and almost won the division...and would've if dip shit Haley wouldn't have started Tyler Palko for 25% of the season. God I'm glad they fired him.

Edit: I don't know much about ACL tears but from what I've read a lot of folks are saying Charles looks sharper. Though when you don't see someone that good play for a year your judgement might be a bit skewed :D

Edit 2: Donny Moore said on Twitter that there is no date for the demo yet.

[quote name='staticz']KC gets a bad wrap in Madden, they're going to be pretty good this year if they can stay healthy. The lost 3 key players and almost won the division...and would've if dip shit Haley wouldn't have started Tyler Palko for 25% of the season. God I'm glad they fired him.

Edit: I don't know much about ACL tears but from what I've read a lot of folks are saying Charles looks sharper. Though when you don't see someone that good play for a year your judgement might be a bit skewed :D

Edit 2: Donny Moore said on Twitter that there is no date for the demo yet.[/QUOTE]

Which means it probably won't be until next week. :cry:

The Chiefs were a solid Madden team last year, but man Matt Cassel, I know I sound like a broken record, but my goodness... just... :puke: The rest of the team is awesome though, especially those linebackers.

I still think they can be very competitive in the AFC West.

[quote name='DVO21']im no KC fan by any means

but if charles was the same guy he was before this year. and hillis in there taking hand offs as well just that is great.
KC has a great group of WRs way better than denver.
bowe breaston baldwin cant mess with the 3 B's
plus the TE's in KC one is going to be great and one is still pretty good.
the o line is becoming what is was a few years ago which KC has been known for there oline and RB's for a while now
and they finally have a decent some would even call good. but that D is young and i think at one point will be great with eric berry leading that defense.
so manning would put this young team over the top with a great legend he is. denver was a worst choice than KC and could have brought a superbowl to KC by 2014 easyly

which i would hate becuz my dad and brothers are all KC fans and i would never hear the end of it ever[/QUOTE]

True, the defense is one of the best and their receivers are solid, but I don't see Palko or Cassel leading them to the promiseland when the spotlight is on them. Even with Manning, who knows though, he picked Denver :(

And Hillis, well, he's gone from Madden cover rock star to a headcase in a little less than a year. The Madden Curse hit him hard.

Update on spots:

CAG Username (qualification criteria)
1. bvharris (1,3,4) - Checked in
2. ubernes (1,4) - Checked in
3. siradam134 (1,3,4) - Checked in
4. BigAT (2,4) - Out
4. Mr Grand Cru (2,4) - Checked in
5. Doomtime (2,4) - Checked in
6. augmog (2,3,4) - Checked in
7. sprice8688 (2,3,4) - Checked in
8. MasterAwesome (3,4) - Checked in
9. itlnstln (3,4) - Checked in
10. RamesuThe1 (3,4) - Checked in
11. Matt Young (3,4) - Checked in
12. Tanabeo (3,4) - Checked in
13. Superstar (3,4) - Checked in
14. LVPatriots (3) - Checked in
15. staticz (3) - Checked in
16. PacerPerspect (4) - Checked in
18. Deuce20602 (4) - Waiting List
17. Zurezo (4) - Checked in
18. Appleinthetree (4) - Checked in
19. Darth0ftheDead (4) - Checked in
20. pitfallharry219 (4) - Checked in

Assuming BigAT and pitfallharry are both out (I'm confirming that), it brings the final total of auto spots to 19. That will give us 13 12 spots to allocate via the lottery.

edit: Pitfall is in.

Here are who is signed up now:
JoelyPoley - 1
theredworm - 3
og whitewidow - 5
VW Matsui - 1
bseti50 - 5
dvo21 - 5
neworlbush25 - 3
man2008 - 3
GPNinja - 5
Blade3D - 3
laboyz - 1
xcappax - 2
KtMack23 - 1
SaintsRow911 -1

We're at 14 right now, which means we should be able to take almost everyone. I do expect some more people to jump in before Monday though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I'm thinking about doing the lottery for the first 6 spots today. That will give those of you who have already signed up an early advantage over anyone who comes along in the next week. And there will still be 6 spots up for grabs next week if you didn't get in this time.

Thoughts?

bseti50
og whitewidow
theredworm
dvo21
gpninja
vw matsui

So 5 vets with multiple tickets, and one new player. THE SYSTEM WORKS!

The last 6 spots will be handed out when registration closes. We'll also do the waiting list at that time, so anyone who doesn't get in at first will be at the top of the list. And I'm sure there will be room in the other league.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Yaaaaaa, Widdow and BSeti are gonna be psyched.[/QUOTE]

I figured they would be. Widow's was the first name I drew, I only considered starting over for a second. :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']I figured they would be. Widow's was the first name I drew, I only considered starting over for a second. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, Glad the system worked.

[quote name='bvharris']I figured they would be. Widow's was the first name I drew, I only considered starting over for a second. :lol:[/QUOTE]
LOL :D:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

The 28th needs to hurry up and get here. :(

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Have you decided on an official starting day for the league yet?[/QUOTE]

Probably a couple of weeks after release so EA can push out roster updates and glitch fixes that will assuredly be issues on the initial release. Also so they can bump Kolb to the lowest QB rating ever after his horrendous Hall of Fame game stint.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Have you decided on an official starting day for the league yet?[/QUOTE]

What he said:

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']
Probably a couple of weeks after release so EA can push out roster updates and glitch fixes that will assuredly be issues on the initial release. [/QUOTE]

I'd say the earliest we'd start would be the first weekend in September, but no firm date yet. I'll also be on vacation the week after the game comes out, so that works out well for me. :D Though I'll likely be behind the curve practice-wise when the season starts.

[quote name='theredworm']did I miss it or have we chosen a day for choosing teams yet?
[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss it. We'll start the process after we finish the registration lottery.

We're hammering out the details on how it will work now though, so we'll likely have some info in the next few days.

[quote name='bvharris']bseti50
og whitewidow
theredworm
dvo21
gpninja
vw matsui

So 5 vets with multiple tickets, and one new player. THE SYSTEM WORKS!

The last 6 spots will be handed out when registration closes. We'll also do the waiting list at that time, so anyone who doesn't get in at first will be at the top of the list. And I'm sure there will be room in the other league.[/QUOTE]

-__-

Hope I can get in within the last 6 spots

[quote name='neworlbush25']-__-

Hope I can get in within the last 6 spots[/QUOTE]

All 4 guys with 5 tickets got in on the first round, so you'll have a very good shot in round two.

HOW WE ARE SELECTING TEAMS

We are ready to officially announce how we'll be selecting teams this year! We will be doing a lottery, but with a couple of rules to make things interesting as well as fair. I will outline it all for everyone below, but if you need me to explain anything further just let me know.

1. The Dolphins and Packers will be grandfathered to siradam and Matt, respectively. They are the only owners who have been in every season last year with the same team AND have held their team consecutively for the last few Maddens. Every other team is up for grabs!

2. Each owner will submit a Top 5 list of teams. There is going to be a good amount of strategy to this so here's where you'll want to pay attention. Your #1 choice would trump another owner's #2 choice. If more than one owner picks the same team as their #1 choice then names are pulled out of a hat.

Scenarios:
-Doomtime ranks the Chiefs as his #1 team. MasterAwesome ranks the Chiefs as his #2 team. No other owner ranks the Chiefs. Result: Doomtime automatically gets the Chiefs.

-Doomtime ranks the Chiefs as his #1 team. MasterAwesome also ranks the Chiefs as his #1 team. Cru ranks the Chiefs as his #3 team. Only Doomtime and MasterAwesome's names are added to lottery. Result: Winner of lottery gets the Chiefs.

3. We will first award everyone's #1 choices, then #2 and so on until all the teams added to a Top 5 list are assigned to an owner. Strategy tip: I would not add the most popular teams as your #2, #3, #4 or #5 choice. Teams you know other owners will select as their #1s (New England, for example). Any owner who picks a team as their #1 will have you beat, so for your non-#1 choices think of teams that will not be already taken at that point. Or aim for a #1 choice that others might not pick, so that you have little or no competition in that first round.

4. After we go through everyone's Top 5 there's a decent chance people will be without teams. We'll just repeat Steps 2 and 3 with a new set of Top 5 lists for those owners who didn't manage to get a team in the first round until all teams are filled.

We will be accepting Top 5 lists via PM (don't post these, unless you want your spot blown up) sometime next week after the final members are announced. And then we will begin announcing results throughout the day. We'll keep the suspense high, don't worry!

Let me know if you have any questions. Feedback welcome.

Damn that's an elaborate team selection process. I don't even think you guys need to actually play the game. Just keep doing team lotteries and have people bet on them, lol. It's like baccarat.

[quote name='ubernes']This was the toned down version btw. A couple weeks ago it was even more elaborate.[/QUOTE]

just sent mine in order

bread's done
Back