Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3 January 2011

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Congratulations PS3 owners, you're getting the Game of Forever :cool:[/QUOTE]
Took the words right out of my mouth. Enjoy it you Sony losers! :)

[quote name='jman619']I guess its good for the people that has a PS3 only,but far as it is for me. I really don't care. I played the first Mass Effect and hated it. Not my style.[/QUOTE]
If it was the gameplay that bothered you, you might want to give ME2 a try anyway. It plays quite differently. If it was the story/characters/setting, well, to each their own.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If it was the gameplay that bothered you, you might want to give ME2 a try anyway. It plays quite differently. If it was the story/characters/setting, well, to each their own.[/QUOTE]

It was the gameplay.

[quote name='jman619']It was the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Give it a go again. The RPG elements have been really dumbed down. Less micromanaging and more FPS. Anyway congrats to PS3 owners. I expect ME3 will make it over (probably released multiplatform simultaneously). Doesn't really matter for me since I own a 360 and would rather play it on PC. Looking to get a PS3 next year around the time this releases.

Thank goodness, no need to get an xbox anymore for at least myself. Will get when it comes out, or at least rent it.

Originally Posted by SEH
Those aren't really exclusive as they're also available on PC as well

[quote name='nbballard']So are ME 1&2[/QUOTE]

and gears and halo are on pc too

Last edited:
I've been waiting so long for a mass effect game to come out on PS3! What they should do is release a special edition with Mass Effect 1 and 2 together as one whole game. Then again, I'm NOT ever going to play through both games.. so Mass Effect 2 is good enough for now.

I may not even buy ME2, but just knowing that some people are so bothered by the fact that its on the PS3 makes me happy. Its just so stupid that anyone at this point in time would care that a game that's been out for this long would appear on another console.

[quote name='starmask2k3']and gears and halo are on pc too[/QUOTE]

They stopped making Halos for the PC because no one cared about them.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Took the words right out of my mouth. Enjoy it you Sony losers! :)[/QUOTE]We aren't losers. We have the better console and we had the superior version of FFXIII.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Okay, but you can't tell me that this decision wasn't made by EA. They used to be the worst for milking stuff til it was dry. What's to stop them from doing it again, especially with a game that recieved Excellent reviews and PS3 owners would love to play. All I'm saying, is that this decision was made purely with the thought of more cash flow.[/QUOTE]So what, EA makes pretty much every game multi-platform.

As far as L4D2, now that Valve is on board for PS3, I could see them bringing all their games to both PS3/360. Games sell good on PS3; therefore, they are likely to go multi (but with future games).

[quote name='Mr Dude65']@ the L4D talk: Valve said a while back that they don't plan on making many games for PS3, as they feel it's harder to develop for. I don't see many Valve games coming, especially ones that have a large 360 fanbase.[/QUOTE]

Except for the part where Gabe came out on Stage during Sony's E3 press conference saying that they were going to be making games for the PS3 as well as implementing Steamworks.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Okay, but you can't tell me that this decision wasn't made by EA. They used to be the worst for milking stuff til it was dry. What's to stop them from doing it again, especially with a game that recieved Excellent reviews and PS3 owners would love to play. All I'm saying, is that this decision was made purely with the thought of more cash flow.[/QUOTE]
Why does anyone do anything ever? Why did Bioware make this game in the first place? Money. Besides, porting a game isn't milking the series it's expanding the user base so the next game will get them paid even more. Milking the series is making a terrible iphone spin off game or bad dlc.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']Why does anyone do anything ever? Why did Bioware make this game in the first place? Money. Besides, porting a game isn't milking the series it's expanding the user base so the next game will get them paid even more. Milking the series is making a terrible iphone spin off game or bad dlc.[/QUOTE]

Milking the Series -

Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Wars
Halo Reach

vs

Mass Effect 2 (360)
Mass Effect 2 (PC)
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)

I'm bummed that the first one is not being ported over, as of now. I'm not big into western style games usually, but mass effect was one of the few titles that piqued my interest. I probably won't pick up ME2 for PS3 unless ME1 gets confirmed, or I'll just have to wait until the day I inevitably get a 360.

[quote name='jaredstorm']This is stupid. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Aww, ain'chu cute. Where's your mommy?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Took the words right out of my mouth. Enjoy it you Sony losers! :)[/QUOTE]
that could be said about MGS4 to xbox.

oh wait, it never came to xbox.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']We aren't losers. We have the better console and we had the superior version of FFXIII.

So what, EA makes pretty much every game multi-platform.

As far as L4D2, now that Valve is on board for PS3, I could see them bringing all their games to both PS3/360. Games sell good on PS3; therefore, they are likely to go multi (but with future games).[/QUOTE]

Didnt know FFXIII had a superior version. That game was a huge let down
As a owner of both consoles the PS3 version will just be a port and i am not sure by Jan they will sell as many copies as they think. But it comes to no surprise that a third party would not make multi. Better cosole as in what? Bayonetta gameplay?

So many bitter Xbots in this thread., kind of pitiful. If you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft for giving companies moneybags, while deluding you into thinking you had a true exclusive on the system rather than a timed one. The 360 has bled exclusives and nearly all of them have been by design. There's no reason to be bitter towards PS3 owners about that.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft for giving companies moneybags, while deluding you into thinking you had a true exclusive on the system rather than a timed one.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

MS's strategy is turning for the worse now that 3rd parties are stopping exclusives and they're throwing all their money into Kinect instead of paying developers to make exclusives. They did not think longterm. Sony on the other hand is set up perfectly with all their internal studios.

[quote name='FroMann']Sweet, I already own the first one through Steam but my Computer can't run it. Will the first one be out anytime soon?
Same Here...

Can't people just be happy that more players are actually going to be able to play Mass Effect 2?

What's up with that other game... Gears of... War.. I'd love to have that hot piece of software coursing through my PS3s cell processor.

[quote name='Thomas96']What's up with that other game... Gears of... War.. I'd love to have that hot piece of software coursing through my PS3s cell processor.[/QUOTE]

Tell you what, we'll trade you that for God of War and Uncharted!!!!;););)

I hope to see the original Mass Effect renamed like with Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma. Mass Effect + or Mass Effect Delta.

I have Mass Effect still sealed and the whole transferring of character data to Mass Effect 2 has my interest if I'm going to put in the time for the first game.

Now I'm sitting on the fence. Should I wait for Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 and its bonuses or get the Xbox 360 version?

On my first ME2 playthrough I still found the game to be very enjoyable even though I had no previous save. I played through ME1 several times before though.

bobby.png

[quote name='ssjmichael']So many bitter Xbots in this thread., kind of pitiful. If you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft for giving companies moneybags, while deluding you into thinking you had a true exclusive on the system rather than a timed one. The 360 has bled exclusives and nearly all of them have been by design. There's no reason to be bitter towards PS3 owners about that.[/QUOTE]EXACTLY. They've been doing it over DLC, paid timed exclusives, and many other things. MS probably paid for a timed exclusive on ME2.

[quote name='darkcecil32']I'm bummed that the first one is not being ported over, as of now. I'm not big into western style games usually, but mass effect was one of the few titles that piqued my interest. I probably won't pick up ME2 for PS3 unless ME1 gets confirmed, or I'll just have to wait until the day I inevitably get a 360.[/QUOTE]There will be a back story of ME1 included in ME2, so people know what's going on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/18/ps3-mass-effect-2-to-have-seamless-introduction-integrates-a/

[quote name='nddave']Didnt know FFXIII had a superior version. That game was a huge let down
As a owner of both consoles the PS3 version will just be a port and i am not sure by Jan they will sell as many copies as they think. But it comes to no surprise that a third party would not make multi. Better cosole as in what? Bayonetta gameplay?[/QUOTE]FFXIII is the best game all year. Awesome characters, best battle system in a JRPG in many years, and so on. Bayonetta does have better controls on PS3 since DS3 is better for action oriented games (not FPS).

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Tell you what, we'll trade you that for God of War and Uncharted!!!!;););)[/QUOTE]

Those games won't even run on a 360... at least they wont' look as good as they did on PS3. But hey, if they come out on 360 you definitely wouldn't see me going over to the 360 forums saying MS Sucks, and MS are losers... etc... lol. They're just games... the only issue I have with Multiplatform games is that the PS3 version usually suffers, out of the two. I want my 3rd party multiplatform games to look as good as first / second party games. Hopefully Crysis won't end up like that.

[quote name='Thomas96']Milking the Series -

Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Wars
Halo Reach

vs

Mass Effect 2 (360)
Mass Effect 2 (PC)
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)[/QUOTE]

That's hardly a fair comparison. Those Halo games are being released over the course of three years and two developers, all for the same platform. ME2 for PS3 is coming out a year after the Xbox and PC versions, and all of them apply to different audiences.

My sister and my father own PS3s, not 360's, and don't play PC games, so I couldn't recommend ME2 until now.

I'm all for more people playing great games, personally. The better ME2 sales are, the more of a budget Bioware will be able to set aside for ME3 to make it as epic as possible.

Not only $ ME3, but for all their future titles. which will hopefully appear on more platforms, more often. Because Bioware makes great games, and this a good thing for all gamers and the future games they will be playing.

[quote name='Thomas96']Those games won't even run on a 360... at least they wont' look as good as they did on PS3. But hey, if they come out on 360 you definitely wouldn't see me going over to the 360 forums saying MS Sucks, and MS are losers... etc... lol. They're just games... the only issue I have with Multiplatform games is that the PS3 version usually suffers, out of the two. I want my 3rd party multiplatform games to look as good as first / second party games. Hopefully Crysis won't end up like that.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I never said PS3 sucks. You should really think before you post. And I'd have to say, I wouldn't be pointing fingers if I were you, as many of your posts are biased. I honestly don;t care what games come out on what systems as long as I get to play the games I want. I get that with my 360, so that's why I bought it.

I like that Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 - but I am not to keen on ME3 releasing on both consoles simultaneously. Development spread across two Sku's is never preferred.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I like that Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 - but I am not to keen on ME3 releasing on both consoles simultaneously. Development spread across two Sku's is never preferred.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with this. It seems like one version always suffers because of it.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, I never said PS3 sucks. You should really think before you post. And I'd have to say, I wouldn't be pointing fingers if I were you, as many of your posts are biased. I honestly don;t care what games come out on what systems as long as I get to play the games I want. I get that with my 360, so that's why I bought it.[/QUOTE]

hey.... I wasn't saying that you said those things.. those were just examples of things that people had said within the thread.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I like that Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 - but I am not to keen on ME3 releasing on both consoles simultaneously. Development spread across two Sku's is never preferred.[/QUOTE]

Well its the PS3 version that's going to be at more risk of being mishandled when its developed simultaneously with the 360 version. I think that Criterion (Burnout paradise) really was one of the first to showcase how a game being developed simultaneously for the PS3/360 should be handled.

When you look at Final Fantasy XIII, the PS3 version is the superior version, not because the 360 version was mishandled, it was due to the fact that the PS3 does have some advantages over the 360 and the developer didn't mind utilizing those advantages to make the best product possible on the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mass Effect 1 on 360 was a technical nightmare (some claimed it was a PC beta). Dragon Age on consoles (apparently ported to consoles by someone else).

[quote name='JasonTerminator']That's hardly a fair comparison. Those Halo games are being released over the course of three years and two developers, all for the same platform. ME2 for PS3 is coming out a year after the Xbox and PC versions, and all of them apply to different audiences.

My sister and my father own PS3s, not 360's, and don't play PC games, so I couldn't recommend ME2 until now.

I'm all for more people playing great games, personally. The better ME2 sales are, the more of a budget Bioware will be able to set aside for ME3 to make it as epic as possible.[/QUOTE]
That's basically what "milking a series" means. Releasing a new game yearly and having multiple studios working on multiple games in the same series, spinoffs, $60 expansion pack, etc.

[quote name='guardian_owl']So what major exclusives does that leave for Xbox now, Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Alan Wake?[/QUOTE]

Also Fable, Tales of Vesperia (in US/Europe), and Crackdown. For smaller exclusives among JRPG's, there's Magna Carta 2, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (on consoles) but I'm pretty sure all of those are OoP, just like Tales of Vesperia is.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']FFXIII is the best game all year. Awesome characters, best battle system in a JRPG in many years, and so on.[/QUOTE]

Sorry gotta disagree with ya there TMK. I couldn't get rid of FF XIII quick enough. I think it's the worst FF released on console (can't decide if FF III on DS is worse) and the end of me ever buying a FF again for full price and/or new instead of used. I couldn't stand playing but a few hours of FF XIII, but loved playing Alpha Protocol, despite its flaws.

The JRPG lineup of 07/08 (Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and Valkyria Chronicles) blows away FF XIII IMO. Blue Dragon is DEFINATELY the weakest of the 5 games I mentioned, but I'll put up ANY of those other 4 against FF XIII any day of the week.

Of course I named Tales of Vesperia 2008 RPG/XBox 360 GotY on my podcast so I'm a little biased. :) [Full disclosure that was the first Tales game I had beaten, played about 10 hours of Symphonia on Gamecube with some friends once.]

Back to Mass Effect 2; I'm glad it's coming to PS3 only because I personally know some PS3 only owners so now they get to play an awesome game. I think something is missed by not being able to start their character from ME 1, but it's the best Bioware/EA can do with an imperfect situation, as MS apparently has a deathgrip on ME 1 that cannot be shaken unlike other timed exclusives MS has had (Eternal Sonata, Ninja Gaiden 1/2, Star Ocean 4, and Tales in Japan only so far.)

Plus more sales equals more Bioware games. As long as the quality remains constant, I'm happy.

FFXIII is the best game all year. Awesome characters, best battle system in a JRPG in many years, and so on. Bayonetta does have better controls on PS3 since DS3 is better for action oriented games (not FPS).[/QUOTE]

Wow!! this is def. your opinion which is fine. Metacritic and I Def. do not agree. Bayonetta plays like horsea$$ on the PS3

[quote name='The Mana Knight']EXACTLY. They've been doing it over DLC, paid timed exclusives, and many other things. MS probably paid for a timed exclusive on ME2.

There will be a back story of ME1 included in ME2, so people know what's going on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/18/ps3-mass-effect-2-to-have-seamless-introduction-integrates-a/

FFXIII is the best game all year. Awesome characters, best battle system in a JRPG in many years, and so on. Bayonetta does have better controls on PS3 since DS3 is better for action oriented games (not FPS).[/QUOTE]

Cool, I guess that helps a bit getting some backdrop for the second game. However, I hear that the character import feature from ME1 to ME2 was really cool, and I'm hoping at some point (even if it's later rather than never), the PS3 will get that option as well.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']That's basically what "milking a series" means. Releasing a new game yearly and having multiple studios working on multiple games in the same series, spinoffs, $60 expansion pack, etc.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was trying to point out, that Halo was milking the franchise and ME wasn't.

Looking at what I said again, however, I can see that my argument might be seen as pro Halo.

So the moral of the story kids, is that you should buy Mass Effect 2 next year and not buy anything else until you own a copy of Mass Effect 2 for any platform. Not even Arkham City.

bread's done
Back