Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my GT is Pure If I. I am interested in playing in this league. I haven't played Madden since 12. I'm hoping it's been improved since I last played. I mostly played ultimate team, but I'm excited to try out league play.

i now have posting rights, so I can get the rest of my info up.

My gamertag is JCariello. I'm EST and for the moment readily available at pretty much any time. It will revert back to evenings after 7 soon enough but for the beginning of this I should be able to fit games in whenever.

I suck at Madden, but am pumped for this.
Sweet. Got the rest of your info added. Welcome to the league!

This seems to be the only place on CAG that's talking about Madden 15. I EA Access to play it early for a couple hours last night. I mainly messed around with exhibition and the skills trainer. Are there any good additions to the Connected Career mode?
Well, I haven't gotten into Connected Franchise beyond the initial creation menu yet, so I really can't say. From what EA has been showing though, it seems like better website/mobile integration is definitely an improvement.

Hey, my GT is Pure If I. I am interested in playing in this league. I haven't played Madden since 12. I'm hoping it's been improved since I last played. I mostly played ultimate team, but I'm excited to try out league play.
Cool. Welcome to the league. Posting your time zone and general availability would be helpful too.

And again, all new members, please read through the rules and policies in the first post of this thread just so you can familiarize yourself with what's expected of you.

Cool. Welcome to the league. Posting your time zone and general availability would be helpful too.

And again, all new members, please read through the rules and policies in the first post of this thread just so you can familiarize yourself with what's expected of you.
Oh, yeah, I'm CST, and school starts tomorrow so I'm not positive on my availability just yet, but most likely it will be wednesday's and weekends. I read through all the rules before I posted. I generally agreed with all of them except maybe the one about playing against the CPU. I don't particularly understand why I would have to put in the backups if I was up on the CPU. I guess that's because I'm not familiar with the player XP thing you seemed to describe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, yeah, I'm CST, and school starts tomorrow so I'm not positive on my availability just yet, but most likely it will be wednesday's and weekends. I read through all the rules before I posted. I generally agreed with all of them except maybe the one about playing against the CPU. I don't particularly understand why I would have to put in the backups if I was up on the CPU. I guess that's because I'm not familiar with the player XP thing you seemed to describe.
Well, the general policy is "play like a real coach". And we play five minute quarters (granted, you can do things a little more quickly in Madden than in real life)...so any coach with a 3 score lead with 5 minutes left in the game is going to bring in backups. In real life...the reason would be to not risk injury in a game that is "out of reach". This reason is applicable to Madden. You'd probably feel pretty stupid if you were winning 28-7 with 4:10 left in the game, and you ran the ball with your starting RB and he injured his knee and was lost for the season.

Now, you might say "Well...that's my choice to risk it." And I would agree, but that's where XP does come into play. The XP leveling system is a little questionable to begin with. It rewards the people who put up the biggest numbers with the most points to improve their players. In a way, it makes eense...but at the same time, the people putting up the biggest numbers are probably pretty good at Madden already. So, it basically turns into a "rich get richer" scenario, and increases the gap between the best and worst players in the league..

Some of it is unavoidable. But these rules are there to at least mitigate it as best we can. Nobody needs to be throwing for 9 TDs or running for 400 yards in one game. I mean, if it happens before the 4th quarter, it happens...but if that were the case, surely, the person wouldn't need to continue racking up yards in the 4th. These policies are basically just reminders for people to let off the gas. Even against the CPU, yeah...there won't be hurt feelings, but it still makes the scoreboard look pretty stupid.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Send you a PM to sign up. Count me in.
Cool. Just saw it. My only concern is if you're only available after 10PM PT, that's going to be rough on our ET (and really, even CT) members. I'm more than happy to let you try it out...but if a conflict of schedules came up where a time just couldn't be worked out, I generally side with the person with the larger/more reasonable availability...and let them play the other person's CPU.

Not trying to discourage you from joining. Just trying to keep things transparent. But yeah, if that's cool with you, you're more than welcome to join.

To the new members, feel free to add me on Xbox Live if you want. Now that we can have more than 100 friends, it seems convenient to add everyone.

Gamertag: The Matt Young

Please let me know who you are in a message on here or Live just as a reference.

EDIT: What is the default quarter length? Mine was set at 6 minutes, but I just realized that maybe that was due to those universal settings that carried over from Madden 25.

Similar question regarding the game speed: it seems like Normal would be the default, but mine was set at Slow and I have no idea why.

To the new members, feel free to add me on Xbox Live if you want. Now that we can have more than 100 friends, it seems convenient to add everyone.

Gamertag: The Matt Young

Please let me know who you are in a message on here or Live just as a reference.

EDIT: What is the default quarter length? Mine was set at 6 minutes, but I just realized that maybe that was due to those universal settings that carried over from Madden 25.

Similar question regarding the game speed: it seems like Normal would be the default, but mine was set at Slow and I have no idea why.
For whatever reason, I didn't notice a setting for "game speed"...but I did notice the default quarter length being 6 minutes...but accelerated clock being on is also default. In the games I've played, I've been reverting the settings to "normal league standards" of 5 minute quarters and no accelerated clock, and it feels right. Ultimately, I feel like there's no need for a game to take more than 45 minutes. And with all the new pre-play commands this year and the delay, I couldn't imagine using accelerated clock.

Also I don't know if any of you guys do Fantasy Football but if you do I'm the Commish of a 5$ Entry League on NFL.com with 1st place collecting the money. I need some members for the draft next Sunday August 31. Trying to get 10-14 players. Let me know.

If anybody wants to get some practice in online send me a challenge. I'll be on xbox a lot today and my gamer tag is Jetsetpoker.

I'm hoping one of you guys can answer this question for me.

Thanks to generous deals/promos, I have 3 Madden ps4 preorder cards from Target/Walmart. I am picking up a preorder copy from
BB today. Does anyone know if can redeem the walmart/target bonuses and have them stack along with the BB ultimate team preorder?

copule things. gs charged me only 60 bucks for the ultimate edition. 2nd i never got the pre order ut code :/ maybe it will be email it was not on sale slip.

just so any that got ut version knows they don't put the draft class pack in unopen pack they give you the coins needed to buy the pack and have to buy it 

*sigh* KMart screwed up my order because, apparently, their heads explode if you use your SYWR points before your pre-order ships (though, why they don't immediately take the points out of your account when you place the order, i'll never know). Anyway...I had to get them to redo it to make sure I get the points from Madden, so my game won't be here until Thursday. Shit happens. Such is life, haha.

Which camera angle do you guys prefer on defense? I love the look of the new defensive perspective and it works great if you're blitzing or controlling a linebacker in zone defense. But as far as switching players during the action and actual playability, I thought it sucked and quickly went back to the standard camera from previous Madden games.

i like the new zoom cam for running can see holes well. i LOVE you can change cam on the fly really sweet. For me i really like the little touches they changed and made better in this game. the wr going after balls looks really cool defense is so fun to play.

well just realized i never got the pre order mut stuff and stadium on gamestop slip now have ot waste time and go back to store

Timbo, that's for offense, though. Changing camera angles is nice except that leaving that feature on disables the ability to use the strategy pad.

Jhweathers: I will. I never was super active in MUT but always tried it. This year's MUT looks greatly streamlined and improved. I played a couple solo challenges with the 6 hour trial. Gamertag is "The Matt Young".

Timbo, that's for offense, though. Changing camera angles is nice except that leaving that feature on disables the ability to use the strategy pad.

Jhweathers: I will. I never was super active in MUT but always tried it. This year's MUT looks greatly streamlined and improved. I played a couple solo challenges with the 6 hour trial. Gamertag is "The Matt Young".
what is for offense i can use zoom cam on def as well

You mentioned finding the holes when running.

WHAT THE fuck, AMAZON? I normally think they are great, but I just got an email today saying my Amazon Prime order of the Xbox One standard edition of Madden 15 suffered an "unexpected delay" and could not be shipped til September 10 at the earliest. That is ludicrous.

You mentioned finding the holes when running.

WHAT THE fuck, AMAZON? I normally think they are great, but I just got an email today saying my Amazon Prime order of the Xbox One standard edition of Madden 15 suffered an "unexpected delay" and could not be shipped til September 10 at the earliest. That is ludicrous.
Wow...that's really weird. Makes me feel better about KMart "dun goofing" on me though. Knowing Amazon though...they'll update your shipping date to tomorrow, lol. There's no way that date is accurate. I would still do a chat and figure out what the hell happened though.

I will be buying the game from Target or Best Buy tonight, but I left the Amazon order open so I can try to find out what happened. Maybe they'll give me some small amount of credit or something, although I am not expecting anything.

so nhl got nbc license wonder why ea just did not go get cbs license for madden would be better then saying nfl on ea sports. Seeing they already pretty much have look of cbs stuff.

so nhl got nbc license wonder why ea just did not go get cbs license for madden would be better then saying nfl on ea sports. Seeing they already pretty much have look of cbs stuff.
Probably because the Madden dev team actually focused on making a better game. Yeah, NHL got the NBC license...and the presentation looks great. But they also removed 6-7 game modes (including almost all online modes...no online teamplay or online leagues) and botched the new commentary. NHL 15 on next gen is going to be like Madden 06 was on 360.

Digital my friends, digital.

My early impressions:

1. I love the zoom camera on offense.

2. I'm torn on the defensive perspective camera. I feel as though adjustments and audibles slip out of my mind in this view. Also, it is difficult to switch players, you almost have to rely on the defense AI to make a play. Switching back to the standard camera looks decidedly last gen for some reason, which is why I keep going back to the defensive perspective camera.

3. Presentation is nice, I'm sure I'll tire of it but for now I actually like watching the cut scenes, halftime show, etc. 

A lot of the reviews made mention of how 'fun' defense is now. I see that in some respects, but you almost feel useless/helpless with the new camera angles when the play goes the other way. 

So far I'm loving this years madden probably more than any 360 era madden. The game just feels more like a football game now.

I ended up buying my digital after flipping 2 cod ghosts to BB. With EA Access it was only $54.

Here's an "NFL 15 Ultimate Team Content" code I got from previously preordering. I don't play sports game and only preorder as part of Walmart's deal with trade ins so hopefully someone else can use it.

TG3MT-7KXJ6-4RPD6-FFF7R-3QCVZ

Here's an "NFL 15 Ultimate Team Content" code I got from previously preordering. I don't play sports game and only preorder as part of Walmart's deal with trade ins so hopefully someone else can use it. TG3MT-7KXJ6-4RPD6-FFF7R-3QCVZ
Thanks, but someone already redeemed it.

Regarding digital games, I have a lot, but they were all deeply discounted or free. If there's a physical release, no chance of me paying anything more than half that for the digital version.

well after reading up on madden 15 Seems like if you pre order madden 15 ut edition you DO NOT get the ut pre order stuff. Well i wish gamestop would have told people that or at least gave us the sweet gamestop stadium.

yeah im not fan of madden def cone but i do love the diff ways you can now tackle.
Yeah, I do like that. I was making a joke referring to Nate's comparison of the Xbox One version of NHL 15 and its lack of features to the way Madden 06 was on Xbox 360. Hence the vision cone remark.

oh yeah the passing cone was just dumb  felt like a way for them to make accuracy count with out doing it with qb stat numbers. it was  more annoying then fun and always turned it off.

just side note this madden still has the same lackluster super bowl celebration they used since like madden 10 same animations and everything lol. 

Amazon fucked up again, but they ended up making up for it in a big way. After the shipping delay debacle, I bought Madden from Best Buy and canceled my Amazon order. They denied my cancellation request even though the shipping date was September 10. Then they charged me today and shipped the damn game.

The great news is that I emailed Amazon and explained what happened. They issued a refund for the cost of the game and noted that I am free to do whatever I want with the copy they shipped. No need to send it back.

So I still got Madden last night even though it involved a lot of hassle. I still got the Amazon preorder bonus. And now I can take the copy Amazon has sent and return it to Best Buy, meaning I got Madden for free. Thanks, Amazon!

All right, guys. The game is out. Sign ups seem to have slowed down. I'll start addressing the team selection process pretty soon. In all likelihood, it will be a weighted lottery, similar to how the Official League has done things in the past. I just sent siradam a PM to get his input on it...and see if he's got any advice/ideas.

To help us get a head start though, if everybody would respond to give us an idea of how many seasons everybody has played for each year of Madden across both leagues, that would make things go a little quicker once the process is totally nailed down. I'm undecided on whether seasons played in both leagues for the same year should be added together (which would give a small group of people a distinct advantage). OR if we should just consider the higher number.

Anyway, feel free to start getting this info back in (see next post). Oh, and if you're brand new to the league and haven't participated in any seasons, you can just post with "New". I don't expect people to type 8 zeros, haha. :)

(Putting the "form" in a new post to make it easier to reply to)

Game | League | Total League Seasons | Number of Seasons Participated In

Madden 10 | Official League | 3 | ?

Madden 11 | Official League | 3 | ?

Madden 12 | Official League | 5 | ?

Madden 12 | JV League | 3 | ?

Madden 13 | Official League | 4 | ?

Madden 13 | Gentlemen's League | 3 | ?

Madden 25 | Official League | 3 | ?

Madden 25 | Fan's League | 3 | ?

I am going to need some help from you guys if possible. I don't know the number of seasons in total. I've been in every single season of the official league since we started, which was in Madden 09, I believe

Regarding Nate's leagues, that's even harder for me to recall since I haven't played in every one, but I have probably played in more than half.

Does anyone have a record of this type of stuff? Not my participation, obviously, but the number of seasons with each game.

I am going to need some help from you guys if possible. I don't know the number of seasons in total. I've been in every single season of the official league since we started, which was in Madden 09, I believe

Regarding Nate's leagues, that's even harder for me to recall since I haven't played in every one, but I have probably played in more than half.

Does anyone have a record of this type of stuff? Not my participation, obviously, but the number of seasons with each game.
Um...the post above you has that information, lol ;)

:lol:

Here's my numbers as an example.

Game | League | Total League Seasons | Number of Seasons Participated In

Madden 10 | Official League | 3 | 1

Madden 11 | Official League | 3 | 0

Madden 12 | Official League | 5 | 2

Madden 12 | JV League | 3 | 3

Madden 13 | Official League | 4 | 0

Madden 13 | Gentlemen's League | 3 | 3

Madden 25 | Official League | 3 | 0

Madden 25 | Fan's League | 3 | 3

Damn you! You posted that while I was writing and trying not to get run over by the cartoonish tumbleweed that was my 2 dogs wrestling all over the living room.

Madden 10 | Official League | 3 | 0

Madden 11 | Official League | 3 | 0

Madden 12 | Official League | 5 | 0

Madden 12 | JV League | 3 | 0

Madden 13 | Official League | 4 | 0

Madden 13 | Gentlemen's League | 3 | 0

Madden 25 | Official League | 3 | 3

Madden 25 | Fan's League | 3 | 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back