Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

[quote name='Dasflikko']It just doesn't have quite the range I was hoping for, so I think I am going to try being a more biotic charge and pull oriented Vanguard after my respec. But we'll see, maybe I will end up using shockwave a lot more before I am done with the game. Going through cover definitely makes it sound better![/QUOTE]
Yeah it sucks until at least level 2.

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Make sure your EA/Bioware Social network login is correctly linked to your XBL gamertag unless you will come across some headaches.

[quote name='Malik112099']FYI: I imported a level 46 sheppard soldier (I dont know how since I couldnt find any Mass Effect save data) and started off as a level 3[/QUOTE]

Actually, level 2. If you paid attention to the tooltip when you finish talking to the Illusive Man for the first time it mentions how much exp you gained.

Import

[quote name='Draekon']Actually, level 2. If you paid attention to the tooltip when you finish talking to the Illusive Man for the first time it mentions how much exp you gained.

Import

Did anybody buy the game B&M from Target? I went there yesterday and they didn't have it. On the Target website it says that Mass Effect 2 is online only. Anybody know anything about this?

[quote name='Brian9824']What is the cerberus card anyways?[/QUOTE]

You redeem the code and you get a bunch of free DLC made available to you. Currently available is a mission to go to a VERY significant crash site, and a mission to get a new crew member, a human mercenary.

[quote name='jeffpm']Did anybody buy the game B&M from Target? I went there yesterday and they didn't have it. On the Target website it says that Mass Effect 2 is online only. Anybody know anything about this?[/QUOTE]

I saw both the regular and collector's edition at Target yesterday.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I didn't have the mission for the extra crew member in my available DLC.. only the crash site.

Anyone else have that problem?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't up yet. It's up as of mid day today.

[quote name='Draekon']Check the Bioware Mass Effect 2 Forums and there should be posts and official answers on this.[/QUOTE]

im screwed to ****, my gamertag (ea persona) is on a ea account (DA:O) thats different to my main. if i had hold'd on typing the codes i could have fixed this by making a different account on Biowares'SN . no point in trying because you cant type the same codes on different accounts.

this whole **** fest started with DA:eek: not registering my official email and me having to use a different one thus putting my gamercard on the wrong one

EDIT: if bioware creates another game(or code), I AM READY NOW FOR THIS CODE SHIT

This game is the bees knees, the shiznit, the bomb, *insert another stupid saying*. No really, Bioware really 1 upped themselves on this one. I can't believe I care more about dialog and scanning planets due to ME2 lol.

Wow, recruiting "The Convict" was awesome. Game just keeps getting better and better. Only thing that bothers me is that I think I might be doing something wrong with my dialogue choices. Every time I try to talk to
Garrus
or Miranda they just say "Not now Shepard, I'm busy." :cry:

This game has really good character development. Each one of the characters is really different and really interesting. Even Jack who I thought I would hate from the trailers won me over after talking to her several times and doing her loyalty quest. The overall story is pretty disappointing, but I guess this game is more about your crew then saving the universe.

Last night I got in about 3hours on the game, pretty awesome so far and I can't wait to play a ton more tonight. However I did run into something odd, I installed this game to my hard drive and when I was running around on the Normandy I got a dirty disc error. This is the first error message like that I've ever gotten, and found it odd since the game was already installed to my hard drive. Anyone have any experience similar to this?

I booted it back up and played for another hour and a half or so without any problems, hopefully it stays that way.

[quote name='timesplitt']im screwed to ****, my gamertag (ea persona) is on a ea account (DA:O) thats different to my main. if i had hold'd on typing the codes i could have fixed this by making a different account on Biowares'SN . no point in trying because you cant type the same codes on different accounts.

this whole **** fest started with DA:eek: not registering my official email and me having to use a different one thus putting my gamercard on the wrong one

EDIT: if bioware creates another game(or code), I AM READY NOW FOR THIS CODE SHIT[/QUOTE]

If you have 30 minutes or so to spare, you could go into EA's online support chat to get your accounts merged. That's how long it took Wombat to do it yesterday.

Do the loyalty quests unlock after having a crew member on board for a while? Or do you have to be actively using them on quests for a length of time before it opens up?

I was able to hunt me down a CE version of the game! :D I just have to finish up ME1 now(about 28 hrs in and counting).

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you have 30 minutes or so to spare, you could go into EA's online support chat to get your accounts merged. That's how long it took Wombat to do it yesterday.[/QUOTE]

On hold now and I am pissed. Thanks EA.

[quote name='Fjordson']Do the loyalty quests unlock after having a crew member on board for a while? Or do you have to be actively using them on quests for a length of time before it opens up?[/QUOTE]

I would assume they unlock after 1) you have all the required "personal" conversations with the crew member and 2) you pass a certain point in the story.

I doubt there is an active squad requirement because I've unlocked loyalty quests for characters I never use, and am still waiting on the quest for the one dude I always use. ;)

[quote name='Dasflikko']I would assume they unlock after 1) you have all the required "personal" conversations with the crew member and 2) you pass a certain point in the story.

I doubt there is an active squad requirement because I've unlocked loyalty quests for characters I never use, and am still waiting on the quest for the one dude I always use. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wrong on the first one, somewhat wrong on the second. Basically they're unlocked by completing x amount of Missions after obtaining them or something along those lines. It's something like one or two usually I think.

You can restart any mission you're playing from the load save screen. Also after a brief overlook of my squad's weapon specializations I now realize that regular pistols in this game are actually considered SMGs. Why I have absolutely no idea but it is the only answer that makes sense because heavy pistols are distinctly different and labeled as such. Pistols however aren't and nearly half of the team members I possess specialize in SMGs so there you go.

Retarded but at least all that research won't being going to waste any longer.

[quote name='Draekon']Wrong on the first one, somewhat wrong on the second. Basically they're unlocked by completing x amount of Missions after obtaining them or something along those lines. It's something like one or two usually I think.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make any sense though. I recruited Garrus first, and have hit a stonewall in my personal conversations with him. Obviously the conversation will open up again after I've completed a specific mission.

But unless he has a ridiculously high number (very possible!) of completed missions required I would think the key point to unlock the quest would be the personal conversations. I could be wrong, I am just guessing based on what Bioware did in previous games.

Did you read the requirements somewhere?

[quote name='Dasflikko']That doesn't make any sense though. I recruited Garrus first, and have hit a stonewall in my personal conversations with him. Obviously the conversation will open up again after I've completed a specific mission.

But unless he has a ridiculously high number (very possible!) of completed missions required I would think the key point to unlock the quest would be the personal conversations. I could be wrong, I am just guessing based on what Bioware did in previous games.

Did you read the requirements somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Basing off of conversations between myself and a couple friends. I've done zero personal talks with anyone and had everybody open up their quest within a couple missions (not assignments).

EDIT: Of course it's possible there's also a minimum requirement of Missions complete before you begin obtaining them. After that though, it's seems like they're all opened one or two missions after you recruit them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrankySox']Last night I got in about 3hours on the game, pretty awesome so far and I can't wait to play a ton more tonight. However I did run into something odd, I installed this game to my hard drive and when I was running around on the Normandy I got a dirty disc error. This is the first error message like that I've ever gotten, and found it odd since the game was already installed to my hard drive. Anyone have any experience similar to this?

I booted it back up and played for another hour and a half or so without any problems, hopefully it stays that way.[/QUOTE]

I got the same error in the middle of a loading screen despite the fact that the game was installed. Never seen one before; I assumed it had something to do with me getting kicked off XBL right before and the title update it made me download when I restarted.

[quote name='Draekon']Basing off of conversations between myself and a couple friends. I've done zero personal talks with anyone and had everybody open up their quest within a couple missions (not assignments).

EDIT: Of course it's possible there's also a minimum requirement of Missions complete before you begin obtaining them. After that though, it's seems like they're all opened one or two missions after you recruit them.[/QUOTE]
Oh okay, thanks man. I've been nervous because I want to get more dialogue and side quests for all the characters, but it would be a pain to have to keep switching your active squad all the time in order to do so.

[quote name='kylerg']Getting the game tomorrow.
On TXB someone said there was a 421MB update.[/QUOTE]

I think he was talking about the Zaeed DLC.

Color me jealous. I just read e-mail which is HUGE nod to a Bioware forum poster and Thane fangirl. They even used her damn forum name, haha. Amazing work... but I'm still jealous. ;'(

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you have 30 minutes or so to spare, you could go into EA's online support chat to get your accounts merged. That's how long it took Wombat to do it yesterday.[/QUOTE]

waited 30 minutes

got owned by EA again "No agents are currently available"

it doesn't matter anymore really I'll just live with playing the game. unless someone wants to trade, i can give them 48(couple) hour live code, for the armors&guns since i got my gamercard onto bioware'SN now

[quote name='CombatCraig']Has anyone watched the CE DVD yet? I want to check it out but don't want any spoilers...[/QUOTE]
I have not yet, but after seeing the spoilers in the art book I ain't taking chances.

[quote name='kylerg']Is Zaeed part of the Crash site DLC or something else?[/QUOTE]

It is it's own DLC. I was able to download it at 9 a.m. eastern this morning.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']You can restart any mission you're playing from the load save screen. Also after a brief overlook of my squad's weapon specializations I now realize that regular pistols in this game are actually considered SMGs. Why I have absolutely no idea but it is the only answer that makes sense because heavy pistols are distinctly different and labeled as such. Pistols however aren't and nearly half of the team members I possess specialize in SMGs so there you go.

Retarded but at least all that research won't being going to waste any longer.[/QUOTE]
I actually just found an SMG and it's called the Tempest SubMachine Gun.

Really?

THANK YOU. How many hours are you into the game so I can get a rough spoiler free estimate of how long it'll take before I find it?

For anyone that got the DLC for the game early the other day through xbox.com, does it work? And do I have to do anything in particular to get all the DLC to work? Thanks in advance for any info.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Really?

THANK YOU. How many hours are you into the game so I can get a rough spoiler free estimate of how long it'll take before I find it?[/QUOTE]
20 hours in, but it's on Haestrom as Das said. You should go get it, it seriously pwns, man. I've bought tons of upgrades for it and it just mows down everything.

bread's done
Back