Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

[quote name='SpockBlocker']about ash...
after she pretty much broke my heart on Horizon, she sent me an email on my personal computer thing. if you read it, it's clear she still cares, and says she doesn't want to lose you again.
[/QUOTE]

Kaiden sends a similar email if you are a female Sheperd and kept him alive/romanced him.

If you're a female Shepard and you romanced Liara, the welcome back is a little nicer. :)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Mine has been open ever since I started playing the game. I noticed the remaining slots right away. More so after recruiting the bounty hunter as he filled in the open slot next to Legion so naturally I'm wondering (if intentional) who's going to fill the last one next to Jack.

Pretty odd yours is completely full and not mine. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia had some interesting information about a new squad member, and other future DLC plans.

Bioware admitted to an additional character already (found this on Wikipedia).

Kasumi and it will be revealed at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']
There's a remaining slot? Mine are always filled up... Did it just open up recently? And Morinth takes Samara's spot if you take her.
[/QUOTE]

next time you're in the Team selection screen look on the far right side.

Do any of you guys actually use Zaeed? I mean it's cool to have a DLC squad member, but it's not like he's a big deal or anything. I guess it's just EA's way of saying, "Buy the game new, or you'll be short a squad member without the Cerberus Network. Hahahaha!"

[quote name='mogshaz']next time you're in the Team selection screen look on the far right side.[/QUOTE]
I did today in my completely finished playthrough when I landed on Illium and there wasn't an empty spot. I'll go back on and play a little later tonight and see if there's a spot now.

Kasumi, eh? Color me intrigued though such a 'normal' name leads me to wonder we're going to get shafted for a second time. Zaeed is a total mess IMO. He doesn't even have conversation branches, his power wheel and Inferno Grenades are rather underwhelming and couldn't be anymore boring at this point. I rarely use him so right now he is just taking up space and I can't in clear conscious acknowledge him nor his loyalty mission as real DLC.

If this Kasumi individual has even a sliver more personality and depth to offer then I'm all for it. I guess the unused port area of the ship opposite to the observation deck are their quarters because I'm running out of room on my ship. I'm not Bruce Wayne damnit. I have no interest in collecting squad mates in the same fashion he collected troubled kids. They damn sure aren't bunking with me unless they've got a nice set of eyes, legs and an attitude to match.

I'm honestly more interested in the Hammerhead DLC right now, but thanks for the news Teradon.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Do any of you guys actually use Zaeed? I mean it's cool to have a DLC squad member, but it's not like he's a big deal or anything. I guess it's just EA's way of saying, "Buy the game new, or you'll be short a squad member without the Cerberus Network. Hahahaha!"[/QUOTE]

Hes pretty half-assed piece of DLC, if hes really just there to get people to buy the game new I can't say its a huge loss for them. Its a shame too because I thought he would be Mass effect's version of Canderous Ordo.

It's pretty sad because when I first heard of the character immediately gears starting turning in my head. I wondered why the universe suddenly needed a battle harden/crotchety old pseudo-Fett added onto the list of 'dark' party members. Then after hearing about the Cerberus Network deal I later wondered if EA might have put the devs up to it.

Imagine my surprise when I recruited his boring uninteresting ass and flew right through his loyalty mission. ...Ugh. Let's hope Kasumi isn't a case of Deja Vu.

I would actually have liked Zaeed, to tell you the truth, if he wasn't presented in such an awful manner. As others have said, it's like his entire role and the role of the crappy Normandy wreckage mission is to justify their DLC strategy. There's no excuse, not when Shale ended up being one of my favorite Dragon Age characters.

[quote name='timesplitt']did anyone romance ashley and have her live in ME1!!!!!!!!

did you stay fateful :p[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The only male romance option that doesn't come off as forced is
Tali, and her quasi-virginal antics in the romance weird me out a bit too much. Plus the total tease with the helmet.

The scene of Shepard looking at the picture is nice, too.

I'm still contemplating this so called "DLC Strategy" until they actually release something else on the Cerberus Network. I'm starting to get concerned that future DLC will come at a price when I had thought everything was coming out for free through this network.

Then again nobody really ever confirmed it.

Thank you for reminding me of how utterly crappy the wreckage mission was Bruce. I was hoping to
find something other than my helmet and Pressly's diary.
Here's hoping we'll get a chance to revisit and/or speak there to honor your old crew.

Thankfully the
various e-mails from ME1's side quest NPCs
more than made up for it. So emotionally engaging, so personal, completely took the player by surprise and rewarded them in one of the best conceivable ways IMHO.

Yeah, that "mission" was awful. Speaking at a service from the site or something would be interesting choice for a Cerberus Network DLC, especially if it comes with funny Renegade options, like speaking poorly of the dead crew members.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I did today in my completely finished playthrough when I landed on Illium and there wasn't an empty spot. I'll go back on and play a little later tonight and see if there's a spot now.[/QUOTE]

He is referring to the fact that there is a gap there (on the right) that on the left is filled by Zaeed. He is not saying there is an empty data pad, because there isn't one.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
There's a remaining slot? Mine are always filled up... Did it just open up recently? And Morinth takes Samara's spot if you take her.
[/QUOTE]

did not know that was possible.. no selection popped for me, just watched youtube do i have to go renegade in order to have this pop up?

when i got to the collector ship a girl died, some crew mentioned it being kelly but when i beat the game funny enough, there was Kelly right near the galaxy station. so some chick unnamed on my crew is dead wahhh

Well...

...when you get to the Collector base, you will see one of the abducted colonists get liquefied. After that, one of two things happen, depending on whether or not you did sidequests after the crew was taken. If you did, some of them, including Kelly, get liquefied, too. If you didn't, you are able to save them all.

I was wondering what changes take place in the story if you chose to let the Destiny Ascension be destroyed in the first game.

[quote name='timesplitt']did not know that was possible.. no selection popped for me, just watched youtube do i have to go renegade in order to have this pop up?[/QUOTE]
Nope, I was completely Paragon and it popped up. I chose Samara, of course. I thought it wouldn't give me the loyalty if I chose Morinth.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Does anybody know if I can have a relationship with Miranda, or anyone even, after having had uncommitted sex with Jack at the beginning of the game? I didn't romance Jack, we just fudged, so I'm hoping Miranda or Tali will give me a chance. Miranda is still flirting with me now, after her loyalty mission.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters. I just had the casual encounter late in the game, and Miranda is still saying she stop by the next time it's quiet, Tali is still asking me to commit to her etc.

[quote name='mogshaz']next time you're in the Team selection screen look on the far right side.[/QUOTE]

The empty spot must vary in location. Mine is the 2nd from the left.

I'm extremely pissed and confused at the moment. There must be a lot more to the end game scenario than meets the eye. It can't be as simple a matching up the right party member for the right job because no matter WHO I send into the vents they always die. Once again my ship is fully upgraded and everyone is loyal so what the fuck is going on here?

Adding insult to injury knowing that I can't save before making a decision thus forced to reload a save before venturing into the Omega 4 Relay AND not being able to skip any of those cut scenes because the boss fight is making matters worse. I just want my damn achievement and to start a new play-through. QUIT COCK BLOCKING FOR NO REASON.

I have a creeping feeling making Zaeed a team leader is what's been fucking me over here. Ah well... I'll figure it out soon enough. I just wanted to vent a little. Sorry. >_>

Just have a couple questions:

I've done pretty much every side mission up to this point, and right now my main story mission is
to obtain the Reaper IFF.
I'm about 80% done or so, right?

Also, in regards to romancing, I've read
that it's possible to get with all three girls, but I don't think I've seen any sure way to do so. Does anyone know? I've read that it has to do with the order you choose to do so, and in my case, I've gotten all the way with Miranda, I'm just waiting for a "quiet moment." I romanced Jack second, and right now the dialogue tells me I have to break it off; Tali came third, and the same thing. If I had to choose, I'd like to end it with Tali or Jack; the "sex scenes" don't matter, I know they all kind of blow.

Sorry for the long paragraph, haha.

EDIT: And for the guy above, no spoilers bro?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
I'm extremely pissed and confused at the moment. There must be a lot more to the end game scenario than meets the eye. It can't be as simple a matching up the right party member for the right job because no matter WHO I send into the vents they always die. Once again my ship is fully upgraded and everyone is loyal so what the fuck is going on here?

Adding insult to injury knowing that I can't save before making a decision thus forced to reload a save before venturing into the Omega 4 Relay AND not being able to skip any of those cut scenes because the boss fight is making matters worse. I just want my damn achievement and to start a new play-through. QUIT COCK BLOCKING FOR NO REASON.

I have a creeping feeling making Zaeed a team leader is what's been fucking me over here. Ah well... I'll figure it out soon enough. I just wanted to vent a little. Sorry. >_>
[/QUOTE]
Did you try Tali or Legion in the vents? I've used both that way and they lived. Just remember to make it to the switches before their time runs out. Also, yes, Zaeed is not a very good team leader at all... Garrus and Miranda are the ones that are good at that.

Sorry Wut, but you showed up like 4 minutes before I could even think to edit and add them. Joel if you could wrap spoiler tags around that quote whenever you get a chance that would be great. Shit happens though... seriously. It's also not possible to romance all three in one play-through. The closest you can probably get to that is screwing Jack then romancing either of the remaining two options. In theory you might be able to continue another romance...
if you choose to continue playing after beating it, but 1) you'd have to tell one you were breaking off but never do it thus keeping both in limbo ...or... 2) go through with it but your romance option would have to die during the end game.

Sounds like way too much damn work for a little virtual diddling if you ask me.

Anyway...

Tali and Legion were the first two choices I made and they never died inside the vents but while shutting the main doors. I'm convinced the team leaders matter so Zaeed can suck a dick. He's fired from that job as well life as far as I'm concerned. I also wanted to refrain from splitting Miranda and Jacob up because I've been forcing myself to use them throughout most of the game, but will if all else fails. Thanks.

Tali and Legion were the first two choices I made and they never died inside the vents but while shutting the main doors. I'm convinced the team leaders matter so Zaeed can suck a dick. He's fired from that job as well life as far as I'm concerned. I also wanted to refrain from splitting Miranda and Jacob up because I've been forcing myself to use them throughout most of the game, but will if all else fails. Thanks.

The second squad leader definitely matters. There's a thread over on the Bioware forums that breaks down how and why your squadmates may die: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/871030/1

Ending mission stuff:

Edit: Looks like my fellow Metroplex resident already posted the best link regarding the ending mission.

P.S. Zaeed sucks, worthless character both in battle and personality-wise. ;)

[quote name='lolwut?']

I've done pretty much every side mission up to this point, and right now my main story mission is
to obtain the Reaper IFF.
I'm about 80% done or so, right?
[/QUOTE]

including
the Geth ship
, you've got three dungeons in total left to go through

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Sorry Wut, but you showed up like 4 minutes before I could even think to edit and add them.

Anyway...

[/QUOTE]

It's alright. I knew everything you were talking about already, but I figured a lot of other people in here might not.

I just did the
Garrus loyalty mission. I chose for him to take the shot. What happens if you warn him?

[quote name='Blackout']I just did the
Garrus loyalty mission. I chose for him to take the shot. What happens if you warn him?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone on earth would know the answer to that because
not helping Garrus is crazy talk.

[quote name='Blackout']I just did the
[/QUOTE]

Shepard convinces Garrus that Sidonis has suffered enough psychological damage over what he did. Garrus lets him escape.

Arikado is my hero. ^_^

Btw Das I knew because my Shepard said it wasn't like him (even though it really was...) and Paragon Shepard's word is law in Mass Effect. It's almost creepy how much power and influence he holds over all of them. Seriously.

im so glad i dont have to feed the mouse those fish couldn't last a day and the mouse was so cute with his churp noise that i dont want him to go

So Kelly is feeding my fish now. Will my ham ham survive? I don't feel like going to my cabin just to make him squeak. I'm assuming that small bit of attention keeps it alive, because I sure as heck don't see any food to give him.

LOL. There isn't any food to feed it because apparently all hamsters in space are equally adept in the process of photosynthesis. It won't die no matter how much you neglect it. I checked on maybe a handful of times in my last run and it couldn't have been healthier every time.

is it really worth getting just based on the story and all....cause i have heard that there isn't much difference between the first one and this based on game play??

Okay on the subject of the next DLC party member, is there supposed to just be an empty space or is there a little square thing for the character like everyone else? If it's the latter then I do have the space, I just always assumed it was there because my brother played with the ratio of our tv and made it look funny.

Also, thanks a lot, MSUHitman! I wasn't even aware we had a live CAGcast tonight, I'll definitely be tuning in.

[quote name='GamerLina']is it really worth getting just based on the story and all....cause i have heard that there isn't much difference between the first one and this based on game play??[/QUOTE]

What? Who told you that? The gameplay is pretty much revamped straight across the board. In fact Bioware took this game in such a different direction that a lot of people that liked the rpg-y feel of the first one are pretty upset. Oh and don't listen to those people that say the game has been "dumbed down" (what does that even mean???).

Have you played Mass Effect 1? Mass Effect 2 is infinitely more enjoyable for people that have played the first because of the story being a direct continuation. As for gameplay, if you like action games like Gears of War or Uncharted 2, this game plays a lot more like those games than your typical Final Fantasy.

[quote name='Malik112099']i just did Jack's loyalty mission and she doesnt want to bone. Do i need to just come back later?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Do another mission and come back, should have the option the 2nd time of talking to her after the loyalty mission. At least I did.

If she said so then yes. You do. It either means you have another main story related mission ahead of you to continue the romance or if you just wanted to hit and quit then you may have missed your chance.

As for the CAGcast I'll just stop by here later tonight where someone will likely post a recap of the events. Thanks Hitman!

Doesn't have to be a main story related mission. I talked to her after her loyalty mission, and she said to come talk later. I did another characters loyalty mission, and got the option after that.

Any mission you do should give you new conversation optoins with most crew members (until you're at the end of their conversation chain). Doing assignments won't move it along, but anything listed under missions will.

Regarding the empty character slot discussion from last night. I saw some people mention someone called
Legion
after my post last nice. I've not encountered that person yet, so if that persons joins I would then have a full party with no empty slots.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Regarding the empty character slot discussion from last night. I saw some people mention someone called
Legion
after my post last nice. I've not encountered that person yet, so if that persons joins I would then have a full party with no empty slots.[/QUOTE]

The empty slot doesnt have a datapad/tablet thing. I have my full team and it is extra empty space to the right of jack. It would be on the other side if Zaeed wasnt there. I will take a picture so people arent confused about it.

bread's done
Back