Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im getting the 70 doller version with 40 bucks of mut so will pass on that offer of s.g
Why not pay $10 for 6 more packs at launch?

FYI you only get 4 packs (3 Pro plus the 2014 Draft) at launch in that edition (plus your preorder bonus.) The other 30 or so packs come to you 3 per week for 10 weeks and if you forget to log in to redeem them, you lose them.

Are you sure you lose them if you don't log in? That seems unusual since that was not how it worked with NHL 14. The weekly HUT bonus packs from preorders just piled up in the collection.

If any of you guys still have Madden 25, best buy is giving $25 for PS4/XB1 copies and $15 for PS3/360 copies this week along with a $10 off Madden 15 coupon. Good upgrade deal

i doudt you lose them i had the direct tv edition last year and after not playing mut for like 3 weeks i had 3 packs waiting for me
Really? I am 99% sure I lost some packs last year when I forgot to log in a few times. It was really disappointing, but I thought MUT was sort of mediocre last year anyway. It hasn't been good since '12.

Really? I am 99% sure I lost some packs last year when I forgot to log in a few times. It was really disappointing, but I thought MUT was sort of mediocre last year anyway. It hasn't been good since '12.
Yes I lost packs as well when I went back to check. I was able to get active codes for both 360 and PS3 from copies at GS that had been traded in and I had traded the games before the season was up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i pretty much play madden every day with 100 percent internet access so even if it does happen you lose packs it will never affect me so ut edition is 100 percent worth the money. 

Also i agree mut has gone stale for most ea sports games at this point. I also almost never play online seeing people do stupid things all i do is play single player stuff.  

I also think MUT hasn't been good since 12. It jumped the shark when it became obvious and almost insulting that all they cared about was making money off of it. I mean, that was always the purpose of Ultimate Team. But at least in 12, they did a decent job masking it.

Cards were worth more to sell, collections didn't have 40+ cards in them, and they didn't have these ultra, special, only available for 5 days, cards that you basically HAD to play for if you wanted any shot at them. The most challenging thing in 12 became getting the bronze cards...which maybe seemed stupid, but it was better balanced than the way it is now.

Ultimate Team used to actually be about collecting cards and completing collections. Now, it's about giving EA as much of your money as possible. This is a direct quote from EA's financial reports on EA.com.

EA’s Ultimate Team services generated more than $380 million* in fiscal year 2014, with Madden Ultimate Team growing 90% year-over-year.

http://www.ea.com/news/electronic-arts-reports-q4-fy14-and-fy14-financial-results
I seriously doubt MUT revenue is growing 90% each year from more people playing. It's from them finding new ways to get into your wallet. Most likely, I won't touch MUT this year. I'm much happier saving $20 on the game by pre-ordering it from Kmart, lol.

i remember in i think was madden 13 i was able to make a 92 overall rank mut team by just doing collections and getting tons of coins for it and was easy to do seeing most collections had like 10 or so cards. i think that year i spent maybe ten bucks. madden 25 i tried to do the same and was just not possible unless you played alot/spent tons of money 

i remember in i think was madden 13 i was able to make a 92 overall rank mut team by just doing collections and getting tons of coins for it and was easy to do seeing most collections had like 10 or so cards. i think that year i spent maybe ten bucks. madden 25 i tried to do the same and was just not possible unless you played alot/spent tons of money
Yeah, last year was like a kick in the nuts. I don't think I completed more than 2 collections. It just felt like an exercise in futility. The collections were either huge, for a limited time, or involved rare cards. The thing that makes you want to continue playing MUT is feeling like you're making progress and accomplishing something. Completing one collection makes you want to complete more collections (and even spend a little money). Madden 25 had none of that. Just a pure greed business model.

I also think MUT hasn't been good since 12. It jumped the shark when it became obvious and almost insulting that all they cared about was making money off of it. I mean, that was always the purpose of Ultimate Team. But at least in 12, they did a decent job masking it.

Cards were worth more to sell, collections didn't have 40+ cards in them, and they didn't have these ultra, special, only available for 5 days, cards that you basically HAD to play for if you wanted any shot at them. The most challenging thing in 12 became getting the bronze cards...which maybe seemed stupid, but it was better balanced than the way it is now.

Ultimate Team used to actually be about collecting cards and completing collections. Now, it's about giving EA as much of your money as possible. This is a direct quote from EA's financial reports on EA.com.

I seriously doubt MUT revenue is growing 90% each year from more people playing. It's from them finding new ways to get into your wallet. Most likely, I won't touch MUT this year. I'm much happier saving $20 on the game by pre-ordering it from Kmart, lol.
Yeah, the appeal of MUT for me was building your team from random packs. It was fun to start your team with 3rd stringers you had never heard of and build your way up. I can't stand how now it is lower rated starters, like 75 rated Jerry Rice or 70 rated Peyton Manning. It seems ridiculous to have so many different versions of cards.

They also made collections nearly impossible. I don't think I completed any in Madden 25. Not even the Ultra RARE Halloween Limited Edition Dolphins Superstar Collection or anything close to that.

I would like to join the league.  

I have never played in a Madden league before so this is going to be a learning experience.

My schedule is pretty busy (MBA and young child) but I can commit to be able to play at least 2-3 weekdays after 9pm Central and Sundays before the NFL kickoff.   If not having a set schedule is a deal breaker I understand.

Look forward to playing.

Xbox Live Gamertag: LaMeRz

I guess sign me up to. Haven't really played a Madden game in years but I'm sure after a couple games I'll get the hang of it. I'm free Monday - Friday about 5:30 - 11:00 p.m. and usually free on the weekends. Gamertag is Outlaw420247

no madden demo at least on x1 unless you pay for access you will have to wait until retail game to play. NO word yet if this is for all systems i would say yes if i had to guess.

no madden demo at least on x1 unless you pay for access you will have to wait until retail game to play. NO word yet if this is for all systems i would say yes if i had to guess.
What??? Pay for access? What the hell does that mean? I actually was noticing last night that demos on the X1 are severely lacking. Maybe companies are starting to not see purpose in them? I mean, a lot of games on Steam don't have demos...but then again, not many of them cost $60 either.

EDIT - Wait, are you talking the EA subscription service thing? Meaning the 5 day early download is the only way to try the game before launch?

I would like to join the league.

I have never played in a Madden league before so this is going to be a learning experience.

My schedule is pretty busy (MBA and young child) but I can commit to be able to play at least 2-3 weekdays after 9pm Central and Sundays before the NFL kickoff. If not having a set schedule is a deal breaker I understand.

Look forward to playing.

Xbox Live Gamertag: LaMeRz
No, that shouldn't be a problem. It might be a little difficult for some of the east coasters, but you're more than welcome to try it out and see how it goes.

I guess sign me up to. Haven't really played a Madden game in years but I'm sure after a couple games I'll get the hang of it. I'm free Monday - Friday about 5:30 - 11:00 p.m. and usually free on the weekends. Gamertag is Outlaw420247
Cool! Welcome aboard!

What??? Pay for access? What the hell does that mean? I actually was noticing last night that demos on the X1 are severely lacking. Maybe companies are starting to not see purpose in them? I mean, a lot of games on Steam don't have demos...but then again, not many of them cost $60 either.

EDIT - Wait, are you talking the EA subscription service thing? Meaning the 5 day early download is the only way to try the game before launch?
yes it is NO system is getting madden demo. like i said in x1 page seems like game demos are thing of the past the amount of time and moey it takes seems like they decided to no longer do them in industry.

What does this actually give you? Seems 'too good to be true' to me, but I might not understand it at all :/
Access to Madden 25, Battlefield 4, Fifa '4 and Peggle 2 for as long as you have the subscription. You also get five day early access to games. How much will be playable is unknown. You also get 10% off any EA digital downloads (Games, DLC, etc).

No discount on Titanfall stuff, though. The app can be downloaded for free and shows you which games are part of it. The 4 games listed above are the current "vault games". EA says that they have no intentions to remove games from the vault, only to add more. You get the full game download and retain access to all vault titles as long as your subcription remains active.

Interesting. I have all of those except for FIFA thoguh. Guess I will have to keep an eye on it. Hate to say it but I mostly play EA games :/

Maybe if they added NFS I would sign up. Of course that would mean turning on my X1 :D

A good portion of the EA Access info was still unverified...so, I'm taking it out as not to spread more internet wildfires.

But still...

EA can resume blowing me, lol. :lol:

the thing is why would they allow unlimited play with ea season ticket on last gen but cut it out on xbox one? i think all that is bs lies from that so called insider. Ea already said NO game will be removed from service 

That would be cool if they add Madden 15 right after this season is over. Then I could trade it in superbowl weekend when it would probably have pretty good value. They selling the subscription cards at any stores yet?

the thing is why would they allow unlimited play with ea season ticket on last gen but cut it out on xbox one? i think all that is bs lies from that so called insider. Ea already said NO game will be removed from service
Looking into it further, it looks like only portions of it are actually verified. Good old internet rearing its ugly head again, haha. Going to edit out that post so nobody bases decisions on it.

Gonna feel weird and really suck not having the demo this year. Almost feel like I'm being forced to subscribe to EA Access, and I'm most likely gonna give in.

10% off madden  ($6) pays for a month of EA Access ($5)

It is pretty much the only reason I signed up for it.

ton of footage is hitting youtube today. Game looks really impressive seems like qb accuracy has been fixed huge this year. im stocked for next thurs to play this game. 

I've heard that during the early access for Madden 15, that there will be a time limit on the amount of time you can play it.

I've heard that during the early access for Madden 15, that there will be a time limit on the amount of time you can play it.
if they do that and still give 360/ps3 players still unlimited access with season tickets that would be awful and really pee people off. I just don't see why they would not use the base of season ticket for sports games.

Watched some more gameplay of it today. I like the camera angles and especially the presentation. Seems like with some camera angles it could be a pain in the ass though.

Watched some more gameplay of it today. I like the camera angles and especially the presentation. Seems like with some camera angles it could be a pain in the ass though.
yeah can't wait to see what they have in store for the new pre/halftime shows i hope it's not bad seeing they have talked zero about it.

Veteran madden league member. Never been in a cag league. Can I join?
Do you communicate on here or via group me
You're welcome to join. You should read through the first post of this thread and familiarize yourself with the league rules and policies...and get a feel for how things work. I'm married with a child, so I don't give out my number or do any of the phone chat stuff. Bookmarking this thread would be a good idea, as it will be the source of 99% of communication (the first post even has links for each member so you can easily send private messages through CAG).

I've always maintained that CAG private message SHOULD be the best way to get in touch with people, since you can set up notifications to email you any time you get a PM. XBL message or anything else could easily be missed (I know I definitely don't turn my Xbox One on every day)...but most people check their email at least once a day.

If all that sounds good to you, feel free to post your sign up information in the thread. Thanks!

So the early access thing is limited to 6 hours with the full game. I bet people who thought they were getting the full game for the whole time until it launched are pissed.

But, really, you're kind of an idiot if you expected anything else from EA.

I had no expectations, so I don't care, but 6 hours is a weird number. What happens if you're in the middle of a game? Does it just cut off?

six hours of gameplay will last me all weekend. if i want madden fix i just play madden 25 after that six hours ends that by the way i got for free with access. 

i don't know if anyone else seen all the footage on the tube of in game. When i watch it for me it looks and plays ALOT like past ncaa games which is great. i always enjoyed ncaa gameplay over madden in recent years. My guess is alot of ncaa team jump to madden this year which is possible why. One negative i have seen is that seems like foot planting is GONE and guys can turn around and run another direction pretty easy like last gen.

6 hours is a weird number, but it's enough for me. Lets me get familiar with the game and get a taste of what to expect out of the game come release day.

Ehh...I don't think it's worth it for 6 hours. I'm sorry, but that really does make it a glorified demo. Yes, I get that Ultimate Team servers are going to be up...but seriously, any time spent in menus is just wasting your 6 hours. It's also kind of dumb that they extended the early release from 3 days to 5 days...but you get less time to play. Download it 5 days early, burn through your time in 2 days...then not be able to do anything with the game for 3 days, lol. I'll just wait till 8/26.

And yes, Matt, I'm sure it will cut you off mid game if you hit your 6 hours. Timed trials on XBL have always worked this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back