Mario Kart Wii - Gen. Discussion & Info

haha wow I found DD to be terribly easy. I beat everything 100% in like 1-2 days (grand prix, mirror...everything), and I dont think I had to retry any cup more than once or twice. I returned it right after that cause it got boring and there was nothing left to beat...

I really like the commercials as well. Especially the one that is showing the different cars. Funny stuff and so much better than the "Wii would like to play" commercials.

[quote name='Spades22']haha wow I found DD to be terribly easy. I beat everything 100% in like 1-2 days (grand prix, mirror...everything), and I dont think I had to retry any cup more than once or twice. I returned it right after that cause it got boring and there was nothing left to beat...[/QUOTE]
That's awesome dude. Tell us more.

The Europe release had sales before their street date, so I'm hoping we'll get a few (and hoping once more it'll be in my neck of the woods). Any updates on broken street dates appreciated.

[quote name='dothog']That's awesome dude. Tell us more.

The Europe release had sales before their street date, so I'm hoping we'll get a few (and hoping once more it'll be in my neck of the woods). Any updates on broken street dates appreciated.[/quote]

haha I was expecting this...I tried to sound less cocky but I couldn't phrase it any better. It's just that easy :p

[quote name='wanderingheel']are there any good deals on pre-orders out there on this?[/QUOTE]
Wal-mart gives you a bumper sticker.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']so where are CAGs getting their copy at?[/QUOTE]

I am most likely going Saturday to trade in 2 games and pick this up for $10. Gamestop. (I can still do this on Saturday, mirite?)

No midnite launch for this? No tournaments? :whistle2:(

[quote name='greyzieoriental']so where are CAGs getting their copy at?[/quote]

Right now, Sam's Club, Fullerton, CA.

[quote name='lilboo']No midnite launch for this? No tournaments? :whistle2:([/quote]

Sam's are doing midnight openings. I don't know of any tourneys, though...

[quote name='lilboo']I am most likely going Saturday to trade in 2 games and pick this up for $10. Gamestop. (I can still do this on Saturday, mirite?)[/QUOTE]

Indeed you are - the deal goes until 5/18.

I'm picking mine up at GS with the same deal.

Am I crazy or did I read somewhere the Wii Wheel was only going to be $10? I thought I saw that somewhere but GS is listing it as $15 (unless they're pulling another Zapper +5 MSRP)

i would do the same but i plan on keeping all my wii games, i only have 5 wii games that i plan on keeping in my collection, of course they are all made by nintendo

I'm getting rid of RE4 and DBZ BT3. Can't wait!

Are Wii Wheels goin to be $20? If I like it (and I probably won't) I may pick up another.

Nope, they are $10.00.

Might have to find some cheap Wii games to flip for Mario Kart, I'm spending enough money on games with GTAIV coming out soon after and MGS4 in June.

$10? Really? That's kinda exciting. I understand people get really upset over these Wii Accessories that serve very little purpose, but still.. I like 'em.

But that's only if I like using the wheel, I'll buy a spare for the BF.

BF? Best Friend?
JK :lol:

I like the plastic accessories as well (like the Zapper and Powershot), I'll get another one as well if the motion controls are done well enough. But I have a feeling the remote + nunchaku control scheme will be the best to use.

Edit: My bad, just double checked and it's $15.00.

[quote name='yukine']BF? Best Friend?
JK :lol:

I like the plastic accessories as well (like the Zapper and Powershot), I'll get another one as well if the motion controls are done well enough. But I have a feeling the remote + nunchaku control scheme will be the best to use.[/QUOTE]

Yes, best friend

Yeah, Perfectshot. #-o

Well so far I've preferred the Wii remote + nunchaku for most of the Wii games (that is how I play Smash I like it better than the Gamecube controller.)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i would do the same but i plan on keeping all my wii games, i only have 5 wii games that i plan on keeping in my collection, of course they are all made by nintendo[/quote]

Funny, Nintendo titles are the first I ditch from my collection. Brawl, MKWii(in a couple days), and WiiSports is all that remain of my Nintendo titles. Sega titles, on the other hand, I find difficult to let go. They all see play time once in a while. Not to mention the poor trade-in values...

I hate blue shells.

[quote name='yukine']
Edit: My bad, just double checked and it's $15.00.[/quote]

The great and wonderful Speedy has posted the BB ad for next week and it shows them having the Wii Wheel at $10 (Wii Wheel // SKU # 880568 >>>> $9.99). I know where I'll be going.

anyone know if the GS deal is for pre-order only. I really don't like to go to GS to pre-order a game.

Im thinking of trading in ghost squad and rayman, still not sure if i want to part with any of my games.

I want to trade in metriod since i really don't like that game, but i paid 50 bucks for it and only finished 5% of the game in 6 months. but it seems like i didnt get my money's worth from that game

[quote name='decrot']anyone know if the GS deal is for pre-order only. I really don't like to go to GS to pre-order a game.

Im thinking of trading in ghost squad and rayman, still not sure if i want to part with any of my games.

I want to trade in metriod since i really don't like that game, but i paid 50 bucks for it and only finished 5% of the game in 6 months. but it seems like i didnt get my money's worth from that game[/quote]

That offer is good until 5/18 according to the flyer.

Have my copy preordered at BB w/ a gift card, and now I'm on a last minute business trip to London flying out Saturday night. Guess my preorder is up in the air if I don't make it back to the states by the 4th.

[quote name='CombatCraig']FINALLY! Nintendo is going back to their roots and making funny commercials again![/QUOTE]
Why don't they just take the Hot Mario DS spot and re-work it into something for the Wii title? That shit's much funnier than cowpoke red, especially if that funny little dude can pull of some new nationalities to add in there. Why try to top yourselves, Nintendo?

[quote name='dothog']Why don't they just take the Hot Mario DS spot and re-work it into something for the Wii title? That shit's much funnier than cowpoke red, especially if that funny little dude can pull of some new nationalities to add in there. Why try to top yourselves, Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Now I know who Strell is! :bouncy:

[quote name='CombatCraig']Now I know who Strell is! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
That's a bold statement. Can we really "know" someone as complex, as abstract, as the Strell? My sources say no.

Coming soon to a theater store near you!

At work today, there were at least 3 trailers with lots and lots of boxes of MKW going to various stores in north Orange County...Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, and (for me) Sam's Club.

Normally, game shipments aren't marked on the outside (one notable exception is Rock Band). But these boxes had labels that said: "MARIO KART W/ WHEEL", along with the Nintendo logo in white on the sealing tape. (One box actually said "KARIO KART", haw...)

So if you haven't preordered, odds are you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Gameplay? :whistle2:s?

I don't mind waiting till Sunday, I'm going to GS tomorrow to trade in 2 games and give them my $10.
So when is this MK Channel coming?

I wish Nintendo would advertise more. I really loved the Mario and Sonic Olympic commercials. I would love to see some funny Mario Kart or SSBB commercials, and I unfortunately don't find the car dealer ones too funny.

I can't believe I never seen a Brawl commercial....
Did they have one for Melee..?

I guess Brawl sold enough on it's own, which is even more money in their pockets LOL

[quote name='lilboo']Gameplay? :whistle2:s?

I don't mind waiting till Sunday, I'm going to GS tomorrow to trade in 2 games and give them my $10.
So when is this MK Channel coming?[/QUOTE]
MK channel is on the disc. When you run it is asks if you would like to also install it on the Wii menu.

[quote name='CouRageouS']MK channel is on the disc. When you run it is asks if you would like to also install it on the Wii menu.[/quote]

Any idea how many blocks the MK Channel takes up if you install it?

I think it was 80-90 something? I answered that a few pages back if you want the exact answer.

Edit. 86. I had to go back to page 20 :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']I think it was 80-90 something? I answered that a few pages back if you want the exact answer.

Edit. 86. I had to go back to page 20 :lol:[/quote]

Thanks.

I just got an automated call from GameStop that my store will have a midnight launch for this game. I'm torn on if I actually want to get it at midnight or not.

Here is a list of stores opening at midnight (stolen form the Deals thread but formatted so it actually works).

Mario Kart Wii Midnight GS locations

[quote name='lilboo']I can't believe I never seen a Brawl commercial....
Did they have one for Melee..?

I guess Brawl sold enough on it's own, which is even more money in their pockets LOL[/quote]

I actually saw the brawl commercial maybe just once or twice. Only 2 days until mario kart comes out I'm somewhat excited. :)

maybe but I doubt it I just got a call from gamestop saying mine would be in sunday morning. Mind you yours may arrive saturday since the post doesn't come on sunday *shrug*.

This is one of my favorite franchises and I can not wait for this game. Playing online w/ old college buddies will be great. We can recreate our N64 matches.

I just wanted to pop in and ask, I failed to pre-order and I'm not entirely fond of staying up until midnight. I know, super lazy.

I was wondering if anyone was offering a decent overnite deal when pre-ordering Mario Kart Wii online?

I'm pretty excited about the game, noticed Amazon had the extra wheels for pretty cheap $9+

bread's done
Back