Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Got both of you guys added to the OP. We're up to 17 members now. Over half full! :)

Really not sure how many to expect on Xbox One. But we're getting there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just preordered the Madden and XBox One combo at GameStop. Can't wait to get the season rolling!

P.S. I'm now on Eastern time and have a flexible schedule with hours that change week to week.

I'm buying Madden on release day and would like to be in the league.

Weekdays from 7-12est and weekends are open for me!

Gamertag: mrwazeleski

I would love to join if there's any free spots.

I was in a league with some of you last year but had to drop out because I switched to Xbox One.

Gamertag: RevCottonMarcus

any idea when league will start up if it will be next week? i think with labor day weekend next weekend might be bet to wait to start the week after just my opinion on the matter.

I'm buying Madden on release day and would like to be in the league.

Weekdays from 7-12est and weekends are open for me!

Gamertag: mrwazeleski
I would love to join if there's any free spots.

I was in a league with some of you last year but had to drop out because I switched to Xbox One.

Gamertag: RevCottonMarcus
Cool! Welcome to you both! I've got you added to the member list now.

I also had one other person PM me to sign up. I guess he's lurked on CAG for a long time, but never signed up for an account. So, he can't post in the thread just yet.

That puts us up to 20 members now. Starting to look pretty respectable! Definitely encouraged by that! :)

any idea when league will start up if it will be next week? i think with labor day weekend next weekend might be bet to wait to start the week after just my opinion on the matter.
Unless we get a majority opinion that has strong reasons for doing it differently, we usually wait until the Week 1 roster update is out. In the past, most people have wanted to have accurate rosters locked in before starting any league activity. Anyone have a reason to not wait?

Just preordered the Madden and XBox One combo at GameStop. Can't wait to get the season rolling!

P.S. I'm now on Eastern time and have a flexible schedule with hours that change week to week.
Noted and updated in the OP. Thanks for letting me know!

I've been trying to hold out, but the Madden bug is starting to itch...
Ooooh...better scratch it. Spots are starting to fill up. Only 12 openings left... :whee:

I don't know if any of you have EA Access but starting today you get 6 hours with madden 15. If anybody wants to play a exhibition game hit me up. Gamer tag is Jetsetpoker

Hmm...that's not as bad as I thought it would be. I can still probably hold out for Tuesday though. My new Oculus Rift will be here tomorrow. I wouldn't even remember I had Madden after that, haha. :)

If anybody else is having trouble getting the game to load EA is working on it. I believe it's a problem for everybody. I can't load mine. It keeps asking for the disc.

Last year the connected careers rosters didnt update with roster updated. Right ?
Yeah, it was weird. CC rosters were separate from the regular online roster update. I can't really see EA becoming incredibly more efficient, haha, so I would imagine it will work the same way.

For any of you without EA Access or waiting for the full game, I thought I would post a couple early impressions. I have played like three games total. 

1. People are still dicks online. Please don't go for it on 4th and 23. 

2. Defense feels completely different. Many buttons, such as hit stick, are remapped. There are also new controls like conservative tackling and strafing. 

3. The new camera angles are neat, but I can't imagine anyone using them for competitive play. They flip the screen around so it's from the defense's perspective. It is really hard to see behind you in that angle. 

4. A couple lines of new announcer dialog is there, but all your favorites from last year (And 13) are there too. 

5. MUT seems to fix a lot of last years problems. It's probably too early to tell though. 

6. Passing seems much more difficult as the computer is better at playing the quick cuts. 

Edit: 7. Also, I really don't like the play calling screen. It makes it so difficult to find the formation you're looking for. 

So we shouldn't wait to start
Considering the preseason rosters were a mess last year, we probably should. IIRC, players were organized on the depth charts wrong, etc. Probably should wait until at least the Opening Week Rosters are out, but that's just my opinion.

For any of you without EA Access or waiting for the full game, I thought I would post a couple early impressions. I have played like three games total.

frabz-really-bc5c51.jpg

So we shouldn't wait to start
I might have misunderstood your initial question. If you were asking if they CONTINUOUSLY update throughout the course of the franchise...then, no they don't. What I was referring to was the first update of the year, for whatever reason, EA would update the rosters for just regular online ranked play first...and then the CC rosters were updated a few days later. Like you couldn't take the ranked roster update and use it for CC.

We should at least wait for the CC roster update, so team's will have a solid 53 man roster, rather than dealing with training camp flunkies or players that might still be free agents.

2. Defense feels completely different. Many buttons, such as hit stick, are remapped. There are also new controls like conservative tackling and strafing.

3. The new camera angles are neat, but I can't imagine anyone using them for competitive play. They flip the screen around so it's from the defense's perspective. It is really hard to see behind you in that angle.

4. A couple lines of new announcer dialog is there, but all your favorites from last year (And 13) are there too.

5. MUT seems to fix a lot of last years problems. It's probably too early to tell though.

6. Passing seems much more difficult as the computer is better at playing the quick cuts.

Edit: 7. Also, I really don't like the play calling screen. It makes it so difficult to find the formation you're looking for.
1. Aw man, no way... :lol:

2. That's cool. Defense needed a facelift. As long as coverage isn't shit, that could be a good thing.

3. Yeah, I got that impression from the videos. Kind of like the Be A Pro "action camera" in NHL. It always looked "cool", but was a terrible way to play the game.

4. Not surprising. Kind of makes you wonder how many years ago they recorded the line "Johnny Football", haha.

5. For sure too early. All they have to do to ruin it is add 40 new collections on Tuesday.

6. That's good to hear.

7. Is it really different from the old "by formation, by type, by player, etc" method?

this madden is legit. The defenders man do they jump passes well. dl guys after all these years get legit pressure on qb. The new swim move is amazing when done right. rb's fine small holes and go into them and not fall over like idiots like last year.

oh and man do i love the cbs feel to this game. after first qt i even got a coming out of commercial tv ad from snickers that made me chuckle. The half time show is what i expected but will admit i think it's time madden get's what ncaa has had for years stats and highlights from other games.

one thing about the look that annoys me is that they went back to the fake looking flat grass.

So, um...since I caved on EA Access like a cheap whore, my download stopped at 37% but said "Play Trial". So, I did...and now most of the menu options have a padlock over them and say "installing", but I can't see it doing anything. I've exited out and looked at the dl status several times, and it's just stuck on 37%. Anybody know what this is?

EDIT - Nevermind. Just rebooted my XB1 and all is fine. 100% installed and everything playable. Not sure if that was a lingering effect from the problems they had earlier, but that was weird.

I'm really liking the game thus far. Quarterback accuracy seems to be where its needs to be so far while playing around on MUT. I can't stress this enough though, defense is actually fun to play with for once.

Alright. Much like N8 I deserve an EA tramp stamp. Count me in.

GT: staticzv2

Availability: Anytime between 9CST - Midnight. Other times are likely ok, but would need to be negotiated with my 8 month old daughter.

The new camera angles intrigue me. For me, I always prefer the 2k camera over broadcast and I have always hoped that Madden would give us some different angles to mess around with. How much of the presentation aspect has been stripped from online play?

Impressions from the brief time I spent with the game last night:

Overall the gameplay seems pretty solid. As others mentioned, QB accuracy is much more varied. If you're not playing with a top level QB, you're going to miss throws. This SHOULD force people to shape their offense accordingly.

I'm not sure if defense is just way better or if the blocking got worse, but running the ball seemed a bit tougher. I need to test it more though because it did seem like there were times where runs to the outside could be super effective again.

I HATE the zoom camera. It's freaking terrible. Nothing like a view where you can't see your outermost blocker (TE, WR...and sometimes even your T), so you don't know whether to bounce the run outside or cut back inside. The fact that this is the default view is one of those reminders that this is still an EA Sports game. I'm guessing 99.9% of people will switch back to standard almost immediately.

I'll have to look specifically at the Connected Franchise options, but when doing a Play Now game, I saw an option for "even teams". The explanation was something like boosting player ratings for the lower rated team so that neither team had an advantage. Not sure if that's anything we'd be interested in for the league, or if it would make things "too boring" or screw up trades, but it's definitely intriguing to me. Feel free to weigh in on this one, guys.

yeah that stuff pretty much has me legit saying madden 15 is the true next gen madden we wanted for awhile now. madden 25 was pretty much a rushed product.

MUT packs will be distributed over a 4 week period this year. For the standard edition(with 11 pro pack preorder bonus) you get 3 packs at launch and 2 packs a week over a 4 week period.

i now have posting rights, so I can get the rest of my info up. 

My gamertag is JCariello.  I'm EST and for the moment readily available at pretty much any time.  It will revert back to evenings after 7 soon enough but for the beginning of this I should be able to fit games in whenever.  

I suck at Madden, but am pumped for this.  

Welcome, Heidenreich. I have 2 questions for you, if you don't mind.

1. Who was "Little Johnny"?

2. Do you plan on sharing any of your poetry with us here?

This seems to be the only place on CAG that's talking about Madden 15. I EA Access to play it early for a couple hours last night. I mainly messed around with exhibition and the skills trainer. Are there any good additions to the Connected Career mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back